PDA

View Full Version : Happy July 4th!

Asta Kask
2010-07-04, 03:29 AM
Happy Independence Day!

Don't blow off your own fingers and hands and have a generally good time.

Lord Herman
2010-07-04, 03:32 AM
Happy birthday, America! :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-04, 03:59 AM
Happy birthday, America! :smallsmile:

*looks at the size America*

You're going to need a bigger cake.

Totally Guy
2010-07-04, 04:03 AM
I'm going to the USA for the first time on Friday to visit my Dad's new place over there.

It's too bad I'm missing the 4th of July.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-04, 04:06 AM
It is also, apparently, Rube Goldberg's birthday. Hell, you don't even have to Google who he is, since it's on their main page.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-04, 05:26 AM
In an interesting coincidence, it is also my ex-wife's birthday.

Lolzords
2010-07-04, 05:40 AM
I dislike that I live in England and therefore can't use this holiday as an excuse to blow stuff up.

EmeraldRose
2010-07-04, 08:14 AM
Do you really need an excuse to blow stuff up? :smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2010-07-04, 08:16 AM
I dislike that I live in England and therefore can't use this holiday as an excuse to blow stuff up.

But you get Guy Fawkes' day!

Arakune
2010-07-04, 08:19 AM
Happy movie!

*dodge tomatoes*

SDF
2010-07-04, 08:27 AM
I'm going to the USA for the first time on Friday to visit my Dad's new place over there.

It's too bad I'm missing the 4th of July.

Things you don't want to do in the US: Travel around the 4th of July. Just have your dad pick up some surplus fireworks and call it good. :smallwink:

Making ribs on our new grill today. Huzzah!

Vizzerdrix
2010-07-04, 08:32 AM
Happy 4th! Gonna do 2 BBQs today, watch the fireworks, then watch movies till dawn. Tomorrow I''m sneaking into a lynyrd skynyrd concert.

Mauve Shirt
2010-07-04, 09:26 AM
Wheee. Right now my father's making blueberry pancakes. Later tonight we're having a big cookout, and we have some Wile E. Coyote fireworks to light off.

Trog
2010-07-04, 09:34 AM
Gonna storm all day here so me and the kids already had a cookout and lit off all the fireworks last night. Now we shall celebrate our Independence by watching season 4 of the Simpsons, playing some Transformers game for the Wii both of which the kids rented last night and (in my case) probably doing laundry and cleaning and the like.

Happy 4th everyone, and thanks to the men and women, past and present, who defend our freedoms! *salutes*

ScottishDragon
2010-07-04, 09:53 AM
Happy 4th Everyone!Happy 234th birthday america!!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-07-04, 09:54 AM
Thus is the largest tax-dodge in history celebrated. :smallamused:

But yes, we do get Guy Fawkes' Night, which makes up for it on this side of the pond I suppose.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-07-04, 09:59 AM
Gonna go blow the sky up tonight with my friends.
Weee!

SpiderMew
2010-07-04, 10:04 AM
From where i live i can see lots of differnt fireworks displays. If its clear tonight i can see disneyland's from my home. They also do a show usualy over by the Queen Mary and thats even closer and i can sit at my computer to see those fireworks.

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 10:18 AM
Happy 4th Everyone!Happy 234th birthday america!!

Congrats, United States of America!
I hope the rest of America will wish you a very good birthday.

Phase
2010-07-04, 10:38 AM
Happy Birthday, colonials.

I will celebrate by working all day and then sleeping early so I may work tomorrow.

Kroy
2010-07-04, 10:50 AM
I'm personally celebrating the 184th anniversary of the death of Adams and Jefferson. Why yes, they did both randomly died on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the declaration of independence.

Catch
2010-07-04, 10:51 AM
Congrats, United States of America!
I hope the rest of America will wish you a very good birthday.

I see what you did there. But, today there's only one America that matters.

No, wait. That's every day.

I kid. It's the one day a year where one can pretend to be an obnoxious nationalist.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-04, 11:00 AM
Gonna storm all day here so me and the kids already had a cookout and lit off all the fireworks last night. Now we shall celebrate our Independence by watching season 4 of the Simpsons, playing some Transformers game for the Wii both of which the kids rented last night and (in my case) probably doing laundry and cleaning and the like.

Happy 4th everyone, and thanks to the men and women, past and present, who defend our freedoms! *salutes*
You have kids? o.0
I never expected that.

I don't know if I should tremble at the awesome of mini-Trog's or cower in fear at mini-Trog's.:smalleek:

Probably both.:smalltongue:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-07-04, 11:09 AM
Of course we can't forget Nathan's famous Coney Island hotdogs, and the oh so ever famous eating contest on this fine day as well.

Juhn
2010-07-04, 11:12 AM
Wow, all you people wishing me a happy birthday?

Wait... what do you mean this thread's about the United States of America's Independence Day?

Happy birthday USA as well, then. :smallbiggrin:

SDF
2010-07-04, 11:23 AM
I'm personally celebrating the 184th anniversary of the death of Adams and Jefferson. Why yes, they did both randomly died on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the declaration of independence.

We voted on the Declaration on the 4th, but people didn't sign it until later.

Trog
2010-07-04, 11:31 AM
You have kids? o.0
I never expected that.

I don't know if I should tremble at the awesome of mini-Trog's or cower in fear at mini-Trog's.:smalleek:

Probably both.:smalltongue:
Yup. Two boys. Mini-Trogs indeed. :smallbiggrin:

*two smaller troglodytes both absorbed in various electronic games and projects and such wander into the thread. Trog lights their Coffin Nails™ and sends them on their way. One examines his smoldering cig* Awww... low tar?! But daAAAaaaad! :smallfrown:

No buts! Trog has to keep you healthy! Shoo! *shoos*

*grumbling they wander off*

:smalltongue:

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 11:36 AM
Okay Catch...
If that's the way you want it, then I counter with...
AMERICAN DAY!
http://www.harkavagrant.com/historynonsense/washingtonfinal.png

EDIT:

Okay, guys, it's also Rube Goldberg's birthday, so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvdq8cRNBM

onthetown
2010-07-04, 12:01 PM
I kid. It's the one day a year where one can pretend to be an obnoxious nationalist.

"Pretend"? :smalltongue: I got told off by an American yesterday because I'm Canadian. After he finished his little rant about how much he hates the french and therefore hates Canada (and he was a tourist!), all I could really do was just laugh hysterically at him and say, "...Well... I'm french.." Gotta love this time of year, brings out the best in everybody.

On the actual topic, happy independence day. Festivities and holidays rock.

SpiderMew
2010-07-04, 12:06 PM
There are judgemental idoits in every group and country. There is no escape.

Im part french.

SDF
2010-07-04, 12:13 PM
I have a confession to make. My great grandmother came to the US illegally from Canada. I am also thusly 1/16 french(canadian) in an otherwise undiluted Scots-Irish ancestry.

Most foreigners I've ever met have at least had the courtesy to pretend to like the US while they were in it, though.

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 12:13 PM

Im part french.

QFT :smallcool:

TheThan
2010-07-04, 12:53 PM

Very true

Also, Happy 4th everyone, even you non-Americans.

Raz_Fox
2010-07-04, 12:56 PM
Incidentally, my father's birthday is today, making today special for my family even without the whole "Celebration of our Country" thing. But we're having a big party with a bunch of friends over at our house, barbeque burgers and all.

Happy 4th, y'all. :smallsmile:

skywalker
2010-07-04, 01:08 PM
Do you really need an excuse to blow stuff up? :smallconfused:

Not in America.

So we blow more stuff up! Yay!

We voted on the Declaration on the 4th, but people didn't sign it until later.

Some didn't. Most did, though, at least according to Hancock, Jefferson, and Adams. I don't see how all 3 of those guys could be wrong, honestly.

Mando Knight
2010-07-04, 02:12 PM
Happy Independence Day!

...in AMERICA!

Asta Kask
2010-07-04, 02:54 PM

...in AMERICA!

Not quite. In the U.S.A.

Since this is an USA-based board, I didn't think I had to add that.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-04, 02:57 PM
Actually, the Declaration was first ratified on July 2.

I went to the beach this morning, had burgers, and will go swimming soon. Maybe we'll see some fireworks tonight. :smallbiggrin:

SpiderMew
2010-07-04, 03:01 PM
Not quite. In the U.S.A.

Since this is an USA-based board, I didn't think I had to add that.

You apprently do not watch the Yu-gi-oh abriged searies. (http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/index.php)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-07-04, 03:02 PM
Happy Birthday, USA! Keep rocking!!

Lillith
2010-07-04, 03:35 PM
It's funny that we don't have 4th of July as a celebration here, though the tv network is broadcasting Independence Day. :smallbiggrin: Good movie, only alien movie I can watch without having months of nightmares.

Froogleyboy
2010-07-04, 03:40 PM
It's my dad's birthday today! I'm not patriotic but I'm celebrating anyway. Too bad he can't be here to see it . . . Only fourteen more days until he get's out of prison though :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-07-04, 04:11 PM
Happy Independence Day!

Don't blow off your own fingers and hands and have a generally good time.

That Will Smith movie was alright.

Happy Forth of July!

*looks at the size America*

You're going to need a bigger cake.

I approve your Jaws reference.

Em Blackleaf
2010-07-04, 04:29 PM
I'm not doing much this Independence day. I never do. But, hey. Happy Birthday, United States! :D

Cobalt
2010-07-04, 04:49 PM
So I'm coming home from a two-night stay in a hotel. The sun is shining and the sky is clear. I sit down, connect to teh interwebz, log on to Giantitp, and guess what happens the second I read the following words:

Gonna storm all day here...

It starts to rain. :smallannoyed:

Anyway. Happy July 4th!

onthetown
2010-07-04, 05:08 PM

Quite true. My ex was like that about Americans, come to think of it.

But I've been to the US a few different times and every time I go everybody is always awesomely nice to me, so I'm just excited to have finally met a stereotype. :smallbiggrin:

Chunklets
2010-07-04, 05:11 PM
Wishing a happy and festive July 4th to all the Americans in the Playground!

Trog
2010-07-04, 06:14 PM
So I'm coming home from a two-night stay in a hotel. The sun is shining and the sky is clear. I sit down, connect to teh interwebz, log on to Giantitp, and guess what happens the second I read the following words:

It starts to rain. :smallannoyed:

Anyway. Happy July 4th!
Heh. I would claim to control the weather... but we all know that wxdruid really does that. :smalltongue:

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-04, 07:56 PM
The ban on fireworks has finally been lifted in my town. I've been hearing explosions all day. I love the smell of gunpowder in the evening.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-04, 08:02 PM
The ban on fireworks has finally been lifted in my town. I've been hearing explosions all day. I love the smell of gunpowder in the evening.

I heard two at my Lake that sounded like a giant shotgun. Maybe a cannon.

Lev
2010-07-04, 08:12 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/185/f/5/Happy_4th_of_July_by_MattTheSamurai.gif

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 08:19 PM
*Snip*

So I herd U liek french swerdmasturz who playz wiz fiaarrr!

Lev
2010-07-04, 08:34 PM
So I herd U liek french swerdmasturz who playz wiz fiaarrr!
I designed and invented both swordchuck form and flaming swordchucks, I'm also a 3rd year fire performer, 2 of those years professional.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-04, 08:35 PM
I designed and invented both swordchuck form and flaming swordchucks, I'm also a 3rd year fire performer, 2 of those years professional.

Wait...That's you!?

... *Genuflects in awe*

Lev
2010-07-04, 08:39 PM
Wait...That's you!?

... *Genuflects in awe*
The gif isn't me, that's just someone with atleast few hours of practice and some lit steel wool on chains. Looks nice though, good framing.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-04, 09:04 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/185/f/5/Happy_4th_of_July_by_MattTheSamurai.gif

Whoa! That's awesome! Almost makes the third degree burns worth it I bet.

Cobalt
2010-07-04, 09:34 PM

Makes the sudden lag my screen experiences whenever I scroll over it worth it, too.

*gets tan from the sparks*

Jack Squat
2010-07-04, 10:31 PM

Wait...people actually listen to firework bans?

I've never lived in a place where it was legal to use fireworks, and there's never been a shortage of booms on the 4th.

Crimmy
2010-07-04, 10:35 PM
Wait...people actually listen to firework bans?

I've never lived in a place where it was legal to use fireworks, and there's never been a shortage of booms on the 4th.

There. Fixed for my own version.

Lev
2010-07-04, 10:40 PM
Unless you are 5' away from an explosive (like an open fuel can) or your clothing is made of something which ignites (and then melts) when hit you will get at worst 1st degree burns that won't require any treatment [1 nonlethal damage at most], just about at the level of a sunburn in little spots where you get touched.

I've seen one person get a real second degree burn [1 lethal damage] from this style (though using fuel rather than just sparks) in 3 years (in a fire community of around 50 practicing en masse every week), and we never found out how it happened. Pro fire safety was looking right at her during a live show, freak accident.

Point is, fire isn't dangerous, juggling knives isn't dangerous, running with scissors isn't dangerous.

Mauve Shirt
2010-07-04, 10:41 PM
THE FIREWORKS WE LIT OFF WERE SO AMAZING!!! I will have to put pictures up as soon as I can! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-07-04, 10:45 PM
Makes the sudden lag my screen experiences whenever I scroll over it worth it, too.

*gets tan from the sparks*

I'd love to see some Heavy Metal go along with that.

Unless you are 5' away from an explosive (like an open fuel can) or your clothing is made of something which ignites (and then melts) when hit you will get at worst 1st degree burns that won't require any treatment, just about at the level of a sunburn.

I've seen one person get a real second degree burn in 3 years (in a fire community of around 50 practicing en masse every week), and we never found out how it happened. Pro fire safety was looking right at her during a live show, freak accident.

Good point. As I've seen in Return of the Sith, two people can be mere feet away from lava and not get horribly burned.

Lev
2010-07-04, 10:53 PM
Good point. As I've seen in Return of the Sith, two people can be mere feet away from lava and not get horribly burned.
That, is an entirely different ballpark of heat.

But that's kind of like comparing a bell pepper to sulfuric acid in terms of spicyness.

Dacia Brabant
2010-07-04, 11:06 PM
I was about to complain about all the firecrackers keeping me up tonight, but then I thought, "you know, at least we don't have vuvuzelas."