PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Master [3.5] PEACH

Baalthazaq
2010-07-04, 05:45 AM
Ok so I looked through all the Drunken Master threads I could find here.

Basically, I want to play a Drunken Master. My only tools are:
Core and Complete Warrior, Skill Tricks from Complete Scoundrel.

Almost everything I'm looking at is for flavour (Prone Attack, Sweeping Trip), and not optimization.

Having said that, the only concession the DM has made with regard the prestige class itself is that he counts as proficient with *all* weapons, including improvised and exotic.

I am allowed one free action per round, so no 30D12 Flame Breath (though I think that would have been fair given it takes 10 rounds to charge up).

My current build is the following:
Monk 4 (Lose 1 BAB, gain a few nice monk abilities, feats I want anyway, etc).
Fighter 6 (Full BAB progression, extra feats which is cool, monk gets better flurry but loses BAB anyway, making the point moot).
Drunken Master 10 (Lose 3 BAB, gain all the drunken master abilities).

Feats:
Blind Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Defensive Throw, Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Great Fortitude, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, Lightning Reflexes, Prone Attack, Snatch Arrows, Stunning Fist, Sweeping Trip

Stats:
Int, Wis, and Dex at 16, 14, 15.
Str, Con, and Cha at 12, 12, 8.
Putting Attribute Bonuses in: Dex, Wis, Wis, Int, Wis.
(Reasoning: This gives me more "drinks" first of all (8 total), and lets me actually do the rubbish fighter becomes good when drunk thing. I also want to have an element of "Wise Master" when OOCombat. The Int also gives me more skill points, which I want for Skill Tricks).

So you're all thinking "That's nice... why is this in the forum and not just on your character sheet?"

Well, I want a critique.
I still want some optimization.
Is there some way of doing the exact same thing better?
Are there some awesome Drunken Monk feats I've missed?
Should I exchange Fighter for something else which has cool improv weapons feats?

In roleplaying terms, I want the flat out Drunken Monk, mixed with the Jackie Chan from every other movie (Google Jackie Chan Ladder Fight).
In mechanical terms, I want someone who can lock down a fight to play the role of tank.

Drinking should be done with Combat Expertise on Max while using the Trip or disarm options to keep enemies somewhat nullified.