PDA

View Full Version : help

Kurtmuran
2010-07-02, 12:10 AM
hello im a bit new here i have a question, one of my players wants to use an sublime marshal but i see it, too powerfull how i can supress or negate or limit the auras ?

DragonOfUndeath
2010-07-02, 01:01 AM
kill the marshal. its the only way to counter the aura permanently

Temotei
2010-07-02, 01:25 AM
You're DM, right? Say it is so, and it shall be so.

I hate saying that.

Kurtmuran
2010-07-02, 06:30 AM
damn XD i tink in some homebrew monster or class that counter the auras or supress or steal or an item nobody implemented yet?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-07-02, 06:47 AM
damn XD i tink in some homebrew monster or class that counter the auras or supress or steal or an item nobody implemented yet?

Nope.

The Sublime Marshal isn't really all that powerful. It's a solid Tier 3 o4 4 class, but it doesn't compare to many things out there. The auras are a nice little bonus, but that's it.

If you want to throw one or two aura-suppressing encounters (I wouldn't recommend more, or the player will get annoyed and think you're specifically trying to stop him from playing the character he wants to play), isolating the marshal where his allies can't hear or see him will do the trick. Silence and Darkness, or other tricks to get the Marshal out of line of sight and unable to be heard.

I don't recommend doing this more than once or twice in a campaign though. The Sublime Marshal is good, but not overpowered, and nerfing him every encounter will go poorly for your player happiness. If it's causing that much of a problem, just up the average power of the enemies you throw at your party. That said, it really shouldn't be that large a power bonus.

Kurtmuran
2010-07-02, 08:33 AM
Nope.

The Sublime Marshal isn't really all that powerful. It's a solid Tier 3 o4 4 class, but it doesn't compare to many things out there. The auras are a nice little bonus, but that's it.

If you want to throw one or two aura-suppressing encounters (I wouldn't recommend more, or the player will get annoyed and think you're specifically trying to stop him from playing the character he wants to play), isolating the marshal where his allies can't hear or see him will do the trick. Silence and Darkness, or other tricks to get the Marshal out of line of sight and unable to be heard.

I don't recommend doing this more than once or twice in a campaign though. The Sublime Marshal is good, but not overpowered, and nerfing him every encounter will go poorly for your player happiness. If it's causing that much of a problem, just up the average power of the enemies you throw at your party. That said, it really shouldn't be that large a power bonus.

i see pheraps the sublime marshal who he plays is a monstruosity its combined whit knight ( hestlad rule) and leadership feats so i want to moderate him a litle

elpollo
2010-07-02, 09:01 AM
Is the sublime Marshal different from the Marshal from the miniature's handbook?

Assuming you mean he's a gestalt Knight/Marshal then this is by no means the worst thing he could be doing. The ones to watch out for are the well played casters.

Leadership: just say no. It's a stupid feat - you get an extra character of your own level - 2 for a feat? There's a reason most people don't allow it. Also the whole load of other people too, but the cohort is the main issue. If you want people to have an army or stronghold then give them one - that's your prerogative as the DM, and if you want to do that why make them pay a feat for it? If you don't want them to do that then don't let them.

edit - ok, I've researched Sublime Marshal. Even with the Sublime version he should be fine.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-07-02, 09:20 AM
i see pheraps the sublime marshal who he plays is a monstruosity its combined whit knight ( hestlad rule) and leadership feats so i want to moderate him a litle

Are the rest of the party members Gestalt classes? If not, there's your problem. If they are, there's really not an issue except perhaps Leadership, in which case you should address the Leadership problem, not the class combination.

Knight + Sublime Marshal is an effective and flavorful Gestalt combo, but not overpowered in a Gestalt game by any means.

Kurtmuran
2010-07-02, 05:09 PM
Are the rest of the party members Gestalt classes? If not, there's your problem. If they are, there's really not an issue except perhaps Leadership, in which case you should address the Leadership problem, not the class combination.

Knight + Sublime Marshal is an effective and flavorful Gestalt combo, but not overpowered in a Gestalt game by any means.

yes maybe all clases be gestalt ( the adventure begins nex weekend) , and i see i supose to limit the access of the cohords and followers in the history of the adventure