PDA

View Full Version : Archon 34: Midwest Gitp Unite!

CMOTDibbler
2010-07-02, 11:26 PM
I figured I'd make this thread early, because last time I procrastinated until a week before. For those that don't know, Archon is a SciFi-Fantasy convention here in Missouri. Its October 1st-3rd, and Righty and I are going at least one day. I'm going as Kisuke Urahara(Bleach) and Righty is going as the Scout(TF2). Anyone else planning on going? Oh, and here's the website (http://www.archonstl.org/34/).

The Librarian
2010-07-03, 07:23 PM
I had heard that last year, one or two people had gone to Archon last year. Me and CMOT would be greatly pleased if anyone else could join us this year at Archon:smallsmile:

wxdruid
2010-07-03, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure yet if I'll go or not. Depends on work and if I remember...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-04, 12:50 AM
If I could afford it, I would go. Probably as Freakazoid. Maybe.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-07-04, 09:54 AM
Depending on my funds at the time, and job (since I'll have just recently finished up Pharm Tech school), I may go. Its not so far from Tulsa, I don't think.

Philistine
2010-07-04, 01:10 PM
Should be a straight shot up I-44 for you, 5-6 hours (without looking at a map).

The Librarian
2010-07-12, 12:19 AM
So we have 4 potential GITP's that could go.:smallsmile: Sounds like this could be a party. Still need more people though.:smallfrown:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-13, 12:11 AM
Sadly, October is very busy for us this year. I'm already committed to travelling the two weekends following that. I think three weekends in a row would do me in. :smallcool:

I fully support and encourage con meetups, though. They haven't failed me yet. :smallwink:

Mando Knight
2010-07-13, 12:13 AM
Should be a straight shot up I-44 for you, 5-6 hours (without looking at a map).

And you'll pass by Rolla. Which is where I go to school at...

The Librarian
2010-07-19, 10:22 AM
Wow, Mando you live pretty close to me and CMOT then.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-07-19, 03:37 PM
And you'll pass by Rolla. Which is where I go to school at...

You want I should pick you up, vod?

Mando Knight
2010-07-23, 12:41 AM
Could help... though of course the details would have to be hammered out closer to the date.

The Librarian
2010-08-04, 05:49 PM
Two more months till Archon. It sounds like we may have 5+ GITP people heading there. Anyone else wanna get in on this?

MartytheBioGuy
2010-08-04, 05:53 PM
It sounds like a ton of fun, but October is busy for me, too. A play (or 2) to practice for and such.

Sorry!

CMOTDibbler
2010-08-05, 01:11 AM
Hey, so many people! I think there was only one Gitp person besides Righty and I last year, so this should be awesome!

wxdruid
2010-08-05, 02:23 PM
I tend to forget about it, or end up having to work. I live on the IL side of St Louis.

ghost_warlock
2010-08-06, 03:55 PM
Heh. I'd consider it...but I'm supposed to be at the Kansas City ren faire that weekend. :smallsigh:

The Librarian
2010-08-06, 04:52 PM
NO! Archon demands you skip the Ren. Faire!:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

LoL, no its cool, have fun. I love going to my local Ren. Faire. Heh, heh, *pokes CMOT.*

ghost_warlock
2010-08-06, 04:59 PM
Considering I haven't been to one since....1996...it should be interesting, yes. :smalltongue:

CMOTDibbler
2010-08-07, 08:05 AM
Considering I haven't been to one since....1996...it should be interesting, yes. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I'll proably be at the KC Ren. Faire for a weekend too. Do you just go for fun?

ghost_warlock
2010-08-07, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I'll proably be at the KC Ren. Faire for a weekend too. Do you just go for fun?

Yep, just going to see some sights and have some lolz; I'm not involved in any official capacity.

Not sure the acquaintance who originally invited me is even going to be able to go, now, but planning on making the trek anyway. :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-08-07, 10:09 AM
Heh. I'd consider it...but I'm supposed to be at the Kansas City ren faire that weekend. :smallsigh:

v.v
B-b-but UNCLE GHOSTTTTTTT :smallfrown:

Have fun anyways :smallsmile:

The Librarian
2010-08-07, 02:41 PM
Okay, do we have anyone else who may even be thinking about going to Archon this year?

ghost_warlock
2010-08-07, 04:20 PM
v.v
B-b-but UNCLE GHOSTTTTTTT :smallfrown:

Have fun anyways :smallsmile:

I know...I'm sorry. If nothing else, I probably should've said something about attending the ren faire a while ago, but it's never been exactly a sure thing that I'd even be able to go (still isn't) so I didn't want to blab it all over the blagosphere. :smallsigh:

If only I could be in two places at once...

CMOTDibbler
2010-08-08, 07:43 AM
Yep, just going to see some sights and have some lolz; I'm not involved in any official capacity.

Not sure the acquaintance who originally invited me is even going to be able to go, now, but planning on making the trek anyway. :smallsmile:

Cool, cool. I work at the one closest to me, in Wentsville. It's volunteer, so I find it kinda funny that the guys at KC get paid to dress up and act like someone else when plenty of people do it for free.

The Librarian
2010-08-10, 12:10 PM
Okay so here is the list so far. Remember there's still time to sign up. Webpage for Archon is on first post.

GITP Person|Going to Archon
Righty| Yes
CMOTDibbler| Yes
wxdruid| Maybe
KerfuffleMach2| Maybe
RabbitHoleLost| Likely? :smallconfused:
Philistine| Maybe
Mando Knight| ?

The Librarian
2010-08-30, 03:25 PM
Ladies, and Gentlemen...

We now have just 31 days remaining until the launch of Archon. I thought I would try to notify the people interested, that as of now myself and CMOT are working on finding a location where everyone may rendezvous for Archon.

That said I liked to know who definitely thinks/knows they are going to Archon 34.

I patiently await your responses.:smallamused:

wxdruid
2010-08-30, 11:22 PM
Turns out I'll be on Convalescent Leave during that time, so it'll depend on how my shoulder is feeling and if I remember.

Remembering will be the hard part since I'm a forgetful person. :smalltongue:

The Librarian
2010-09-22, 10:16 PM
Okay, this is my final post regarding the Archon Convention. I would assume at this point that anyone who may be going is prepared. To anyone who does come, myself and CMOT hope to see you there.

If you can't make it, all I can say is that we look forward to seeing you next year, when we'll have even better preparation for this kind of thing. I really don't know what exactly me and CMOT are going for here, but with some more thought put into it we may be able to do something fairly interested.

More to come I guess...

((Note: This thread is probably pasted its expiration. Sorry if its closed when you get to it.:smallfrown:))

Mando Knight
2010-09-22, 10:49 PM
It's not officially expired yet. 8/30 is less than six weeks before 9/22.

I'm not going this year... I didn't prepare enough, and $50 for one weekend is a bit much if you're only doing it half-heartedly.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-09-23, 10:08 PM
I'm not going this year... I didn't prepare enough, and $50 for one weekend is a bit much if you're only doing it half-heartedly.

This, pretty much.
I'd only be going for the meetup, and, well, doesn't seem like there's going to be much of one happening :smallfrown:

Mando Knight
2010-09-24, 11:51 AM
Maybe next year...

...I might also (possibly) have a decent costume next year. Which is almost half the point of going to these things: to do geeky stuff in geeky costumes with a thousand people doing the same thing all around you, so you're normal rather than weird. :smalltongue:

Now, I don't currently have the resources for making beskar'gam, but something simpler like a badass longcoat character would be good... like Lance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPnGksMFtA) or Seto Kaiba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdJFK0UZEM)...

The Librarian
2010-09-24, 11:52 AM
I think bottom line, we'll think of something to actually do at the meetup next year. I guess this was just a bit of an experiment to see who would like to go, and who lived within a relative vicinity of the event.

Oh well, next year. I guess.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-09-24, 10:31 PM
Maybe next year...

...I might also (possibly) have a decent costume next year. Which is almost half the point of going to these things: to do geeky stuff in geeky costumes with a thousand people doing the same thing all around you, so you're normal rather than weird. :smalltongue:

Now, I don't currently have the resources for making beskar'gam, but something simpler like a badass longcoat character would be good... like Lance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPnGksMFtA) or Seto Kaiba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdJFK0UZEM)...

I can't wait til I can afford beskar'gam v.v

But I DO have two cosplay costumes (Sailor Mars and Kagome) and I'm working on two more (Julia from Cowboy Bebop and Lady Gaga. As you can tell, I work around wigs...)

You all could come for Tulsa Tokyo In Tulsa or Defcon next year :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2010-10-01, 10:12 AM
So, no meetup for this year?

*sigh* Oh well...