PDA

View Full Version : Two stances at once?

molten_dragon
2010-07-02, 02:05 PM
If you're playing a character that has levels in two different ToB classes, can you be in two stances at the same time, one from each class? I can't really find a rule that says one way or the other.

Actually, for that matter, I can't find anywhere where it says you can't be in more than one stance at a time as a single ToB class, except in a roundabout way (the fact that being in two stances at once is a warblade's capstone maneuver).

Ernir
2010-07-02, 02:10 PM
If you're playing a character that has levels in two different ToB classes, can you be in two stances at the same time, one from each class? I can't really find a rule that says one way or the other.

Nope, only one stance at a time, unless you have the Warblade capstone.

ToB 38:
You initiate a stance as a swift action. A stance remains in effect indefinitely and is not expended. You enjoy the benefit your stance confers until you change to another stance you know as a swift action.

Initiating a stance means not "enjoying the benefit" of any stance you may have initiated previously.

2xMachina
2010-07-02, 02:16 PM
Other option is Warblade 20. 2 stances at once.

Prodan
2010-07-02, 02:18 PM
Master of the Nine lets you do it for a limited number of rounds per day.

CubeB
2010-07-02, 02:18 PM
The Warblade Capstone and the Master of Nine PrC lets you assume two stances at once.

But the Master of Nine PrC has a time limit on how long you can stack stances.