PDA

View Full Version : My homebrew world (4e)

Blazen
2010-07-02, 04:12 PM
Im making a homebrew campaign that I'll be running. It takes place in my own world called Elencia (name subject to change).

This includes my house rules presented here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156844

History:
Tensions are high between Fey and Primordials. With strong debates over the superior magic users.
This came to a head 100 years ago when a great war broke out between the 2 sides. The Elves, Eladrin, and Drow led the battle against The Genasi, and Chromen (homebrew race). The fey won over many of the natural races on their sides such as the halflings, orcs, and goblins. However, the primordials managed to recruit the elementals, chromatic and storm dragons to aid them. Humans split between sides, and the dwarves chose to avoid the battle. The fey controlled greater numbers, but the primordials ruled in sheer fire power.
One battle grew so fierce that it destroyed everything within 25 miles of it. The area became known as the Chaos crater, the magical energies in it prevent any living thing to enter it
Eventually a group of individuals from all races came together and formed the Mercenarius council. Together they managed to put a stop to the fighting.
The Mercenarius council is now the capital and one of the largest cities of the world. It allows each city, and state to act in their own ways, and only intervenes to prevent wars. This has lead to many states keeping hold of prejudices of the past. To the point of either banning fey/primordials, or even enslaving them. The Mercenarius council also manages the forming of adventuring companies. When an individual or group wishes to form an adventuring company and embark on quests they often go through the Mercenarius council, since the council receives the majority of the quests. The MC does have guidelines laid down on the groups who choose to join it though. Such as no strong discrimination towards particular races, no owning of slaves, and no overtly evil acts.
Further information concerning the war, and the role of the MC will be discovered as the players play through the game.

Background: Standard background benefits are banned, and regional backgrounds from previous materials are not allowed. Instead all characters receive a +2 bonus to checks pertaining to their class, race, and region. No character may select the MC as their starting region.

Weapon: One new weapon:
Superior one-handed

Lance +2 1d10 Spear Versatile, Reach

Feat:

Heroic:

2-handed defense:
A character wielding a 2 handed melee weapon gains a +2 bonus to AC. If the character is wielding a versatile weapon in 2 hands, he or she gains a +1 bonus to AC. A Small character wielding a small 2 handed melee weapon gains a +2 bonus to AC. If the small character is wielding a small versatile weapon in 2 hands, he or she gains a +1 bonus to AC. This feat may not stack with 2 weapon defense.

Aasimar

Racial Traits
Average Height: 5'7” - 6'2”
Average Weight: 130 – 225 lbs

Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Int, or Cha
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-Light

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skills: +2 Religion, +2 one other
Immortal Origin: You are treated as an immortal creature for the purpose of effects.
Radiant touched: You have resist radiant 5 + ½ your level.
Lightburst: You have the lightburst racial encounter power

Lightburst:
You shine a burst of bright daylight on all your foes.
Encounter * Radiant
Minor Action Close Burst 1
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Int + 2 vs Fort, Cha +2 Vs Fort, or Wis + 2 Vs Fort (+4 at level 11, +6 at level 21)
Special: You have +2 to the attack against any creature vulnerable to sunlight.
Hit: The creature is blinded until the end of it's next turn. If a creature vulnerable to sunlight is hit by this attack it takes damage equal to you int, wis, or cha score.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn you and all squares adjacent to you are brightly lit, and all other squares within 3 of you are dimly lit.
Special: Select Int, Cha, or Wis when you first gain this power.

There is still more to be added, including a 4e version of Aasimar. All constructive criticism accepted.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-02, 05:18 PM
I haven't actually read it yet but before I do so I want to say how glad I am someone besides me likes 4.0! :biggrin:

There is still more to be added, including a 4e version of Aasimar.I have it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153283) (I made it a while ago).

Blazen
2010-07-02, 06:02 PM
I like your Aasimar, but Im thinking Ill use my own since it is pretty different, and I don't like the idea of giving supernal as a starting language.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-02, 08:37 PM
I don't like the idea of giving supernal as a starting language.

That doesn't mean you can't use my Aasimar, just change that aspect.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-02, 08:39 PM
I like your idea of the Chaos crater.
I think it should be home to warped horrors twisted by fey and primordial magic, complete with sprawling dungeon caves of spellwarped crystal and unstable rifts to other planes torn open by the ray arcana of the war and stuff like that.

Blazen
2010-07-02, 09:38 PM
I posted my own Aasimar, although depending on how well it works I may just use yours with some modifications.
About the Chaos Crater. I intend to fill it with plenty of nasty surprises. It won't be an easy place to get to, or stay in. I've got some really pretty baddies thought up for it.

Blazen
2010-07-03, 06:08 PM
One quick question about the lance that I made under weapon. Would it be too much to give it the polearm group along with spear? I was thinking that it might be too much, but it is a superior weapon.

deathali'helper
2010-07-04, 12:01 AM
My main problems are with the lance,
1)youll need to add weight,
2)Since lances are only realy used on horseback, and only realy usefull on horse back, you should add a sidenote on that.
3)Lances are no use if your standing still.
Thats all, i know what you guys are gonna say, that im way to picky bout it, but I kinda have a thing for medeval warfair. And now that were on the subject of lances, im gonna see if i can make a Knight class, or path for a fighter

deathali'helper
2010-07-04, 12:06 AM
Try something like this,

Lance; 8 lb. Superior 1 handed +3 proficiency
1d12 damage. Note: This weapon can only be used while charging on horseback

Blazen
2010-07-04, 12:14 AM
The main thing about Lances isn't the name, but rather the addition of a 1 handed reach weapon, which 4e is lacking at the moment with the exception of whips. So I guess my main goal is a 1 handed reach spear, know of anything that fits that?

deathali'helper
2010-07-04, 10:12 AM
Longspear?:smallwink::smallconfused:

deathali'helper
2010-07-04, 10:13 AM
Longspear?:smallwink:

Blazen
2010-07-04, 02:15 PM
well, this is meant to be a one handed superior weapon form of the longspear.

deathali'helper
2010-07-12, 10:44 PM
try a pike