PDA

View Full Version : PC vs PC or Bad blood and an urge for vengeance or at least... compensation

Bharg
2010-07-05, 08:57 PM
In our game of Star Wars Saga one of my characters is facing kind of a morale dilemma right now. A villain, that once was his employer on a neutral alignment basis until that villain decided he became a problem and tried to murder him, now has killed one of our group, that didn't want to spend the force point, and kinda merged with another group member via Transfer Essence.
The player is still playing his now possessed character.
My character originally wasn't there when it happened. Something mystic that I will not explicate any further - mainly because I do not understand it myself comepletely - happened and kinda purified the sith spirit, that is somehow still in control, and our other characters.
The sith now kinda told my character who he is and that he actually planned on murdering him again in a moment of weakness, but now wants to change it's ways. He also claims that the friend of my character would be still alive and became part of him. My character wouldn't believe it thinking that both of his friends were killed...

I hope the story is understandable and you can somehow relate. What is this character of mine supposed to do now? What would be an appropriate reaction. He is an ex ganger, merc, a rational cold killer... and he is probably very angry.

Warlock Odin
2010-07-05, 09:17 PM
Holy convoluted plot point Bharg-man

I'd say maybe consider playing it out for awhile could be funny, take every possible chance to rub in the fact that the guy used to be evil, like "Does killing X remind you of when you killed my friend". Also play it along until you see a good time to kill him later, delay the vengeance put it on ice, as some might say.

I have no clue how Star Wars rpg is done but i hope i helped a little in terms of petty vengeance.

Ravens_cry
2010-07-05, 09:21 PM
I would get. . .technical.
I would plan my vengeance to Count of Monte Cristo level of detail. I could put if off for a while as a I gain the resources needed to enact my vengeance. I could be persuaded that that a short term gain would just make the rest of the plan more difficult.
But once the gears are set in motion nothing shall stop me. I shall not merely kill my enemies but destroy their reputation, their connections, their family, and any who are connected to them. I may even leave them alive.

Warlock Odin
2010-07-05, 09:24 PM
I shall not merely kill my enemies but destroy their reputation, their connections, their family, and any who are connected to them. I may even leave them alive.

Actually forget what I said do this, Make him wish he was dead it's much better, less petty but better.

Bharg
2010-07-05, 09:35 PM
Holy convoluted plot point Bharg-man

Exactly, Obin.

As far as I know that sith is solitary.
A Twi'lek trapped inside the body of a Bothan.
All personal possession is a green great lightsaber.

You all thinkg vengeance would be in order?

Warlock Odin
2010-07-05, 09:53 PM
As far as I know that sith is solitary.

Damn

A Twi'lek trapped inside the body of a Bothan.

Thats a punishment in itself, if you could somehow get him into the body of an ugnout that would make them uglier.

All personal possession is a green great lightsaber.

If you have to kill him make sure it's with his own light saber.

You all thinkg vengeance would be in order?

In my DnD sessions i'm still killing Paladins because, "they started it" from about five characters ago. My Dm has killed of the gnome race in his world because in an old session he had once upon a time they did something to him (burned down his house i think).

I think you are good for a little petty vengeance, your character is an angry cold killer right... I give this guy tenminutes from the time the next session starts before he is a force ghost.

unless you wanted to use this as an opertunity to change your character to something a little more good and wholesome?

Bharg
2010-07-06, 02:15 AM
Damn
But his former student, a female Twi'lek, that betrayed him, because my character somehow seemed to have turned into a love interest to her, is also part of the group. Those 13 charisma and high body stats were certainly a good investion. Unfortunately this former NPC was now recycled and turned into a PC. Ugly, awkward case.

Thats a punishment in itself, if you could somehow get him into the body of an ugnout that would make them uglier.

The understanding of the force of my character is somehow limited. He saw a lot of force user doing a lot of crazy stuff and he had to try very hard to kill some of them. The Energy Transfer is an incredible example of a force power. He didn't witness it - just like the student of the sith. Actually he was picking the student up in a solo adventure while the others fought the sith. Still it is not very hard to believe, because the little smuggler was suddenly wielding a lightsaber, using the force and he was somehow competent.

If you have to kill him make sure it's with his own light saber.
I suppose the lightsaber is also the item the dark spirit is bonded to and keeps him alive. But my character what never know that and has the hobby to collect swords rather than to destroy them. The costumized ones are very shiny.

In my DnD sessions i'm still killing Paladins because, "they started it" from about five characters ago. My Dm has killed of the gnome race in his world because in an old session he had once upon a time they did something to him (burned down his house i think).

I think you are good for a little petty vengeance, your character is an angry cold killer right... I give this guy tenminutes from the time the next session starts before he is a force ghost.

unless you wanted to use this as an opertunity to change your character to something a little more good and wholesome?

So you have some history with revenge.

I think my main problem is that the character is played by another player that is still very new to roleplaying - probably the reason for his confession. Otherwise he said that he was planning on killing my character... Killing PCs... Main Topic.

Two fun things, though, that I didn't mention yet, though:
When did the sith kill his friends? Sith were attacking a jedi academy LEAD by our sith.
Where a we going right now? To another jedi academy to be interviewed. They want to know what exactly went down there...

FelixG
2010-07-06, 02:40 AM
Well, depending on how vengful you want to be, and how cold blooded you are...

Dont let him die, do something unspeakably evil to him, cut his arms and legs off and the like ect, keep him in a barely lucid state, then drop em in a bacta tank, then you find out everything and one important to him, march that object or person in-front of him, and do even more unspeakably evil acts (think of what you want to do to jar jar and go nuts :P ) Keep his power item nearby but out of reach, then once its all said and done you seal the room where he is stored away and hide it (say on a ship burried on a far far away uncharted moon in the outer rim) and let him go insane with old age alone in a dark room on life support.

For added spite put random little chirps or voices on the ships speakers at random intervals, let him hope for rescue every month or year or so only to have the darkness crush his hopes

I normally play evil characters, i have bags of revenge schemes :P

Bharg
2010-07-06, 04:02 AM
Well, depending on how vengful you want to be, and how cold blooded you are...

Dont let him die, do something unspeakably evil to him, cut his arms and legs off and the like ect, keep him in a barely lucid state, then drop em in a bacta tank, then you find out everything and one important to him, march that object or person in-front of him, and do even more unspeakably evil acts (think of what you want to do to jar jar and go nuts :P ) Keep his power item nearby but out of reach, then once its all said and done you seal the room where he is stored away and hide it (say on a ship burried on a far far away uncharted moon in the outer rim) and let him go insane with old age alone in a dark room on life support.

For added spite put random little chirps or voices on the ships speakers at random intervals, let him hope for rescue every month or year or so only to have the darkness crush his hopes

I normally play evil characters, i have bags of revenge schemes :P

That's vile, but since his human lifespan is very limited... :smallwink:
... and he probably would want to end it quick and efficient. He is rather rational as I already mentioned.

What do you think about fighting another PC. I mean, he has every reason to do so, but still...

FelixG
2010-07-06, 04:11 AM
I may not be the best person to ask. The games i tend to play in on a regular basis dont really have restrictions on PVP save no OOC reasons, it has to be IC grievances that lead to it.

But i would probably ask the characters player, tell em your IC reasons and see if he wants to make a scene of it, sort of like the showdown between anakin and Obiwan in episode three...but more lethal :P

If the other player thinks it would be fun the GM shouldn't really have a problem with it, ya just have to be prepared for the eventuality that you may loose the fight if you dont properly prepare for it...like poisoning his meal before the fight :P

Bharg
2010-07-06, 04:19 AM
He has light advantage of 3 levels, because the dark spirit was powerful.
But since we are going to a place swarming with jedi... Not sure if this is the right place to set him up. Not sure about spoiling the surprise either.

Ingus
2010-07-06, 05:37 AM
He has light advantage of 3 levels, because the dark spirit was powerful.
But since we are going to a place swarming with jedi... Not sure if this is the right place to set him up. Not sure about spoiling the surprise either.

Talking to him would be essential. PK wuold end very bad if not properly handled and he could hold a grudge for very long time or even stop playing.
If you want to play with him more, you should treat him as an adult and talk to him. If he does not feel good to the idea of the standoff you should just don't do it. If the revelation would cause your Pc not to cooperate with his, then talk with your GM. You can even retcon and play as the confession wasn't even pronounced.

Go straight and kill him, destroy him, betray him and so on seems a bad idea if you don't know how is the consensus on PK and feuds.

Bharg
2010-07-06, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I guess, you are right, Ingus. I will go up to the player and talkt with him about PvP and about how he sees the situation. I don't think I want to go for a total memory wipe and will just forget the again planning your murder thing.
Though, in the end that detail is not that important. There has to be some kind of resolution - probably a violent one. My character cannot ignore what happened...