PDA

View Full Version : ZOMBIES!!! [board game]

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-05, 01:14 PM
Hey there everybody!

Is anybody else here familiar with this game? It's the one where at the start of your turn, you place a tile that makes up part of the map, and then you roll first to move your person and then to see how many zombies you can move. Each player starts with three "lives" and three"bullets", making it somewhat a parody of bad zombie video games. There are quite a few clichés in it, such as the chainsaw, having to get to the heliport, and cards such as "Hey look, a shotgun!"

What do you guys think of it?
-Xavez

Axolotl
2010-07-05, 01:22 PM
Owned it for years, only gotton a chance to play it once but I've always wanted to try it out.

Catch
2010-07-05, 01:30 PM
It's a great party game, especially where drinking is involved. Make sure everyone is prepared for constant betrayal, because it's definitely not a game where you'll play nice with your friends. In fact, the most fun to be had from the game is seeing how badly you can screw the player who's ahead.

In one game, I was a couple of turns away from the helipad and I picked up The Keys Are Still in It, which lets you commandeer a car and move something like ten spaces in any direction. I had a straight shot toward the goal, and could win next turn. Then my buddy played Brain Cramp, which lets him choose the direction of my movement. He sent me barreling into a pack of five or six zombies, all of which I had to fight, and I still survived.

I've actually had a night's D&D session be put on hold to play a Zombies! game.

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-05, 01:45 PM
I think it's sort of funny how you can possibly never get to end a game. For example, what happens if the first for tiles are "Sporting Goods Store," "Firehouse," "Hospital," and one other dead-end tile.
-Xavez

SolkaTruesilver
2010-07-05, 01:53 PM
Played once, we had the maximum number of players possible. Ended up being quite a slow game, and we were frustrated at the end.

(I think the thread should be moved to the "Gaming : Others" forum)

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-05, 02:01 PM
Played once, we had the maximum number of players possible. Ended up being quite a slow game, and we were frustrated at the end.

(I think the thread should be moved to the "Gaming : Others" forum)

I think the game is best with four players; any more can bog it down.
-Xavez

SolkaTruesilver
2010-07-05, 02:03 PM
I think the game is best with four players; any more can bog it down.
-Xavez

This is what happened to us.. sadly.

It was fun, until we reached 3 AM

Bhu
2010-07-05, 05:26 PM
Its a great game but peek at some of the errata and optional rules on their site. Too many players, or players who are too cutthroat makes for a loooooong game.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-07-05, 05:49 PM
It's a pretty mindless game which you can just have some fun with. I have the original, but that's all. I think it would be cool at some point to get every expansion so to speak, start in the mall (obviously), and go from there to the city, and so on and so forth, and play a huge marathon weekend long game. Although instead of placing the tiles at before every turn, I say lay the entire board/city out completely at the beginning, and go from there.

Darklord Xavez
2010-07-06, 12:37 PM
It's a pretty mindless game which you can just have some fun with. I have the original, but that's all. I think it would be cool at some point to get every expansion so to speak, start in the mall (obviously), and go from there to the city, and so on and so forth, and play a huge marathon weekend long game. Although instead of placing the tiles at before every turn, I say lay the entire board/city out completely at the beginning, and go from there.

I like your board-laying idea, but I don't really like some of the expansion packs. The mall seems good, but the military base is only useful if the front gates tile comes up in the first five or so. Otherwise, the length of the base and the sheer volume of the zombies per tile makes it nearly impossible. Not sure about the other ones though.
-Xavez

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-07-06, 12:48 PM
I like your board-laying idea, but I don't really like some of the expansion packs. The mall seems good, but the military base is only useful if the front gates tile comes up in the first five or so. Otherwise, the length of the base and the sheer volume of the zombies per tile makes it nearly impossible. Not sure about the other ones though.
-Xavez

You know you can always house rule that if the front gates tile doesn't come withing a certain number of tiles, you could just place it. I wouldn't know the specifics of that expansion as I'm not all that familiar with it.