PDA

View Full Version : Docnessuno vs Cadian!

Cadian 9th
2010-07-01, 10:38 PM
You stand in a square of the arena, 100ft across and 100ft wide. You are watched by the gods for mere ammusement, a fight to satisfy their desire. Your Challenger enters, an elven warrior of incredible skill, a champion of Correlon. He wields a fine, magical two handed blade with finesse and poise. The sunlight glints off his shining elven mithril that seems bound to the earth. His shoulder have two glowing blue pauldrons protecting him. He draws strength from within, the perfect agile fighter. He ripples, changing form into a feline humanoid, from the elf to the spirit of the leopord, still wearing his full armour and wielding his sword. You can see this will be a very hard fight.

Sheet:
http://www.dndonlinegames.com/profiler/view.php?id=13453

I start at 1,1. You start at 100,100.

Initiative: [roll0]

Pre-Combat: (Do not read)
Essentia: 4 into Healing soul, 1 into Azure Touch. I have shaped adamant pouldrons. HP [roll1] + [roll2]

Dante

Cadian 9th
2010-07-01, 10:41 PM
Sekrit Rolls:
HP: [roll0] and [roll1]

Initiative [roll2]

Dante

docnessuno
2010-07-02, 06:01 AM
Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=218956)

Hp is average

Initiative: [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-02, 07:25 PM
Okay, I go first.

Kiloren (thats his name) double moves up to 12,12. He shimmers and dark shadows shimmer around him as he moves, making him hard to see. End turn.

HP should be average, ok. Cool.

Don't read:
HP: 101; Used Child of Shadow Stance.

docnessuno
2010-07-03, 06:14 AM
Rubberwall (that's my name) mumbles something, drawing a spiked chain and standing still

Don't read:
Activating Antimagic field torque
Drawing the Adamantine spiked chain
AMF: 1100/1100 rounds

Cadian 9th
2010-07-03, 07:41 PM
Okay, Killoren, Invisble now, moves another 75 ft towards you (he was moving a little slower last turn) Charging!

Okay, so that's pounce + rake + 3 attacks! using 1 smite evil
Attack 1(smite): [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] for [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4] for [roll5]

These attacks have 15-20 critical. (the blade attacks) I forgot the +2 for invisibility.

Rake 1: [roll6] for [roll7]
Rake 2: [roll8] for [roll9]

Even on his charge, he shifts for defence. Your turn.

Dont read
Using Robilar's Gambit. Used Smite for the Day, full health, 50% fortification.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-03, 07:44 PM
Okay, Attack 1 crits: [roll0] for an extra [roll1]

I have concealment still.

docnessuno
2010-07-04, 01:13 AM
As you approach Rubberwall, you feel less powerful, welcome in an Antimagic field!

Despite of it, you hit him with multiple attack, but not a single scratch appears on his flesh.

Wielding his spiked chain, he strikes you:

Hit:[roll0] Dmg:[roll1]
Hit:[roll2] Dmg:[roll3]
Hit:[roll4] Dmg:[roll5]

Don't read:

AMF: 1099/1100 rounds

docnessuno
2010-07-04, 01:14 AM
For each hit save Fortitude DC 30 or be dazed one round

Cadian 9th
2010-07-04, 02:23 AM
Each hit is a miss. Further more, every hit you did gives me an AoO. Yet, Kiloren refrains, then smashes you back with a load of attacks!

Blade 1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Blade 2: [roll2] for [roll3]
Blade 3: [roll4] for [roll5]

He does something funny with his glowing shoulders.
Each hit crits on a 15+.

Wow, massive DR much! How did you evade all that damage, if everyone hit? Or are you actually somewhere else?

Don't read
5 pts of power attack. Robilars gambit in effect. Soulmelds remain, I think. Child of Shadow stance effects are negated. The stance remains.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-04, 02:25 AM
Another crit: [roll0] for a nice [roll1] damage. If you can absorb 250+ damage, I think'll step out. Well, not really, but I acknowledge that you are the Cheese Emperor.

Dante

docnessuno
2010-07-04, 11:02 AM
Mmm did you factor in AMF in your Hit / damage / AC? (no stat-boosting items, no magic armor, no magic weapon), also is the glowing shoulder thing EX? Else it's negated by AMF

Despide the deadly precision of the Killoren's attacks, Rubberwall is still unharmed, laughing at his opponent

Still your turn, i think

Edit: for more accuracy:
You feel your blows hitting me, but the blade fails to penetrate my flesh (Hit, 0 damage in)

Cadian 9th
2010-07-04, 07:15 PM
My glowy shoulders are incarnum, though I didn't realize AMF killed magic items. That means your magic items can't work either. how the heck are you abosorbing so much damage? Or are you converting my damage into an enrgy form and then being immune to it?

Well, if the magic items go away, I lose a 4 pts of attack and 6 points of damage. I lose 9 pts of AC. Good thing you're losing your magic too. I think my raw stats can carry the day, but you aren't taking any damage.

Wait, do you mean I'm not getting past your armour?

EDIT: It seems I was mistaken with a class feature. With your permission, I change some of my gear around to keep my AC the same and my Saves boosted by 2 pts. Basically, I swap a magic item directly for another. Is that ok?

Anyway, your turn.

docnessuno
2010-07-05, 04:48 AM
AMF kills Incarnum too, soulmelds are suppressed while iside it and you cannot reallocate essentia untill you leave (MoI 52)

And you are getting past my armor (considering 4 points of attack lost you missed with 1 rake attack so far)

Sunder time!

Rubberball strikes your weapon, trying to destroy it:
opposed attack roll: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-05, 07:14 PM
Oops, My rakes only lost 2 pts of attack.

Is it okay if I do the item swap?

Opposed attack roll: [roll0] (+4 for two handed weapon)

How are you doing 2d6? And how are you still alive If I'm hitting your for 250+ damage per turn?

docnessuno
2010-07-06, 06:22 AM
2d6 from large size
About the damage, you'll find out at the end of the challange
Your weapon suffers 38 dmg minus hardness, wich should be enough to shatter it.

Edit:
Ok with the item swap as long as it doesn't involve the weapon

Your turn

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 07:21 PM
Does a magic weapon's natural hardness make it more resilient or is that a magical effect?

Anyways, Kiloren snorts. He draws back for a massive strike with his claw!

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] Ignore hardness and DR.

Then he stays where he is. By the way, what's your alignment? My attacks are all good aligned and magical as well as dealing extra damage vs evil and even more vs evil outsiders. I also posses alot of different damage reductions as well as random defences.

docnessuno
2010-07-07, 11:39 AM
Rubberwall is Neutral, and not an outsider. also remember all non EX stuff is suppressed in AMF

Again your mighty blow fails to damage your opponent, despite hitting him. (so, no massive DR involved)

Rubberwall drops his weapon, striking you with his claws

To hit: [/roll]1d20+34[/roll]
To hit: [/roll]1d20+34[/roll]

docnessuno
2010-07-07, 11:42 AM
Ops

To hit: [roll0]
To hit: [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 07:29 PM
They hit. What damage type and how much damage?

Also, AOOs for me.
Attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Magical Chaotic Good Silver
Attack 1: [roll2] for [roll3] Same

Continue. :smallwink:

docnessuno
2010-07-08, 12:41 PM
Wow, they do?

Damage1: [roll0]
Damage2: [roll1]
Rend: [roll2]

2 free grapple checks if you are medium or smaller, thanks to improved grab

Grapple 1: [roll3]
Grapple 2: [roll4]

Grapple damage: [roll5] nonlethal

If the grapple gets in, i follow up with 2 rake attacks:

Rake1, Hit: [roll6], Dmg: [roll7]
Rake2, Hit: [roll8], Dmg: [roll9]

docnessuno
2010-07-08, 12:42 PM
Forgot: Slashing nonmagical damage

Also, from AMF and DR iteraction:

Damage reduction is extraordinary unless the weapon property that bypasses the damage reduction is “magic” (as in damage reduction #/magic) or one of the four alignment qualities (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful), in which case it is supernatural. Damage reduction that is bypassed by any other weapon quality that a manufactured weapon could not have without being magical also would be a supernatural special quality.

When a creature’s damage reduction entry has two or more elements, some extraordinary and some supernatural, only the supernatural elements go away inside an antimagic field. If a creature’s damage reduction entry has multiple parts separated by the word “and,” a weapon must have all those qualities to bypass the damage reduction. A creature such as a pit fiend, whose damage reduction is 15/good and silver, has damage reduction that’s difficult to bypass because the weapon must be both good and silver to overcome its damagereduction. Attacks from a creature with the good subtype would bypass a pit fiend’s damage reduction if the creature wielded a silver weapon. As a natural ability, such a creature’s attacks with natural or manufactured weaponry bypass damage reduction as good weapons. Otherwise, a silver weapon must also be magical and have the good quality to bypass the damage reduction. Inside an antimagic field, however, only the “silver” portion of the pit fiend damage reduction functions, so the pit fiend effectively has damage reduction 15/silver. Anyone wielding a silver weapon can bypass the pit fiend’s damage reduction inside an antimagic field. If the damage reduction entry has two or more elements separated by the word “or,” then an attack needs only one of those qualities to bypass the damage reduction. For example, a bearded devil’s damage reduction entry reads 5/silver or good, so any silver weapon or any good weapon can bypass the damage reduction. Inside an antimagic field, the “good” element in the damage reduction would still be suppressed, and a silver weapon still would bypass the damage reduction.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-08, 09:34 PM
Okay. I get the DR thing...

Damage, do not read.
81 damage taken. DR 5/silver stands.

Opposed Grapple checks:
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]

Quick Question: Change Shape itself is (Su). I'm not going to change shape, but does it cause me to revert to normal form? Since I'm not actually changing.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-08, 09:38 PM
Damage Taken:
Now 96, with 16 nonlethal. lolwtf.

damage total:
Fasthealed 7, so 69.

Killoren leaps back,,,
Jump check: [roll0]
And moves. Then touches his face, healing himself.

Healing 16 hp. So back to 45 damage taken + 16 nonlethal.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-08, 10:11 PM
Also, what type of creature are you? You haven't described anything about what you are. It would be fairer if I at least know what you look like. :smallwink:

Dante

docnessuno
2010-07-09, 07:57 AM
My bad :P

You are facing what seems to be a large troll, wearing a mithril breastplate, but there is something weird with it, his skin is scaly and darker than it should, and his claws and teeth seems much more deadly. A spiked chain lies on his feet, and another one is staped on his back.

Note that you are in a grapple, so you must escape before moving away.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-09, 07:20 PM
Um, I used the swift action maneouver to jump. It never says you have to escape grapple.

Lemme guess: Troll, (or variation of) with regeneration, and being immune to non-lethal damage?

If so. I roll an escape artist check: [roll0]. I guess that's me out.

Dante