PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior Campaign?

Corporate M
2010-07-02, 05:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior

I'm surprised noone's thought of this. Especially with all the homebrew I see going on for Tome of Battle! Why not compose all that homebrew, and have a tome of battle game where different types of fighters band together to stop a common evil? (Maybe even the common evil be another band of fighters!)

I'd like to think I'd be befitting of a spartan, but my wife says I sound much more inclined to fight like a mobster... Specially when she watches me play Halo, TF2, etc... lol!

Corporate M
2010-07-02, 07:47 PM
I'm surprised this didn't get any notice. Is it that bad of an idea? Noone wants to see pirates vs samurai? (And they thought ninja were dishonorable...) Knights vs mobsters? (Would those barrel machine guns be able to penetrate their full plate?)

Boci
2010-07-02, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure it has been done. Its a solid template for an all martial game.

erikun
2010-07-02, 08:38 PM
I would think that Iron Heroes would work better.

Beyond that... Eh? It sounds like you're recommending an all-martial campaign, or perhaps an all-martial PvP tournament. I am quite sure there are Iron Heroes games happening, so I'm sure it's been done before. I don't know if anyone has taken the "warriors throughout history thrown together in a deathmatch arena" as a specific campaign, although I've heard of similar.

Your second post is a bit more confusing. How are you going to determine if a machine gun can pierce full plate within the rules of the game? That's kind of something you need to know first, in order to model it inside the game system to begin with.