PDA

View Full Version : Iron Heroes - Armiger & Weapon Master Changes

kkortekaas
2010-07-05, 09:10 AM
Hey Folks,
I'm gearing up for a Iron Heroes game and I've decided that I want to tweak a couple of the classes to make them a touch more playable. I've written up my revisions below and would appreciate some feedback on the changes.

Armiger Changes:
Armor Pool: When combat begins you start with the amount of tokens equal to the damage reduction value listed for the armor you are currently wearing. You then accumulate tokens as written. You can use tokens against any opponent in combat. Unspent tokens are lost at the end of combat

Weapon Master Changes:
Weapon Pool: When combat begins you start with 1d4 tokens. You accrue additional tokens as written. Unspent token are lost at the end of combat

What do you guys think?

Gametime
2010-07-05, 11:34 AM
The errata includes some beneficial changes to the Armiger, including better masteries and bonus armor feats. If you have the revised version of the book, you already have that. If not, the errata is available free online.

Aside from that, I usually just give the Armiger one token when he's hit (like the Berserker) and remove the Weapon Master's targeting restriction on accumulating tokens. Also, consider giving the Weapon Master bonus feats from his chosen mastery at 2nd level and every four levels thereafter.

kkortekaas
2010-07-05, 06:02 PM
Thanks Gametime!
I do indeed have the revised printing as well as the Players Companion.

Can you suggest any other changes that would be beneficial to implement?