PDA

View Full Version : D20r Druid Brainstorming

Fax Celestis
2010-07-05, 08:32 PM
Here's the skeleton. (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=D20r:Druid)

TeaL;DeeR: each spirit has an at-will, an encounter, a daily, a passive, a summon, and a nature's sign. These are the spirits that I still need to complete:

Available at 1st
Badger
Bat
Beetle
Hare
Mole
Otter
Raccoon
Wolf

Available at 3rd
Bear
Fox
Hawk
Shark
Tiger
Tree
Vine

Available at 6th
Air
Earth
Ether
Fire
Metal
Shadow
Sun
Water
Wood

Available at 9th
Desert
Forest
Mountain
Ocean
Plain
River
Swamp

Available at 12th
Cyclone
Drought
Earthquake
Thunderstorm
Tide

Available at 15th
Autumn
Spring
Summer
Zodiac

I need help figuring out what these things do. Any suggestion is welcome.

SilveryCord
2010-07-05, 11:11 PM
Available at 1st
Badger
Bat: Needs to smell the blood from Kukri's bleed effect, maybe? Glide speed. 10 ft' blindsense. Something that makes the druid feel unique from the get go.
Beetle
Hare
Mole
Otter:crafting, swimming, wood gnawing.... a swim speed and a knack for messing around with structures, maybe? overcoming hardness, ignoring DR, etc
Raccoon
Wolf: ...improved trip? :P

Available at 3rd
Bear
Fox
Hawk
Shark
Tiger
Tree
Vine

Available at 6th
Air
Earth
Ether
Fire
Metal
Shadow: shadow step a la swordsage, shikamaru style choking people with shadows ability...?
Sun: worship me for I am the sun! a diplomat or charisma related soul
Water
Wood

Available at 9th
Desert
Forest
Mountain
Ocean: the deep has a lot of dark, abberant things... I'd forgo JETS OF WATER attacks and just make strange, psychosis inducing attacks. For example, a telekinetic, invisible application of aboleth goo. "There's no water... but I can't breathe!"
Plain
River
Swamp

Available at 12th
Cyclone
Drought: fort saves or suck sir
Earthquake
Thunderstorm
Tide

Available at 15th
Autumn
Spring
Summer
Zodiac

I'll edit in some other suggestions when I think of them.

Ashtagon
2010-07-06, 02:25 AM
15th level: no winter?

Morty
2010-07-06, 07:47 AM
Some general suggestions about a couple of spirits first...

Available at 15th
Autumn
Spring
Summer

Autumn: I think abilities related to sleep, aging and wind would be appropriate here. Nature's sign would be the druid's skin and hair becoming reddish brown or yellow like autumn leaves. All plants in druid's presence would behave like it was autumn and s/he would be surrounded by small gusts of wind.
Spring: Definetly things related to new life, rebirth et cetera.
At will: Cure Serious or Critial Wounds or something similar.
Passive: Regeneration seems appropriate.
Nature's sign should be the druid looking very young and plants springing at his steps.
Summer: Stuff related to sun, heat and harvest. I have a rather specific idea for a daily ability:
Noonwraiths' Dance(Su): Once per day, you can summon Noonwraiths to perform their dance, dealing (x) radiant damage to the enemies, as well as tripping and blidning them if they don't pass the save. Here's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Midday) a description of the Noonwraith(or Lady Midday).
Nature's sign should be the druid's skin becoming suntanned, and his back being slightly bent as if from hard work.
I agree that the Sun spirit should give abilities related to majesty and glory rahter than simply to light.
More to come as I give it some thought.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-06, 09:34 AM
15th level: no winter?

Winter's done.

blackspeeker
2010-07-06, 01:57 PM
For the mole it's sign could be it's eyes cloud over, and the druid becomes near sighted
If the druid uses to wolf it's sign could be an urge to only eat raw meet along with organ meats. It could get scent as a passive ability

The flower's passive could be pheromone related giving a +2 to diplomacy or charisma based checks. and it's sign could be similar to the locust but less harmful just have bees following it around.

Thats all I have right now

Fax Celestis
2010-07-06, 02:33 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I'm also looking for a replacement to the Spiritual Attunement ability.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-06, 11:21 PM
Okay, Raccoon done, working on Badger.

Morty
2010-07-07, 04:03 PM
I'll try to build on my previous ideas and complete the spirits of Spring and Summer. Except for Calls, I have no idea how to handle them.

Spring

Rejunevation(Su): As a standard action, you can cast Cure Serious Wounds.
The Spring's Joy(Su): Once per day as a standard action, you can instill the joy of spring and new life in your allies, giving them a +2 morale bonus to attack, damage, AC and one additional attack.
The Rain of Life(Su): Once per day, as a full-round action you can summon magical rain that falls in the area for 5 rounds, healing one ally per druid level for 5d8 HP per round. It deals the same amount of damage to all undead in the area(Will for half). It also removes all negative conditions from the allies.
The Freshness of Spring(Su): While this bond is active, you have Fast Healing 5 and do not suffer from fatigue.
Nature's Sign(Su): Your hair becomes longer, your skin becomes smoothier, cleaner and younger-looking, plants begin to grow as you pass them and you constantly attract small animals and you're constantly surrounded by the smell of fresh grass and flowers.

Summer:

Heat Wave(Su): As a standard action, you can heat air around you.
Sunstroke(Su): Once per encounter as a standard action, you can affect the target with an effect similar to a sunstroke. It deals 2d8 fire damage and causes the target to become Confused for 3 rounds(Will save negates).
Noonwraiths' Dance(Su): Once per day you can summon noonwraiths to dance in a 20 ft. radius area. The dance deals 15d6 radiant damage to all enemies within the area(Reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Die + Con for half damage) as well as trip them(Reflex save for half) and blind them(Will save for half).
Harvest Season(Su): As long as this bond is active, you gain an unnamed +4 bonus to your Constitution, Strength and Fortitude save. You also become immune to ability damage.
Nature's Sign(Su): Your skin becomes sun-tanned and your back becomes bent as if from hard work. The air around you is hot like on a field in full daylight.

Numbers most likely need tweaking and I have a feeling the abilities are too weak, but those are just suggestions anyway. I hope you find it useful.