PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a god

Niro
2010-07-04, 01:18 PM
I will soon be particiating in a game of Warcraft RPG and the GM has told me that it is going to be epic. Fancy armors, giant swords, awesome quests, gigantic monsters and women(:smallbiggrin:)

I have my character planned out but since we are playing in this world I would like him to become a god (or in the warcraft case.. an eternal).

So my question is this: What would be the easiest way of becoming a god?

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-04, 01:20 PM
I will soon be particiating in a game of Warcraft RPG and the GM has told me that it is going to be epic. Fancy armors, giant swords, awesome quests, gigantic monsters and women(:smallbiggrin:)

I have my character planned out but since we are playing in this world I would like him to become a god (or in the warcraft case.. an eternal).

So my question is this: What would be the easiest way of becoming a god?

Create a race (using awaken at first to make a few mating pairs and modifying them later at higher levels) and put them in a place where they can be safe, and raise them and train them as wizards, and, eventually, clerics of you. Once you have enough followers, you should be able to become a god. Run this idea by you DM first though.
-Xavez

Aroka
2010-07-04, 01:29 PM
Gigantic women sounds promising.

This being Warcraft, I think your best bet is finding some kind of source of cosmic power and channel it into yourself. I'm not terribly familiar with the lore, but I'm pretty sure deities etc. don't actually draw power from worship, do they? In fact, I can't really think of deities in the setting... the humans worship some kind of impersonal "Light" don't they?

jpreem
2010-07-04, 01:32 PM
Gigantic women - awesome

Niro
2010-07-04, 01:36 PM
Gigantic women sounds promising.

This being Warcraft, I think your best bet is finding some kind of source of cosmic power and channel it into yourself. I'm not terribly familiar with the lore, but I'm pretty sure deities etc. don't actually draw power from worship, do they? In fact, I can't really think of deities in the setting... the humans worship some kind of impersonal "Light" don't they?

Well I know that the paladins do.. I dont know about others. But if I am a bit lucky we will kill Illidan and grab his skull (not HIS skull.. but a skull that granted him demonic powers) and that might help us.. Or maybe we will just kill one of the elemental lords and take his/her throne/powers :\

Basically I was just wondering how people in 3.5 would become gods and maybe I could transfer that base idea with me to warcraft

Aroka
2010-07-04, 01:43 PM
There's no mechanics in 3.5 for becoming a deity. People always cite "get worshippers," but that's not a part of Deities & Demigods. In most D&D settings, it's a matter of cosmic power; in Faerūn, for instance, it's all about being invested with a portfolio by Ao (the easiest way seems to be to kill the portfolio's previous owner, since Ao seems to favor the standard adventurer philosophy of "you killed it, you keep its stuff"). Midnight didn't have a single worshipper AFAIK, but when she was given Mystra's portfolio and became Mystra, she gained all her worshippers. There's sneakier ways, too - Shar took out Ibrandul (I think that's the name?) but no one caught on, and she continued to give the deity's clerics spells while drawing their power to herself. (Once you are a deity in Toril, number of worshippers does matter.)

So really, you have to find out how people gain that sort of power in any specific setting. The Lich King, for instance, is (AFAIK) essentially a deity/demigod because he has Ner'zhul's warlock/shaman/whatever powers, amplified immensely by the Frozen Throne (which I guess channels/concentrates ambient magical power or something). So find some kind of nexus of power and tap it.

Eronai_Jantig
2010-07-04, 01:53 PM
Here's the thing, there aren't really Deities in a traditional sense, and no one actually gives you deity-like power. The closest is the Lich King, and though incredibly powerful, wasn't really anything more than an incredibly powerful dude with the ability to command all undead.

The keep what you kill thing has never really been shown in WoW.