PDA

View Full Version : Questions for a "pseudo-theoretical" build

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-05, 01:53 PM
I am working on a kind of TO (in the sense it wont see actual play; but it is not on the level of Pun-pun the omnisfier or a (war)hulking hurler) but I am having trouble with some parts of the build.

Which are templates that increase int? (I am trying to avoid voidmind cause I don't like it, but if there aren't any good templates I might take it.)

Do all wings reduce the falling damage in the way that dragonborn and raptoran wings reduce it?

How do I calculate penalties for dual wielding two handed weapons? (I am using thri-krin as base, so with multiweapon fighting I can dual wield glaives).

That is all for now anyway.

thanks in advance

Curmudgeon
2010-07-06, 03:30 AM
Do all wings reduce the falling damage in the way that dragonborn and raptoran wings reduce it?
The standard rules for winged creatures are here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/movement.htm#movingInThreeDimensions). Wings reduce your falling rate from the usual wingless falling body rates (500' in the first round, and 1200' each round thereafter) to a much slower descent (150' in the first round, and 300' thereafter). There is no general reduction in damage on impact; such limitations are specific to individual races.

How do I calculate penalties for dual wielding two handed weapons? (I am using thri-krin as base, so with multiweapon fighting I can dual wield glaives).
Whichever weapon uses your primary hand for holding has a -6 penalty, and any weapons wielded only in your off hands has a -10 penalty. Multiweapon Fighting reduces those penalties to -4 (primary hand) and -4 (off hands). Wielding a weapon with two hands doesn't allow further reductions because of weapon weight, because the melee weapon categories are (light, one-handed, and two-handed).