PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshift Druid Gestalt?

Niezck
2010-07-01, 09:54 PM
I'm looking to join a level 6 gestalt game on these here boards and really want to play a Druid with the Shapeshift variant from PHBII.

The only issue is ... what can I possibly play on the other side of the gestalt?

Since I'd want to spend most of my time in some kind of predator form or another, I need something that functions perfectly without the use of anything humanoid (equipment, weapons, speech, somatic components, etc).

Any thoughts/suggestions/etc?

Mastikator
2010-07-01, 09:56 PM
Barbarian? You can rage while bear shaped. Or monk.

PapaNachos
2010-07-01, 10:01 PM
You could always use something from the tome of battle.

PId6
2010-07-01, 10:06 PM
Unarmed Swordsage. You have Wis synergy, the ability to use unarmed strikes along with natural attacks in a full attack routine, and options in combat (Tiger Claw fits extremely well fluff-wise). A two-level dip in monk can work as well for Flurry and bonus feats.

Niezck
2010-07-01, 10:11 PM
Unarmed Swordsage. You have Wis synergy, the ability to use unarmed strikes along with natural attacks in a full attack routine, and options in combat (Tiger Claw fits extremely well fluff-wise). A two-level dip in monk can work as well for Flurry and bonus feats.

I've heard of the Unarmed Swordsage but never seen it ... is it an ACF somewhere?

Lyndworm
2010-07-01, 10:14 PM
It's in the Adaptation section of the Swordsage class in ToB. I suggest that, Barbarian (d12, full BAB, Rage), Monk (Unarmed attacks, Wis to AC, Speed, all good saves), or Sorcerer.

We're using the Spellpoint variant with a houserule that all SP stack into one pool. You can use those delicious Sorcerer SP to cast Druid spells while Wildshaped, and learn Wizard-type buff spells to cast before you change form.

PapaNachos
2010-07-01, 10:15 PM
Page 20 of the tome of battle, under 'Adaptation'

Niezck
2010-07-01, 10:17 PM
It's in the Adaptation section of the Swordsage class in ToB. I suggest that, Barbarian, Monk, or Sorcerer.

We're using the Spellpoint variant with a houserule that all SP stack into one pool. You can use those delicious Sorcerer SP to cast Druid spells while Wildshaped, and learn Wizard-type buff spells to cast before you change form.

Ah, this is shapeshift though, so no natural spell sadly. :smallfrown:

I might go Unarmed Swordsage / Monk on the other side ... Not sure how the flurry/unarmed strike and whatnot would interact with natural attacks though?

Lyndworm
2010-07-01, 10:20 PM
Ah, this is shapeshift though, so no natural spell sadly. :smallfrown:
Right, I forgot about that. Though it might make that combination even better.

I might go Unarmed Swordsage / Monk on the other side ... Not sure how the flurry/unarmed strike and whatnot would interact with natural attacks though?
US doesn't have Flurry, but natural attacks are an attack all their own. You take a flurry as normal, and then take your natural attacks as normal, with an additional penalty as appropriate to your level of Flurry.

gallagher
2010-07-01, 10:32 PM
You could always use something from the tome of battle.

crusader anyone? swordsage would be pretty wicked too

Lyndworm
2010-07-01, 10:34 PM
Several people have already suggested such a thing. Some expanded upon thought with more than once sentence. :smallwink: