PDA

View Full Version : 4E Action Points...

Fenrazer
2010-07-06, 01:46 AM
Perhaps I am just a dork, but I thought it was read that you can spend an action point to regain an encounter power, or daily. Am I smoking crack or something?

Vitruviansquid
2010-07-06, 01:48 AM
I'm looking at the page that describes Action Points in the PHB right now.

Yes, you are smoking crack.

HMS Invincible
2010-07-06, 01:50 AM
You are thinking of Veteran's Armor or the various paragon path class features.

Fenrazer
2010-07-06, 01:55 AM
Okay. So long as I know it's the crack, and my personal judgment, esta bien.

Thajocoth
2010-07-06, 02:23 AM
When you hit level 11, your Action Point becomes slightly more powerful depending on your choice of Paragon Path. Most options simply let you reroll a failed d20 roll by spending it. There are probably a few that let you recharge encounter powers.

Kurald Galain
2010-07-06, 02:48 AM
Perhaps I am just a dork, but I thought it was read that you can spend an action point to regain an encounter power, or daily. Am I smoking crack or something?

That is correct, if you have the Arcane Mastery feat (an epic feat that lets you spend an AP to regain a daily power).

Nihb
2010-07-06, 05:41 AM
Are you thinking about magic item daily powers?

It's a bit far-fetched, but every time you get to a milestone, which gives you an additional Action Point, you also gain another use of item Daily Powers.

Swordgleam
2010-07-06, 10:08 AM
There's a couple items called something like Ring of Spell storing that I think let you do that for arcane encounters and dailies, and there might be something like that for martial powers.

But doing it by default? House rule or drugs, definitely.