PDA

View Full Version : The Deathbringers and The Protectors

Veros
2010-07-06, 01:50 PM
Alright, so I just spent the last several hours messing around in Savage Species and Sandstorm and came up with a good idea for two opposing races.

The Deathbringers which are massively powerful feral anthropomorphic lizard creatures. (Used a stacking of Dustform Creature followed by Incarnate Construct to achieve mass amounts of strength for a low CR.)

Anthropomorphic Lizard + (Dustform Creature + Incarnate Construct)x10 + Feral Template.

Got stat modifiers of +40 Str, -20 Dex (min. 1), +2 Con, -4 Int, +6 Wis, -4 Cha. Natural Armor of 6, Fast Healing 2, Darkvision out to 60 feet, a base speed of 30 feet, and 2 claws dealing 1d6 damage each. Oh, CR 3 and ECL 2.
1d10 HD, LA +1.

So these Kobold-esque creatures are the minions of some BBEG (probably a Dragonwrought Kobold Cleric/Wizard (so it can live long enough!)) who was willing to spend time tampering with magic and DNA to create this monster race.

While The Protectors, Winged Anthropomorphic Wolves, were created to fight them off and defend the world against their menace. CR 3 and ECL 6. 2d8 HD, LA +4.

They have stat modifiers of +2 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con, +0 Int, +6 Wis, +0 Cha. Natural Armor of 2, Darkvision 60 feet, base speed of 40 feet with a fly of 60 feet (perfect if they have atleast an 18 Dex (Average for the race is 18 so...)), and a bite that does 1d6 damage. Obviously these guys are equipped with short bows/crossbows and use their heightened speed and flying to pick off the Deathbringers from a ranged.

Of course the Deathbringers could also use bows but their average and best Dex of 1 sans magic makes them incredibly horrible shots. Assuming all 10's in every stat for both races, it means the Deathbringers would need a Natural 20 to hit the Protectors with bows while the Protectors would need simply a Natural 6 to match their AC. (So a 7 on the die.) Though armor changes everything along with actual stat rolls.

While in melee combat the Deathbringers would slaughter the Protectors with their average of +22 to hit and 1d6+20 damage with their claws compared to the Protectors +3 to hit and 1d6+1 damage with their bite. Meaning a pinned Protector is a doomed Protector versus the Deathbringers.

What do you think? Think I should include these races in a campaign I'm thinking about running or leave them out? I'm thinking about having the campaign run long enough to fight the Emerald Legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587) made by JeminiZero, when the PC's reach epic level. So I figured surrounding them in these weird creations starting out would be interesting.

woodenbandman
2010-07-06, 05:07 PM
are you serious

Veros
2010-07-06, 05:27 PM
Would anyone post something they weren't remotely serious about? I have players that are fully capable of creating cheese... So yes, I am serious.