PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

DoomITP
2010-07-06, 03:09 PM
For some reason now when I highlight something with my mouse, it turns black instead of blue.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm sure it is a purely visual thing but I'd like to fix it.

lesser_minion
2010-07-06, 05:02 PM
I think we'd need more information than that -- which operating system/desktop are you using (e.g. Mac OS, Windows, Haiku, XFCE, LXDE, Gnome, KDE)?

And which program does this come up in -- is it just one particular program, or is it everything?

monomer
2010-07-06, 06:04 PM
If you are using something like Windows XP do the following:

1) Right-click on your desktop and choose Properties.
2) Choose the Appearance tab
3) Click on the Advanced Button
4) Choose "Selected Items" from the dropdown list in the Advanced Appearance window
5) Change "Color 1" to the color you would like for highlighted text
6) Click on Okay

This should be fairly similar for Windows Vista or 7, though I think you have to go to Personalize Desktop or somesuch.

factotum
2010-07-07, 01:21 AM
I agree with Lesser_minion--more info required!

Commander McCoy
2010-07-07, 01:38 AM

4) Choose "Selected Items" from the dropdown list in the Advanced Appearance window
6) Click on Okay

This should be fairly similar for Windows Vista or 7, though I think you have to go to Personalize Desktop or somesuch.

http://memegenerator.net/Foul-Bachelor-Frog/ImageMacro/1533970/Foul-Bachelor-Frog-CHANGE-TEXT-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR-QUALITY-OF-LIFE-SIGNIFICANTLY-IMPROVED-.jpg

Deathslayer7
2010-07-07, 01:40 AM

6) Click on Okay

now if you are a mac user you are sol. :smalltongue:

IonDragon
2010-07-09, 09:55 AM
http://www.roosterteethvideos.com/comic/RT_Comic_Ep63_Outsourcing.jpg

That is all.

DoomITP
2010-07-09, 11:46 AM
Well I fixed it but now when I start up the computer, (It is an XP by the way) the colors are changed on their own.