PDA

View Full Version : How much would an item that grants fast healing 1 cost?

Mystic Muse
2010-07-06, 03:00 AM
I'm trying to make a modified version of the weapon "Soul Calibur" and I thought Fast healing 1 made sense for the weapon.

What would the bonus be for a weapon like this? Or what would you add to the cost for a weapon that had this ability? Being based off of soul Calibur I figured that as soon as you dropped to dying the fast healing no longer functions until the next encounter.

If this seems like it's too powerful or it would be prohibitively expensive then I'll give up on the idea. I just figured I should ask. The weapon is already going to cost at least 21,000 gold just to use.

Also, is there a weapon enchantment that makes it so you can dismiss and summon it?

Edit: does increasing the size of a weapon provide any benefit other than an increased damage die? Like a bonus to trip attempts?

Edit 2: I was informed that tripping an opponent allows you to immediately make an extra attack against them. However, I can't find this under "Trip" in the SRD. Can somebody confirm this?

FelixG
2010-07-06, 03:38 AM
I dont know about the first two parts but on trip:

You have to have Improved trip to get that bonus attack on the person heres a link to the SRD for you

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#improvedTrip

Fortuna
2010-07-06, 03:46 AM
Based on magic item creation guidelines, the fast healing 1 would be an additional 12000 gp on top of whatever else the weapon costs (treating it as continuous lesser vigor). I can't help with the rest, unfortunately.

PId6
2010-07-06, 03:46 AM
I'd say Fast Healing 1 would be worth around ~8,000 gp, or maybe +1 or +2. It's effectively infinite out of combat healing, but it's not that great when limited to one person (it's a bit cheap for +1 if you allow it to be passed around though). It doesn't directly add to combat ability, and isn't even all that good at higher levels, so a static cost is better than a +X modifier. 8,000 sound right, but even something as low as 5,000 would work if it only affects one person or, in this case, it goes on something already as expensive as that.

Increasing weapon size only changes damage, weight, and ease of wielding (you take penalties if weapon size is off, and Monkey Grip sucks). It does not change reach, tripping ability, or anything else of that nature.

Killer Angel
2010-07-06, 03:49 AM
Edit: does increasing the size of a weapon provide any benefit other than an increased damage die? Like a bonus to trip attempts?

Bonuses to trip attempts, don't include weapon size: the size that matter, is the combatants'.

Edit 2: I was informed that tripping an opponent allows you to immediately make an extra attack against them. However, I can't find this under "Trip" in the SRD. Can somebody confirm this?

What FelixG said. The bonus attack, comes with Improved Trip.

Morithias
2010-07-06, 04:57 AM
If you want to get REALLY nutty. You can use the rules in the arms and equipment guide to have it give you the "trollblooded" feat. It would cost 15k since it has a requirement feat (toughness) but it grants you regeneration 1, overcome by fire and acid, and you're treated as fatigued in sunlight, but I'm sure you could find a way around that weakness.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-06, 12:55 PM
If you want to get REALLY nutty. You can use the rules in the arms and equipment guide to have it give you the "trollblooded" feat. It would cost 15k since it has a requirement feat (toughness) but it grants you regeneration 1, overcome by fire and acid, and you're treated as fatigued in sunlight, but I'm sure you could find a way around that weakness.

Well, I'm actually immune to fatigue. However, fast healing seems to work better for Soul calibur than regeneration since nothing stops the healing but it ends as soon as you're knocked out.

And the extra attack only works if I have improved trip? Dang.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, at what point does fast healing 1 become not very useful? How much HP do you have to have?