PDA

View Full Version : Gustavīs Chronicles! new webcomic (looking for opinions)

DogChan
2010-07-06, 01:48 PM
Hello everyone,

Me and a friend started a webcomic like a week ago, and I was looking for some opinions on it.

We are trying to get an english reading public to read it (we are from Chile, so I am hoping we did not make too many grammer errors; we tried to fix them all).

so... i wont give you a boring introduction and just give you the link; hope you like it.

Gustav's Chronicles (http://www.chronicles-project.com)

also, The link to the First Page (http://www.chronicles-project.com/chapter-1/)

Thank you for your time.

Lord Loss
2010-07-06, 01:58 PM
So far so good. I can't pin it down, but there's something that's making me want to see much more of this. One comment, though: Make the updates a little longer. Apart from this, it's great. Not that many comics though, so I can't offer much of an opinion. Brilliant grammar and spelling so far.

P.S I love the artwork!!!

Castel
2010-07-06, 02:01 PM
Wow, I really loved the art. Page 3 was just amazing.

Looking forward to more from this comic. :smallbiggrin:

DogChan
2010-07-06, 02:02 PM
thank you, we are trying our best. So we need all the opinions (good and bad) we can get.

PhantomFox
2010-07-06, 02:49 PM
Not bad. A good example that art done with simpler media can still be good when done cleanly. It's a bit early to make any sort of decision on the plot, so I'll hold off on a final verdict for now.

DogChan
2010-07-06, 03:04 PM
So far so good. I can't pin it down, but there's something that's making me want to see much more of this. One comment, though: Make the updates a little longer. Apart from this, it's great. Not that many comics though, so I can't offer much of an opinion. Brilliant grammar and spelling so far.

P.S I love the artwork!!!

I did not understand your comment "make the updates a little longer", could you explain please (my english is a little rusty)

edit: i think i understood, do you mean that not give updates of it till we have more comics posted?

if that is what you ment, you are quite right... i just wanted to make sure we are at least doing something good.

Thanks

Tiger Duck
2010-07-06, 03:49 PM
No that was not what he meant, he meant that the pages should be longer.

The art is quirky and nice. But for some reason I can't be bothered to read the words you have written. I honestly have no idea why

Mauve Shirt
2010-07-06, 06:36 PM
I like the art a lot! As others have said, can't comment on the plot yet.

Domochevsky
2010-07-06, 08:00 PM
No that was not what he meant, he meant that the pages should be longer.

The art is quirky and nice. But for some reason I can't be bothered to read the words you have written. I honestly have no idea why

That's my take on this as well. I think it's the handwritten text font that causes this. It's takes above average effort to read it.

Other than that it's quite nice to look at. :smallsmile:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-07-06, 08:20 PM
So, uh, the Fullbladder likes it, thus far at least. Yeah, the handwritten text is... actually I found it a bit hard to pin down at first.

By which I mean, I had a slight difficulty reading it for the first couple minutes. It kind of hides behind the colour, maybe. I dunno. It's a weird thing.

I'll be poking in on this comic from time to time.

DogChan
2010-07-06, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments!! we shall look into the writing of the comic then and see if we can make that better.

I am quite happy for all the responses... I hope (and i am sure my partner too) you guys get to enjoy our work.

Lord Loss
2010-07-07, 10:43 AM
Indeed i meant the pages could be slightly longer. I will be keeping an eye on this, it's quite good.

DogChan
2010-07-09, 09:12 AM
we have updated the page with a new comic... this comic was made before all your comments, the next one should show some improvements.

We are really thinking in not writing the conversations of the comic by hand, so we shall see what happens there.

anybody know some kind of open souse software to do the job? We were thinking in just using Gimp.

Domochevsky
2010-07-09, 10:30 AM
GIMP should be good to use for you. Alternatively Paint.NET would be decent as well.

As a font i would recommend Webletterer BB. That one looks pretty nice.

Fri
2010-07-10, 10:29 AM
art looks great. my only problem, as with the others, is that it's hard to read the handwritten text.

Lord Loss
2010-07-11, 09:37 AM
New comic is great, but it has some errors in the writing. First off Bathtub doesn't take an ''e''. Secondly, Awkward is spelled as i spelled it (you spelled it Ackward). Also, there is a grammar error: You wrote '' you shouldn't study all night those ol spooky witchy things'' When is should be ''You shouldn't study those spooky ol witches things all night'' or ''You shouldn't study all night, especially not those ol witches things''.

DogChan
2010-07-11, 02:42 PM
we are going to re-do the whole writing of the 5 pages of the webcomic by computer, so that people dont have so much difficulties reading it.
Also, the plan should be that this tuesdays update should already be done by computer.

Its a little sad, we wanted to play with the whole "hand made comics" thing. But it seems it is not as practical.

Well, the comic is only 11 days old... its a god thing we are fixing all this problems now.

Thanks for your comments and help!

Now i am getting ready for the solar eclipse that is going to start in like 1 hour!

Lord Loss
2010-07-19, 07:29 AM
Great new comics! I will be following this project. I couldn't find it for a while when you changed the title, though.

DogChan
2010-07-20, 05:40 PM
Sorry for changing the tittle...

We have been uploading 2 times a week for the past 3 weeks, se are now on page 8. We still have a lot of things to improve... But I hope all we have done till now is making our project better than before.

Hope we can still get more opinions from everyone, and for everyone that has been following us, Thank you.

Fri
2010-07-22, 02:47 AM
If you want to make it looks like a bit more handmade, you could color the letters a bit more grayish. Or... dunno, maybe slightly blur them, or cover them with a slight yellow-ish color to slightly blend it to the dialogue baloon?

DogChan
2010-08-12, 10:01 PM
Its been some time since I started the thread, and we have uploaded some more pages.

So I wanted to see if we could get some more opinions on our webcomic, to keep improving and eventually make a webcomic that everyone can enjoy.

Chronicles Project (http://www.chronicles-project.com)

also, The link to the First Page (http://www.chronicles-project.com/chapter-1/)

Thank you guys, you have been a lot of help.