PDA

View Full Version : Incantatar's abilities and IOTSFV veils.

tundrawalker1
2010-07-03, 03:03 PM
Looking at the Incantatar's Metamagic Effect ability and the wording of the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veils' veils, do these work together?

For instance, if you bring up a veil with the IOTSFV, can you apply a metamagic feat to it by using the Incantatar's Metamagic Effect ability. Let's say you bring up the violet veil and it lasts for 1 minute per level. It is the "equivalent of an 8th level spell" but it is not truly a spell. Can you apply the Persistent Spell feat to the veil, in essence giving it a duration of 24 hours, by using the Metamagic Effect ability of an Incantatar.

My belief if that you cannot as the veil is not a spell, but rather is equivalent to a spell. My DM believes, and I agree with him, that the equivalency is for spell immunities and the like.

Any thougths? Thanks in advance.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-03, 03:06 PM
No, you can't apply metamagic affects to spell-like abilities. However, Complete Arcane includes such feats as Quicken Spell-Like Ability. There isn't a Persistent Spell-Like Ability (and honestly, thank god), but if your DM is amenable, I am sure you can work back from there.