PDA

View Full Version : Techno adivce

leper0messiah
2010-07-05, 11:06 PM
recently I've been trying to make techno but I've hit a wall with my creativity and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this kinda stuff I'd love to hear some advice, please and thank you

Starfols
2010-07-05, 11:11 PM
What's the part you're hitting a wall on? Starting? Editing? We have to know that first :smallsmile:

leper0messiah
2010-07-05, 11:23 PM
well what I'm mostly doing is getting sound loops and putting them together

Starfols
2010-07-05, 11:30 PM
So you're having trouble making sounds fit well together? What I do is put down a 'skeleton beat' and put sounds on top of it, and try to space it so that it sounds good, if not a little sparse. Then I add more sounds, trying to find a spot over or between the sounds I put down, and make those fit. Rinse, lather and repeat until you have a full section of the song.

leper0messiah
2010-07-06, 12:19 AM
So you're having trouble making sounds fit well together? What I do is put down a 'skeleton beat' and put sounds on top of it, and try to space it so that it sounds good, if not a little sparse. Then I add more sounds, trying to find a spot over or between the sounds I put down, and make those fit. Rinse, lather and repeat until you have a full section of the song.

aaaand, a skeleton beat is...

Starfols
2010-07-06, 02:28 AM
An underlying rhythmic beat the rest of the track is based on. It's like... a drummer in a rock band.

leper0messiah
2010-07-06, 03:44 AM
oh okay, so kinda start off with just a decent beat...add a few synths or pads in, maybe even a bass, review it, throw in some sounds that fit and basically keep cleaning it 'til it shines.

sounds like a plan:smallbiggrin:

Starfols
2010-07-06, 06:17 PM
Exactly! Good luck, I'd love to see the results. :smallwink:

Jimp
2010-07-07, 03:22 PM
On a similar topic, can anyone recommend some editing programs for piecing together tracks and layers?