PDA

View Full Version : VoP or WBL.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-05, 01:10 PM
I'm playing a Master of Many Forms and i'm level 16 with the build Wildshape variant Ranger Champion of the Wild* 5/MoMF 10/Natures Warrior 1.

I just recently found this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140428) Fix for VoP and thought it looked pretty good, so i ask the DM and he's allowed me to use it and he's ruled that i can give the stuff i have now to the rest of the party.

Should i bother with it? It gives me better stat boosts, better AC bonuses and MUCH better attack and damage bonuses than i have now, and all the bonuses work when i'm in wild shape.

The stuff i have now is: A vest ala what is mentioned in This (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules) Thread. It's basicaly a monks Belt that also gives the benefit of a hat of disguise, a Handy Haversack and some various small armor and resistance bonuses. I also have a Wildshape Amulet, but that's not a problem one of the others from the Party is a Planar Shepherd who can use that thing just fine.

Should i go for it or should i stick with my stuff?

*Trading spellcasting for Improved Trip.

EDIT: Also i realise that my equipment is hardly WBL but the title sounded clever.

mostlyharmful
2010-07-05, 03:42 PM
It's subpar but a great feat if you don't like bookkeeping, VoP is almost never worth it though that seems a really nice reworking that I'll nab for my games. Cheers.:smallsmile:

Just bare in mind that for noncasters items are one of the key sources of variety in terms of actions and options, you don't want to get into the fighter hole of doing the same thing fifty bajillion times cause it's all yuo can do:smallfrown:

Jack_Simth
2010-07-05, 03:57 PM
I'm playing a Master of Many Forms and i'm level 16 with the build Wildshape variant Ranger Champion of the Wild* 5/MoMF 10/Natures Warrior 1.

I just recently found this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140428) Fix for VoP and thought it looked pretty good, so i ask the DM and he's allowed me to use it and he's ruled that i can give the stuff i have now to the rest of the party.

Should i bother with it? It gives me better stat boosts, better AC bonuses and MUCH better attack and damage bonuses than i have now, and all the bonuses work when i'm in wild shape.

The stuff i have now is: A vest ala what is mentioned in This (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules) Thread. It's basicaly a monks Belt that also gives the benefit of a hat of disguise, a Handy Haversack and some various small armor and resistance bonuses. I also have a Wildshape Amulet, but that's not a problem one of the others from the Party is a Planar Shepherd who can use that thing just fine.

Should i go for it or should i stick with my stuff?

*Trading spellcasting for Improved Trip.

EDIT: Also i realise that my equipment is hardly WBL but the title sounded clever.
In your specific case?

Vow of Poverty. Items meld into your new form, and become nonfunctional (mostly). Vow of Poverty effects don't. Most of the primary reasons for needing wealth over the Vow (flight, teleportation, DR penetration, and so on) don't apply to you (Wildshape gives you flight; you can get limited teleportation by taking Martial Study for a few shadow hand manuevers... although DR will still be a pain for you, and so on).

So for you, the Vow of Poverty will work.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-05, 04:46 PM
It's subpar but a great feat if you don't like bookkeeping, VoP is almost never worth it though that seems a really nice reworking that I'll nab for my games. Cheers.:smallsmile:

Just bare in mind that for noncasters items are one of the key sources of variety in terms of actions and options, you don't want to get into the fighter hole of doing the same thing fifty bajillion times cause it's all yuo can do:smallfrown:

Variety isn't really a problem for me, seeing how i can be a 12 headed cryo-Hydra one moment and a Beholder the next*.

The Rework really fixes a lot of the issues with the feat.

* I have Assume Supernatural ability.

In your specific case?

Vow of Poverty. Items meld into your new form, and become nonfunctional (mostly). Vow of Poverty effects don't. Most of the primary reasons for needing wealth over the Vow (flight, teleportation, DR penetration, and so on) don't apply to you (Wildshape gives you flight; you can get limited teleportation by taking Martial Study for a few shadow hand manuevers... although DR will still be a pain for you, and so on).

So for you, the Vow of Poverty will work.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, this Fix makes VoP grant flight.

Math_Mage
2010-07-05, 08:24 PM
Variety isn't really a problem for me, seeing how i can be a 12 headed cryo-Hydra one moment and a Beholder the next*.

* I have Assume Supernatural ability.

Clearly it doesn't matter whether you take VoP or not, then. Might as well take Planar Shepherd and have done with it. :smalltongue: