PDA

View Full Version : Cleric/Rogue

Popertop
2010-07-06, 02:03 AM
Okay, I'm thinking about rolling up a cleric/rogue, either a human or halfling, but definitely chaotic neutral and leaning towards worshipping Masque, or Dalla Thaun.
I'm pretty sure they both have favored weapon dagger, and have both similar domains. Trickery is mainly what I'm going for here, so I can cast invisibility.
Any other domains that would be good with stealth, espionage aside from these I could look at would be great.

Anyone try a build like this out? What kind of ratio between the two classes works well? What prestige classes are worth it? (the few I've looked at are garbage, but I'm sure other people have more experience with this type of thing)

PId6
2010-07-06, 02:14 AM
The Sacred Outlaw feat (DR 357 or Crystalkeep) is what you want. This lets you stack rogue and cleric levels for Sneak Attack and Turn Undead, so a Rogue 3/Cleric X works relatively well (take Able Learner and Craven). Otherwise, you're best off either reflavoring Cleric X or going Rogue 1/Cleric X with Able Learner.

Optimystik
2010-07-06, 02:32 AM
The Giant's Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html) PrC can help you. As for domains, Travel is a standard choice to pair with Trickery, to help you beat a retreat via Fly, Teleport etc.

Other good "rogue" domains include Celerity, City, Charm, Commerce (Glibness, woo) Darkness, Fate, Greed, Illusion, Knowledge, Luck, Oracle, Planning, Shadow, Trade, and Wealth.

Popertop
2010-07-06, 03:03 AM
ah, thanks.

Sacred outlaw is pretty good.

Trickery, Travel, Fate seem like the best ones for what I'm trying to do.

What deities offer those domains?

RipperOfShirts
2010-07-06, 03:23 AM
Dalt (llg 169) is a good choice. Cg, dagger as weapon, trickery and travel as domains.

PId6
2010-07-06, 03:29 AM
Fate:

Core Deities: None.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Beshaba, Hathor, Hoar, Jergal, Kelemvor, Savras.
Other Deities: None.
Travel:

Core Deities: Fharlanghn.
Eberron Deities: Kol Korran, the Traveler.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Akadi, Baervan Wildwanderer, Brandobaris, Fenmarel Mestarine, Gwaeron Windstrom, Hoar, Istishia, Kelemvor, Lliira, Marthammor Duin, Mielikki, Oghma, Sehanine Moonbow, Selūne, Sharess, Shaundakul, Tymora, Vhaeraun, Waukeen.
Other Deities: Celestian, Cyndor, Geshtai, Lirr, Mouqol, Osprem, Procan, Rillifane Rallathil, Sixin.
Trickery:

Core Deities: Boccob, Erythnul, Garl Glittergold, Kurtulmak, Lolth, Olidammara, Nerull, Tiamat.
Eberron Deities: The Mockery, the Traveler.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Abbathor, Akadi, Baravar Cloakshadow, Beshaba, Brandobaris, Cyric, Erevan Ilesere, Gargauth, Mask, Oghma, Sharess, Shargaas, Vergadain, Vhaeraun.
Other Deities: Diirinka, Iuz, Maglubiyet, Memnor, Mouqol, Xan Yae.
It looks like Kelemvor and Hoar have Fate and Travel, Beshaba has Fate and Trickery, and The Dark Six, Mouqol, Akadi, Brandobaris, Oghma, Vhaeraun, and Sharess have Travel and Trickery.

Also consider that Oghma and Mougol both have Knowledge domain, letting you go Cloistered Cleric.

All from this (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/domains.html) list.