PDA

View Full Version : Roland Saint Jude Appreciation Day!

ryleah
2010-07-03, 01:28 PM
It's July 3'rd! Happy RSt.JA day!

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-03, 01:31 PM
Why? We don't know his birthday, and it's not the day he joined the boards, so why today?

If today is actually Mod Appreciation Day, why not call it that? We have three active mods (well, two admins and one mod), after all.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-03, 01:32 PM
Because they're not scary. Roland is scary.

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-03, 01:33 PM
Because they're not scary. Roland is scary.

Obviously you don't know 'larra like I do.

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-03, 01:40 PM
And Rawhide is too awesome to be not mentioned.

Mando Knight
2010-07-03, 01:50 PM
Why? We don't know his birthday, and it's not the day he joined the boards, so why today?

Why only today? And if it is to be only one day, wouldn't it be better if it were August 15th, June 19th, or October 28th?

Forever Curious
2010-07-03, 02:32 PM
In that case, I present Roland St. Jude, Planeswalker!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa21/DynamicChaos/RolandStJude.jpg?t=1278185492

Eldan
2010-07-03, 02:51 PM
Isn't Roland pretty much pure white?

kpenguin
2010-07-03, 02:51 PM
I don't believe there's a speck of black in him.

Crimmy
2010-07-03, 07:33 PM
It's July 3'rd! Happy RSt.JA day!
Newbies...

So, anyway, I agree with Mando, why only today??

Rae Artemi
2010-07-03, 08:16 PM
Which game are we talking about on that card, because I just lost one of them. you guys know what I'm talking about.

thubby
2010-07-03, 08:41 PM
Which game are we talking about on that card, because I just lost one of them. you guys know what I'm talking about.

i hate you :smallannoyed:
and it's mtg.

there is no mind control is primarily blue, secondary black. if anything, i would argue he lacks the reckless abandon of red, or the affinity for fluffy woodland creatures of green.

Starfols
2010-07-03, 08:52 PM
and it's mtg.

there is no mind control is primarily blue, secondary black. if anything, i would argue he lacks the reckless abandon of red, or the affinity for fluffy woodland creatures of green.

Rolly is Chromium? (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=201184) :smalleek:

thubby
2010-07-03, 08:56 PM
Rolly is Chromium? (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=201184) :smalleek:

i was thinking dromar (http://www.essentialmagic.com/em2/Cards/default.aspx?ID=23206)

or maybe some kind of gender swapped Merieke (i don't know her title as a card, she mind controls people)

Rae Artemi
2010-07-03, 10:21 PM
and it's mtg.

I know its Magic, I was just making a joke.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-03, 10:22 PM
this is gonna get locked whenever he gets on. you realize this yes? :smallconfused:

Recaiden
2010-07-03, 10:43 PM
and it's mtg.

I'd say White and then Blue. Though I agree about red and green. Rawhide, maybe, would have all the colors.

Starfols
2010-07-03, 10:44 PM
or maybe some kind of gender swapped Merieke (i don't know her title as a card, she mind controls people)

At first I misread your post, and thought Roland was to be the one gender swapped. Now I can't make the mental image go away :smallsigh::smalltongue:

this is gonna get locked whenever he gets on. you realize this yes? :smallconfused:

Not really. If any of the other Rolly threads are any indication, he only locks them when they go on for a few pages and get seriously derailed. Not that that would ever happen.

Thajocoth
2010-07-03, 10:51 PM

It sure LOOKS red. (Text color.)

Mystic Muse
2010-07-03, 10:57 PM
We could celebrate it on his birthday. Of course that would require knowing what his birthday is.

Has anybody ever talked to Roland in person?

Also, I appreciate Roland Saint Jude and all the other mods.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-04, 12:56 AM
Someone should create magic cards of the other mods/admins. They could go in the GiTP set that's being created.

Kiren
2010-07-04, 02:07 AM
A day worth celebrating indeed!

Thajocoth
2010-07-04, 02:11 AM
Wait... The St. doesn't stand for Street?

Asta Kask
2010-07-04, 03:25 AM
Isn't Roland pretty much pure white?

While in his 'mod shoes', he is required to be neutral towards all the colors. The only thing that matters is if they break the Law.

Yarram
2010-07-04, 05:36 AM
It's gunna be hilarious when he cans his own appreciation thread...

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-04, 05:38 AM
It's gunna be hilarious when he cans his own appreciation thread...

You underestimate Rawhide's sense of humor.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-04, 12:16 PM
Obviously you don't know 'larra like I do.

Obviously, you haven't recieved as many warnings from Roland as I have...

:cool:

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-04, 12:23 PM
Obviously, you haven't recieved as many warnings from Roland as I have...

Protip: don't suggest, even jokingly, that you will kidnap Jared. 'larra will make you regret it.

Roland is a mod. 'larra is a mother. I will pick a fight with a mod over a mother any day.

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 12:26 PM
Roland is a mod. 'larra is a mother. I will pick a fight with a mod over a mother any day.

*Shudders.*
I think I would, too.

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-04, 12:49 PM
*Shudders.*
I think I would, too.

I wouldn't. It's in the job description that an admin can't be stopped. But then again, they have to deal with all sorts of problems every day, so it balances out. And I think Roland doesn't really care about this thread.
-Xavez

Starfols
2010-07-04, 01:30 PM
From the sounds of it, Rawhide and Allara are going to need appreciation days too :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2010-07-04, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't. It's in the job description that an admin can't be stopped.

Then I take it you've never fought a mother protecting her child.

enigmatime
2010-07-06, 01:52 AM
Awwe! I missed it?!?!? I've been writing a song for this day. It's called 'Saint Jude'. It is sung to the tune of 'Hey Jude'.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-06, 01:52 AM
Awwe! I missed it?!?!? I've been writing a song for this day. It's called 'Saint Jude'. It is sung to the tune of 'Hey Jude'.

Not really. It was decided rather arbitrarily. You could potentially do your own at some random point in time.

Killer Angel
2010-07-06, 02:08 AM
I appreciate the Mods every day.
Do someone really needs a particular celebration day?
Isn't... inappropriate, to limit the "Kudos to Roland" to only one day / year? :smallamused:

ryleah
2010-07-07, 02:51 PM
I was searching the word "discourse" to see if anyone had tried to homebrew a dresden codak dungeons and discourse system when I came across a thread called "Anyone else have an opinion about roland st. jude?" which had been posted exactly a year before and in which LordZarth had declared
I hereby declare July 3rd as Official Roland St. Jude Appreciation Day ITP. and that's why I posted that.

Lord Loss
2010-07-07, 05:43 PM
Moderator! Moderator! A lame poem by L.L

His Natural reaction
is to give trolls infractions
Weilding the Banhammer
He makes short work of a Spammer
to enforce the rules
mind control is one of many tools
He quickly Scrubs the most
offensive posts
Now I am done,
Time to go back to my fun

Cobalt
2010-07-07, 06:50 PM
Moderator! Moderator! A lame poem by L.L

His Natural reaction
is to give trolls infractions
Weilding the Banhammer
He makes short work of a Spammer
to enforce the rules
mind control is one of many tools
He quickly Scrubs the most
offensive posts
Now I am done,
Time to go back to my fun

The sheer lack of tempo makes that hilarious.

Crimmy
2010-07-07, 06:52 PM
I was searching the word "discourse" to see if anyone had tried to homebrew a dresden codak dungeons and discourse system when I came across a thread called "Anyone else have an opinion about roland st. jude?" which had been posted exactly a year before and in which LordZarth had declared and that's why I posted that.

If this were Mafia, or Werewolf, I would have already voted for you:
-One, you present a piece of "evidence" that could very well be fabricated.
-Two, you don't say who said so.
-Three, it's out of context. We don't know why that person said that.

Once again, why just the 3rd, and not the whole year? And while we're at it, why not for all the mods?

Charity
2010-07-07, 07:03 PM

I seem to remember it is in december.. but that might just be dementia setting in.

Mauve Shirt
2010-07-07, 07:21 PM
If this were Mafia, or Werewolf, I would have already voted for you:
-One, you present a piece of "evidence" that could very well be fabricated.
-Two, you don't say who said so.
-Three, it's out of context. We don't know why that person said that.

Once again, why just the 3rd, and not the whole year? And while we're at it, why not for all the mods?

Here's the thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117191&highlight=discourse), and here's the quote

I hereby declare July 3rd as Official Roland St. Jude Appreciation Day ITP.

(As well as all Thursdays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and all weekdays that aren't Saturdays.)

Crimmy
2010-07-07, 07:32 PM
Here's the thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117191&highlight=discourse)

AGH! The werewolf partenrs are here!

Well, thanks, but I still don't get it...

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 08:14 PM
I do believe that post was set up in response to a pretty defamatory post against Roland over on the Board Issues forum. People were so outraged by the things said by the offending poster regarding Roland and the hard work he does that they feel he should be recognized.

So yea...backstory.

Crimmy
2010-07-07, 08:20 PM
Oooh.

:smallconfused: A guy/girl dared say something bad about Rolander?
I mean, other than sayi-There is no mind control, citizen, I will go back to my fun.

Cobalt
2010-07-07, 08:28 PM
Ha. That 'last edited by' thing you have in your sig actually had me thinking for a sec that Roland came by and put that in there.

Of course, that would mean you were about to mention there is no mind control, citizen.

And we all know how that went down.

EDIT: ...Wait a second...

Crimmy
2010-07-07, 08:31 PM
Come on, I know Roland didn't edit that!
Even Roland wouldn't be s-There is no mind control.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-07, 11:25 PM
Ooh, RSJ Appreciation Day fell on my birthday this year? Awesome.

Keld Denar
2010-07-08, 12:05 AM
If it ends up being July 3rd every year...wouldn't it always be on your birthday? Unless your birthday is like, the 1st saturday in July every year...which would be kinda cool.

Crimmy
2010-07-08, 01:58 PM
If it ends up being July 3rd every year...wouldn't it always be on your birthday? Unless your birthday is like, the 1st saturday in July every year...which would be kinda cool.

A friend of mine was born on Feb the 29th. He's "legally" only 5 years old.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-08, 03:46 PM

Does that mean he can't get a driver's license until he's 64? (16 legally) and that he can probably never drink alcohol?

LordZarth
2010-07-08, 09:09 PM
I'll go with:

<.<
>.>
<.<

waterpenguin43
2010-07-08, 11:46 PM
Thank you for your hard work, Roland. :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2010-07-08, 11:49 PM
Thank you Roland. We definitely appreciate you.

d13
2010-07-08, 11:51 PM
Roland, you are appreciated.

Vaynor
2010-07-08, 11:56 PM

Does that mean he can't get a driver's license until he's 64? (16 legally) and that he can probably never drink alcohol?

No, because that's not really how it works. Unless in Mexico they only count it as being a year if you've had a birthday. So while it would only be his 16th "birthday" he'd still be a bit less than 64 years old (until a few days later, if we're counting a year as being 365 days).

grarrrg
2010-07-09, 09:38 AM
And now, a Dirty Limmerick in honor of Roland:

Once was a gunslinger named Roland
He'd mod all the forums until when
Someone was all "Dude"
And said something rude
There is no mind control citizen.

Crimmy
2010-07-09, 10:54 AM
No, because that's not really how it works. Unless in Mexico they only count it as being a year if you've had a birthday. So while it would only be his 16th "birthday" he'd still be a bit less than 64 years old (until a few days later, if we're counting a year as being 365 days).

Exactly.
He is now legally adult, in our normal way of thinking.
But being strictly correct, according to his birth certificate and all, he's a 5 year old who can drive and drink.