PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dragonfire Adapt with 1st level Factotum

TreefolkTrample
2010-07-02, 03:49 PM
Hey all. I'm looking at building a level 6 Dragonfire Adapt that is good at hiding, a general skill monkey, and that can hurt the enemy decently. I had a friend recommend taking a 1st level in Factotum with Able Learner (all previous class skills stay class skills or something along those lines) and then moving into Dragonfire Adapt for the rest.
I'm very inexperienced at this and would need some major help in this. Thank you!

Draz74
2010-07-02, 03:52 PM
I give you the Dragonfire Adept Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870954/The_New_Dragonfire_Adept_Handbook!). It's got some tips for stealth in there, but they may be cheesier than you wanted.

The Factotum dip is a nice simple way, though.

Other than stealth and trapfinding, the DFA actually has a surprising number of useful skillmonkey skills in-class without having to use any tricks at all.

Keld Denar
2010-07-02, 04:02 PM
DFAs also get a number of low level Invocations that give near permanent buffs to different skill groups. Beguiling Voice gives +6 to several social skills, while another (forgot) gives a +6 to all knowledges. There are probably a couple others between CArcane, CMage, and Dragon Magic that do as well.

Honestly, I'd stick to straight DFA. DFA is pretty awesome all the way through. Getting more metabreath abilities, more invocations, and more breath dice earlier is very nice.

Thats my opinion.