PDA

View Full Version : Shock Trooper Totem Rager Help

AtS
2010-07-05, 04:53 AM
Barbarian 1/Totemist 9/Totem Rager 10

vs.

Barbarian 1/Fighter 1/Totemist 8/Totem Rager 10

Essentially, it's Heart Chakra Binds + 2 Essentia versus 1 extra Feat (Karmic Strike) and BAB.

Here's the kicker, though - I'm waiting to see if my DM will allow flaws for bonus feats - if he won't, I'll have to wait all the way until level 9 to get Shock Trooper, and it'll make getting both Shock Trooper and Karmic Strike that much harder.

The build is pretty standard (with Flaws):

Cobalt Rage (Level 1 Feat)
Pounce (Spirit Lion Totem Bonus Feat)
Power Attack (Fighter Bonus Feat)
Dodge (Flaw Bonus Feat)
Improved Bull Rush (Level 3 Feat)
Shock Trooper (Level 6 Feat)
Leap Attack (Level 9 Feat)
Combat Reflexes (Level 12 Feat)
Combat Expertise (Level 15 Feat)
Karmic Strike (Level 18 Feat)

However, without Flaws, I'd have to drop Combat Reflexes in order to even be able to get Karmic Strike, which is a hit, but having Karmic Strike is better than not having it. On the other hand, if I go without the Fighter 1 dip (and still no Flaws), I don't really see the point in getting Dodge, since I won't have enough feats to ever get Karmic Strike.

I was thinking, in that situation, pick up Improved Trip at level 18, just for lulzy shenanigans. (Does anyone have a better suggestion than this?)

It seems to me that picking up Fighter 1 would be the most useful - however, I have very little experience with Incarnum characters, and as such, I can't really gauge exactly how powerful the heart chakra binds are, and how much of a hit it is to lose them.

So, I ask you: Find your opinions. And tell them to me.

Keld Denar
2010-07-05, 05:03 AM
If you are a charging totemist, take Shape Soulmeld: Thunderstride Boots. Its a Soulborn meld, but its not like anyone actually plays a Soulborn. Might as well get some mileage out of it.

Now, bind that to your feet. Every time you charge and hit, you force a fort save. You also get some bonus d4 sonic damage dice. The save won't be very high, but if you build it right with a bunch of natural weapons, you can force 6-8 saves at the end of every charge. You're DM will roll low some time. Stunned means your foe drops whatever it was holding, so now you've gotten a free disarm out of the deal. Not bad.

zagan
2010-07-05, 05:31 AM
I can't help much but if you need dodge for this character take azure dodge instead that way you at least get one more point of essentia.