PDA

View Full Version : Elan resilience

TIPOT
2010-07-02, 01:39 PM
Elan Resistance and Resilience both require an immediate action to use

Can an Elan activate resilience after they have found how much damage they have taken? or do they need to use it before damage is rolled? or do they need to use it before the attack roll is rolled?

Also can an Elan activate their resistance ability once they have rolled their saving throw and add the bonus to it depending on whether or not they have failed?

Thanks in advance

Alleine
2010-07-02, 01:54 PM
Based on the nature of how actions are resolved, I'm pretty sure that you cannot activate them after the fact. The wording of resilience states that you reduce the damage you are about to take. If the damage is rolled you've already taken it. You can, however, activate right after the attack itself is resolved. Meaning you can activate it once you realize its a successful hit. Same goes for Resistance. Probably. I could be wrong.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-07-02, 02:00 PM
Alleine is correct.

Doc Roc
2010-07-02, 02:20 PM
You may also want improved Elan Resilience.

Prodan
2010-07-02, 02:21 PM
Based on the nature of how actions are resolved, I'm pretty sure that you cannot activate them after the fact. The wording of resilience states that you reduce the damage you are about to take. If the damage is rolled you've already taken it. You can, however, activate right after the attack itself is resolved. Meaning you can activate it once you realize its a successful hit. Same goes for Resistance. Probably. I could be wrong.

Finally, a use for Mosquito Bite.

Knaight
2010-07-02, 03:04 PM
It already has a bunch of uses. Most of them involving shanking people in the middle of crowds.

Optimystik
2010-07-02, 03:28 PM
You may also want improved Elan Resilience.

And if Untapped Potential is allowed, definitely get Aberrant Manifesting (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/elan-psion#AM) from the Elan Psion racial sub, so you can activate Resilience "for free."