PDA

View Full Version : Blade Weaver 3.5 (PEACH)

zenanarchist
2010-07-02, 01:50 AM
Blade Weaver

The Blade Weavers are an order of warriors that have based their entire lives on combat with blades. They mentally force their weapons into existence and with their purity of their minds decimate their foes. They have focused their existance on the art of Blade Weaving.

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

Class Skills:

Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) × 6

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

The Weavers’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Weapon and armour proficiencies: Weavers are proficient with Light and Medium armour, bladed weapons (but not blunt, ranged or exotic), and all shields except tower shields.

Blade Weaver
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Materialise Blades

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Mental Acuity

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Mind Force

4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Blade Dance

5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Bladed Shield, Extra Blade

6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Vortex of Blades

7th|+5|+2|+5|+5|Combine Blades

8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6|Double Strike

9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6|Split the Strike

10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7|Precision Strike, Extra Blade

11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7|Modified Blades

12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Blade Screen

13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8|Spinning Platform

14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9|Blade Awakening

15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9|Extra Blade

16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Field of Blades

17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10|Bladed Ally

18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11|Magnetic Mind

19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11|Sharpened Immunity

20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12|Blade War

[/table]

Materialise Blades (Ex)

At first level a Blade Weaver may materialise one blade. This increases to two at five, three at tenth and four at fifteenth. These blades spin in concentric circles around the weaver. They may strike at a foe anywhere up to 10ft per every second levels and begin as +1 weapon at first level, increasing to +2 every four levels to a maximum of +5 at 20th.

A singular blade is a 1d10 weapon that causes a critical on a 19-20 doing double damage.

The weaver may hold other items in his hands while these blades circle around his person, he does not need to concentrate to keep them spinning. He may, as a standard action, force them to spin faster, causing 2d6 damage per blade in a 10ft radius but he must concentrate on this effect. If he forces four blades to spin in this way, not only does he cause damage to those in the radius, but he also gains immunity to missiles and gains +5 AC.

A blade wielder may choose to strike with one or all of these weapons per round at the players own discretion. At level 5, they may also choose to strike with another hand held weapon once at their highest base attack bonus.

A weaver may, as a move action, suppress or initiate the Blades. Materialising a new blade (if the previous is sundered) is a full round action.

Mental acuity (Ex)

The weaver has developed a mental insight with his weapons, an almost symbiotic relationship. A blade weaver may apply his intelligence modifier to his attack bonus with all of his blades but not manufactured weapons.

Mind Force (Ex)

A weaver of third level may utilise his blades to manipulate the world (push open doors, lift lids, push buttons, pull levers) or manoeuvre objects (push or pull anything up to 30Ibs X ½ caster level) at up to a distance of 10ft per every second Blade Weaver class level with a range of 40ft. A blade Weaver may Bullrush, Trip or Sunder utilising the Blades, up to their total range increment, using their Intelligence modifier in place of the attribute normally used for determining success.

Blade Dance (Ex)

The Blade Weaver dances into a rhythm with his weapons, increasing his attack bonus and damage by +4 for three rounds 3/day, he may move during this dance up to double his normal movement range. Anyone he passes suffers additional +1d6 damage on top of the 2d6 damage they would usually suffer for passing through his field of blades.

Bladed Shield (Su)

If more than two blades are spinning around the Blade Weaver at any one time he gains Spell Resistance equal to the number of blades spinning times 5. If more than three blades are spinning the weaver gains a +3 bonus to AC, if four blades are spinning the weaver chooses an energy type and gains resistance to that element 10+ Weaver class levels. If the fourth blade should be destroyed he loses this resistance and may not gain it again for 24 hours. Suppression of the blades does not affect this. If the third should be destroyed his bonus to AC is lost and so on.

Vortex of Blades (Su)

The weaver forces the blades to move so fast that they cause an effect similar to a tornado, this buffets flying creatures and throws them 30ft in a random direction, and pushes back ground creatures 10ft per each point of intelligence modifier. This is a standard action to activate and lasts for as long as the Weaver concentrates on the effect. Creatures may choose to move against the wind, but at half their movement rate.

Combine Blades (Ex)

The Blade Weaver may converge his weapons into one large weapon or two smaller weapons. A large blade deals 2d8 damage and is a two handed +3 weapon. The two blades deal 1d10 each, are single handed +4 weapons. Three spinning blades are required to make the two handed version (utilising a full round action) and four spinning blades are required to make the two blades version (utilising a full round action).

Double Strike (Su)

Twice per day as a full attack action, the blade weaver may attack with all of his blades, then with pure mental force, throw the barrage again. (8 attacks at the highest level of this ability). No other action or movement may be utilised while using this ability.

Split the Strike (Ex)

A blade weaver may direct his blades at different foes, even if they are at different ranges. He may direct these attacks however he sees fit (four on one creature, two on two creatures, four on four creatures etc etc). He may not make an attack with a hand held weapon while utilising this ability.

Precision Strike (Ex)

The Blade Weaver, an agile and fearsome tactician, decides the right time, place and point to strike. Any time a Blade Weaver strikes an opponent who is denied their dexterity bonus or flat footed, they may choose to full attack with their blades (potentially 4d10 at a minimum) and then double this damage.

Modified Blades (Ex)

As the Blade Weaver travels, he notices different elements and functions of minerals and applies these to his weapons, improving them exponentially. At this level the weaver’s blades become Silver, Cold Iron, aligned weapons. As a full round action the weaver may designate which alignment he desires them to be. However if the weaver is good, he may not choose evil, if he is evil he may not choose good, if he is neutral he may choose either.

Blade Screen (Su)

At this level the weaver forces his blades to spin so incredibly quick that they actually begin to obscure sight and sound. The weaver gains 50% concealment as long as he focuses and also gains a +5 bonus to Hide and Move Silently. He must use all of his available blades to create this effect.

Spinning Platform (Su)

At this level a weaver may use three of his blades to create a perpetually spinning platform, that allows him to step on and fly. The weaver has complete control of this platform and may attack with his fourth blade or a hand held weapon if he so chooses. He gains a fly speed of 40ft (good), but may not turn upside down. It is a full round action for the weaver to make his blades recover his falling body.

Blade Awakening (Ex)

The Blades, gaining more focus from a greater mental link with their user, begin to recognise danger and whenever a hostile individual enters a 15ft radius centred on the weaver, two blades immediately strike at the intruder causing 2d10+Int Modifier damage. This does not use an action. This is always in effect and may not be utilised whenever all the blade weavers blades are being used.

Field of Blades (Su)

The weaver sends out an intricate pattern of blades in a 40ft radius. These blades cause 6d10 damage to all hostile enemies within this radius and also hamper movement due to the low altitude they are thrown out at. All hostile creatures move at half their base movement rate. Casting in a field of blades is done with a 25% per round cumulative spell failure chance. It is a standard action to activate field of blades and they last for 4 rounds.

Bladed Ally (Su)

The weaver has become adept at defending his party with his blades. Three times per day, a blade weaver who makes his reflex save (DC30-Weaver Class levels-Int Modifier) may will one of his blades to take all damage from one ally within 30ft of his person.

Magnetic Mind (Su)

The weaver has the ability to slightly manipulate steel and magnetic materials. He may, as a standard action attempt to disarm any steel or magnetic object from an opponent up to a range of 30ft unless they make a reflex save (DC10+Weaver class levels+Int modifier) to retain their grip. He may also manoeuvre 10Ibs of metal x weaver class levels up to a range of 10ft per ½ weaver class levels. He may not use this ability to cause damage.

Sharpened Immunity (Ex)

Due to constantly being surrounded by razor sharp weapons and with years of practice taking cut after cut after cut, the Blade Weaver becomes completely immune to slashing damage. He also only takes half damage off of piercing attacks, due to his skin developing a natural hardness.

Blade War (Su)

Twice per day for 1d6 rounds the weaver may double his blades. When he does this he gains +5 to all strikes with the weapons both in damage and attack bonus. Similar to this all bonuses off of blade abilities double (AC/Concealment/Attack). Finally, all within a 50ft radius except the Blade Weavers allies take 15d10 damage (Reflex save for half (DC10+Weaver class levels+Int Modifier)

Author Note: This class is missing a little fluff and has some minor wording/clarification issues. Needed to get it up asap to use in a game I'm about to start. I'll head up any suggestions on Monday though, so keep it coming

Lix Lorn
2010-07-02, 08:47 AM
I like it!
Most of my things will be technicalities; I'm not good on balance.

I think the convention is to put the hit die as 'd8', not as '1d8', as technically this means you only get one hit die. Ever.

Also, everything up to and including the skill points is normally before the table.

Oh, and a little more fluff would be nice. XD

And, it's much easier if you put the level something is gained in the ability description as well as the table.

For the weapon proficiencies, why not just say all simple and martial slashing weapons? Maybe piercing too?

This increases to two at five, three at tenth and four at fifteenth.
You might want to say 'two at fifth level, three at tenth and four at fifteenth' just for the clarity.

You keep saying intellect bonus. Do you mean Intelligence Modifier?

It might be easier to just say 'these weapons count as longswords (or some other weapon, I used longswords as an example), but use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Strength modifier for damage rolls.
If you do, specify they count as one handed, and never off handed.

Also, can you use Weapon Finesse with them? What happens if you do?

I see you don't get Intelligence to attack rolls until 2nd level. Why? What do you use? Nothing?

Why not use Mind Force as an SLA? Mage Hand, possibly?

Wait, why do blades grant spell resistance? A bonus to saves, maybe, but spell resistance? :smallconfused: Why?

A large blade deals 2d8 damage and is a two handed +3 weapon. The two blades deal 1d10 each, are single handed +4 weapons.
Always? What if you're at 20th level and already have +5 weapons?

With Double Strike, why make it a flat twice per day? It's nice to have things scale; why not once per day per 6 levels?

Precision Strike seems very strong to me... but I might be wrong there. Also, shouldn't it say (A potential 4d10 damage, at minimum)? The syntax jsut seems off to me.

However if the weaver is good, he may not choose evil, if he is evil he may not choose good, if he is neutral he may choose either.
Why not just say 'He can only align a weapon to an alignment that does not oppose his own on either axis.'
(Also, you leave out law and chaos. Poor show.)

All the different uses for the blades are confusing. You might want to specify in the very first ability how many blades each ability uses.

Bladed Ally is.. poorly worded. Who gets a reflex save? What can he protect them from? Huh? Confusing.

Magnetic Mind is... well, either very good or very bad. I think. How often can you use it? What action is it?
Also, I think the custom for DCs is 10+ HALF class levels/hit die + relevant modifier.

Sharpened Immunity is sudden, a little odd and possibly quite strong.
I mean, no other class gets it, even the level 20 fighter dual wielding longswords who has been taken to -9 hp by slashing weapons 965 times. It's just... you don't GET immune to cuts from being cut a lot.

Make Blade War scale. I know it's 20th level, but what if someone's epic? Once per day per 10 levels. Is the 15d10 damage per round? (make that scale too if you can. XD 3d10/four levels?
Are the attack/damage bonuses stackable with the ones you already get? What type of bonus are they?

I quite like the idea, but... it could do with some work, methinks.

PersonMan
2010-07-02, 09:29 AM
I think the convention is to put the hit die as 'd8', not as '1d8', as technically this means you only get one hit die. Ever.

I know why this happened. He used the same formatting thing I did, which reduces the time spent on making tables a lot-but it also lists hit dice as '1dX' instead of 'dX'.

zenanarchist
2010-07-02, 04:56 PM
I like it!
Most of my things will be technicalities; I'm not good on balance.

Also, everything up to and including the skill points is normally before the table.

Oh, and a little more fluff would be nice. XD

And, it's much easier if you put the level something is gained in the ability description as well as the table.

For the weapon proficiencies, why not just say all simple and martial slashing weapons? Maybe piercing too?

You might want to say 'two at fifth level, three at tenth and four at fifteenth' just for the clarity.

You keep saying intellect bonus. Do you mean Intelligence Modifier?

It might be easier to just say 'these weapons count as longswords (or some other weapon, I used longswords as an example), but use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Strength modifier for damage rolls.
If you do, specify they count as one handed, and never off handed.

Also, can you use Weapon Finesse with them? What happens if you do?

I see you don't get Intelligence to attack rolls until 2nd level. Why? What do you use? Nothing?

Why not use Mind Force as an SLA? Mage Hand, possibly?

Wait, why do blades grant spell resistance? A bonus to saves, maybe, but spell resistance? :smallconfused: Why?

Always? What if you're at 20th level and already have +5 weapons?

With Double Strike, why make it a flat twice per day? It's nice to have things scale; why not once per day per 6 levels?

Precision Strike seems very strong to me... but I might be wrong there. Also, shouldn't it say (A potential 4d10 damage, at minimum)? The syntax jsut seems off to me.

Why not just say 'He can only align a weapon to an alignment that does not oppose his own on either axis.'
(Also, you leave out law and chaos. Poor show.)

All the different uses for the blades are confusing. You might want to specify in the very first ability how many blades each ability uses.

Bladed Ally is.. poorly worded. Who gets a reflex save? What can he protect them from? Huh? Confusing.

Magnetic Mind is... well, either very good or very bad. I think. How often can you use it? What action is it?
Also, I think the custom for DCs is 10+ HALF class levels/hit die + relevant modifier.

Sharpened Immunity is sudden, a little odd and possibly quite strong.
I mean, no other class gets it, even the level 20 fighter dual wielding longswords who has been taken to -9 hp by slashing weapons 965 times. It's just... you don't GET immune to cuts from being cut a lot.

Make Blade War scale. I know it's 20th level, but what if someone's epic? Once per day per 10 levels. Is the 15d10 damage per round? (make that scale too if you can. XD 3d10/four levels?
Are the attack/damage bonuses stackable with the ones you already get? What type of bonus are they?

I quite like the idea, but... it could do with some work, methinks.

You're right. There's a lot of technical stuff there....I'll have to implement those suggestions when I'm back at work and my space bar is working. lol. Hmmm sharpened immunity I want to keep. Is there any way I can implement it? The magnetic ability I'll re word. Also fighters who've taken 965 cuts can't compare to someone who's taken over a million. lol this guys constantly surrounded by whirling blades. Thanks for the review. I'll insert as many of your changes as I can

I know why this happened. He used the same formatting thing I did, which reduces the time spent on making tables a lot-but it also lists hit dice as '1dX' instead of 'dX'.

Correct!

Temotei
2010-07-02, 07:18 PM
when I'm back at work and my space bar is working.

You could copy a space and paste it whenever you need it.

zenanarchist
2010-07-02, 07:36 PM
You could copy a space and paste it whenever you need it.

You're a freakin genius....That wasn't even sarcastic.

Temotei
2010-07-02, 07:37 PM
You're a freakin genius....That wasn't even sarcastic.

I used to do that at school when I got stuck with the one computer with the broken space bar. They fixed it, though. :smallamused:

Watch for critique in this post.

zenanarchist
2010-07-03, 12:22 AM
I used to do that at school when I got stuck with the one computer with the broken space bar. They fixed it, though. :smallamused:

Watch for critique in this post.

Shall do!!

dargo83
2010-08-12, 12:14 AM
at what attack bounse besides the int bounes can they attack at the pcs bab and if so could the pc take multi weapon feats to get more attacks a round

Lev
2010-08-12, 01:55 AM
So basically this is a soulknife variant except mixed with magneto, right?
Well no, because you can only use "blades".

But what if, and bear with me, you didn't have to use just blades but instead could materialize any weapon and then just limit it by weight capacity?

That way you could have a few small weapons or perhaps just one weapon of larger size though with larger weapons you could just take the neg to attack roll penalty without being able to use monkey grip and instead make it a class feature to improve weapon size once at level 10 and another time at level 20?

You could use shields around you blocking you from a few angles and bashing people who got close, you could have chains coiling and spinning around, you could have multiple slivers of metal that you could shoot at foes like a mental railgun, ect?

zenanarchist
2010-08-13, 12:52 AM
at what attack bounse besides the int bounes can they attack at the pcs bab and if so could the pc take multi weapon feats to get more attacks a round

I would say no. That is horribly abuseable, I'll have to mention that.

So basically this is a soulknife variant except mixed with magneto, right?
Well no, because you can only use "blades".

But what if, and bear with me, you didn't have to use just blades but instead could materialize any weapon and then just limit it by weight capacity?

That way you could have a few small weapons or perhaps just one weapon of larger size though with larger weapons you could just take the neg to attack roll penalty without being able to use monkey grip and instead make it a class feature to improve weapon size once at level 10 and another time at level 20?

You could use shields around you blocking you from a few angles and bashing people who got close, you could have chains coiling and spinning around, you could have multiple slivers of metal that you could shoot at foes like a mental railgun, ect?

*grins* friend, you are stepping on the feet of my Technopath. Let's not go there. You'll see the Technopath design from me in the next month or so after I've finished my Biomancer.