PDA

View Full Version : [Exhalted] Power ranger themed build

Stryke
2010-07-05, 05:37 PM
A freind and I are planning to run a game of exhalted with him being the story teller. His description was basically "super powered super hereos". my next question was of course can i be the green ranger, to which he replied "yes". Now i need help actually building the character. Please bear in mind tht this will be the first time we've played and he specifically said no zords till really far into the story, so dont start telling me how to get one because at this point i'll probably just ignore you.

Also he stipulated i must say its morphing time to morph. so if tht can be working into any of the mechanics then a prize of two internets to the first to show me how

Dr.Gunsforhands
2010-07-05, 11:49 PM
Did the Power Rangers technically have any powers? All I remember is a bunch of martial arts and jumping. So... focus on athletics and unarmed combat, I guess. I'd also suggest dodge, just because it's that kind of game.

Beyond that, I suspect that their abilities tend to focus on their toys - Melee and Perform for that goofy knife-flute of his, archery for the guns, and either Ride or Sail for the mechs, I'm not sure which.

Try to decide whether you want to focus more on Green's, "backstabbing turncoat with a secret identity," side (where Night caste helps more) or the, "hulk out and kick over all of your friends and I guess sometimes the bad guys," side (where Dawn caste helps more).

Take Monkey Leap and Foe-Vaulting Method. Both work with the flavor pretty well, and I predict that they'll be quite entertaining.

If you're willing to put a fair bit of effort into building a charm tree, there exists a charm called Solar Hero Form, which looks like it might just be flashy enough to work as a stand-in for the series' eponymous "Morphin'." It's expensive enough that you'll almost always be using motes from the pool that makes your anima flash, so you might as well announce it at the top of your lungs while you're at it.

Kylarra
2010-07-06, 12:03 AM
They don't strictly have powers, but Glorious Solar Plate (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Solar_Resistance_Charms#Glorious_S olar_Plate) would allow you to summon magical armor or if you want non-glowy armor, the prerequisite Hauberk Lightening Gesture (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Charms:Hauberk-Lightening_Gesture) allows you to banish one set of armor to hammerspace and summon it back as needed. Similar charms (Glorious Solar Saber and Summoning the loyal steel) exist for swords on the melee tree.

I know you said not to, but here's your dragonzord (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Spells:God-Forged_Champion_of_War) anyway. :smalltongue:

Stryke
2010-07-06, 07:30 AM
Good point, i suppose specing so i can leap over my foes would be in the right direction and flavour, thanks.

I know you said not to, but here's your dragonzord (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Spells:God-Forged_Champion_of_War) anyway. :smalltongue:

Dont worry your forgiven.

Reynard
2010-07-06, 08:11 AM
For morphing, you could try the Everyman Armour artifact.

••• EVERYMAN ARMOR
Everyman armor looks like a plain steel suit of lamellar armor. It functions similarly, offering the same amount of protection, mobility penalty and fatigue. Before attunement, its only unique feature is near indestructibility. Attuning it requires six motes, at which point its mobility penalty and fatigue drop to zero. While wearing the armor, an attuned character may spend three motes to reflexively change her appearance. The character can look like any human she imagines, in any dress, and the armor can look like any sort of armor (but provides a constant amount of soak). Mundane attempts to see through the disguise fail, but people with inhuman sensory acuity may succeed. Their attempts are made at +2 difficulty on top of the character’s additional efforts to conceal her identity. The only restriction is that the disguise always includes some form of evident armor. In the event that a nonhuman wears everyman armor (such as a Fair Folk or beastman), that character can change his appearance but not his species. A wolfman, for instance, could look like any wolfman, but not a snakeman or human.

kamikasei
2010-07-06, 08:19 AM
What kind of Exalts are you playing? Solars?

What do you consider to be the signature abilities of the Green Ranger, the ones you want to ensure your character has?