PDA

View Full Version : Is there a divine Unseen Seer?

gallagher
2010-07-05, 01:40 AM
i would be very interested to see if there was a prestige class similar to USS, but intended for divine classes? i understand that one could fluff it to be divine, but the DM might not actually go for that.

if i have to stick with a refluffed USS, the build would be something like a 14/14/12/8/25/20 Human Paladin of Freedom 2/ Cloistered Cleric 3/USS 10/ Monk 1/Cloistered Cleric 4, putting all my level attribute bonuses on wisdom for spells. i could get trickery domain for hide, but i would still need to find a way to get spot and search

that would be 9th level casting for cleric, add in knowledge devotion, persist divine strength and righteous might, have a couple wands of those nice pally spells from Spell Compendium, and beat house as a fighting machine even with not so great HP. spontaneous healing will help out there, as will the lay on hands, as will the CHA to saves (which will be nice with a +6 cloak of charisma).

No armor will give me WIS to armor, which also with a +6 periapt of wisdom and +4 from levels will give me +8 to my armor with no dex penalty. 18/15/25 as my saves. and 4d6 sneak attack. what do you guys think?

gorfnab
2010-07-05, 02:21 AM
Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html) by Rich Burlew may be close in terms of a rogue/cleric prestige class. Otherwise it really wouldn't be that hard just to homebrew unseen seer to progress divine casting.

Kantolin
2010-07-05, 04:01 AM
There's the nightsong stalker from the Complete Adventurer.

Lose two caster levels (4 and 9) and requires 1d6 sneak attack, so that's 3 caster levels down overall. This probably means it's not worth it, but it's not too bad of a class overall - you get some kinda cool abilities out of it.

I suppose this is if you mean 'Rogue/Cleric', and not specifically an unseen seer but divine. :P

City domain can help you with the Gather Information requirement.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-05, 04:15 AM
There's the nightsong stalker from the Complete Adventurer.

Lose two caster levels (4 and 9) and requires 1d6 sneak attack, so that's 3 caster levels down overall. This probably means it's not worth it, but it's not too bad of a class overall - you get some kinda cool abilities out of it.

I suppose this is if you mean 'Rogue/Cleric', and not specifically an unseen seer but divine. :P

City domain can help you with the Gather Information requirement.

With several feats, you could get in with no sneak attack giving classes.

Kantolin
2010-07-05, 04:42 AM
O-o How? There's a feat to get past the +1d6 sneak attack requirement?

Fortuna
2010-07-05, 04:48 AM
O-o How? There's a feat to get past the +1d6 sneak attack requirement?

I believe you can do it with Martial Study (something shadow hand) + Martial Stance (Assassin's Stance).

Eldariel
2010-07-05, 10:21 AM
If you use Divine Trickster, Rogue 1/(Cloistered) Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3/Divine Trickster 10 is very similar to the classic Unseen Seer-base Wizard builds in that you end up with full casting-1, medium BAB-1, with decent skillpoints from a very large list.

Optimystik
2010-07-05, 10:57 AM
Divine Oracle, while lacking sneak attack, has a US-like affinity for divination spells and some more defensive rogue-ish abilities - Uncanny Dodge, Trapsense, Super Evasion (i.e. evasion in heavy armor) and I Knew It! (i.e. act in the surprise round.)

Amphetryon
2010-07-05, 11:06 AM
Temple Raider of Olidamarra is an overlooked Cleric/Rogue PrC.

Optimystik
2010-07-05, 11:31 AM
Temple Raider of Olidamarra is an overlooked Cleric/Rogue PrC.

Some things that are overlooked have a good reason to be :smalltongue: