PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear

Octopus Jack
2010-07-02, 12:04 PM
Well after a brief search of the forums I have found that no gaming thread for the Metal Gear series exists, which is a crime, So this glorious thread has been created so those who play the games can discuss them and bask in their enlightnened gaming state. :smalltongue:

So anyway players of Metal Gear, (if there are any) best game? Where to go after peace walker and rising? What thoughts on the Ending of MGS4? So many questions to be asked, discussed, answered...

If there is already a thread for this please direct me to it then execute me for my incompetence :smallsmile:

Comet
2010-07-02, 12:34 PM
Soon as my current work project is over (in about two weeks, if I'm lucky) I'm going to be getting my hands on a PSP.
Then it's Peace Walker time. I've been hearing a lot of good things about that game, so I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed.
Now, if I could only get a free PS3 somewhere and actually play MGS 4. One day, one day.

Octopus Jack
2010-07-02, 01:11 PM
I finish peacewalker this afternoon, very good game, it's like portable opps done right. :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-02, 01:12 PM
I'm sad I can't play the awesome-looking game on Xbox 360 with Raiden. The name of which I totally forgot.

Forbiddenwar
2010-07-02, 02:06 PM
I'm sad I can't play the awesome-looking game on Xbox 360 with Raiden. The name of which I totally forgot.

Raiden? Whose Raiden? Metal Gear has no Raiden characters. Never has and never will.

On another note, isn't it a shame they never made Metal Gear Solid 2. I saw some great teasers for it, but then it just disappeared.at least, wouldn't it be great if this was true?

chiasaur11
2010-07-02, 02:08 PM
Metal Gear?

(Sorry)

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-02, 02:09 PM
Raiden? Whose Raiden? Metal Gear has no Raiden characters. Never has and never will.

On another note, isn't it a shame they never made Metal Gear Solid 2. I saw some great teasers for it, but then it just disappeared.at least, wouldn't it be great if this was true?

Hey, Raiden is my second favorite MGS character!

Right after Naomi Hunter, whose voice is pretty much the only reason I like her... but damn if it isn't a good reason.

Octopus Jack
2010-07-02, 02:33 PM

Yeah but they did release that bit with Snake on the tanker but nothing else, luckily some of it is explained by that ninja in 4 but that little game they called 2 they should've just merged with another game. MGS3 is my favorite in the series

Triaxx
2010-07-02, 03:05 PM
Metal Gear on the NES is the best game. No contest. :P

Mando Knight
2010-07-02, 03:05 PM

Sure they did. The lightning-blade badass cyborg ninja from 4? He gets his own game now, y'know. Never found out what happened to that whiny Snake-wannabe from before, though... :smallwink:

Blayze
2010-07-07, 11:23 AM
Rather than play through the whole series of games, I Wiki'ed the plot of everything up to but not including 4.

I think I'm ready to play the game that should explain what I can remember of playing MGS 1 and 2.