PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Feats

Cieyrin
2010-07-06, 12:49 AM
I'm looking for Warforged feats for a character I'm making and I'd like to know if there are any beyond what's in ECS, RoE and PGtE. Any particular thoughts on which to go for and which should be avoided like the plague are appreciated.

The character in question is hypothetically a Warforged Warblade/Knight/Warforged Juggernaut, starting from 1st level with stats 17, 12, 16(14), 14, 9(11), 12(14). (Original stats in parentheses; result of dice rolls, not point buy).

Lord Vukodlak
2010-07-06, 12:50 AM
You want Adamantine Body

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-06, 12:54 AM
Adamatine Body is a solid choice if you want to go Warforged Juggernaught, Psiforged is only worth it if you plan on going Psion, and even then you're only getting a boost every other day from it.

Darkwood and Unarmored Body are both meant for casters, druids and arcane in particulay.

I'm not a big fan of Mithral Body, as it feels almost like a waste of a feat to me compared to just going Unarmored Body or no feat at all, as high Dex Warforged would probably want to continue to push that Dex bonus to the limits.

As for your sources, I don't think any others exist officially. There may be some homebrew'd ones floating around here, but I'm not certain.

Optimystik
2010-07-06, 01:31 AM
Adamatine Body is a solid choice if you want to go Warforged Juggernaught, Psiforged is only worth it if you plan on going Psion, and even then you're only getting a boost every other day from it.

Actually, Psiforged can be very much worth it even if you don't enter a psionic class. Remember that the feat turns warforged into psionc creatures, qualifying them for psionic feats (like Deep Impact or Psionic Shot) and giving them the ability to hold a focus. That in itself is useful due to the ability to "take 15" on concentration checks.

There are also some "psionic" PrCs (like Pyrokineticist (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/pyrokineticist.htm)) that are much better for non-manifesting classes to enter than manifesting ones.

PB is a better way to access these benefits than Wild Talent. Hidden Talent is usually better than both early on, but (a) does not scale as well as Psiforged Body and (b) is not available in all campaigns.

Morithias
2010-07-06, 05:14 AM
If your dm allows it, toughness and trollblooded from dragon magazine (take a flaw) since warforged are immune to fatigue but have a con score they can have regeneration RAW. Basically the only things that can hurt you are enough non-lethal (that's what the eberron warforged juggernaut class is for) and fire/acid. Which I'm sure you can find a way around with some 24-hour 'energy immunity' spells from the spell comp.

Cieyrin
2010-07-06, 11:10 AM
If your dm allows it, toughness and trollblooded from dragon magazine (take a flaw) since warforged are immune to fatigue but have a con score they can have regeneration RAW. Basically the only things that can hurt you are enough non-lethal (that's what the eberron warforged juggernaut class is for) and fire/acid. Which I'm sure you can find a way around with some 24-hour 'energy immunity' spells from the spell comp.

Trollblooded was regioned to Human Barbarians in a particular region of Greyhawk, which makes it a tad difficult to be available to a Warforged (which don't really have blood, anyways) in a homebrewed setting.

Plus, I don't really want books thrown at me, thanks.

Optimystik
2010-07-06, 11:19 AM
They also don't have, y'know, blood. And a distinct lack of ancestry.

Though you can fluff just about anything... maybe this warforged was constructed from the wood of a tree that grew in a glen where a troll princess was sacrificed eons ago...

Keld Denar
2010-07-06, 11:19 AM
Never underestimate the power of a well aimed DMG. Them things is pointy!

That said, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw some Warforged feats in Five Nations. There is also one for 'forged with wands in either Secrets of Xendrik or Stormreach, but alas my ancient 26 year old brain is failing me.

Check around. I don't remember seeing any in Sharn City of Tower, Secrets of Sarlona, Faiths of Eberron, or Magic of Eberron though.

Optimystik
2010-07-06, 11:26 AM
SoX has racial feats, but they are only for Drow. I do not (yet) have Stormreach, Sharn or 5 Nations.

SoS does not have racial feats per se; it does have Host feats (as does CPsi), which are pretty much Kalashtar-only unless your DM lets you play Inspired. (Or you join the Quori Mindhunter PrC.)

EDIT: I believe in Eberron, Elans also are considered hosts.

Cieyrin
2010-07-06, 11:50 AM
That said, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw some Warforged feats in Five Nations. There is also one for 'forged with wands in either Secrets of Xendrik or Stormreach, but alas my ancient 26 year old brain is failing me.

Stormreach 119, though not exactly relevant to my character, unfortunately. Good to know, though.

In a related note, is Overload Metabolism from PGtE 151 actually useful? It seems you'd need to be an Artificer to take full advantage, though it's more a defensive afterthought type of deal that probably won't come up that often, honestly.

The Shadowmind
2010-07-06, 12:08 PM
They also don't have, y'know, blood. And a distinct lack of ancestry.

Though you can fluff just about anything... maybe this warforged was constructed from the wood of a tree that grew in a glen where a troll princess was sacrificed eons ago...
Livewood Warforged anybody?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-06, 01:04 PM
Personally I find jaws of death a hilarious feat.