PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Marathon: Group C

Psionic Dog
2010-07-05, 02:40 PM
Zombie Marathon: Group C

Danger: Do not feed the Zombies a small sign posted in front of the portal solemnly reads. There the the local earl and county mayor shake each hand and hand you the "Rod of Closure" as they call it. After a refreshingly short speech is given ("Thank you for your help. There's a 30,000 gp bonus for the group if you succeed. Don't get eaten.") you step through the portal.

On the far side you find a sparkling cavern with a faint hint of a glow from illumines fungi scattered across the cavern roof and walls. Pretty as it is, those of you who can't see by starlight (low light vision/dark vision) can't see much beyond your own light sources. In the dimmer areas cave mushrooms grow, and in the brighter patches moss and ferns have taken root. As caves go this one isn't so bad... or wouldn't be if it weren't for the the steady drip of water drumming out the time until undead horrors emerge from the unearthly mists.

The Juicy Details:
On days 1-5 the PC's face CR 7 attacks generated by combining three CR 4 groupings, with one attack in every second wave being CR 8 and made of two CR 5 groupings and a CR 4 group.

On days 6-10 the PC's face CR 8 attacks generated by combining three CR 5 groupings, with one attack in every second wave being CR 9 and made of 2 CR 5 groups and 3 CR 4 groups.

The CR 5 groups will remain a surprise to add dramatic tension to your early mini-boss encounters, but below is the CR 4 table for your planing convenience.

{table]#|CR 4 Groupings
1|1x Huge Fiendish Viper
2| 4x Spider Swarms
3| 12x Dire Rats
4| 1x Vampire Spawn
5| 1x L2 Kobold Sourcer Ghost*
6| 4x Ghouls
7| 1x Minotaur Zombie
8| 4x Troglodyte Zombies
9| 8x Human Commoner Zombies
10| 2x Owlbear Skeletons
11| 4x Wolf Skeletons
12| 12x Human Skeletons[/table]

*L2 Kobold Ghost Sourcer:
HP 18 AC: 17
[(6), 15, - , 12, 8, 19]
Always Manifested, Corrupting Gaze (DC 15 Fort), Frightful Moan (DC 15 Will)
Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Ray of Frost, Daze, Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance

The Map:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/ZombieBattleField.png
Each square is 10x10 ft.

The Obsidian Road:
Somehow they forgot to mention this feature: A 12 ft wide fussed obsidian once smooth road leading from the portal out into the black mists.

Vegetation:
Nothing grows on the road, but everywhere else has a 50% chance of having cave mushrooms in dimmer areas or cave moss and ferns if brighter areas. No where is the vegetation thick enough to provide anything bigger than a mouse with concealment.

The Black Mists:
The fuzzy purple bar on the left. The mooks appear here.

The Pond:
Sky-blue = shallow water.
Dark-teal = deep water. The pool is 9 ft deep at the deepest point.

The Berm:
15 ft tall with a 10ft wide flat top and 10ft wide slopes. Once the berm may have been a slippery sandy-shale, but with time the gravel as fussed. DC 10 climb check required to scale, except at the stairs (C-17)

The Grand Portal:
Located at far right. If the portal opens and a mook walks through rocks fall and everyone dies.

The Pedestal: (H-27)
4 ft tall with steps on the western side. From here the Rod of Sealing can close the portal for 1 hour. Multiple uses over lap, so the villagers suggest you renew he seal every half hour to be safe.

Tower blueprints
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Tower.png The tower is actually only 35 ft wide, although it is the full promised 25 ft tall. The tower map is on a 5x5 ft square scale.

Doors are marked by wide rectangles.

Arrows slits are marked by narrow solid-dark rectangles. These arrow slits have been widened to allow for slings at the cost of only a +6 AC cover bonus to the defender. The arrow slits also come with 1/2" thick shutters that can be closed over them.

The Front Door:
These double doors are together 10ft wide and 12 ft tall. The front door is built from 2.5" thick oak, and has 25 HP with a Hardness 5 when the double backing bars are set it has a DC 23 to break. The door is flush with the outer walls so that attackers will not have a doorway to take cover within.

1st Floor (on left)
The ground floor has a 15 ft ceiling (less rafters) to accommodate large sized creatures. The walls are 3ft thick masonry with no windows on the ground floor, but there are 8 tiny barred vent for ventilation near the ceiling with wire mesh to prevent even a rat from slipping through. Vents are marked by the pale small rectangles.

1: Vestibule
At least, that's what it once was. Some paranoid renovator in centuries past added three arrow slits pointed at the door to make this room an extra line of defense.

2: Stables.
A place for mounts to sleep, and either a carriage or a large guest to sleep. The room contains two ruff stalls and two stale bales of hay.

3: Storage room.
Also contains stairs leading upwards. Someone left a short bow, 40 arrows, 40 torches, a flint-steel, and 5 days of firewood here.

The 2nd Floor (on right)
The second floor outer walls are thinner (a foot thick) and contain 11 arrow-slits in the place of windows.

4: Kitchen.
This corner room has a small wood-stove, table, a small spice rack, and other basic equipment to feed 6-12 men.

5: Common Room
This room contains a pair of spindle chairs and a ladder bolted to the wall leading up to a trapdoor in the roof. A continual flame keeps this room perpetually lit.

6: Office
This room contains a simple desk, a modest chair, and a book shelf. All empty except for the odd cobweb.

7: Officer Bedroom
This room contains a simple tapestry, a small dresser, and a pair of bunked beds (no bedding) for the tower commander(s).

8: Armory
Nothing remains except for a weapon rack.

9: Barracks
Living quarters for the common soldier this has 3 pairs of bunked beds (no bedding), a broken cabinet, and a bucket.

The Roof:
The flat-topped roof is 35ft to a side and surrounded by a low wall (2.5 ft tall, 1 ft thick masonry) and is accessed by a trap door with ladder. There is also a noted hemp rope coiled neatly in a corner with on end attached to an iron bracket in the roof.

Interior walls and flooring are 6" thick masonry, and interior doors are 1.5" thick wood with simple locks.

Doors: Hardness 5:
Front: 25 hp, 23 Break DC
Interior/Trapdoor: 15 hp, 18 Break DC
Shutters: 5 hp, 15 break DC.

Walls: hardness 8:
Ground Floor outer: 360 hp, DC 40 break
2nd floor outer: 120 hp, DC 30 break
Interior/Floors: 90 hp, DC 25 break

Current Time: 00:13, Day 1
Party Status:
All healthy and rested.

Deathslayer7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8807893&postcount=27)
Spyder_Cel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8808409&postcount=28)
Sanity702 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8815862&postcount=34)

No expendables used.

Recent Map
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC1.png

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-05, 06:43 PM
Jack

As Jack walks through the portal, the darkness rushes over him. He exchanges glances with Giddon. They walk cautiously forward allowing the archers and cart in behind them. They wait to light a torch, they make a effort not to attract attention to themselves quite yet.

Wizibirb
2010-07-05, 09:11 PM
Dean

Dean walked through the portal, he stood and looked around. Whistling he kept walking he stopped and waited for Sam to come through. He stretched the prospect of killing abominations appeased him.

Once Sam and the followers were threw, he started thinking, Sam think we could dig trenches to slow them down? Maybe set up some defenses if we have time. First though we need to get the supplies inside.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 12:25 AM
Cassandra

Cas walks in last, the darkness overwhleming her. She brings out her own light source to make her way. Her halfings all carry heavy burdens lugging the supplies inside.

She turns to the others. Continous sources of lights would be far better then having to light torches every hour. As she says thism, she produces a bag which holds 9 other torches like hers that dont seem to go out. We should place these in safe spots so we can see the portal clearly.

ooc -

okay this is what im adding to the supplies list.
60 trail rations (enough food for 6 people for 10 days)
400 arrows
200 bullets
25 sunrods (which burn for 6 hours each)
10 everburning torches

also is there some sort of way to track how long time has gone on or no? :smallconfused: My thought was use torches or something? Maybe even the sunrods.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 01:26 AM
Jack

Jack walks over to Cas and extends his hand out. Hi, my name is Jack. It a pleasure to meet you. I notice your warriors look strained, I would like to offer you my cart. You and your group are welcomed to use it. Good idea with the torches, I'm sure those will come in handy. With a releaved look on his face he walks over toward Dean. Hello, my name is Jack. You look ready for some action, I look forward to fighting with you. After introductions, he starts to walk toward the alter.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 01:35 AM
Cassandra

Cas nods at Jack smiling slightly. Thank you Jack. I'm Cassandra, but I prefer Cas.I specilize in long range support and other things. Hope that we can do this. she says with a smile. She, her cohort and the halfling unload their burdens onto the cart.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 01:41 AM
Dean

Dean looked over Jack,

Always be ready for action. That is the only way to guarantee yourself the best survival rate, hope things work out well and we all survive this mess. So how do you think we should plan this? I have lots of material that we can use, all a matter of how.

He turns to cas, Nice to meet you as well. Long range support is always welcome. He then helps cas and her minions work on loading the cartm he talks as he works.

How so you want to attempt this? What are your thoughts?

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 01:57 AM
Jack

Jack pauses at their talk of strategy. Yes, it will be nice to have a lot of distance support. We should definately work on a positioning strategy. And unless it gets to overwhelming on the front lines I would like Giddon to stay with the ranged combatants in case a few sneak past us. He is an extremly talanted healer. Jack looks over at Giddon who is smiling and looks to be blushing. He turns and looks at Dean, Digging a trench would definately help out, we should scout the area so we can work in a good strategy. Jack waits patiently for their input on the matter.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 02:53 AM
Dean

Dean nodded, that should be fine, we can have Sam here help us with the front lines. Or at least be close bye in case we need a heal. He motioned for Sam and the followers to come forward. Sam came forward clad in a full plate and had a mace at his hip.

Sam is a good man and will do well, and the Ghostfacers (my minions) will be good backup but not necessarily front line fighters. They may be able to hold there own but... better safe than sorry.

I was thinking that we, me and you jack, should be stationed somewhere in the front, behind us will be Sam and the Ghostfacers and further back the tower. However I have yet to figure out sleeping rotations... No one can fight for a full day without needing rest. Any ideas?

ooc- I had to go all or nothing with the supernatural reference :smalltongue:

Haha sorry about that, and if you don't get the reference shame on you.

Edit - just a heads up me and my minions do have dark vision... though I am not sure that is relevant. I am not even sure if it is dark *goes to check*
Should learn to read details more, yup me and my minions do not need torches (am completely aware others do, however just limits where we need to put torches)

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 05:30 AM
Jack

Looking at Dean, Jack nods in agreement. Yes, we shall hold the front lines. I agree that your Ghostfacers should be support. No need to risk lives when it is not necesary. As for sleeping arrangements, our healers should definately rest every night. Other than that we can probably take shifts for watch. Jack again turns his attention to the pedestal. We should close this up.

OOC

Supernatural's Dean and Sam... I like it :P. didn't catch it right away

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 11:07 AM
Cassandra

You'll need some support so the problem is when I sleep. We have two front melee people, but there are things that only I can get rid of. It would be horrible timing if I were asleep and it showed up. But lucky for you, I solved that problem before coming in.

She goes over to Samuel and pats his back. He only needs two hours of sleep to be rested. That's why we work well together. she says with a smile. And both him and I can heal as well.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 11:55 AM
Ooc -

Well if I had to peg Sam as something it would defiantly be a cleric and Dean well my build kinda makes sense for him.... haha
and the ghostfacers lets face it I got them really close. Wearing full plates using Scythes... :smalltongue:

Also where do we want the trenches?

I am not so much thinking every night as much as when they run out of spells. He says putting his hand on his weapon

I also think they should switch off, while one is sleeping the other be on healing duty. One of them should always be on the field. I don't know what you think we can not handle Cas but I assure you that if they come while you are resting, we will do our best to take it down. As Jack turned to the pedestal.

I agree go ahead and shut it then have your minions set up a rotation so one of them is passing bye every half hour to shut the door, and when it is there turn to sleep someone else will set up a rotation.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 03:16 PM
Jack

Jack uses the rod and seals the portal then walks back to the group over by Cas. May I? he askes her and motions toward the lit torches. It is really good to hear we have so many healers. And Samuel only needing to rest 2 hours will definately be beneficial. Having as many healers as we do, sleeping arrangements shouldn't be a problem. Being in the front lines we should probably have a healer close by. I have a knack for healing myself, but I have no idea what to expect. He starts walking deeper into the cave (hopefully with a torch in hand). We should explore this cave and get preperations started.

OOC

We do have 6 hours between waves so there should only be a 2 hour or so time frame where the clerics need to swich off. Longer if the 6 hour lapse is from wave start to wave start. As for the trench, I was thinking I15 to O15 if the ground is even possible to dig.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-06, 06:41 PM
For a moment the group stands clustered together in the circle of torch light examining the situation. As a chorus of cave crickets join the drum of dripping water it's hard to imagine the place becoming a battle ground... at least until a faint breeze waifs through the open portal carrying a hint of spring and apple blossoms.

As is often a case with the small things, the breeze reminds the group both of what is at stake and the faint underlying lingering scent of decay that marks the legacy of this troubled ground. As Jack seals the portal to the surface world the group turns deeper into the cavern to plan out their defense.

OOC Remarks
Time: either by the drip of water, the burning of a lantern, personal hunger, or the subtle cycles of the cave itself the group automatically has a pretty reasonable idea of the passage of time.

The 6 hours is between wave start and wave start, so about 5 hours depending on wave length.

On Digging: The default digging Method is Profession (Miner). Since that can be attempted untrained anyone could grab a shovel and start work, or even broken boards and old buckets for -2 improvised tools.
For medium creatures progress is measured in 5ft cubes of earth moved per 8 hours.
DC 10: 1/2 cube
DC 15: 1 cube
+5: +1 cube

All ground can be dug in, but there is a -5 penalty for any digging attempted on the Obsidian Road.

Dark Vision: Negates poor illumination penalties within the listed range, so in the cavern a creature with just dark vision sees clearly within the listed distance and nothing beyond that.

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 07:06 PM
Ooc-

so we have two days before the first wave? I assume that is what the t -2 days stands for... If not how long until the first wave?

Dean nods in agreement, that would indeed be a wise choice he snaps his fingers and the Ghostfacers step forward.

Grab the shovels out of the barn and start digging from I-15 to O-15 have the donkeys help you! MOVE IT!

rolls in case you want them.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
not sure what the modifiers would be so will leave that up to you psionic
edit -
LMAO I did not roll above a 10.... damn... hopefully getting the crap rolls out now... that really sucked....

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 08:38 PM
Cassandra

She nods and gives him a torch so he can see in the dark. We'll start taking the supplies into the tower. We might want to reinforce it possibly as well.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 09:34 PM
Jack

Jack grabs his own shovel out of his cart. No offense Dean, but it looks like your Ghostfacers are better with a sythe then they are with shovels. He turns toward his group. Giddon... archers, help Cas with anything she asks. I'm going to help dig. He walks off with the Ghostfacers.

Roll (finger's crossed)

[roll0]
edit: lol, I'm probably going to dig as much as all the Ghostfacers put together!!!

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 09:58 PM
Dean laughed at there incompetence he then proceed to help Cas unload all the material

Silence! I will kill you! Maybe the mules will add a good competence bonus! :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 10:20 PM
funnily enough Psionic Dog, I cant help but notice the group A changed to Group C now. :smallamused:

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 11:02 PM
OOC

Ok, I figure that if I work 24 hours out of the 2 days, and that the trench is only 5ft wide. I can take out 3 of the half squars myself. If our ever kind all powerful dm allows it, maybe we can combine the efforts("awesome rolls") of the Ghostfacers, they can take out the other 2 normal/1 obsidian half squares in the same amount of time. It would have to be the right side (less obsidian). and the others can help if there are extra equipment/time to do so. I think we should be able to get it done. Also, what does everyone think about leaving a bridge. It would obviously be the obsidian road portion. I wouldn't need it, my jump is plenty high enough, but with the amount of full plate i'm seeing the trench could hurt us more than help us. ooo, maybe one of the doors from the tower! also, spikes at bottom? Definately not water, my spyder senses are telling me no on that one :P. On the cliff we might want to make some cover if we plan on utilizing it at all. Any thoughts/concerns on those suggestions?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 11:06 PM
ooc

spikes against undead? are you serious? :smalltongue: As to the wall, could we use firewood to make a makeshift barrier? :smallconfused: One that might increase the climb dc and halve movement or some such. Cause I for one would like to use it.

If that is doable, me my cohort and halflings would work on that.

Another thought is dig holes and put firwood as a post in every other square? Thoughts on that?

Important question: when using the rod of wonder, there's a thing that reduces the wileder to 1/12 of their height no save. I calculated my height if this happened and it would be less then 6 inches. xD Which would put me in the diminutive/fine size category. More so fine since im less then 6 inches.

My point being is this: would you allow this, and if so, would you allow the bonuses and disadvantages to go along with it? Mainly being a + to hit and a + AC as well as the carrying weight and grapple modifier.

the other question is would my base land speed remain 30?

Please let me know.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-06, 11:23 PM
OOC

lol, my thoughts were more along the lines of undead shish kabobs move alot slower than others. As for the posts, I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean. where abouts were you thinking for those, for cover or lit for light? and the wall was just an idea, do you think we should put something up there?

Wizibirb
2010-07-06, 11:25 PM
Ooc -

Does anyone have hammer and nails? I myself can also start working on the barricade/digging.
I actually disagree with the whole water thing I think we should have the clerics flood it with create water. Me and the Ghostfacers have a swim speed so we can swim no problem. I really think it would be a good idea. Just my thought.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-06, 11:26 PM
i was thinking more of this:

quoted from srd

Obstacles
Like difficult terrain, obstacles can hamper movement. If an obstacle hampers movement but doesn’t completely block it each obstructed square or obstacle between squares counts as 2 squares of movement. You must pay this cost to cross the barrier, in addition to the cost to move into the square on the other side. If you don’t have sufficient movement to cross the barrier and move into the square on the other side, you can’t cross the barrier. Some obstacles may also require a skill check to cross.

On the other hand, some obstacles block movement entirely. A character can’t move through a blocking obstacle.

Flying and incorporeal creatures can avoid most obstacles.

edit my plan being that we dig small holes enough for the firewood to hamper movement. Hell if we were really lazy just place them upright. After every wave though we would have to reset them.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 12:13 AM
OOC

I wasn't so worried so much on drowning, its just not really that tactful in this situation. Create water is only 2 gal/lvl. so 12 gal/spell. Now 5ftx5ftx70ft is 1750ft cubed... x7.5gal/ft3 thats 13125 gallons of water. We'd only have to cast it 1000+ times to fill. realistic? I really think spikes would slow them down more anyways. They can walk through 5 ft of still water with what i'm assuming is relative ease. At least easier than falling into and crawling out of 5 feet of spikes. Obstacles sound like a good idea.

Edit: Time wise, setting the firewood would probably be sufficient enough. and we can set a door on the tower side for healers to get acrossed, or even have a 5 foot stretch of trench to climb in and out and we'd just have to guard that maybe?

Wizibirb
2010-07-07, 12:33 AM
ooc -

or we could dig a trench to the lake... but I agree that is awfully hard to do.

I can think of a few things we need to do.

However I also think that everyone should be rested just before the first wave

Psionic Dog
2010-07-07, 05:54 AM
OOC replies
Ok, I'm short on time but wanted to get some feed back in before I leave for work.

Yes, T -2 days means you have 48 hours of prep time before the invasion starts.

Yes, you may build spiked pits or wooden obstacles. Doing so would require Craft (Woodworking or TrapMakining) or Profession (Siege Engineer).

Obstructions can also be made by simple stacking cords of fire wood, but that would require more wood per square.

Otherwise just state what the group attempts, and I'll give a 4 hour progress report and allow the group to either continue or revise actions accordingly once they start to see results.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 07:39 PM
ooc

Important question: when using the rod of wonder, there's a thing that reduces the wileder to 1/12 of their height no save. I calculated my height if this happened and it would be less then 6 inches. xD Which would put me in the diminutive/fine size category. More so fine since im less then 6 inches.

My point being is this: would you allow this, and if so, would you allow the bonuses and disadvantages to go along with it? Mainly being a + to hit and a + AC as well as the carrying weight and grapple modifier.

the other question is would my base land speed remain 30?

Please let me know.

ooc-

still wondering about that. whenever you get a chance.

I'll start on the firewood then? How many pieces do we have? and which squares do we do?

Wizibirb
2010-07-07, 08:15 PM
((well i have 100 days worth. not sure how much that translates to.))

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 08:34 PM
Jack

Jack starts digging the right five feet of I15 to O15 starting from I.

We have 120 days worth of firewood total. 2400 lbs... I have no idea how much space that will take up but it seems like alot. Then again a single pallet of water softener salt is about the same weight but is a lot denser. it dosn't show square footage in the players handbook and not sure where to look for that. it is a lot of weight tho so we should be able to get a decent amount of piles. Plus if need be we can rip apart the wagons/donkeys. As for placement I was thinking Scattered fro J-O 10 to the trench further if we have enough. Regardless of water/spikes/nothing we should take an inside door from the tower for a bridge and set it somewhere along tower side of trench. for strength maybe rope 2 together. we should keep a decent sized battlefield for the melee fighters to maneuver in.

Edit: Also, what do you guys think of making a last stance area on the wall? Or if the tower would work best for that?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 08:54 PM
what do you mean?

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 09:01 PM
If we do get overwhelmed it might be better if we were all right next to each other for heals if we get down to just the 3 of us we'd really only have to worry about the stairs so we could bottle neck'm. Again, really just for a worst case situation. But I tend to overthink stuff a lot so just ignore any stupid comments :smalltongue: or call me out on them (constructive criticism isn't taken badly, no worries)

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 09:05 PM
well i plan to spread myself out as thus. me and two minions on the ledge. warlock and two minions on top of the tower.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 09:51 PM
Ok, as long as someone is using the ledge it would be beneficial to put something up there. And I will put 2 archers on the tower and two next to you if you would like. Giddon should probably be closer to melee because he has decent CHA to turn undead. Maybe use him as the bridge keeper? like in the middle somewhere so he can help the ranged units and melee if they need it.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-07, 09:53 PM
On Wounderous Shrinkage
Oh right. Hmm.

Generally every factor of 2 in size is one size category. Technically a -3 size shift to diminutive would be 1/8th original and a -4 shift to fine would be 1/16th original size.

Lets round up in size and say 1/12 size comes out to a -3 size category shrinkage, so a mechanically Medium creature would become mechanically Diminutive.

In addition to the usually size bonus/penalties to attack/ac/carrying capacity (yes, that would be applied) tack on a +4 size change Dex bonus and a -4 size change Str penalty (min 1 before other penalties if any).

Your equipment (excluding the wand of wounder) would change size/weight with you.

Speed: The idea of a mouse-sized creature moving the same speed as before does not sound like RAI. Lets say the size reduction causes the speed to be cut in half, so 30ft base speed -> 15 ft base speed.

Duration: The text seems to imply this is a more extrema version of Reduce Person, so lets say 10 minute duration.

On Fire Wood
Its listed both as 20 lbs and per day. Let's say that's 1cubic foot. (It's probably less if sold, but reasonable when allowing air gaps.)

From personal experience 1 cubic ft (say, 5 logs 2 ft long 4" thick) isn't going to keep a roaring hearth burning for 24 hours, so perhaps "1 day's fire wood" implies the wood needed to cook two meals and maintain a bank of embers for the remainder of the day.

Thus, 120 days of fire wood neatly stacked would make a low wall 3 ft high, 2 ft wide, and 20 ft long. If scattered say, 30 cubic ft would be sufficient to make a 10x10 square "difficult", allowing for converting a 10x40ft area into difficult terrain.

Either option would require no skill. Making craft/profession checks might allow you to stretch the wood further, but would also require time and the risk of destroying your wood on poor rolls.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 10:12 PM
Insane Dribble

lol, rolling a 1 one on profession woodstacking and dropping it on your foot. Then rolling critical and your head explodes!!! epic fail :P.

Anywhos, recapping on chores.

Ghostfacers and I are working on digging.
And as far as I can figure everyone else was helping Cas? So are we going to go with walls or scatter? I'm cool with either, and both seem like good ideas.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 10:29 PM
i dont think putting supplies in would take too long. After that are we going with the wall or difficult terrain?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 10:35 PM
i was thinking a wall. right near the edge of the dirt mound. long range can rain destruction while meleers can go out front/stay there.

thoughts?

edit: only downfall is does it provide any bonuses? and it would take time to restack if knocked down.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 11:07 PM
Deep breath...

ok, been looking at skill checks and they are off putting at best. It would seem our efforts might be fruitless. the trench being only 5 ft wide makes the DC to jump acrossed 5. vertical reach of medium humanoid is 8 ft so 5 ft deep seems like the DC would also be extreamly low. it would be chest high for most humanoid zombies. I'm not sure if they can jump tho??? i think we should greatly increase our digging efforts and get it at least 7.5 ft wide and 10 feet deep, and use excess gound to mound up the tower side so jumping back is a much higher DC. and get a draw brige thing going on Then maybe go with Sanity's "flood it with the lake" idea. I'm sure it being a cave lake it must have a decent water source that just stays at water level. and with the mound bulging up from the other side it would be almost impossible to climb out on that side! being 10 ft deep they at least would have to swim to stay above water, and not being able to reach the top of the mound would make it even harder to get out! If we consintrate on these elements and just leave the wood out of it (good call with the lack of bonuses, just not enough :smalleek:), we should be able to make a sufficient trap where the only escape is climbing the wall!

Excuse any nonsense, was going back and forth through this post. i did reread it and fixed most half sentence mistakes (ALOT!!!). but i'm but a mear mortal, mistakes is my game :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 11:16 PM
mmm but then they still have the wall they can go to. but we can use planks as an improvised weapon at a -2 penalty right?

but if so digging might be the best thing to do.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-07, 11:41 PM
Yeah, that's what it's looking to be. Oh, all of my Archers also have longswords, and being paranoid of weapon breakage I also have 2 more longswords you are more than welcome to use. Also, if we go with this plan, Giddon will definately be right up there with you as melee. OOO!!! and we can just pile the stacks of wood up there and push them over if something trys climbing up at just the right position bwahahaha. But digging will come first :smallbiggrin: Also, swiching sides for digging... Going to start from the southern end and work my way up. and i suppose two 16 hour days of digging will be neccesary for Jack. He'll be able to clear eight 5^3 feet!

Wizibirb
2010-07-08, 12:22 AM
OOC -

I will help digging and I think the idea of connecting it to the lake who ever thought of that was a genius! :smallwink:

so once all of the supplies are in place I will help with the digging.

[roll0] (of the 5 rolls I have made I have not rolled over a 10 :smallfurious: I am so pissed.) I mean a bloody 2.... *goes off to kill something*

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-08, 12:37 AM
Um... I'm almost scared to do this for fear of Sanity hunting down my family and I and slowly and painfully ripping us apart... I'm going to roll digging checks for the archers and Giddon. Forgive me Sanity. And no matter the outcome, ur still the best digger in my eyes :smalleek:

Digging Rolls

Giddon (as profession)
[roll0]

Archers (as str)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Edit: Well besided Giddon, my rolls suck pretty hard too! I might live after all!

Deathslayer7
2010-07-08, 12:49 AM
um should i roll? :smallconfused: That way we each take 8 hour shifts?

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-08, 02:30 AM
Digging...
OOC

Spyder_Cel: knowledge of mathmatics roll
[roll0]
almost forgot the modifier. ONE HUNDRED BAGILLION!!!

i was thinking we all work on it... Its digging, so a combined score would be plausably accurate. Even if you roll a crummy score you still move dirt so there really is no reason a combined score wouldn't be accurate. and with 525 feet^2 of surface area we can all work without getting in each others ways. as things stand now, we need a 7.5x70x10 cubic foot trench. so 5250ft3. plus a 3x3x20 (round about) connecting trough to the lake 180 ft3. total of 5430 ft3. and since esentially the obsidian takes a -5 penalty. to figure that into the mix we just have to assume that there its about twice as hard to work. (ie. DC 10 to 5, and DC 15 to 10, both get halved) so we need to add that area twice trapezoid volume so 10*7.5*((15+10)/2)=937. Which brings the grand total to 6367 ft3. 6367/125=51(5ft cubes)... now the check to accomplish this in 8 hours is 262... not gonna happen. if we split it into two 8 hour shifts it would be 131/shift. currently we are at 108-12(improvised tools)=96. so we need 45 more points right?... wrong, we have 7 more people left and 7 more improvised tools as well adding 14 to the check... so a 62 is needed from Cas and her team plus Sam Wise Gamgee to accomplish this rediculous feet in a total of 16 hours, or we may have to add an hour or so onto everyones shift. no biggy there really. so yes, go ahead and roll and we'll see where that takes us.

ok, just saying. it's 2:30 am here when i got this done. prolly 45 min of work haha. Jack should level up for this :smalltongue: jkjk

Deathslayer7
2010-07-08, 02:39 AM
rolls before modifiers or anything.

[roll0]

me, cohort minions x4

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-08, 02:53 AM
OOC

Made it, and Jared Padalecki (Sam) can sit back with his ice tea, heal our broken nails and cook for us! With all that brouhaha out of the way, the action is that much closer! and sorry for all the OCC posts, i know sometimes that gets on peoples nerves. I'm just used to playing with friends and we incorporate the OOTS humor throughout our games. Just let me know if it get annoying and I'll take it down a category or 4.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-08, 05:17 AM
With more enthusiasm than skill the defenders set to work digging some improvements to their position. Jack, Giddian, and Samuel methodicaly begin moving dirt and together clear 3.5 5x5x5 cubes of earth. Of the minions only the haflings Sandra, Shelly, and She seem to figure out how to make effective use of the improvised digging tools, but their smaller stature limits them to collectively moving only 1 5x5x5 cube of earth.

8 hours latter the defenders now have a trench 5 ft wide and 5 ft running through I-15 to K-15, with the minions having dug a 5ft wide and 2.5 ft deep trench on the other side of the road running from M-15 to N-15.

The group is welcome to continue forced march work longer, or else everyone can get some sleep and resume digging in 8 hours or so.

The time is T -40 hours

----------------------------------------
OK, the only digging path I could find that everyone seemed to agree on on was digging from I15 to O-15.

I'll allow Str checks to be used on Aid Other, but the primary digger needs to be making Proffesion or Wisdom checks.

A low wall provides a +2 AC bonus to anyone adjacent to it and counts as difficult terrain to anyone attempting to cross it. Restacking a 5ft segment would take... 5 full round actions say.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-08, 11:46 AM
Jack

After four hours of labor, Jack begins to see progress. However he is not sure if it will be enough. He keeps digging and waits to decide wether or not he'll be working extra tonight or not. But it's looking to be so, which is alright. He's done his share of 16 hour shifts in his day, and with a healer close at hand he's not too worried. Keep up the good work everyone! We're making good progress.

OOC

ok, it's decent progress but I would like to see it a little wider and a little deeper. Mayhap 7.5x7.5, does everyone agree? And for anyone thinking about a double shift, it would definately be in our best interest to do so the first day. Any ideas on the bridge?

Psionic Dog, what are your thoughts on stacking the dirt to the one side? Would that take any additional time, or can we just be throwing it up there?
When we begin new shifts would you like us to reroll?
Does the lake look like just a collection of water, or might it have a water source that would allow it to fill the trench? If so is there a check to find out?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-08, 12:15 PM
i might go depending on the effects. I suppose we would be fatigued until after 8 hours of rest? :smallconfused:

Wizibirb
2010-07-08, 12:41 PM
While everyone worked sam prepared dinner for everyone.

haha he has to be put to work somehow. Might as well be useful
[roll0] (Profession Chef!) <-----laughs

Dean and the ghostfacers kept digging

Rolls encase they are wanted.

[roll1] <----- plans murder

and I believe (that if it is possible to flood our trench) we are digging from I-15 to I-13 to let the water flood the trench.

and on the bridge subject why not just use planks, or a door? that way the water still flows through.

Wizibirb
2010-07-08, 12:43 PM
sorry for the double post

forgot roles
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-08, 01:43 PM
OOC

Forced March 1.4.5 (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Movement) - not going to be to bad with healers. And yes, using a door was what i was thinking for a bridge. if we do manage to get it wider we can leave the obsidian portion a litter narrower so the door is long enough. And getting one off the hinges sounds like another random job for Chef Sam. that and maybe hauling the firewood up to the wall :P.

How tall are the doors?

Psionic Dog
2010-07-08, 05:31 PM
OOC Remarks
Spyder_Cel:
Remember how I said '4 hours' early on? Well, everyone seemed so sure of themselves I went ahead and made it 8 hours of work. if you wish to revise actions after 4 hours cut the progress listed in half and I'll take the new work plan into account.

I'll say the interior doors are 7.5 ft tall.

Sanity702
How long do your workers keep digging beyond the initial 8 hours? Endurance checks are need per Forced March (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/movement.htm#forcedMarch) rules when working more than 8 hours within a day or between sleep cycles, whichever is less.

Deathslayer7
Are you asking what causes fatigue? Working 8 hours does not automatically cause fatigue. Fatigue is caused be:
• Taking nonlethal damage from a failed forced march check
• Taking nonleathal damage from prolonged hustling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/movement.htm#overlandHustle)
• Taking nonleathal damage from hunger or thirst
• Insufficient sleep in a 24 hour period
• Anything else I've forgot that gives the Fatigued condition such as spells.

If you meant what cures fatigue, then whatever cures the cause will cure the fatigue. Sleep, however much or little is required, is usually enough to naturally heal any fatigue-inducing non-lethal damage while at the same time resetting the clock on daily exertion quotas.

Wizibirb
2010-07-08, 08:45 PM
OOC -

lets make it a 12 hour shift, and if anyone fails there concentration check Sam will heal thus eliminating the fatigue.

so the save will be Dc - 18

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

me -
[roll4]

After the 12 hour shift all my people will eat and rest for 8 hours (thus leaving us with 28 hours, before the first wave? So let us see how much progress we will have made with our first day of work.

Also what was the ruling on whether or not the pond can be used to supply our trench with water?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-09, 01:50 PM
I'll go on for another hour by hour basis until people start getting fatigued. Then whenever they get fatigued, they go to bed.

My warlock will hit the sack now and rest for two hours then come back to dig again.

fort saves (me and then the four minions):
[roll0] DC 10
[roll1] DC 12
[roll2] DC 14
[roll3] DC 16

digging roles:
[roll4]

edit: I'll tell you what all the rolls mean when i have a chance to actually do it. Just got in to work. But i believe four of us pass.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-10, 02:50 AM
Jack, Giddon, and the Archers keep digging also getting heals by Giddon when needbe. For a 12 hours total.

roll Fort save

Jack
[roll0]
Giddon
[roll1]
Archers
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Psionic Dog
2010-07-10, 09:03 AM
On Digging
Using a Str mod is only valid if making an Aid Other Check.
Dean and the Ghostfacers all performed Aid Other Checks.
DC10 = +2 aid bonus, DC 20 = +4
Dean and three of GF's manage to make helpfull use of their brawn.

I'll say they were assisting Giddon, and the Archers.
This being a new half shift, lets give new rolls.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Edit: Oh wait, improvised tools. Take a -2 to the above rolls.
This being a half shift Jack & Archer #4 each move 1/4 cube, Archer #2 moves 1/2 cube.

Dean and the ghostfacers
Next, endurance checks are needed every hour. It looks like Spyder_Cel and Sanity702 only rolled for the last hour, so here are the others 4 3checks.
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
Edit: Ignore last in string, rolled 1 too many

It's worth noting that Divine Casters regain spells once every 24 hours. By default I'm assuming this is last hour of each day, or just before the start of a new day. If your clerics regain at a different time please note that.

On the Pond
The pond holds a little less than 5,000 cubic ft of water. (about 35,000 gallons).

You may drain the pond if you wish, but the pond not being an infinite resource will will shrink even as trenches fill.

The pond surface is currently 1 ft below standard ground level.

Calculations in progress... one moment.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-10, 09:40 AM
More Dice Rolls

Sanity, your guys would have needed 12 Cure Lights to keep everyone fatigue free. Spyder, your guys would have needed 15 Cure Lights to keep everyone fatigue free.

You're both welcome to change your minds and downgrade the amount of healing used, I will only insist that enough was used to prevent anyone from coming within a die roll of passing out.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Edit: Looks like magical curing is optional for everyone.

The Warlock gets back up and does digging while everyone else collapse in bed after their shift.
[roll11]

The defenders work long perpetual night of the muggy cavern sweating out an extra half shift to move just a little extra work. This time Dean and the GhostFaces labor to use their brawn to help speed the work of the others. 4 hours later they stagger off in search of sleep having collectively dug another 5x10 trench segment 2.5 ft into the ground.

At the same time those under the direction of Cas labor just an extra hour or two before heading for sleep. Two of the haflings manage to make some progress, but having only worked a single hour their difference is small.

8 hours latter when the sleepers awake they find Sam and awakened and gone back to work, deepening the previously mentioned segment down to 5ft in depth in an extra shift.

Time: T-28 hours.
Sam has performed 8 hours of labor, everyone else is newly awakened.

Progress to date:
I'm assuming the the group continued work on the berm/wall trench. The defenders now have a trench 5 ft wide and 5 ft deep running through I-15 to K-15, with the trench continuing on the other side of the road running from 2.5ft deep from M-15 to N-15 and 5 ft deep in O-15.

The dirt has been dumped in a 10ft wide mound on the East side of the trench 1/2 as tall as the digging depth.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-10, 08:38 PM
Jack

Exhausted from the extra labor Jack and his group calls it a night. They are all very thankful to have Giddon who exhausted most of his spells this day to get a lot of the work done

OOC

Giddon will use his spells up spontaniously casting his healing spells. He will have 4 cure light wounds, 4 cure moderate wounds, and 3 cure serious wounds.
Use whats needed, just going to roll them all to save time.
Cure Serious Wounds
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Cure Moderate Wounds
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
Cure Light Wounds
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
If there's any left minor is just a 1 anyways.
Also if that somehow dosn't do it, hoping the other healers might get the job done and if not i'll use some wand.

After waking, Jack and his party set out for work again. None seem overly happy about it but they do it all the same.

Jack and Giddon (profession checks, Giddon -2 for improvised tools)
[roll11]
[roll12]
Archers str checks to assist
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-11, 07:26 PM
Cassandra

Good jab Samuel. Go take a rest. He nods and goes in to sleep.

The rest of her party gets back to work.

ooc- i'll let you roll psionic dog.

Wizibirb
2010-07-11, 10:01 PM
DIG! DIG! DIGLET DIG! Sam will dig and all my people will assist....

Psionic Dog
2010-07-12, 06:59 PM
Err, ok.
So... something like this?

Time | Samuel | Deathslayer7 Other | Everyone Else
T-48 | Surveyed | Surveyed | Surveyed
T-47 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-46 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-45 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-44 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-43 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-42 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-41 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-40 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-39 | Eat Food | Dig | Food Break
T-38 | Sleep | Dig | Dig
T-37 | Sleep | Eat Food | Dig
T-36 | Wakes Up | Sleep | Dig
T-35 | Dig | Sleep | Dig
T-34 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-33 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-32 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-31 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-30 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-29 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-28 | Dig | Wakes Up | Sleep
T-27 | Eats Food | Dig | Sleep
T-26 | Sleep | Dig | Wakes Up
T-25 | Sleep | Dig | Breakfast/Meditation
T-24 | Wake Up | Dig | Dig
T-23 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-22 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-21 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-20 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-19 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-18 | Dig | Eats Food | Dig
T-17 | Dig | Sleep | Dig
T-16 | Dig | Sleep | Food Break
T-15 | Eats Food | Sleep | Dig
T-14 | Sleep | Sleep | Dig
T-13 | Sleep | Sleep | Dig
T-12 | Wake Up | Sleep | Dig
T-11 | Eats Food | Sleep | Sleep
T-10 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-9 | Dig | Wake Up | Sleep
T-8 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-7 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-6 | ?? | Dig | Sleep
T-5 | ?? | Dig | Sleep
T-4 | ?? | ?? | Sleep
T-3 | ?? | ?? | Sleeps In
T-2 | ?? | ?? | Wake Up
T-1 | ?? | ?? | Breakfast/Meditation

(("Eats Food" refers less to the physal action of eating and drinking but to minimal time spent on essential mundane daily tasks which may or may not include eating food))

The 48 hour table fits nicely for Sanity/Spyder to have their clerics at a constant daily devotional time, but I wasn't sure if DeathSlayer's characters wanted to start the cycle fatigued from 8 hours of labor or not so I need a little more info there.

Dice coming latter...

Deathslayer7
2010-07-12, 07:48 PM
okay so am i splitting my forces or no? Half for one time, other half for the other time?

Psionic Dog
2010-07-12, 08:08 PM
I don't know, that's why I was asking.

I figure since they had the time they'd probably put at least part of a day's work on the digging projects, but I didn't know if they were planing on splitting up, putting in a full 8 hours, or if they were going to stop early to save energy for fight the undead without danger of fatigue.

When and how long they work is completely up to you.

Speaking of digging, is the plan just to continue widening and deepening what the group already has, or are there plans to dig through the obsidian road and/or to to the pond?

Wizibirb
2010-07-12, 08:30 PM
I think we are going to go ahead and widen and deepen it just a tad followed by trying to dig a trench to the lake if anyone disagrees please speak up.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-12, 09:43 PM
Well if we havn't torn through the obsidian road yet we should probably get that done, but yes as wide/deep as we can posibly get it would be nice. And from what psionic dog said not sure if we can even flood it. probably only get a few feet high. Can anyone summon allegators!?!? Also, best not to be fatigued before battle. Whats done is done, and we'll see where that gets us. Thats my opinion anyways :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2010-07-13, 12:37 AM
should i split my forces three and three or no? :smallannoyed:

Wizibirb
2010-07-13, 01:05 AM
I would assume yes would be a good idea, it looks like that would be the best way to get the most work done

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-13, 01:16 AM
Yeah, splitting them sounds good. Sorry, missed that post.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-13, 01:24 AM
Time | Samuel | Deathslayer7 Other | Everyone Else
T-48 | Surveyed | Surveyed | Surveyed
T-47 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-46 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-45 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-44 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-43 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-42 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-41 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-40 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-39 | Eat Food | Dig | Food Break
T-38 | Sleep | Dig | Dig
T-37 | Sleep | Eat Food | Dig
T-36 | Wakes Up | Sleep | Dig
T-35 | Dig | Sleep | Dig
T-34 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-33 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-32 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-31 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-30 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-29 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-28 | Dig | Wakes Up | Sleep
T-27 | Eats Food | Dig | Sleep
T-26 | Sleep | Dig | Wakes Up
T-25 | Sleep | Dig | Breakfast/Meditation
T-24 | Wake Up | Dig | Dig
T-23 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-22 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-21 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-20 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-19 | Dig | Dig | Dig
T-18 | Dig | Eats Food | Dig
T-17 | Dig | Sleep | Dig
T-16 | Dig | Sleep | Food Break
T-15 | Eats Food | Sleep | Dig
T-14 | Sleep | Sleep | Dig
T-13 | Sleep | Sleep | Dig
T-12 | Wake Up | Sleep | Dig
T-11 | Eats Food | Sleep | Sleep
T-10 | Dig | Sleep | Sleep
T-9 | Dig | Wake Up | Sleep
T-8 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-7 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-6 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-5 | Dig | Dig | Sleep
T-4 | Eats Food | Eats Food | Sleep
T-3 | Sleep | Rest | Sleeps In
T-2 | Sleep | Rest | Wake Up
T-1 | Wake Up | Rest | Breakfast/Meditation

ok i filled myself in. Psionic Dog, I will regain spells at 10am every morning.

Also you cannot fight for more then 8 hours without fatiguing right? Or is that just doing anything? Cause we will only be fighting for 2 hours per wave at max. So if we sleep for four hours then go out to fight again is that okay?

Psionic Dog
2010-07-13, 05:18 PM
On Fagiue, the work of fighting, and partial rest:
Point, the defenders will be spending only a minute or two fighting intensely followed by lots of waiting.

Time spent eating, napping, talking, or otherwise not taking move/standard actions does not count toward 8+ hour work fatigue.

Lets say the defenders spend a minimum of 5 minutes work equivalent defending against each attack, or 20 minutes of work minimum for participating in the defense of a wave. At that it takes 1 hour of work to fight in three waves each day, so unless the group performs digging between waves forced march fatigue shouldn't be an issue.

I'm going to say sleep is an all-or-nothing proposition, so only receiving 4 hours of rest only works if you only need 4 or fewer hours of sleep.

Digging Progress:
No more than 2 creatures may assist a single digger.

Digging Priorities:
Project #1: Widen/deepen trench to 7.5 x 7.5. Requires 10 5x5x5 cube equivalents of earth moved. ((Someone recommended this as the minimal useful size, can't remember who.))
Project #2: Extend through Obsidan Road. Requires 7 5x5x5 cube equivalents of solid rock moved.
Project #3: Dig Connection to pond. Requires 1.5 5x5x5 cube equivlent of solid rock moved
Project #4: Widen/deepen trench more if time allows.

In other news: The group performed 6.25 cubes of earth movement 'yesterday', but I reported the group has having actually moved 9.5 cubes when describing trench dimensions. I'll let you keep the bonus 3.25 5ft cubes of earth mistakenly awarded.

Crew Spyeder:
First 8 hours: With Assitance, Jack 12, Giddon 18. Total dirt moved: 1.5 cubes.

Next 4 hours: Taking 10 for remainder: 2 cubes/8 hours. for 1 extra cube moved for 2.5 cubes of progress total.

Crew Sanity:
Minions assist Sam & Dean, everyone takes 10.
Crew moves 1.5 cubes / 8 hours, or 2.25 cubes total.

Crew DeathSlayer:
Minions assist Cas, moving 0.5 cubes/ 8 hours, moving 0.75 cube of earth total.

Samuel works 3 solo shifts, can't take 10 for any success.
[roll0] < no progress
[roll1] < 0.5 cubes/ 8 hours * 6 hours, call it an extra 0.25 cube moved.
[roll2] whoops, rolled 1 too many.

Total amount of earth moved: 5.75 cubes.
Project Part 1: 58% complete

The defenders draft an ambitious 4 step work plan that calls for moving some 18.5 additional 5ft cubes of earth and rock.

After moving some 5.75 cubes of earth on Day 2 (720 cubic ft) they realize their plan may have been a tad ambitious. Still, they've made measurable progress and if work continued during the invasion they may might finish their project within a week.

A trench stretches from I-15 to O-15, exempting the road. 17.5 ft of the trench has been expanded to 7.5x7.5 ft, the rest is 5x5 ft. The dirt from the trench is in a pile 2.5 ft high on the eastern side.

Jumping the 5ft wide segments up onto the elevated bank is a DC 10 running jump.
Jumping the 7.5ft wide segment up onto the elevated bank is a DC 13 running jump.
Climbing out of the trench is a DC 15 climb of varying height.

Everyone is more or less awake and mostly rested but additional digging will have to wait: for the group hears the first echos of approaching zombies who will arrive in 2d12 minutes!

Time: 00:00

Please state starting locations, the locations of any pre-placed light sources, if any, and any any light sources carried. Also decide as a group if the widened trench segment should be the southern end by the cavern wall or the northern end by the berm.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-14, 12:03 AM
Ok, torch placement: DE67, HI67, LM67, DE1011, LM1011, FG1516, JK1415, FG1920, FG2324, last one will be a floater. Possible in tower, not sure how that works for ranged units in dark if their targets are visable. Also if 2 low light from torches overlap would it create more light (enough to see regular)? If so torch placement: FG34, LM34, CD67, IJ67, FG910, LM910, JK1415, FG1516, FG2122, one floater. (this is just opinional, so feel free to change)

As for position, I will be at H7 upper left. Giddon will be at L11 upper left. Two of my warriors will be at the tower. Samson on the first floor occupying the arrow slit next to the entrance. Eric upstairs in the hallway between room 4 and 6 at that arrow slit. The other two will be over by Cas, Jack's given them orders to do what she says. So I will let her place them (so they're not in your way :smallsmile:).

And in case you want them now,
Initiative rolls:

Jack
[roll0]

Giddon
[roll1]

Samson, Eric, Philbin, Aeris (in that order)
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edit: Go Aeris, keep those 20s comin!

As we hear the zombies approaching in the distance, Jack takes the floater torch and the rod of closure and uses it on the pedestal. Then gives the rod to Cas (being you're going to be the closest high level character to the portal). Then returns to his post at the front lines waiting for the zombies to come.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-14, 01:06 AM
I wont need your warriors but thanks :smallsmile: I wont be in combat, and if zombies get to me, you are not doing your job right. :smalltongue:

Anyway, Ill place an everburning torch at AB 14/15. I'll replace the FG 15/16 with an everburning torch as well FG 19/20. Two torches will each go on the tower floor with a third on the roof. So that's 6 torches used with 4 left. Does anyone want one?

Also, At this point I will use a sunrod to start keeping track of time by every 6hours. It will sit next to the pedestal.

I shall be placed on top of the tower, along with 3 of my units. Samuel will be in D16 along an archer in C16.

Also can we ready actions to cast a spell depending on what we see or no? This is mainly for me.

Either way, my Warlock will prepare an eldritch blast (unless its a ghost) and all my archers will have their bows out.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-14, 01:41 AM
Ok with the torches, I had a better idea for Jack anywhos.

Giddon walks up to Jack a few minutes before combat starts and touches his belt. It starts to shine as if it were a torch!(Light spell, lasts 1 hour) Jack thanks him and Giddon walks back to his post guarding the road path. Philbin will take his spot in room 2 at the arrow slit. Aeris will be in room 4 at the arrow slit looking out on the battlefield. All warriors have bows drawn. Giddon will have a torch close to him.

Wizibirb
2010-07-14, 01:55 AM
Where do you guys think I should be? where ever I am behind me about 10-20 ft will be ghostfacers and sam

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-15, 12:33 AM
I'm thinking somewhere over by me. Actually we can back up around LM11 and the ghostfacers and our clerics can guard the open part of the road. Assisting us when needbe.

Wizibirb
2010-07-15, 01:11 AM
Lets do that Ghostfacers and Sam are on the road and I am in L11

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-15, 01:47 AM
Ok, I'm swiching my position to M11 then and Giddon will be in M13. Both in the upper left corner of the 10x10 square (if that matters).

Psionic Dog
2010-07-15, 04:50 AM
Also can we ready actions to cast a spell depending on what we see or no? This is mainly for me.

No, and no you can't ready actions to attack/cast as soon as they appear. The exact moment of the zombie arrival is always a surprise.

I'll wait a half day longer to see if anything else changes before posting a map and the first zombie attack.

Edit: Performing Equipment audit. A few discrepancies found, but nothing important enough to force revisions in this campaign.

Spyder_Cel, the DM says Jack now has 100 torches rather than the listed 10. We'll say a worried villager gave you a 9sp loan. Torches only burn for 1 hour, so if you were relying on them you'll need the extras.

Now building map...

Psionic Dog
2010-07-15, 07:12 PM
BRAINS!

For several minutes you hear the rumble of approaching monsters, echoed a thousandfold from the depths of the mists, giving the group plenty of warning to move into positions. Even so the echos make it impossible to judge the exact moment of arrival, until [roll0] minutes later a wave of 16 human zombies followed by 4 ghouls suddenly stumbles out of the black mists as the ghouls raise their cry. At least, those of you with low light vision see the ghouls using zombie as unliving meat shields. The rest of you only hear the sudden clarity of footsteps as the hoard moves just beyond the torch light.

BRAINS!

The Map:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC1.png

If anyone has an alternate labeling idea for any map/creature symbols I'll be happy to give a try at improving map clarity.

Edit: OOC
In response to the below question:
Just to be clear, defenders all act. To save time and avoid requiring postings to be in a specific order the Zombie Challenge does not use the initiative system, instead all the attackers act together followed by all the defenders.

The undead have acted, and now all the defenders are assumed to know vaguely where the undead on the map are even if they can't see them, and are free to now act or ready actions accordingly.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-15, 07:30 PM
so it is our turn now since they just moved into the torchlight for those with low light vision.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-15, 08:37 PM
Jack moves forward cautiously with astounding grace and speed (only going about 40 feet). There he waits for the undead hoard to advance.

Giddon loads his Crossbow and waits for the moment a zombie reveals its ugly face to him.

The archers, draw arrows from their quivers, anxious to let them fly as soon as the hoard comes into range.

Edit: Would it be quicker if you rolled for attacks of opportunity, or should we roll them on our next turn and if we do drop them we just ignore damage?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-15, 09:05 PM
Cassandra

I can't see them... Sally tell me what is going on. Sally instantly speaks up. Groups of 4-6 of mostly zombies just out of torchlight range spread about five feet apart. Cas considers this then smiles. All right you know what to do. Sally nods.

She then draws an arrow from her quiver and knocks it, aiming for the square E4 and shoots.
[roll0] AC 10 for a square i believe.

During that time Cas was chanting a spell and weaving her hands in an intricate circle. As the arrow hit and sat there for a moment, Cas closed her eyes her eyes then quickly opened them as they flared red. She aimed her hands at the location of the arrow and watched as flames roared to life surronding the arrow and burning it to ashes.

DC 18 reflex for half damage on the fireball. [roll1]

She then signals the others as they had practiced many times before.

Samuel and the three archers then clean up any remaining zombies from her attack sticking them with arrows.

Sam will yield for now. The other three archers will focus on any remaining zombies alive. DM's discretion.

Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Cas smiles and waits to see how much destruction she caused.

Wizibirb
2010-07-15, 09:16 PM
Dean held his weapon in hand, it was time to do what he did best, he nodded for sam to follow just in case things got hairy, he charged the line of Zombies in front of him, it was time to deal redeath to the undead.

He swung at the nearest undead,

Attack -
[roll0] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll1]

if he drops from either the failed will save or damage I will cleave the nearest zombie

Just in case -
Attack -
[roll2] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll3]

If he drops 5 ft step and cleave the ghoul

Attack -
[roll4] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll5]

let me know if I need to make more rolls :smallcool:

Psionic Dog
2010-07-16, 05:17 AM
{{BOOM}}

In a flash of fire supplied by Cas the 10 human zombies and two ghouls within range all disintegrate into ash. The archers hit twice, but only inflict light damage to a surviving zombie.

Meanwhile with <insert battle cry of choice> Dean outpaces Jack charging 70 ft forward to the undead line, smashing two zombies into a gray paste. (Can't charge and 5ft step on same turn)

Then the zombies move. At the direction of the ghouls the zombies turn and shamble toward Dean, surrounding him. Only one creature, a ghoul, breaks south to O-5 thinking to avoid a fiery death by association: All the others end within melee range, with 3 of the zombies and the other ghoul making attacks.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

For every ghoul attack that hits make a Fort save vs paralysis.

Having played their part the defenders are free to act once more.

Wizibirb
2010-07-16, 11:58 AM
1 fort save and I take 16 damage
and 1 for save
[roll0]

Need to know results before going on

Wizibirb
2010-07-16, 12:09 PM
That should save...

Smiling Dean decides it is time to unleash hell, the satisfaction of what is about to happen sweeps over him. He brings up his war mace and gets to work. He attacks the zombies first then the Ghouls

Attack -
[roll0] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll1]

if he dies cleave to another zombie
Attack -
[roll2] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll3]

If he dies cleave to the final zombie
Attack -
[roll4] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll5]

If he dies cleave to a ghoul
Attack -
[roll6] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll7]

and if he dies cleave to the final ghoul
Attack -
[roll8] if hit must make will save of dc 14 or die.

Damage -
[roll9]

if at any point I don't kill someone I will simply take my second attack at that person
Attack- will save 14 or die
[roll10]

Damage -
[roll11]

Then proceed to cleave with that attack until I fail to drop someone or they

Just a heads up I just forgot it does not give +2 to damage but it adds +2d6 to damage so that's why 5d6

Wizibirb
2010-07-16, 12:11 PM
Confirming crit - Come on max damage!
[roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-16, 01:17 PM
Jack rushes over to the ghoul that broke off and roundhouse kicks him in the chest followed by a right hook.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

If the ghoul is dropped Jack runs toward Dean to help out (with any remaining movement he has).

For this round the Ghoul is has the previlege of overcoming my dodge bonus. I think its only about 25/30 ft to the ghoul so that should leave me with 30/35 ft to get to Dean if he drops.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-16, 01:48 PM
Cassandara looks over the battlefield (assuming she can see it, if no zombies are visible she does nothing.). Looking at it she motions to Sam and the archer to attack the lone zombie that survived her fireball.

Nodding they attack it.

If its dead then any zombie, both attack it.
RTA [roll0] damage [roll1]
Attack: [roll2] [roll3]

Cassandra tells her archers to hold to save arrows.
She then starts chanting and orbs of force appear in front of her. She takes her time and aims at zombies, which send them flying.

Using magic missile. If the fireball zombie is still alive direct 1 to it. If not all 5 will go to a ghoul (if any alive) if not a zombie. This can all happen after sanity and spyder finish their actions.

[roll4] + [roll5]

ooc- i know its a bit of a hassle, but that map does help me a lot. If it could be updated after every zombie round that would be nice but not required. :smallsmile:

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-16, 03:06 PM
Giddon pulls the trigger and lets a bolt fly at the ghoul Jack is attacking, hoping that Jack dosn't get hit by his lack of accuracy.

[roll0] [roll1]

The two archers who are not watching the door also fire at the ghoul. Only they are far more confident about the matter and manage to fire off 2 shots a piece.

[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

ooc: Sorry, forgot to include my minions in my previous post.

Wizibirb
2010-07-16, 03:13 PM
The ghost facers take p defensive positions in front of the trench they all brace themselves for the first Zombie or ghoul that makes it to them, (if any do)

They are all reading an action to trip the first undead that comes near them

Sam held his mace in two hands and moved back to the line of the ghostfacers he also prepared himself should any undead make it to him.

reading an action to attack if undead get near.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-17, 06:47 AM
With a smile and a whirl Dean preforms his version of burial rites on the zombies, pulverizing 4 of them.

Jack turns and moves quickly forward toward the runaway ghoul using his belt lamp to light the way and delivers a vicious blow that almost incapacitates the ghoul, so he holds his position.

Cassandara is the next to take action, directing her supporters to open fire on the last northern zombie. They both hit, but fail to finish off the zombie so Cas uses a magic missile to complete the job. The other missiles close on the uninjured ghoul attacking Dean, giving it the momentary impression of Swiss Cheese before it topples backwards.

Giddon next directs archery at the Ghoul Dean has injured. Minion #2 manages to hit and finish off the already damaged creature destroying the last of the ghouls.

The last two zombies turn and punch Dean.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

OOC Notes:
Sanity702: To avoid infinite attack chains I'm going to rule that Great Cleave does not grant bonus cleaves off successful bonus cleaves hits, limiting Dean to his two primary strikes and with a bonus strike of each for 4 redead zombies.

Spyder_Cel: I'm afraid Jack can only make a single standard action attack when moving, so only the first rolled would have applied.

Deathslayer7: Frequent map updates. Got it. Still, no update this time since there are only two surviving zombies.

No, scratch that. With Cleave the odds of Dean not finishing the job next turn are about nill, so temporal fluctuation intervene preemptively slaying the creatures so we can all quickly move on to the next round.

Without thinking Dean reflexively continues his earlier undead crushing rampage, and suddenly there are no more attackers.

Attack 1, Wave 1 Cleared
Damage Taken: 22 damage
Ammunition fired: 1 bolt, 8 arrows
Spells used: 1 0th level (Light), 1 st level (Magic Missile), 1 3rd level (FireBall)

If every attack was the same (And they won't be) and the group uses the same resources on each they'd take 3,520 points of damage, use 160 0th, 160 1st, and 160 3rd level spells, fire 160 bolts and 1,280 arrows over the next 10 days.

Already the heros hear the rumble of the next attack that will arrive in 2d12 minutes. If the heros wish to take different positions please state so now.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-17, 11:11 AM
Cassandra

Oi! You Idiots! There's no need to take so much damage! Let me deal with them first so it's easier for you! When you get into the middle of things, it makes it harder on me!

And if you can, place the torch a bit closer! I'm having some trouble seeing! she shouts at them from atop of the wall.

ooc- holding position.

Wizibirb
2010-07-17, 12:00 PM
OOC-
But it is not an infinite loop of attacks only for those around me. It also only works if they die. So because they all surrounded me is why I had so many... but if you want to limit it that is fine.

Dean smiles slightly it was after all what he was raised to do. He heard Cas's distant yelling and sighed did she not realize it did not matter how much damage was taken as long as they could heal? He grumbled but did not say anything he instructed the ghostfacers to place a torch where Cas wanted one.

He nodded to sam he shook his head and walked over and cast a healing spell.

Cure moderate wounds
[roll0]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-17, 12:24 PM
ooc- if all the 6/7's torches could move froward five square sand possibly the 10/11's do you think that would be better? :smallconfused:

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-17, 07:00 PM
Jack

Jack grins when he hears Cas shouting and just looks at Dean Spellcasters, he lauphs. You took those abominations out quickly, but perhaps she has a point. We should try to get them in range for the archers so we have some backup. And who knows, maybe this time I might get the opportunity to be attacked myself. He turns back towards the tower, PHILBIN, SAMSON, POST UP BY SAMUEL AT THE LEDGE THERE. I DONT THINK WE NEED TO WORRY ABOUT WATCHING THE ENTRANCE JUST YET.

The two archers on the 1st floor gather their arrows and head up to G15. Jack begins moving the torches 30 ft closer to the zombie entrance (same horizontal, but vertically at 3/4 and 7/8).

ooc: I thought 3 squares might be enough, if not we can move them more. Also, shouldn't the torches be 20ft radius, not 15? Not a huge deal, but might help a bit.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-18, 05:37 PM
Now generating new map.

Torches are indeed 20ft radius (my bad) so moving torches 5ft to give the 15ft illumination shift as suggested by Spyder_Cel.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wizibirb
2010-07-18, 06:43 PM
Question are we limiting great cleave end of story? I don't see how its any different than fireballing a mass of people. ((just wondering with the mass amount of skeletons we are going to be facing))

Psionic Dog
2010-07-18, 06:47 PM
Edit: Fire Ball requires a spell slot and time to recover, while cleave could be used any time. Lets go with the limited interpretation: I don't want to leave myself open to a single melee standard attack destroying 8 skeletons.

With a new rumble a new wave of undead approach and with a rush 10 minutes later the finaly emerge nearly flying out of the mists far faster than the tired zombies ever moved.

A full Two dozen human skeletons lead the charge, followed by a huge fiendish viper!

Map:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC2.pngDid I get the torches adjusted correctly?

Deathslayer7
2010-07-18, 06:59 PM
i believe so. :smallsmile:

Cassandra

BACK UP! Focus on the viper! she yells to those down below as well as to her own team. She then pulls out a pinch of sand from her pouch and throws it into the air in a straight line giving it a blow when she sees that the two closest people to the wall back up. Instantly a wall of fire appears right in front of the skeletons.

Casting Wall of Fire. No saving Throw. Double Damage to Undead. Also need to roll for caster level. [roll0]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-18, 07:05 PM
Cassandra Con.

CL 11. [roll0] damage to undead (already doubled). Those within 20 feet including snake and any allies still in range take [roll1]

Any creature that crosses the wall takes 2d6+11 damage (no save). Double for undead. Walls lasts for concentration+11 rounds. Covers all the way from A7 to O7.

As the wall goes up, her achers and Samuel focus on the viper pegging it with arrows and an eldritch blast.

Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]

RTA: Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-18, 07:07 PM
sorry for the triple post. :smallredface:

Crit confirm for Eldtrich Blast:

RTA: [roll0] [roll1]

edit: if we kill this snake, does the body remain? :smallconfused: Cause if so, I have an idea..... :smallbiggrin: Just not sure if we can drag it.

Wizibirb
2010-07-18, 07:46 PM
The ghostfacers move to the bridge (K-15/L-15) Sam does as well however he goes behind the ghostfacers, who all ready an action to trip the first undead that crosses their paths .

Dean moves to the bottom left of L-14 and readies an action ((attack the first zombie to get near me.))

((also my heal should of been +1 since I forgot about my healing domain which gives me a +1 caster level on healing spells so it should of healed, 14 instead of 13))

Psionic Dog
2010-07-19, 06:59 PM
The Automatic Skeleton Cremation effect function exactly as advertised: with a loud his and resounding death rattle the skeletons shake like maracas in the heat before crumbling to dust.

The snake however is of tougher stuff and attempts to ford the wall
[roll=2d6+11[/roll]
[roll0] (anything not a 1 works)

Psionic Dog
2010-07-19, 07:02 PM
*ehm
[roll0]

*sigh*

The snake shurgs off most of the arrows (DR 5/magic) and resists the fire (Fire Resistance 5), but soon discovers the true heat at the walls center is too much. Already weakened by the critical eldritch blast the snake only makes it half way through the wall before succumbing to the heat and beginning to slowly char.

Any body parts or equipment from the attackers linger for 6 hours before dissolving back into mist.

Attack 2, wave 1 cleared
Edit: Resources used: 1x L4 Spell (wall of fire), 1x L2 (Cure medium)

Next attack arrives in 2d12 minutes.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-19, 08:03 PM
Cassandra

Cassandra laughs manically. That's how its done boys! she says laughing at them.

Wizibirb
2010-07-19, 08:06 PM
Dean could not help himself, damn shes, crazy.... Maye I ought to think about hunting her afterwords...

Psionic Dog
2010-07-20, 05:04 AM
Maybe this will be more of a challenge...
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Edit, or not.

IF at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Once again skeletons rush from the misty depths intent only on crossing the cavern quickly leaving no survivors.

See previous map, but with 4 human skeletons each in G, H, I -6 instead of having a snake.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-20, 11:34 AM
Cassandra

Cassandr mutters about nasty nasty skeletons and whether or not she should use the same trick again. Deciding against it, she pulls out a bit of clay quickly molds it into a shape of a person, bigger then normally. Who wants a bigger sword? she asks, again amused. Upon response, she squishes the molding into a ball

ooc- casting enlarge person on whoever wants it. +2 str -2 dex, -1 to hit, -1AC 10ft reach. Would be better for who ever has the higher dex but meh. Lasts for [roll0] minutes.

Wizibirb
2010-07-20, 03:24 PM
I am willing to take the enlarge person, me with reach... seems deadly :smallamused:

Waiting to see who death decides to cast it on.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-20, 03:34 PM
sure you. :smallsmile:

Wizibirb
2010-07-20, 03:56 PM
taking a 5ft- step forward to m-10 and reading an action to attack the first zombie that comes within reach,

also please note I have reach and as such will be using AoO when I get to :smallamused:. I will allow you to roll if you want.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-20, 06:27 PM
ooc: Ok, it's good to see i wasn't missed. Went home for a baptism Sunday and was only suppose to be a 1 day thing... Sis got rushed to the hospital thinking she was gonna deliver 2 months early :smalleek:. Of course my parents don't have internet. Sorry for the tardyness.

Jack

Jack moves up in front of the middle rank about ten feet from the skeletons that are now where the snake was and waits for them to make their move (H8).
The archers open fire at the skeletons. The two on the second floor fire off 2 arrows a piece at the bottom rank (the skeleton on bottom O and upper J).

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

The archers that moved to *G15* after wave 1 :smalltongue:... shoot at the edge skeletons on the upper rank (in A and F).

[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

Giddon saves his ammo knowing that this things are going to get harder and he is more or less wasting the ammo anyway. He has his longsword and shield out and waits patiently by the Ghostfacers.

ooc: Yes, agreed with the AoO. It would probably be faster if you rolled mine as well (3/round), at +9 with 2d6+2 dmg.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-20, 06:31 PM
Confirm Crits

First (2nd tower archer)
[roll0]

Second (first berm archer)
[roll1]

edit: Thats what happens when you roll 2 20s in one post...

Psionic Dog
2010-07-20, 07:22 PM
Despite the skeletal resistance to arrows the archers are skilled and manage to bring down three two of the creatures (1 off the bottom rank, 1 off the top). The other 33 human skeletons continue their advance.

*RUMBLE RUMBLE CLATTER CLATTER RUMBLE*

If Jack was hoping to have a target rich environment his wish has been granted. 15 of the creatures swarm about his position, although only 7 are able to attack.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]

Dean also manages to attract a bit of attention, as one by one seven skeletons charge him, although only 6 would have managed to attack had they survived the charge. ((Make your readied attack + one AoO. If both destroy skeletons ignore the last listed attack))

[roll14] [roll15]
[roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19]
[roll20] [roll21]
[roll22] [roll23]
[roll24] [roll25]

The others assorted skeletons continue more or less in straight lines.

Map Update
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC3.png
Add +1 skeleton attacking Dean. Forgot that the '12' wouldn't have hit the AC 13 skeletons (they don't have any equipment)

Wizibirb
2010-07-20, 07:41 PM
Dean smiles and goes to work destroying the skeletons.

attack - [roll0]
damage - [roll1]
cleave
attack - [roll2]
damage- [roll3]
attack II -[roll4]
Damage - [roll5]
cleave II
Attack II - [roll6]
Damage - [roll7]

He then takes a 5 ft step back reading himself for more AoO

The ghostfacers swarm the undead two of them tripped the undead while the other two struck out.

MTA 1 - [roll8] (for trip)
MTA 2 - [roll9] (for trip)
Trip 1 - [roll10]
Trip 2 - [roll11]

the other two attack
Attack 1 - [roll12]
Damage - [roll13]

Attack 2 - [roll14]
Damage - [roll15]

Sam casts a healing spell on dean knowing he would need more health so that he could go help the others.

[roll16]

OOC- spyder get out of their

Deathslayer7
2010-07-20, 11:47 PM
Cassandra

Oh Dear, I should help them. she says to herself, seeing the predicament Samuel is in. She lifts up the rod she is holding and taps it twice. Let's see what this baby can do. Everyone fire before I do this. It can be unreliable at times.

Everyone drops their bows and draws their slings. They then aim at the toppmost skeleton and fire away. Sam fires as well, his blast hitting two different skeletons.

attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1]
attack: [roll2] damage: [roll3]
attack: [roll4] damage: [roll5]
attack: [roll6] damage: [roll7]

RTA: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
*Using Eldritch chain which deals half damage to a target up to 30 feet away
RTA: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] (take half of this if it hits)

After everyone is done, Cas uses the rod. Seeing what I roll.
[roll12]
[roll13]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-20, 11:51 PM
Cassandra Con.

A Lightning bolt shoots out of her wand in a 70ft straight line, 5ft wide. I'll avoid anyone in the way, and ill let you determine if it hits 1 or 2. :smalltongue:

[roll0] DC 15 ref for half

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-21, 12:51 AM
OOC: Are we rolling our own AoO then?

AoO
First 3 zombies that entered my threat range.
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Jack
Jack easily avoids all of the attacks made against him weaving back and forth with such grace and power and swings at the first 3 unlucky stacks of bones that tried attacking him. Then while the others recoiled from their failed attempts he strikes the one who is straight south of him with a powerful kick.

[roll6] [roll7]

Cleave (if it drops the one)
[roll8] [roll9]

After he finishes with his own attack he moves closer to Dean with such grace and confidence he has little worry about attacks as he passes (AC 28 vs. AoO). Moves to K8.

Giddon AoO
[roll10] [roll11]

Giddon attacks an oncomming skeleton on the charge, recoils, then attacks again if there is one left (moving if necesary, only if one of the 2 next to the bridge).
[roll12] [roll13]

The Archers wait. After seeing their arrows pierce the ribcage and seeming doing little or no damage they find saving their ammo for more fleshy creatures would be best. However, they remain arrows drawn and watching close that no skeletons get through. The two archers on the put away their bows and draw their longswords and wait.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-21, 09:29 PM
OOC: Sure, roll your own AoO. I don't think Giddon had an AoO, and by the time the ghostfacers finished he didn't have a target either. I'll say Cassandra fries two skeletons.

*Crunch Crunch*
*zap-fry*
"Choppity Chop"
*kerSmash, kerSmash Smash*

In seconds 9 more skeletons have stopped moving. Unfortunently, that leaves 25 blood thirsty skeletons.

Jack moves with graceful assurance, but there are still a rather large number of skeletons to be had and one might get lucky.

[roll0]
Skells hit on a natural '20', see damage if any hit. [roll1] [roll2]

Dean, your destroyed two skeletons. Since they only charged one at a time there was nothing extra to cleave. This time however the entire mass 5-ft steps after you, which while avoiding an AoO does permit a cleave on the readied swing.

Each skeleton makes two claw attacks, for ever skeleton slain by the readied swing ignore two claw attacks of the bottom.
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18]

Jack slips away, but his crowed follows. He even succeds in attracting one undead off Dean's crowd. That one makes a full attack, and three of his old friends make charge attacks. The others simply crowed around try to get close.
[roll19] [roll20] [roll21] [roll22]
[roll23] [roll24] (got flank bonus)
[roll25] [roll26]
[roll27] [roll28]

And finally to the far north seven skeletons gain the berm and start climbing.
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]

Lattest Map
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC4.png

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-21, 11:58 PM
Jack

Jack seems a bit shocked that such a meager creature actually hit him, but brushes off the pain and sets up for their next attack. Again, he gets a few swings in on the oncoming swarm.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Then they start their assult on him, he's smiling the whole time as they swing and miss. Two come close to landing hits, but he quickly leans back so far you would be almost sure he would fall backwords. Then recoils and attacks again, a single shot at the closest skeleton.

[roll6] [roll7]

He then proceeds to his old tricks and darts around them dropping south in a wide semi circle ending up between the 2 furthest torches (upper left K6). Fallow the birdie you mindless bagabones, and try to keep up! It is obvious that he is enjoying himself in this battle, and his cocky toned voice further proves the fact.

Giddon
He waits with the Ghostfacers. He makes a motion to help the people on the berm, but he stills himself after analyzing he is far to slow to make it up there and they should be able to handle it.

Archers
The two in the windows see the skeletons climbing the berm. They no longer hold still their bows. They realize their comrades might be in danger and the off chance they deal damage to their opponents might be the deciding factor in in life. They both fire two arrows a peice, aiming for the two on the "DE" line.
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

The two on the berm with are glad they've drawn their longswords, they attack the two skeletons closest to them.

[roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19]

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-22, 12:12 AM
OOC: Really sorry for the double post.
Jacks Cleave attempt
[roll0] [roll1]

Edit: Oh, not that it matters too much this battle but would it be easier if my dodge bonus applies to my first attacker so I don't have to declare it every round? Unless I declare it on a boss or something of course.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-22, 04:48 AM
OOC
Spyder_Cel, I didn't think to ask before but how is Jack getting AoO?

It looks like he only has a 5ft in which case non of the skeletons threaten by virtue of movement.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-22, 10:29 AM
OOC:

Ok, just reread AoO in Players Handbook... Whenever my friends and I play we thought it was whenever someone leaves or enters a threatened square (in our defense it is easy to skim over stuff in that book). And I usually go with a caster on OOTS so it never came up. I guess knowing truely is half the battle. Sorry about that, just ignore all of the AoO attacks. Feeling kinda stupid right now :smalltongue:.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-23, 12:50 AM
sorry no action tonight. I'll try to get it up by tomorrow morning, but if i cant then afternoon at the latest.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-23, 11:40 AM
Cassandra

Cassandra draws her hands in the air forming the circles of force again. She'll let them fly at the skeletons closeest to Sam and her archer. Afterwards, Same will pull out a wand and wing it wildly around before he makes his own beads of force appear. Both then proceed to slaughter mercilessly. The archers wait until both are done before aiming and shooting their bullets.

sending 1 magic missile to each skeleton already damaged and an extra one i believe to an undamaged one

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

Samuel is taking 10 on his UMD. Note: if a skeleton is near him within a 5ft step, he will take that 5 step to it and make a melee touch attack against him. He will then also proceed to cast his wand. If not, he will take a 5ft step back along with the archer there.

MTA:[roll5] Damage [roll6]
His magic missile will be spread too. Sending two to an undamaged one and one to the damaged one.

[roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

Arhcers will then shoot any remaining skeletons.
Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12] Damage: [roll13]
Attack: [roll14] Damage: [roll15]
Attack: [roll16] Damage: [roll17]

Wizibirb
2010-07-24, 02:01 AM
Sorry for the long drought in no post (I have been slacking in all my games)
Dean attacks all the skeletons that are possible.

Meanwhile the Ghostfacers race towards the trenches all of them attacking the skeletons within the trench.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-24, 06:49 AM
Dean Does Stuff
First, apologizes for misreading your previous turn. I ment to say that Dean shattered two skellies on the readied action and AoO and somehow misread the turn as reading another action rather than a full attack. Dean should have slain 4 more for a total of six that turn.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Psionic Dog
2010-07-24, 07:58 AM
It wasn't long before the defenders began to work up a mild sweat with their rough and tumble dance, but a broken femur there and sundered spine there, and suddenly there weren't enough skeleton partners for everyone anymore as the cruch of dried bone breaking under foot soon quickly exceeded the cricket chorus and water drip symphony for the background tone.

AoO vs Jack
[roll0]
[roll1] [roll2]

The two surviving skeletons on the berm move to engage:
D15 attacks Samuel
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]

F15 attacks a minion.
[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]

On the battle plane three skeletons charge Dean, one getting destroyed by an AoO, but the other two close for an attack:
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]

The other skeletons continue after Jack, with 5 making attacks
[roll15] [roll16]
[roll17] [roll18]
[roll19] [roll20]
[roll21] [roll22]
[roll23] [roll24]

Only 11 skeletons remain, and the defenders act again.

Map Update
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC5.png

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-24, 09:49 AM
Jack
Jack unleashes a flurry of fist punches on an unharmed skeleton.
Flurry of Blows
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Cleave
[roll6] [roll7]

Giddon waits.

Minions
The two on the berm attack. If the one closest drops, then next guy will move to the other one. The archers in the tower wait.

[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

Wizibirb
2010-07-25, 12:12 PM
attack the two skeletons
then move towards Jack but stop 15 ft away.

The ghostfacers and sam will go after the two skeletons in the trench Sam will cast searing light at the skeleton who is damaged the least
[roll0]
or
[roll1] if they are particular vulnerable to sunlight.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-25, 04:23 PM
Rod of Wonder go!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathslayer7
2010-07-25, 04:29 PM
Cassandra

Look out Jack! she shouts down to him. As she does, she points the rod in his direction. A bolt of lightning comes blasting out and hitting the skeletons to his his right. Oh... I'm glad I didn't hit him. she says softly so only her halflings can hear her.

[roll0] DC 15 ref for half.

Samuel also takes a 5ft step back and blasts the skeletons on him and Sally.

Chaing Eldritch Blast
RTA [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Chains to second skeleton
RTA [roll3] Damage (half of this) [roll4]

If the skeleton is still alive up top, the halfling will finish it off, if not, they all help Jack out.

two shots on two skeletons each, unless the one on the berm is still alive.
Attack:[roll5] Damage: [roll6]
Attack:[roll7] Damage: [roll8]

Attack:[roll9] Damage: [roll10]
Attack:[roll11] Damage: [roll12]

Psionic Dog
2010-07-25, 07:50 PM
The ghostfacers and sam will go after the two skeletons in the trench Sam will cast searing light at the skeleton who is damaged the least
[roll0]
or
[roll1] if they are particular vulnerable to sunlight.

None were in a trench, although two were on top of of the berm...

*calculating skeleton survivors*

Dean quickly destroys his two skeletons (hits on anything other than nat 1) and Jack destroys three of his.

Samuel lets loose an aching blast which destroys both of the skeletons on the berm, even as Cassandra fries the three skeletons north of Jack. Only one skeleton remains, but Casandra's haflings manage to bring it down on their third sling attack.

Sam still has his searing light spell for use in another round.

Attack 3 Wave 1 cleared!
Final attack in this wave arrives in 2d12 minutes.

Edit: Attack 3 Expendables:
11 sling stones, 14 arrows, 1 magic missile wand charge
2 L1 arcane spells, 1 L2 divine spell, 1 L3 divine spell

Wizibirb
2010-07-25, 09:26 PM
I really need to learn to read the map better.

after this round two ghostfacers will go to the berm and be in their to help out the other minions

Psionic Dog
2010-07-27, 04:22 PM
Alright, I guess everyone else holds constant position.

[roll1] [roll=1d12
Edit: RL d12 substitute says '12'

And the Zombie Marathon Grind continues!

With another rumble yet another dozen human skeletons come trotting out of the mists, followed by two kobold ghosts gliding 30ft up in the air. Since this is only 9 minutes after the last wave I think Dean is still enlarged.

The Ghosts each cast a spell:
Spellcraft DC 16
Mage Armor

Map
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC6.png
'S' is for Skeleton, 'G' for Ghost. The ghosts are fly 30ft up in the air.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-27, 08:46 PM
Cassandra

spellcraft [roll0]

This is what we were sent here to do Samuel! she shouts off to him. Archers hold fire! You people down there! Take care of the skeletons!

She then starts casting a spell for preperation.
ooc- casting true strike.

Samuel pulls out a wand and watches the energy build up inside it. Then he points it at the ghost nearest to him. Tiny beads of force fly into the ghost.

Using reckless wand wielder and expending an additional charge to raise it by 2, i.e. gain another magic missile.

[roll1] instead of the normal 4d4+4.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-28, 02:25 AM
Jack
Jack sees the the incoming horde, and quickly runs to the middle. He goes to I6-7 and waits for the oncoming wave to attack.

Giddon and the archers wait...

Wizibirb
2010-07-28, 03:09 AM
Dean takes up a defensive stance, he hoped cas knew what she was doing. He moved to l-8/9

He turns slightly and speaks to Jack.

Why do I have an uneasy feeling about this? He readied himself to lash out at the first undead that got near him.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-28, 07:26 PM
The magic missiles fly forth, but the tattered ghost manages to retain cohesion and continue flying forward.

The vast majoriy of the skeletons turn and charge the two melee warriors.

Those of you who readied attacks may take them, and Dean may make an AoO as well. ((Deduct any destroyed skeletons from the attackers. They are considered to be attacking one at a time, so no cleave on readied/AoO this time))

Skellies attacking Jack:
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

Skellies attacking Dean:
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]
[roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19]

The tattered ghost closes with the defenders and lets loose frightful moan.
(Dean and Jack, make a DC 15 will or become panicked as a Sonic Fear Mind affect)

Dean and Jack also get a Bad Feeling about looking at the Ghost. Anyone within 30ft of a Ghost who meet the Ghost's Gaze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#gazeAttacks) must make a DC 15 Fort save or have Bad Things happen. Note that shutting eyes also makes you blind to all those skeletons too...

The other ghost and two of the skeletons continue forward, with the northern ghost cast a casual Magic Missile of its own at the Warlock.
[roll20]

Map.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC7.png
The southern ghost is at +20 ft. The northern is at +30 ft.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-28, 08:16 PM
Cassandra

Mage armor won't help you against me Ghosty! Cassnadra shouts.

She puts her hands in a ball formation and concentrates. Slowly a spinning mass of air forms in between her hands, but not like air. It seemed to push air out of the way.

Spotting the skeletons heading toward Sam and Sally, she motions with her head. Get them. Returning her focus back to the ghost, she then adds the red glow surronding her to the ball of force in her hands, giving it a blueish color. Eat me. she says sending it flying at the closest ghost to her.

RTA: [roll0] [roll1] force damage. Casting Orb of Force.

Samuel continues his magic missile battle with the ghost!

using 1 charge. [roll2]

The halflings focus fire on the skeletons. Two on each.

attack: [roll3] damage [roll4]
attack: [roll5] damage [roll6]
attack: [roll7] damage [roll8]
attack: [roll9] damage [roll10]

Wizibirb
2010-07-28, 08:27 PM
will save-

[roll0]

fort save -

[roll1]

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-29, 01:59 AM
Jack

Will [roll0]
Fort [roll1]
ooc: also, what are the rules for tied atk ve ac? full/half/no damage?

(If able)

Jack attacks an unarmed skeleton with a full round flurry. Lets finish these weaklings quick, the ghosts are off putting.

[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Cleave if applicable
[roll8] [roll9]

Giddon

Giddon immediately focuses on the ghost closest to Jack. He mutters quiet whispers with his hand folded in front of him (sword clutched in the middle), and a bright beam of light flies at the ghost.

Searing Light
ranged touch attack
[roll10] [roll11] If particularly weak against light [roll12]

The minions!

The two on the berm wait with their long swords still drawn from the last battle (the one in the back moving up next to his companion at the edge). The two arching from the tower also wait, seemingly disappointed at their lack of usefulness against their undead foes.

Psionic Dog
2010-07-29, 06:12 AM
((If an attack roll equals the AC it hits.))

Dean flees in panicked terror, after taking his readied action and AoO.
[roll0] (hits on anything not 1)

Cassandra is quick to follow, hurling a glowing orb of force into the injured uninjured ghost molesting the melee warriors, shattering the creature into an incorporeal mist that soon fades.

Samuel quickly proves his magic is stronger, finally shattering his chosen ghost, leaving Giddon with no ghostly target for his rays of light again.

Jack gets to work on his skeletal horde, crumbling his 4 chosen punching bags into dust.

The haflings open fire, and score one hit each damaging but not destroying the skeletons.

The two forward skeletons advance to the berm and start climb up to C-15 just below the defenders.
[roll1]
[roll2]

AoO vs the panicked Dean: (flee to L14?)
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]

The surviving skeletons mob Jack
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]
[roll17] [roll18]
[roll19] [roll20]
[roll21] [roll22] [roll23] [roll24]

Defenders go.

Spyder_Cel
2010-07-29, 09:16 AM
Jack

Jack weaves and dodges all incoming blows and goes to back to work on the skeletons after taking a quick worried glance over at Dean.
Flurry
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
Cleave
[roll6] [roll7]

Giddon holds back his spell last second as the ghosts vanish.

The minions on the berm attack the 2 skeletons that climbed up with their longswords.
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

Wizibirb
2010-07-29, 12:40 PM
rolling for how long I am panicked

[roll]2d4[/rolls] <----oops

Wizibirb
2010-07-29, 12:41 PM
[roll0] sorry about that

Deathslayer7
2010-08-01, 02:42 AM
sorry for the wait on me.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathslayer7
2010-08-01, 02:45 AM
Cassandra will aim without getting anyone, if not possible, she'll just aim off the side to prove she is awesome like that.

Samuel will chain eldtrich the two skeletons.

RTA: [roll0] [roll1]
RTA: [roll2] [roll3] (half damage to second one)

if any alive, archers will shoot it (only the two on the berm).

attack: [roll4] [roll5]
attack: [roll6] [roll7]
attack: [roll8] [roll9]
attack: [roll10] [roll11]

Psionic Dog
2010-08-01, 08:19 PM
DM is currently on vacation.

The original plan was to have multiple games who could direct the monsters for each-other under the assistance of myself and a Co-DM, but my Co-DM(s) are absent and the other two games appear to have died.

If any of my other players/Co-DMs wish to run the monsters in my absense, go for it. Otherwise I'll be back to updating the grind progress in a week, give or take a day.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-06, 01:40 AM
im ok with waiting. i'm not really in a rush. i'll still be here when you get back. :smallsmile:

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-06, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I'll stick around too. Just start it up again whenever and I'll get an email.

Wizibirb
2010-08-07, 01:04 PM
I am in as well, just without a computer :smallfrown:

It dead... It died a very bad death. :smallfrown:

Psionic Dog
2010-08-09, 05:41 PM
Ok, I'm back. Thanks for waiting. :smallsmile:

Sorry to hear about your comp Sanity. :smallfrown:

On the berm the defenders busy themselves, with one of the longsword welding minions bashing in one skeleton with Samuel frying the other in a blast of elderitch energy.

Jack continues his dual with the skeletons, smacking three more down. The other three however are all too eager to continue the dance.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

Of the attackers only three skeletons remain, all attacking Jack.

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-10, 09:08 PM
Jack
Jack shakes off all the attacker's attempts and goes to work himself.

Flurry of Blows
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
Cleave
[roll6] [roll7]

Deathslayer7
2010-08-11, 12:36 AM
Cassandra leaves it at that, knowing the others can take care of it.

Wizibirb
2010-08-11, 01:19 AM
Dean continues to run around like a chicken without a head.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-11, 06:01 AM
Attack 4 Wave 1 Cleared

Wave 1 Cleared

(statistics coming later)

Jack finishes of the last of the skeletons, and Dean soon calms down as silence decends once more on the cavern. Eventually the crickets resume their song to the beat of dripping water and you realize with certainty that you have survived the first wave of the zombie uprising marathon grind. Only 39 more waves to go before the threat is vanquished.

The defenders have about 5 hours before the next wave (6H - (duration wave 1)) to spend as they see fit in preparation for the next assault.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-14, 07:25 PM
Attack 4 Stats:
3x Magic Missile charges used
19 damage taken
4 sling stones used
1x L4 spell (Orb of Force) used.

Wave 1 Stats:
Damage taken: 56
Ammunition Fired: 1 bolt, 22 arrows, 15 sling stones
Wand charges: 4x magic missile
Spells: 1x L0 divine, 3x L1 arcane, 1x L2 divine, 1x L3 divine, 1x L3 arcane, 2x L4 arcane
(I think I've totaled everything right...)

If every attack is like the first the group will take an additional 2,184 points of damage, fire an additional 1,482 assorted pieces of ammunition, and cast 351 spells (of which 195 would be 3rd+) and use another 156 magic missile charges.

However, every wave won't be this easy. The next wave contains a Mini Boss on either the 2nd or 3rd attack.

With time the group sees to their wounds as the regular torches slowly fade and burn out. If you have any preparations to make in the downtime declare them now: Tomorrow the next undead uprising wave starts.

Wizibirb
2010-08-14, 10:51 PM
Sam is going to heal everyone and then head to sleep.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-14, 11:00 PM
Samuel will dig two hours then sleep two hours and be rested before the next fight. Halflings will gamble in the meantime between themselves. :smallbiggrin:

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-14, 11:58 PM
Yes, Giddon can help with heals, Jack can heal himself then those two will rest, and the minions can post watch and seal the gate when needed.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-15, 01:21 PM
should one of our melee warriors hit the sack now or no? :smallconfused:

Psionic Dog
2010-08-15, 05:26 PM
Healing...
I *think* I've got this right:
Dean: is down 15 points
Jack: is down 12 points
Samuel: is down 2 points

Are Sam, Giddon, and Jack all resting? :smallconfused:

Also, are the burnt torches being replaced or not?

Deathslayer7
2010-08-15, 05:52 PM
Healing...
I *think* I've got this right:
Dean: is down 15 points
Jack: is down 12 points
Samuel: is down 2 points

Are Sam, Giddon, and Jack all resting? :smallconfused:

Also, are the burnt torches being replaced or not?

the sunrod will be replaced on the clock every six hours by Samuel or the halflings. As to the torches. idk. That's up to them.

I would say light them up before the wave starts or so.

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-15, 06:49 PM
Jack will use his wholeness of body to heal his 12 points (save the spells for since they can heal anybody). He can stay awake, and so can Giddon I suppose, he has most of his spells left.

Giddon cure light wounds (gonna post a couple, he obviously stops when dean and sam are fully healed). Sam can save his spells for now and we can start alternating clerics after a while.

Cure light wounds
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

edit: Looks like only 3 were used, and Jack has 6 healing points left with his wholeness of body.

Wizibirb
2010-08-15, 11:16 PM
Ok that sounds like a plan, however sam has already cast a few spells so should he not be healing then resting instead. Up to you though, and this next wave (the one with the boss at least) I will be using me awesome abilities. IE Rage and power surge.

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-16, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm not opposed to Sam resting... I think it's a good idea, better to see how alternating clerics works in the lower waves then finding out the hard way later on. We'll just adjust accordingly :smallbiggrin: Also if we do that, Sam might as well us up his spells instead of Giddon to heal current wounds then.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-16, 12:41 AM
I would like to note that my Samuelw ill not require healing since he got the equivalent of 8 hours of rest and healed naturally.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-16, 05:26 AM
Reminder that one of the original house rule restrictions is that creatures can gain the benefits of rest no more than twice in 24 hours.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((Edit: Those Skeletons really like y'all eh?))

BRAINS! FEED US BRAINS!

As the defenders whatch another skeleton horde comes marching out of the mist to a cheerful marching tone. There are 4 ghouls, each leading/following six skeletons.

Each grouping consists of three skeletons in an open formation (5ft spacing) in the lead followed 10ft back by three skeletons in closed formation followed by the ghoul.

Sorry I don't have time for a map now, but I'll try to have one up later.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-18, 05:41 PM
Oh, right. You guy's like the maps.

Map
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x184/sublightrun/Battle%20Maps/ZombieBattleFieldC8.png

Wizibirb
2010-08-18, 05:46 PM
Question pefore I post.

If i ready an action to attack the second zombie that comes within range does that mean I get a cleave attempt at the first?

If So I will ready an action to attack the third zombie that comes within the range. ((Two cleave attempts correct?))

Psionic Dog
2010-08-18, 06:07 PM
Yes to the first. Cleave is not restricted from functioning on readied swings that I'm aware of.

No to the second. Improved Cleave grants a bonus cleave strike on every original attack that downs an enemy, but we decided that successfully cleaves can't trigger other cleaves. You've been generally getting two cleave attempts since you've been making 2-attack full attacks.

Wizibirb
2010-08-18, 06:24 PM
Then honestly improved cleave is a wasted feat, you wouldn't by any chance allow me to switch it out would you?

and Then my readied action is to attack the second enemy that comes within reach.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-18, 09:27 PM
Alli

Alli stares at the mass of skeletons and ghasts... again.

Sighing she once more pulls out the sand and blows.

Casting Wall of fire right in front of them. I'll let you figure out damage.
CL: 9+[roll0]

Spyder_Cel
2010-08-19, 01:41 AM
Giddon will run up to Jack and cast light on his belt again.

And how long is the firewall, is it in front of all of them? If so, Jack will wait.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-19, 01:52 AM
in front of all of them

Psionic Dog
2010-08-19, 07:28 PM
Then honestly improved cleave is a wasted feat, you wouldn't by any chance allow me to switch it out would you?

Its a potential extra attack each round when full attacking minions, so I wouldn't call it wasted. Still, if you want to retrain it at the Mid-Grind level up you're welcome to swap it out then.

First rank of Skels:
[roll0] (The 12 skeletons in the first rank crumble into little piles which start to smolder)

Second Rank of Skels & Ghouls
[roll1]

In the face of this the Ghouls draw back and call any surviving skeletons with them ((All undead survivors retreat 20ft))

As they wait in hopes of the fire disappearing the Ghouls take up a chant:
FEED US BRAINS FEED US BRAINS FEED US BRAINS FEED US ... (Ghouls take total Defense, Skeletons stand stiffly waiting for their next order)

Deathslayer7
2010-08-19, 07:54 PM
Alli

ooc- umm i would like to remind you that it deals double damage to undead. :smallbiggrin:

Alli motions for her archers and Sam. They ready, aim, and fire. Quite sad really.

attacking whatever.

RTA: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

archers:
attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3] Bludgeoning
attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5] Bludgeoning
attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] Bludgeoning
attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9] Bludgeoning

Wand of Wonder go centered on a ghoul.
[roll10]
[roll11]

edit: DC 15 will or a ghoul is slowed for 10 rounds as per the spell. Can only take a move or standard action.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-20, 04:25 AM
((Ah right, missed the double damage bit.))

All the skeletons are little smoking piles.

The northern two ghouls have been slain by sling-stones.

The southern most ghoul tries to save... [roll0]

Psionic Dog
2010-08-24, 05:55 AM
Jack, Gibian, Dean, and their minions all pass without acting.

The two surviving ghouls take total defense and wait.

Defenders act again.

Wizibirb
2010-08-24, 11:37 AM
Sorry missed the last round was out of town with family.

promise to get something up soon.

Psionic Dog
2010-08-27, 09:48 AM
*poke*

His this game gone on hiatus also?

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 02:31 PM
sorry first week of school. getting back into the swing of things. Will make a post later. Lab class right now but we only broke for 20 min before we restart.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-27, 11:19 PM
Samuel and her archers peg off the remaining ghouls. Not much of a challenge really.

RTA: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Halflings:
Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]

Psionic Dog
2010-08-28, 08:27 PM
((Ah right. 1st week of classes. Same for me.))

Attack 1, Wave 2 Cleared
1 4th level spell and 8 arrows consumed.

Next wave arrives in 2d12 minutes.
50% chance that next wave has the mini-boss(es), else they will arrive on attack #3.

Does Alli maintain the wall of fire?

Deathslayer7
2010-08-28, 08:54 PM
yes. lasts 10 minutes :smallsmile:

Psionic Dog
2010-08-31, 08:56 AM
Hmmm. Spyder Cel appears to be missing in action for the moment.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Psionic Dog
2010-08-31, 09:04 AM
((Oh, forgot [roll0]

Also, Have you been concentrating on the wall of fire? Walls of fire are usually 1 round/level after concentration ends so I must be missing something if it lasts 10 minutes.))

*rumble rumble rumble*

No more hordes of mooks charge out this time: in this hour your challenge is big, large, and obvious as two large minators welding great axes lumber forth followed by a vampire spawn. The spawn takes one look at the battle field and quickly assumes gaseous form.

Minotaur Zombie end in D3 and L3.
The vamp ends in H3/+20

Wizibirb
2010-10-12, 03:58 PM
Ummmm is this still alive?

Psionic Dog
2010-10-13, 09:22 AM
Err, I sort of closed it down last month for lack of interest.

OOC Thread announcement. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9324054#post9324054)

I still have all my notes so if the old team ever came back together it could be restarted however, or maybe a new grind series could be started.

Deathslayer7
2010-10-13, 06:56 PM
still here and wouldnt mind starting up a new grind or going with the old. :smallsmile: Although I cant guarentee on time posting, as I now have school but I can assure within 3 business days at max. Probably 1 buisness day if things all go well.

That and seeing as tomorrow is my last midterm i should be set till Thanksgiving time.

Psionic Dog
2010-10-14, 10:25 AM
*blink*

I guess this isn't as dead as I thought.
I'm holding a little poll/meeting in the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9549969#post9549969) thread to see if this should continue.