PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 - Act one, The Sisters' Burial Grounds

Pages : [1] 2

Ernir
2010-07-06, 07:12 PM
OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151440)

Your party returns from the Den of Evil to find Kashya talking in hushed tones with one of her archers, one you have not seen in camp before. The archer soon runs off again, but Kashya is left standing with a worried frown. She turns to face you.

"My Rogue scouts have just reported an abomination in the Monastery graveyard! Apparently, Andariel is not content to take only our living. Blood Raven, one of our finest captains in the battle against Diablo at Tristram, was also one of the first to be corrupted by Andariel. Now, you'll find her in the Monastery graveyard raising our dead as zombies! We cannot abide this defilement! If you are truly our ally, you will help us destroy her.

Death has done nothing to weaken Blood Raven's combat skills. If anything, she's more deadly than ever."

Tyrael
2010-07-06, 10:05 PM
"Perhaps naming her Blood Raven was a bad idea," Davian suggests tactfully. "Nevertheless, I swear on my honor that I shall do as you ask and purge this foul perversion."

senrath
2010-07-06, 10:15 PM
"Well, we can handle a few more zombies. Can't we boy?" Lysenko said, directing the last comment at the very large beetle that was happily chirping next to him.

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-07, 12:35 PM
Vorin

A short, dark-haired young man of average build is in the camp. He seems mild-mannered and quiet, but has a vaguely reptilian cast about him.

"Hello. I am Vorin. I'd like to help you fight zombies, if that's okay." Vorin looks at your newly-found treasures. "Oooh, those are nice! That's a ...."

Vorin uses Magical Insight to identify the new magic items. NN 4 Cain.

Ernir
2010-07-07, 07:11 PM
The Cold Plains

You and the man you just met, Vorin, head out into the wilderness again. You follow the path through the Blood Moor, and towards an ancient-looking gate, which you have been told you have to go through in order to reach the Rogue's burial grounds.

The Rogue who you saw Kashya speak to earlier is waiting near the gate. She shouts out a warning as you pass through. "Beware. Beyond lies mortal danger for the likes of you..."

True enough, you have only travelled along the road for a few more minutes when you spot an encampment of Fallen. It looks deserted at first, but when you come in closer, you see a single, elderly shaman near its center.
You move in, hoping for an easy kill, but as it turns out...

Ambush! You are nearly caught off guard, as the Fallen come swarming in. One of them shouts "Fo Bishibosh!"

There is no surprise round, but they won initiative.

Bishibosh (the shaman): Shoots a fireball, which hits Vorin and Lysenko. [roll0] fire damage, reflex DC 18 for half.

EDIT: FFS, roll messup.

Ernir
2010-07-07, 07:14 PM
The Cold Plains

The fallen attack you with daggers, but they are not very good at it!
F1 attacks Davian: [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack damage
F2 attacks Davian: [roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] sneak attack damage
F3 attacks Nuru: [roll6] for [roll7] plus [roll8] sneak attack damage
F4 attacks Nuru: [roll9] for [roll10] plus [roll11] sneak attack damage

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains1.png

"Bi" is the shaman you spotted first. The light grey line is the road, the dark grey blob is a rock, the brown squares are tents, and the orange square is a small bonfire.

Lysenko's bug is missing. How big is it? :smalltongue:

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-07, 07:31 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves till his enemies line up nicely for him, and breathes goeey, web-like electricity upon them.

Fireball save: [roll0]

Step to S15 and breathe with Entangling Exhalation (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Entangling_Exhalation) active to S10, which hits F2, F6 and Bishibosh.

Breath [roll1] damage, DC 17 for half, entangle and residual damage lasting [roll2] rounds.

Edit: I hadn't said so, but I assumed I would cast Endure Exposure on all my party members each day, so they're immune to my breath weapon. Is that active for this fight?

Tyrael
2010-07-07, 09:47 PM
Davain Fallstar

Davian grimaces as a blade bites into his thigh. Whirling around with his blazing sword held high, he wreaks his vengeance upon the small demon.

[roll0]for [roll1][roll2], total of [8] damage.

Wow, WORST ROLLS EVER.

Ernir
2010-07-08, 03:10 PM
The Cold Plains

The Fallen look confused for the second before they start screaming in pain, the lightning clinging to their skin like tar. Even Bishibosh is affected.

For a moment, it looks like Davian's retaliatory strike is going to miss, but the shocks have dulled the Fallen's reflexes, and the sword strikes home.
Yay, dex penalties due to entanglement! This fight just got easy.

F6 reflex: [roll0]
Bishibosh reflex: [roll1]

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains3.png

"Bu" is Lysenko's new buggy.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-08, 03:27 PM
Naim

Continuing with his usual tactic of getting away from his friends and attacking the bad guy's Naim runs forward and chops one of the fallen.

Move to Q10 and [roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and (since I'm pretty sure we didn't wind up selling the flaming axe) [roll2] Fire Damage

Stats:
AC: 15 (T11, FF14)
HP: 36/36
Bolts left: 26
Spells:
First Level: 7/7
Second Level: 4/4

senrath
2010-07-08, 03:36 PM
Lysenko

Grunting in pain as the flames washed over him, Lysenko quickly moved to counter attack. Waving his hand and crying out in an obscure language, a large winged beast appeared directly behind Bishibosh. Rearing up, the Hippogriff savagely attacked the shaman, using all of its available limbs.

C'tksin quickly moved forwards as well, risking a strike from one of the Fallen as it moved to bathe Bishibosh and its minions in a wave of acid.

Saving throw!
[roll0]

Lysenko moves to S14 and summons a Hippogriff at S7-T8, who takes a full attack action against Bishibosh. If Bishibosh survives, it will declare its Dodge on him. Else it will declare Dodge vs F6. C'tksin moves to S12, potentially provoking an attack from F1, and uses its Acid Spray ability. It's a 10-foot cone, so I think it can be angled to hit F5, F6, and Bi. If not, it'll hit F6 and Bi.

C'tksin
[roll1] DC 15 Fort to negate.

Hippogriff
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Hippogriff Current AC: 15 (16 versus Dodge target)
Hippogriff HP: 27/27
Hippogriff Turns: 8/8

C'tksin Current AC: 16
C'tksin HP: 22/22

Lysenko Current AC: 15
Lysenko HP: 26/44
Spells:
1st: 7/7
2nd: 2/4

Ernir
2010-07-08, 03:38 PM
The Cold Plains

Naimhdeach runs up to one of the Fallen guarding Bishibosh, and kills it in the face with his axe.

I don't think an AoO from F4 is avoidable (you'd need another 5' of movement to be able to circle it). Stab: [roll0] for [roll1] points of damage.

Tavar
2010-07-08, 04:00 PM
Forsaken

Moving a bit forward, Forsaken once again uses his mighty breath, intrigued though that someone else would share his abilities.

Power aura active, +2 damage.

5ft step to 13, breathe dealing [roll0] acid damage [roll1] to F% and Bi

Ernir
2010-07-08, 04:36 PM
The Cold Plains

The winged beast appears with a roar, and starts slashing at Bishibosh. Bishibosh manages to duck beneath the first claw swing, evokes a shield of fire at the last possible moment to block the second, but the beak finds flesh. "Kvuuack!"
Immediately after, the bug sprays its acid all over the pair, leaving a nasty, sour smell, and the Fallen warrior on the ground.

[roll0]
F6 fort - [roll1]

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains4.png

Ernir
2010-07-09, 03:31 PM
Nuru

Nuru steps around, and with a grunt, attempts to turn one of the Fallen into guisarme-goo, but manages to poke himself in the foot instead. "Nuru starting to think gods not watching out for him any more."

5' step to P13, attack F3. [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Maneuvers:
Crusader's Strike (Withheld), Vanguard Strike (Granted), Leading the Attack (Withheld), Douse the Flames (Granted), Foehammer (Granted)

Ernir
2010-07-09, 03:42 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken moves to the front, and delivers a jet of acid that hits Bishibosh right in the face. The shaman collapses instantly.

Sorry, but I really have no idea how you meant to move/aim earlier. :smallfrown:
I'm guessing you meant to hit Bishibosh. Well, finishing him was no problem with that damage roll. :smalltongue:

Ernir
2010-07-09, 03:45 PM
The Cold Plains

The remaining Fallen, finding themselves in the thick of melee, seem to decide that trying to kill you all is their best chance of survival.

F3 steps to S14, attacks Davian. [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack damage.
F1 attacks Davian. [roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] sneak attack damage.
F4 steps to Q14, attacks Lysenko. [roll6] for [roll7] plus [roll8] sneak attack damage.

Quadruple posting FTL. :smallfrown:

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains5.png

Tyrael
2010-07-09, 04:46 PM
Davian grits his teeth and slashes again.

[roll1][1d6+3, total [8]

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-09, 05:58 PM
Vorin

Vorin chances the blade of his enemy to line up his targets again to unleash his breath upon them.

Move to O14, taking the AoO from F3 but avoiding the other threatened squares, and breathes electricity on all 3 enemies.

Still using Entangling Exhalation: [roll0] damage.

Ernir
2010-07-10, 06:47 AM
The Cold Plains

Davian chops down another Fallen with a single swing of his sword. Vorin circles the battle, taking an ugly knife wound in the process, and breathes another jet of lightning. One of them manages to avoid the very worst of it, but the other is killed instantly.

[roll0] for [roll1] (crit, 5 damage total).
[roll2]
[roll3]

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains6.png

senrath
2010-07-10, 12:21 PM
Lysenko

As the summoned Hippogriff came charging at the remaining Fallen, C'tksin and Lysenko scrambled out of the way. C'tksin then took a shot at the Fallen.

Lysenko takes a Total Defense and moves to U14. C'tksin moves to R15, and attacks F4. Hippogriff comes charging down and attacks F4.

C'tksin
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hippogriff
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hippogriff Current AC: 13 (14 versus Dodge target)
Hippogriff Turns: 7/8

Lysenko Current AC: 19
Lysenko HP: 18/44
Spells:

Ernir
2010-07-10, 05:21 PM
The Cold Plains

The hippogriff slashes the little Fallen across the face. It dies on the spot.

You won. Loot!

Each of the fallen (there were six of them) had a masterwork dagger and were wearing non-masterwork leather armor. The daggers had rubies engraved in them, which Vorin identifies as least crystals of energy assault: Fire.

Bishibosh was wearing Bracers of Armor +1, a masterwork kukri, and a Cloak of Charisma +2.

Searching the tents reveals nothing of real value. These guys were broke.

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-10, 11:58 PM
Vorin

w00t for l00t!

I'll take the bracers if no one objects; it and the cloak are the only things we've got I can actually use, but I think Naimdach or Lysenko can put the cloak to better use as my breath DCs use my CON.

Drink two potions of Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]

Ernir
2010-07-12, 07:45 PM
The Cold Plains

As you come to the ruins of an old guardhouse overseeing an intersection on the road, you encounter a group of rogues.
The joy of meeting allies on the road fades quickly, though, as you see them more closely. Their skins are pale, and their clothes tattered and torn. You had heard vague stories of rogues other than Blood Raven being corrupted by evil, and now you have the confirmation. They turn to face you.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains7.png
The Corrupt Spearwomen are wielding longspears, the Corrupt Rogues are wielding a sword and board.

Dark grey = rocks and walls
Light grey = road

Tyrael
2010-07-12, 08:54 PM
Davian Fallstar

The paladin raises his shield with a cry of defiance as he charges forward.

Double-Move to O-10.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-13, 02:08 PM
Naim

In an attempt to attain a small tactical advantage Naim moves to a better position. Here we go again. At least I might be useful this time, with living opponents.

Double move to (I think I got it right this time) H7

Stats:
HP: 36/36
Spells:
First Level: 7/7

senrath
2010-07-13, 02:40 PM
Lysenko

"I think I'll save my big spells for when we get to Blood Raven herself." Lysenko said, moving forwards and directing C'tksin forwards as well.

Both take a Total Defense. Lysenko moves to N13, C'tksin to M12.
C'tksin Current AC: 20

Lysenko HP: 29/55
Spells:

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-13, 06:36 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves to back up Davian, and fires his breath weapon at the only enemy in range.

Move to O11 and fire entangling lightning breath at CS in M5 (do the critters need numbers?).

Half of [roll0] damage, Reflex DC 18 for half of that, entangled for [roll1] rounds

Ernir
2010-07-14, 04:13 PM
The Cold Plains

The corrupt spearwoman releases a hissing scream as the lightning breath hits her, but she does not seem to be about to go down.

http://i29.tinypic.com/54dkc7.png

Forgot to number them earlier, sorry about that...

Tyrael
2010-07-14, 06:12 PM
Davian Fallstar

Raising his sword, Davian charges forward with a shout.

Charge to N6, Charge Attack vs CS3.
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-14, 07:51 PM
The Corrupted Rogues haven't had their turn yet, I believe we're waiting for Tavar to move.

In any case, don't charge the entangled one, she's still got two rounds to cook. :smallbiggrin:

Ernir
2010-07-16, 01:17 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken moves forward, and takes a deep breath.

Readied action: If two or more Corrupt Rogues/Spearwomen come within range, breath weapon them for [roll0] points of acid damage.

(Recharge in [roll1] rounds if it triggers. Which, incidentally, it does.)

The Den of Evil

The corrupt rogues attack, muttering unholy curses as they do so. The spear-wielding women charge, the others circle around, apparently trying to establish a flank.
In addition... it seems that not all the rogues have forgotten their skills at stealth and archery. Before anyone can so much as shout out a warning, three more combatants appear, shooting arrows at the unaware Naimhdeach. The sniping attack ruins their cover, however, and they can now be plainly seen by all of you.

Sniping attacks!
Corrupt Archer 1 @ Naim: [roll2] for [roll3]
Corrupt Archer 2 @ Naim: [roll4] for [roll5]
Corrupt Archer 3 @ Naim: [roll6] for [roll7]

Corrupt Rogue 1 @ Naim: [roll8] for [roll9]
Corrupt Rogue 1 @ Davian: [roll10] for [roll11]

Corrupt Spearwoman 1 @ Buggy [roll12] for [roll13]
Corrupt Spearwoman 2 @ Buggy [roll14] for [roll15]
Corrupt Spearwoman 3 @ Davian [roll16] for [roll17]

Naim and Davian must make DC 15 Will saves!
Those of you who are within 10' of a Corrupt Spearwoman have their AC decreased by 1!

Reflex saves against the breath weapons that hit this round:
CS1: [roll18] (Hit by Forsaken)
CS2: [roll19] (Hit by Forsaken)
CS3: [roll20] (Hit by Vorin)

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains9.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-16, 03:22 PM
Vorin

Vorin risks it and decides to join Forsaken in blasting their enemies. "If they live, they'll be hampered for Davian to smack them."

Damage to CS3 from entanglement: [roll0].

Cast Defensively to avoid AoO from CS2: [roll1]. If successful, breath Entangling Exhalation on CS1 and CS2: half of [roll2] damage, DC18 for half of that.

5' step to O12.

Edit: YAY :smallsmile: for casting defensively and residual damage roll. BOO :smallmad: for new damage roll.

Ernir
2010-07-16, 11:01 PM
The Cold Plains

Two of the spearwomen run C'tksin through, killing it instantly. They pay dearly for their aggression, however, as their charge places them in an extraordinarily vulnerable spot against Vorin's gooey dragon breath.

Reflex saves vs. Vorin's breath weapon:
CS1: [roll0]
CS2: [roll1]

Damage counter:
CS1: 17
CS2: 17
CS3: 12

Tyrael, I have not yet carried out Davian's action, in case you want to change it based on the map that wasn't there when you posted.

PPR, using a breath weapon does not provoke AoOs, as breath weapons are Supernatural abilities rather than Spell-like abilities. So no need to be all defensive. :smalltongue:

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains10.png

Tyrael
2010-07-16, 11:10 PM
Thanks. Can I change my attack target to CR2 and still keep the rolls I made earlier?

senrath
2010-07-16, 11:21 PM
Lysenko

Screeching in pain, the bug spun and sprayed acid over the two rogues that had injured it.

"Well, maybe just one spell..." Lysenko said, summoning another Hippogriff, which immediately tried to savage the nearest rogue.

[roll0] Acid damage, DC 15 to negate. Hits CS1 and CS2.
Hippogriff takes a full attack on CS2. Declares dodge on CS1.

Hippogriff
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Hippogriff Turns: 8/8

C'tksin HP: 2/22

Spells:
2nd: 1/4

Ernir
2010-07-18, 06:44 PM
Davian

Davian's blade bites deep into the nearby rogue's thigh.

10 points of damage to CR2.

Only really posting because there was a DC 15 Will save that was missing. :smalltongue:
[roll0]

Naimhdeach

Naim retreats back a step, and curses the rogue who just attacked him.

5' step to J7, Cause Fear on CR1. Rolling the save against that right here: [roll1]

The DC 15 Will save Naim has to make: [roll2]

Forsaken

Forsaken steps forward, and tries his utmost to bring the closest spearwoman down.
5' step to N11, full attack on CS2.
[roll3] for [roll4]
[roll5] for [roll6]

Ernir
2010-07-18, 07:06 PM
The Cold Plains

The rogue facing Naimhdeach turns heel and runs to the safety of her companions, cursing the whole time.Forsaken stabs another right into the heart. The hippogriff turns out to be a true beast on the battlefield, savaging one spearwoman on the spot, and turning around to bite another's head off with a hideous sucking noise.

CR1 retreats to F5, frightened. Naimhdeach must make another DC 15 Will save.
CR2 stabs at Davian: [roll0] for [roll1] points of damage.
The archers fire another volley at Naim:
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

Enemy damage counter:
CS1: DOWN
CS2: DOWN
CS3: DOWN
CR2: 10
(The rest are healthy.)

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains11.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-19, 12:23 PM
Vorin

I think the hippogriff will want to dance with the archers. Let's make sure they stick around for it.

Vorin moves towards the pack of archers, shooting them with his entangling breath.

Residual damage on CS3: [roll0]

Move to J10 and shoot entangling lightning breath at CA1 and CA3 (and maybe CA2, not sure if the line passes through that square). Half of [roll1] damage, Reflex DC18 save for half of that.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-19, 01:12 PM
Naim
[roll0]
Okay, that's it. I've had just about enough of being your pincussion! Naim shouts as he moves to confront the snipers.

Move to G4 and burn 2 of my Rebuke attempts to deal [roll1] damage to all living creatures within 30ft (which gets CR1 and all the CA's while missing the Hippogriph, I believe) and heal the same amount (which I'll edit in later. Incidently, the feat doesn't say whether you're supposed to roll a single D6 or roll individually. I'd rather roll individually, but if it's anything like other AoE effects (fireball, breath weapon, etc) then it's just one roll, so that's what I did. I'm fairly sure, however, that I heal the same as the damage to each individual, as if i've sucked some of the life fource right out of them. If you'd prefer I do it differently obviously I will.)
EDIT: Well.... those rolls sucked.
Stats:
HP: 18/45
Rebuke attempts: 8/10
Spells:
First Level: 6/7
Ongoing Effects: –2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour (600 rounds)

senrath
2010-07-19, 03:16 PM
Lysenko

Unfurling it's massive wings, the Hippogriff took the skies. Scant seconds later, it landed, striking out at one of the archers with a massive claw. Lysenko and the bug fall back, focusing on defense.

The Hippogriff has a fly speed of 100 (average) so I'm pretty sure it can fly up, then down, and land at D4-E5. It then attacks CA1, and declares CR1 as its Dodge target. Bug takes a total defense and moves to Q16. Lysenko takes a total defense and moves to R17.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hippogriff Turns: 7/8

Spells:

Ernir
2010-07-19, 06:42 PM
The Den of Evil

Things start looking bad for the cornered rogues as the hippogriff nearly squashes one with a dive, Naimhdeach sucks the life out of them, and Vorin keeps pelting them with the sticky breath. They all remain standing, but not one of them escapes unscathed.

CA1's reflex save: [roll0]
CA3's reflex save: [roll1]

CA1: 14
CA2: 2
CA3: 4
CR1: 2
CR2: DOWN, after Davian is done with it.

Map:http://i26.tinypic.com/qx475c.png

Tyrael
2010-07-19, 06:51 PM
Davian wavers, shaken, before making another brave slice at the cursed woman.

[roll0] CR2. [roll1][roll2]=7

Ernir
2010-07-20, 08:15 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken moves into position, waiting for his breath to recover.

Double move to F11.

The Cold Plains

With the Hippogriff in their midsts, the archers scatter, trying to recover their ground before opening fire again. The sword-wielder next to Naim remains steady.

CR1 @ Naim: [roll0] for [roll1]
CA1: Tumble to C8 [roll2], shoots Naim [roll3] for [roll4] Provokes AoO from Hippo
CA2: Tumble to E8 [roll5], shoots hippo [roll6] for [roll7]
CA3: 5' step to F8, shoots Naim [roll8] for [roll9]
Damage counter:
CA1: 14
CA2: 2
CA3: 4

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains13.png

Tyrael
2010-07-20, 09:44 PM
Davian Fallstar

As the woman falls at his feet, Davian wastes no time in making haste towards the Archers.

Double Move to G10.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-21, 11:45 AM
Naim
[roll0] <--Ignore this... I quote myself for ease in relation to the stat block and forgot to delete this part, which had a roll0 thing in it. Apparently if you have roll0 in tags it'll actually show the roll that gets designated roll0....

Well, that was mildly irritating. In responce to the sword wielder, Naim decides to open up with his own blade.

[roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage
Stats:
HP: 16/45 (I keep forgetting about my DR, so I'm going to start listing it here. DR 2/M+B)
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: –2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour (599 rounds left. Why keep track? Because I'm that OCD.)

Ernir
2010-07-21, 04:57 PM
The Cold Plains

Davian edges closer to the battle that is still in full swing. The hippogriff guts one of the archers as she tries to escape, and Naimhdeach is locked in a less successful melee with a Rogue.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains14.png

senrath
2010-07-21, 05:06 PM
Lysenko

As Lysenko and his buggy companion held tight, the summoned Hippogriff moved to continue its reign of terror, ignoring the rogue next to it in favor of attacking the one that had shot him.

Hippogriff moves down two squares, provoking an AoO from CR1 (which is still it's Dodge target). It then claws at CA2. C'tksin and Lysenko take Total Defense actions, and hold tight.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hippogriff HP: 23/27
Hippogriff Turns: 6/8

Spells:

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-21, 05:22 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves in for the kill, breathing his most damaging lightning at his foes.

Residual damage on CA3: [roll0]

Move to I8 and breath lightning (no entangle) at CA2 and CA3: [roll1] damage, DC 18 Reflex save for half.

Edit: oh FFS. :smallfurious:

Ernir
2010-07-22, 05:04 PM
Forsaken

Forsaken moves towards the wall, and with supernatural agility, heaves himself on top of it. Taking advantage of his higher ground, he slashes down at the cornered archers.

Forsaken has Spider Climb, no Climb check necessary to scale the wall.

Longsword on CR2 CR3, for reasons of CR2 being dead: [roll0] for [roll1] (reduce attack roll by 2 for lack of flanking)

The Cold Plains

The hippo moves in closer, crushing one of the archers up against the wall with a sharp, deadly claw. Forsaken takes care of the other as he appears on top of it on the wall, chopping it in the head. An arc of lightning from Vorin seals their fate.

AoO on hippo: [roll2] for [roll3]
Hippo's crit hit confirmation: [roll4] for [roll5] extra damage

CA2's reflex: [roll6]
CA3's reflex: [roll7]

CA2: DOWN
CA3: DOWN

Ernir
2010-07-22, 05:30 PM
The Cold Plains

The last, remaining rogue continues its fight with Naim, as Davian moves around the wall. "Fool! There will be no victory for you against the Maiden of Anguish!"

CR1 @ Naim: [roll0] for [roll1]
Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains15.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-22, 06:02 PM
Naim
And there shall be no victory for you against the Master of Shut-your-damn-face-when-your-side's-loosing! Naim manages to grunt out while swinging his axe.

[roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage EDIT: Sigh... Why do the dice gods hate me now?

Stats:
HP: 16/45 (DR 2/M+B)
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: –2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour (598 rounds left. Why keep track? Because I'm that OCD.)

Tyrael
2010-07-22, 06:04 PM
Davian Fallstar

Davian clambers over the wall and moves up to strike the Rogue.

Move Action: Climb over the wall
Move Action 2: Move to F6.

Ernir
2010-07-23, 07:22 PM
The Den of Evil

The single remaining rogue looks desperate, knowing its end is near.

Don't have time to write down all their loot right now, so someone use the extra granted time to SHOOT IT! :smalltongue:

senrath
2010-07-23, 07:26 PM
Lysenko

Whipping around, the Hippogriff attempted to do to the last rogue as it had done to many of the others.

Same deal as normal, except that Lysenko will pull out, and drink, one of his potions of CLW.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Hippogriff HP: 17/27
Hippogriff Turns: 6/8

Spells:

Ernir
2010-07-24, 09:58 AM
The Cold Plains

The last rogue goes down with a cry beneath the hippogriff's claws and beak, and the Cold Plains suddenly sound a lot more quiet afterwards.

After a short discussion and a search through the corrupt rogues' belongings, your band of heroes decides to follow the road heading east.

Loot!

You find...
8x masterwork studded leather armors
2x masterwork heavy steel shields
2x masterwork longswords
2x hexbands (described on page 112 of the MIC. Tell me whether you need stats.)
3x longspears +1
3x shortbows +1
3x daggers (not masterwork)

[roll0] GP
2 potions of Cure Light Wounds
1 potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
1 potion of Mana 1 (works similar to a Pearl of Power 1, except it is one use only and can replenish a spontaneous casters' spell slot instead of just prepared spells)

Ernir
2010-07-24, 01:29 PM
The Cold Plains

You follow the road east to what looks like a way away from the Cold Plains. Near the gate, however, lies... an abomination. Over 10' tall and made of what looks like a solid lump of oozing flesh, it stands like some kind of grotesque guardtower.
Several hungry-looking, flying monsters circle the fleshy structure. As you approach, they stop their aimless circling, and start closing in on you. The connection between the abomination and the monsters becomes clear as the abomination spews out another monster with a wet squish.

Touch attacks:
@FM:[roll0], grapple: 14
@FM:[roll1], grapple: 15
@Vorin:[roll2], grapple: 9
@Vorin:[roll3], grapple: 14
@Davian:[roll4], grapple: 17
@Davian:[roll5], grapple: 17
@Buggy:[roll6], grapple: 19
@Buggy:[roll7], grapple: 6

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains16.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-24, 03:44 PM
Vorin

Vorin tries to resist the grappling creatures, breathing on the massed pack.

Pretty sure I should have gotten an AoO on one of the Foul Crows (because I'm wielding a reach weapon, not because they're grappling). So... AoO on FC3: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

Opposing the grapples:
[roll2]
[roll3]

I think I can still use my breath weapon while grappled. So, breath Slow Entangling Exhalation towards due north of Vorin, which should catch FC1, FC2, FC3, and FC4, with an outside chance on FC5, depending on how the cone is drawn (I'm fuzzy on that, honestly). Slowed for 2 rounds, DC18 Fort save to be slowed for only 1, entangled for [roll4] rounds.

Cumulative effects of slow and entangled: -3 to hit, -3 AC, -3 Reflex saves, move at 1/4th speed, limited to one move action or one standard action.

Assuming I'm not grappled, 5' step to D15. But I am. :smalleek:

Ernir
2010-07-26, 02:34 AM
The Cold Plains

Vorin launches a jet of flame just as the monster attacked, but the flapping of its wings and the fact that it is trying to bite him with a nasty-looking beak is enough to turn the fires into a harmless cough.

senrath
2010-07-26, 04:15 PM
Lysenko

As the beetle resisted the crows and attempted to spray acid over them, Lysenko summoned a wolf to aid in the fight.

Opposing the checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] To break away from one of them if the first checks fail. Otherwise spraying acid on FC6 and FC7 for [roll3] damage, DC 15 fort negates.

Wolf is summoned at G13, and attacks FC3.

[roll4]
[roll5]

Wolf Current AC: 14
Wolf HP: 15/15
Turns: 10/10

Lysenko HP: 33/55
Spells:
1st: 6/7

Ernir
2010-07-26, 06:00 PM
The Cold Plains

One of the foul beasts fails to grab C'tksin, but the other latches on, and tries to suck out it juices, but the quick bug manages to shake it off. A wolf joins the battle, which promptly rips one of the monsters attacking Vorin away from him, tearing it apart as if it were made of paper.
The foul crow's attempt to keep buggy from escaping: [roll0] EDIT: buggy escapes!

The wolf can't reach FC3 at G13, assuming it stepped to F13 before attacking.Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains17.png

Tyrael
2010-07-26, 07:46 PM
"Bah! Foul beasts!" Davian shouts, swinging at the birds with his shield fruitlessly. "Begone! Argh!"

Failed my grapple checks, still grappling with the Foul Crows.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-26, 08:29 PM
Naim
Huh. Well that's a bit disconcerting. Naim says, seeing the birds' method of attack. His face scrunches in thought for a moment, then clears, as he reaches into his belt pouch. Bassciath, he mutters, smearing some goo on his chest, and a surge of dark energy enwraps his body. Then he moves up to help his friends, gripping his axe firmly.

Standard: Cast Death Armor(any creature attacking me without a reach weapon takes 1d4+2 damage),
Move: Move to D11.

Stats:
HP: 45/45 (DR 2/M+B)
Spells:
Second Level: 3/4
Ongoing Effects: 1d4+2 damage to anybody attacking me without a reach weapon for 5 rounds.
–2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls?

Ernir
2010-07-27, 11:45 AM
The Cold Plains

Be it for the crow's lack of reach or it being too busy trying to punch a hole in Forsaken, Naimhdeach manages to circle the melee safely.

Ernir
2010-07-27, 07:02 PM
The Cold Plains

Forsaken and Davian struggle against the flying menaces, and manage to shake them off. Vorin and the bug still aren't entirely free, and are significantly wounded from the struggle. The ones not latched on to those two fly around, seeking new, easier targets. Two of them decide that this target is Naimhdeach, but they don't live to find out they are wrong, being struck dead the moment they touch him.

The nest quakes and bulges, as if ready to burst from within.
Forsaken activates his Energy Shield.

FC4 stabs Vorin for [roll0] points of Constitution damage.
FC7 stabs buggy for [roll1] points of Constitution damage.

FC1@Naimhdeach. Touch attack: [roll2]. Ironically, if it hits, it dies due to the retributive damage that is going on. :smalltongue:
FC2@Naimhdeach. Touch attack: [roll3], if it hits it dies.
FC4 does nothing, just keeps OmNomNoming on Vorin's blood.
FC5 shifts to E13, attacks Wolfie. Touch attack: [roll4], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll5], opposed by [roll6].
FC6 tries for buggy again. Touch attack: [roll7], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll8], opposed by [roll9]
FC7 keeps drinking. Stabs buggy, takes 4 points of damage, fails to start grapple.
FC8 flies to Lysenko, provokes AoO from Davian (and buggy, if it isn't grappled) and stabs. Touch attack: [roll10], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll11], opposed by [roll12]
FC9 flies to Wolfie and stabs. Touch attack: [roll13], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll14], opposed by [roll15].
Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains18.png

Tyrael
2010-07-27, 07:50 PM
Shaking off his assailants, Davian eagerly lashes out at them in return.

AoO vs FC8: [roll0][roll1][roll2]
Attack vs FC4:
[roll3][roll4][roll5]

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-27, 09:24 PM
Vorin

Vorin tries to concentrate long enough to breathe on the sucking little mosquito.

DC20 Concentration check: [roll0]

If successful, breathe due east to hit FC4 and FC9: [roll1], DC18 Reflex for half

Edit: BAH, two 2's in a row on my Conc check! :smallfurious:

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-28, 01:29 PM
Naim
Even more effective than I thought it would be. Excillent! Naim says, glancing down at the dead birds at his feet. Let's see how this goes then, he finishes, stepping up to the next enemy.
5ft step to E12 and [roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage

Stats:
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: 1d4+2 damage to anybody attacking me without a reach weapon for 4 rounds.
–2 to attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Ernir
2010-07-28, 02:06 PM
The Cold Plains

Davian swings around in an impressive arch, cutting down the monster headed for Lysenko, but completely fails to follow up with a swing on the one holding on to Vorin, who still can't manage to unleash his draconic breath. Naimhdeach splats another with his axe.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains19.png

Tyrael
2010-07-28, 11:37 PM
Redoubling his efforts, Davian slashes again.

Attacking FC4.

[roll0][roll1][roll2]

senrath
2010-07-29, 04:27 PM
Lysenko

The bug continued to try and fight off the crow that was gripping it as the wolf spun, snapping at the crow that had dared to attack it. Lysenko himself focused on defense.

Wolf attacks FC9. Bug tries to break free. Lysenko takes a total defense.

Bug
[roll0]

Wolf:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Spells:

Ernir
2010-07-29, 05:08 PM
The Cold Plains

With the loud scrape of tiny claws against its exoskeleton, C'tksin manages to shake itself loose. Meanwhile, the wolf takes down another monster.
Vorin looks pale and weak, still at the mercy of the monster sucking on his blood. Davian notices, and cuts it off, not a moment too soon. Forsaken charges the monsters still harassing the bug, chopping it down, the other kills itself trying to attack through his acid aura.

There were no monsters remaining, but you realize that time is still against you as the nest spews out four more, still wet and slippery.
Vorin takes another [roll0] points of Constitution damage. (Remeber the penalty to your breath weapon DC! :smallbiggrin:)
Forsaken charges FC6: [roll1] for [roll2] points of damage.

NEW ROUND BEGINS here! Yet to act this round: Davian, Forsaken, Lysenko, Naimhdeach, Vorin.

Nest spits out four new Foul Crows!
FC6 goes for buggy, dies if it hits: [roll3] (That is if Forsaken didn't kill it already)
FC7 goes for buggy, dies if it hits: [roll4]

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains20.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-07-29, 05:42 PM
Naim

That.... was a sight I could have done without.... Naim sighs as he rushes over to the foul thing, in hopes of figuring out how to destroy it, confident in his armor's ability to protect him.

Double move to O13.

Stats:
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: 1d4+2 damage to anybody attacking me without a reach weapon for 3 rounds.

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-29, 07:51 PM
Vorin

Vorin looks gratefully to Davian. "Much obliged, my good man, much obliged!" he says as he chugs a healing potion.

Drink a potion of CLW: [roll0].

5' step to E13.

Ernir
2010-07-31, 12:06 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko's animals charge forward, while Lysenko himself takes more care in getting closer to the new battle.

Wolfy charges FC1 for [roll0] for [roll1]
Buggy charges FC1 for [roll2] for [roll3]

Lysenko takes total defense, and moves to I16.

Forsaken

Forsaken tries his best to keep up with his less armored companions.

Double move to N14.

The Cold Plains

The brave party marches forward, Naimhdeach in the lead. As he gets closer, the smell of the fleshy nest becomes overpowering, assaulting his nostrils like the stench of a putrid corpse. Lysenko's troops seem similarly displeased.

Naimhdeach, buggy, and wolfie must roll a DC 15 Fort save vs. being Sickened.

New round! Yet to act this round: Everyone.

FC1 attacks wolfie. Touch attack: [roll4], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll5], opposed by [roll6]. FC1 is dead.
FC2 attacks Naim. Touch attack: [roll7], if it hits, it dies.
FC3 attacks buggy. Touch attack: [roll8], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll9], opposed by [roll10].
FC4 attacks buggy. Touch attack: [roll11], if it hits, it takes 4 points of damage and grapples for [roll12], opposed by [roll13].

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains21.png

senrath
2010-07-31, 01:04 PM
Lysenko

While the bug snapped at one of the crows, the wolf tried to take a chunk out of the...thing that was producing more crows.

Lysenko himself continued to focus on defense as he approached the thing.

Wolf attacks the nest. Bug attacks FC3. Lysenko takes a total defense and moves to M16.

Bug:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Turns: 8/10

Spells:

Tyrael
2010-07-31, 01:38 PM
Dashing forward, Davian slashes viciously at one of the crows.

Charge to M15, attack FC3. [roll0][roll1][roll2]

peterpaulrubens
2010-07-31, 03:45 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves forward and breathes lightning on the abomination before him.

Move to K16, breathe lightning on the Nest: [roll0] damage, DC 14 Reflex (does a nest have Reflexes? ) save for half.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-08-01, 12:20 PM
Naim

HA! Naim bursts out as the crow attacks and effectively kills itself I love that! Never gets old. His face sobers a bit and turns a little green as he catches a whif of the monstrosity before him. He looks at the crow spewing mess, wondering how best to destroy it. Shrugging he hefts his axe and decides to play psychotic lumber jack.

First off 1d20+4
I'll redo that in the OOC thread.
Then 5' step to P13 and [roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage

Stats:
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: 1d4+2 damage to anybody attacking me without a reach weapon for 2 rounds.

Ernir
2010-08-01, 02:13 PM
The Cold Plains

Davian fishes a crow out of the air with the edge of his sword, but C'tksin has less luck. The rest of the party pounds on the nest, hacking off and scorching huge slabs of meat, threatening to bring the whole thing to collapse. It nevertheless manages to spew out another monster.

Forsaken moves to P15, attacks FC4: [roll0] for [roll1] (misses)

The nest has reflexes, but truly horrid ones. [roll2]

Nest damage count: 43

NEW ROUND BEGINS! Yet to act: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains22.png
Update: FC4 is dead.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-01, 02:47 PM
Vorin

Vorin keeps blasting at the foul fowl nest.

Breathe lightning on the nest: [roll0], DC 14 Reflex for half.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-08-01, 05:45 PM
Naim

Naim continues to pretend to be a lumberjack in someone's fevered acid dream.

[roll0] for [roll1] Slashing Damage and [roll2] Fire Damage
EDIT: Really GitP roller? Really?

Stats:
Spells:
Ongoing Effects: 1d4+2 damage to anybody attacking me without a reach weapon for 1 more round.

senrath
2010-08-01, 05:55 PM
Lysenko

Both C'tksin and the wolf lunged at the nest, trying to tear it to pieces. Seeing that he wasn't needed, Lysenko held put.

Wolf attacks the nest. Bug attacks the nest. Lysenko takes a total defense and stays put.

Bug:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Turns: 7/10

Spells:

Ernir
2010-08-02, 02:53 PM
The Cold Plains

Vorin's last blast of lightning causes the nest to crack and blacken, even though it somehow retracts its softest bits back into itself to shield them from the worst of it. Lysenko's wolf finishes it off, tearing off something that seems to have been vital. The wound squirts out some thick, ghastly liquid by the gallon, and the whole structure collapses like a balloon that just lost the air.

The last monster dies as it tries to stab through Naimhdeach's armor of death.

Nest reflexes: [roll0] - it succeeds

FC1 attacks Naim. Touch attack: [roll1], if it hits, it dies. - It dies.

END OF COMBAT.

Loot!
None. The monsters were apparently all freshly spawned, and were carrying nothing of value. If there is something of value to be found in the remnants of the nest, you don't see it at a casual glance.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-04, 01:27 PM
Vorin

Vorin heads back to town.

Ernir
2010-08-05, 08:21 PM
The Cold Plains

After heading to town to refresh your supplies and heal your blood-drained companion, you trace back your steps to find the intersection where you headed east earlier.
This time you head west, and if undead abominations were what you were looking for, you have quite a lot more success this time.

As you approach another gate, much like the one near the place where you fought the Foul Crows, you come upon a monster. An obviously undead creature, nothing but a few rotted-away straps of skin and a skeleton (a skeleton which includes three animal-like heads) turns to face you like some sort of grotesque guard dog. Before any of you have time to gather your defenses, it leaps forward, and attacks.

Bite attack on buggy: [roll0] for [roll1]
Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains23.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-06, 10:04 AM
Vorin

Vorin breathes his debilitating breath on the skeleton.

Breathe Slow Entangling Exhalation on the Skeleton: slowed for 2 rounds, DC18 Fort save for 1 round, entangled for [roll0] rounds.

Tyrael
2010-08-06, 12:23 PM
"Die, evildoer!" Davian shouts as he slashes his fiery blade.

Smite Evil!
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tyrael
2010-08-06, 12:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/100802869_a87375d64e_m.jpg
[roll0]

Ernir
2010-08-06, 02:24 PM
The Cold Plains

Davian hits the bony creature straight in the place where its heart must once have been. Unfortunately, this monster is not made of flesh and blood, and does not mind being stabbed there any more than anywhere else.
Vorin's breath, meant to weaken and slow it, has no effect, washing over it like a wave of warm water.

Davian knows that his attack was made less effective due to damage reduction.

senrath
2010-08-07, 10:34 AM
Lysenko

"Great. More undead." Lysenko muttered as he summoned forth yet another wolf to aid them in combat, which immediately lunged at the skeleton. C'tksin also lunged forwards, attempting to pay it back for the bite.

Summon a wolf at M11. Both it and buggy attack the skeleton.

Bug:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf:
[roll2]
[roll3]

C'tksin HP: 15/22

Lysenko HP: 55/55
Spells:
1st: 5/7

Ernir
2010-08-07, 04:37 PM
The Cold Plains

Both C'tksin and the wolf snap at the creature, bones cracking beneath their powerful jaws.

Skeleton damage count: 25

Yet to act: Naimhdeach.

Ernir
2010-08-08, 10:02 AM
Naimhdeach

Naimhdeach raises his right hand, and with a surge of black energy, commands the skeleton to bow down.

A few minutes ahead of schedule, if you turn up in the meantime, sorry. :smallfrown:

Turning check: [roll0]
Turning damage: [roll1]
Rebuke attempts down to 7/10.

The Cold Plains

Shaking off Naimhdeach's infusion of dark energy, the monstrous skeleton attacks furiously, all three heads and two of its appendages trying to rip flesh.

If it isn't cowering beneath Naim's awesome: (EDIT: It isn't cowering.)
Bite 1 @Buggy: [roll2] for [roll3]
Bite 2 @Wolfie: [roll4] for [roll5]
Headbutt @Davian: [roll6] for [roll7]
Claws 1 @ Buggy: [roll8] for [roll9]
Claws 2 @ Davian: [roll10] for [roll11]

Skeleton damage count: 25

Round 2 begins!
Yet to act: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/ColdPlains24.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-08, 04:59 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes his hottest fire on the abomination.

Breathe full damage on the skeleton. [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex save for half.

Edit: I am awesome, and the forum die roller knows it.. :smallfurious:

Tyrael
2010-08-08, 06:52 PM
Davian shouts and slashes again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

senrath
2010-08-08, 07:57 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko held still as his minions continued to attack the giant skeleton.

Lysenko takes a total defense. Bug and Wolf attack again.

Bug:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Spells:

Ernir
2010-08-09, 06:39 PM
The Cold Plains

The skeleton may be strong, but you are many. Like a wolfpack, you surround it, battering it down from all directions. You take a few scratches in the process, but in a matter of seconds, you have the undead creature battered down to dust.

Reflex save: [roll0] - it fails, which brings its damage count up to 58, which was its precise HP total. Way to be efficient, guys.

Loot!
You see that the creature has already downed someone less fortunate from you, and from that corpse you loot...
1x Potion of CLW
1x Padded armor
1x Longsword (not masterwork)

Ernir
2010-08-10, 05:04 PM
The Burial Grounds

At last, you have reached your destination. You walk through the gate, towards the ancient burial grounds of the Rogues.
And your worst fears are confirmed. The scout was right. Blood Raven, once a champion against Evil, has risen from her grave, and raised no small number of the dead to her aid. Should this force attack the Rogue Encampment, it is sure to fall.

When she notices your approach, she shouts with a voice that seems to echo throughout the battlefield "Come... and JOIN MY ARMY OF THE DEAD!"

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds1.png

The dark frame is a part stone, part iron palisade. It is 15' tall, and collapsed in places.
The medium-dark squares inside the frame are huge, ancient-looking tombstones. They are 10' tall, and the ground is littered with the fragments of fallen tombstones.
The large, medium-dark mounds are what look like entrances to some kind of subterranean structure.
The light stuff you and Blood Raven are standing on is just the end of the (here overgrown) road, and has no mechanical purpose.

Tyrael
2010-08-11, 04:37 AM
Davian raises his voice to address the party. "Stand together!" he shouts. "Use the gates as a bottleneck and don't get separated! Deal with them one at a time and let them come to us! We stand as one! For Justice!!!"

senrath
2010-08-11, 01:10 PM
Lysenko

"Sounds good." Lysenko called, holding in place.

Taking total defense on me and the buggy.

Spells:

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-08-11, 05:03 PM
Naim

We could let them come to us, I suppose. Or I could make it so that most of them can't even tell that we're here, so long we do nothing to harm them. He begins to chant in a strange language, and touches each of his companions, and himself, on the forehead. There. Now none of the undead here can see, hear, smell, or in any other way sense our presence. But, be forworned; if even one of us harms or attempts to harm any of them in any way the spell is broken for us all. And with that he slips past Davian and Vorin and saunters into the graveyard.
I cast Hide from Undead (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hideFromUndead.htm) on us all and move to P15.

Stats:
Rebuke attempts: 7/10
Spells:
First Level: 5/7

Ernir
2010-08-12, 07:12 PM
Vorin

A moment before Naimhdeach shrouds the group, Vorin breathes a jet of lightning on the nearest zombie. The zombie tries its best to cover its face, but it is fried on the spot regardless.

Full damage lightning on Z9: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]

Ernir
2010-08-12, 07:44 PM
The Burial Grounds

Naimhdeach's spell sows confusion among the ranks of he zombies, some of them apparently losing all sense of where you are. Blood Raven herself, however, does not seem to be fooled, letting out a cold, amused laugh before raising her bow and commanding her legion of undead to advance.

"Hahahahah!"

Things look grim for a moment as Blood Raven fires a pair of magical arrows at Davian. But the stout knight blocks both of them with his shield. They explode violently on impact, but the shield protects you from the worst of it.
Blood Raven fires off a pair of arrows at Davian.
[roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage. If hits, [roll3] splash damage on everyone, reflex DC 15 half.
[roll4] for [roll5] plus [roll6] cold damage. If hits, [roll7] splash damage on everyone, reflex DC 15 half.

Z3 charges Davian. [roll8] for [roll9]. (Davian see below)
Z5 attacks Vorin. [roll10] for [roll11]. (Vorin see below)
Z6 attacks Vorin. [roll12] for [roll13]. (Vorin see below)
Z7 charges Buggy. [roll14] for [roll15].
Z10 attacks Lysenko. [roll16] for [roll17]. (Buggy see below)

Z14-Z17 take total defenses, the rest move around the battlefield.

See here: Davian can take his readied action, Vorin and buggy can take AoOs. If you do, the Hide from Undead spell ends.

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds2.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-13, 01:41 PM
Vorin

Well, I don't see how to beat these guys without actually inflicting damage on them, so I guess we have at them.

I think Hide From Undead probably did its job well enough in that it kept the zombies from making a concerted rush en masse at us.

If anyone has any spells to block Line-Of-Sight from Blood Raven so she can't shoot us, or so the other zombies can't charge (they're slow if they can't charge), now would be the time to use 'em IMO.

Vorin tries to smack the charging zombie with his spear before it reaches him, and then breathes on the zombies to his left before retreating a bit.

AoO on Z5: [roll]1d20+3[/roll to hit, [roll0] damage.

Breathe full damage diagonally towards N17 so it hits Z3, Z4 and Z7. [roll1] damage, DC18 Reflex save for half.

5' step to O19.

Ernir
2010-08-14, 09:10 AM
The Burial Grounds

You greet the advancing horde of zombies with fire and steel, Davian cuts the head of one clean off, and Vorin's blast of flame burns another to cinders. One zombie shows unusual agility by leaping away from the worst of the flames, allowing it to escape with comparatively minor burns.

Z7 damage count: 6.

Yet to act in round 2: Davian, Naimhdeach, Lysenko.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds3.png

Tyrael
2010-08-14, 03:26 PM
After whipping his sword through the neck of one, he carries the motion through to slash into the zombie next to it before drawing back and slashing again.

Targeting Z5.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

senrath
2010-08-14, 10:00 PM
Lysenko

As the bug struck out at the zombie that moved past him, Lysenko took a step backwards and called a hippogriff to the battlefield, which then tore into the zombies.

Bug takes the AoO, then takes another Total Defense and holds still. Lysenko takes a 5-foot step to M20, then summons a Hippogriff at M16-N17. It attacks Z10, attacking Z7 if Z10 dies before it runs out of attacks. It then moves to Z5 if Z7 bites it as well.

Bug
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hippogriff
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Hippogriff Current AC: 15
Hippogriff HP: 31/31
Hippogriff Turns: 10/10

Spells:
2nd: 0/4

Ernir
2010-08-16, 05:53 PM
Naimhdeach

Naimhdeach tries again what had limited effect on the skeleton guarding the entrance to the Burial Grounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-08-16, 06:32 PM
The Burial Grounds

Naimhdeach's announcement of his power has a greater effect on these weak-willed mooks than it did on the guardian. Several of the zombies stop dead in their tracks, awaiting his commands.

Blood Raven's twisted face, if even capable of expressing the emotion, does not appear worried. With supernatural grace, she keeps nocking and firing her arrows, this time, Naimhdeach being the center of her attention.

The zombies still under Blood Raven's control turn on the ones that Naimhdeach just snatched. One zombie goes around through the gap, and tries to grab Lysenko.

Blood Raven pelts Naim.
for [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage. If hits, [roll3] splash (fire) damage on everyone but the Hippo, reflex DC 15 half.
[roll4] for [roll5] plus [roll6] cold damage. If hits, [roll7] splash (fire) damage on everyone but the Hippo, reflex DC 15 half.
[roll8] for [roll9] plus [roll10] cold damage. If hits, [roll11] splash (fire) damage on everyone but the Hippo, reflex DC 15 half.

Z11 charges Lysenko: [roll12] for [roll13] points of damage
Z18 attacks Z13: [roll14] for [roll15] points of damage
Z18 attacks Z13: [roll16] for [roll17] points of damage

Yet to act in round 3:
Everyone. Except for Naim, who seems to be dead.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds4.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-08-16, 08:40 PM
Naim

Pincushioned with arrows Naim lets out a faint gurgle of surprise and collapses.

Stats:
HP: negative something ridiculous/45 (DR 2/M+B)
Rebuke attempts: 7/10
Spells:
First Level: 5/7

Tyrael
2010-08-17, 04:39 AM
Hunching his shoulders and shrugging off the waves of heat, Davian charges forward with a wild cry. "Your evil shall fall this day!" Rounding the corner, he lashes out at another zombie.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Move to P17 and attack Z12.
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] fire
((Whoops, got mixed up which threat was which.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-17, 04:52 PM
Vorin

Vorin, seeing Naimdaich go down under a hail of fiery arrows from Blood Raven, says "Well, she's not the only one who can play with fire."

He moves behind a pillar for cover which also happens to put him in range of two more zombies, and breathes fire on them.

Move to K15 and breathe fire northeast to hit Z1 and Z2. [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex save for half.

Ernir
2010-08-17, 05:12 PM
The Burial Grounds

Davian valiantly cuts down another zombie, while Vorin scorches another. The third narrowly avoids its final death, managing to duck out of the way of Vorin's flames.

The few zombies remaining who were under Naimhdeach's control before he perished seem to come back to their senses, and turn towards the party again.
Z1 reflex: [roll0]
Z2 reflex: [roll1]

Z2 damage count: 6

Yet to act in round 3: Lysenko

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds5.png

senrath
2010-08-17, 10:07 PM
Lysenko

As Lysenko called upon his defensive powers, the Hippogriff took to the skies and C'tksin scurried forwards.

Hippogriff takes a total defense and flies 100' north at a 60-degree angle. Lysenko takes a five-foot step to N20 and casts Protection from Evil on himself. C'tksin takes a total defense and moves to O13.

Hippogriff Current AC: 19
Hippogriff Turns: 9/10

Lysenko Current AC: 15 (17 vs Evil)
Spells:
1st: 4/7
Buffs:
Protection from Evil (30 rounds left)

Ernir
2010-08-18, 03:38 PM
The Burial Grounds

The hippogriff takes to the skies, climbing more steeply than a creature that size should be capable of. It flies high above the battle.

Meanwhile, Blood Raven shouts "Forward! Kill them all, in the name of Andariel!" at her troops. Then, in a display of supernatural speed and grace, she releases two arrows at the hovering hippogriff, and runs to the gap in the back wall.

Some of the lesser undead show some of the same quickness themselves as they leap into action, running forward, as fast as any living human could.

I just used trigonometric functions in D&D for the first time. Hooray.

Blood Raven shoots the Hippo:
[roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage
[roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] cold damage
(No explosions this time.)

Zombies:
Z2@Vorin: [roll6] for [roll7]
Z8@Vorin: [roll8] for [roll9]
Z18@ Vorin: [roll10] for [roll11]

Z11@Lysenko: [roll12] for [roll13]
Z17@Lysenko (charge): [roll14] for [roll15]

Z13@Buggy: [roll16] for [roll17]
Z15@Buggy: [roll18] for [roll19]
Z16@Buggy: [roll20] for [roll21]
Z19@Buggy: [roll22] for [roll23]
Z20@Buggy: [roll24] for [roll25]

Z14 double-moves up to Davian.

Z2 damage count: 6

Round 4 begins! Yet to act this round: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds6.png
The hippogriff is approximately 85' in the air.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-18, 05:22 PM
Vorin

Vorin shuffles a bit to line up more enemies, then breathes.

AoO on Z2: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] damage.

5' step to K16.

If Z2 dies on the AoO, then breathe a cone of fire due north to catch Z8 and Z18. If Z2 is alive after the AoO, breathe a line of lightning northeast to catch Z2, Z16, and Z13.

[roll2] damage, DC 18 Reflex save for half.

senrath
2010-08-18, 05:36 PM
Lysenko
Screeching in pain, the Hippogriff dove at the source of its discomfort: Blood Raven. C'tksin focused on defending itself again, and Lysenko stepped back, summoning a Wolf for defense, which struck out at one zombie.
C'tksin takes total defense, Hippogriff makes a Dive Attack on Blood Raven, Lysenko takes a 5-foot step to O21 and summons a Wolf at N20 which attacks Z11.

Wolf
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hippogriff
[roll2]
[roll3]

C'tksin HP: 6/22

Hippogriff Current AC: 13
Hippogriff HP: 1/31
Hippogriff Turns: 8/10

Wolf HP: 17/17
Wolf Turns: 10/10

Lysenko HP: 46/55
Spells:
1st: 3/7
Buffs:
Protection from Evil (29 rounds left)

Ernir
2010-08-19, 06:41 PM
The Burial Grounds

The zombie closest to Vorin, its flesh already damaged in this battle, is way too slow to dodge his lightning breath, and is zapped into a black crisp. The other two are luckier, and manage to shield themselves from the worst of the blast.

Davian cuts down the zombie blocking his path, and moves to save C'tksin from the horde that is hammering on it.

Lysenko's freshly summoned wolf leaps on the zombie in front of it, biting the tough creature the best it can. The mortally wounded hippogriff slashes downward at Blood Raven, tearing her flesh. No blood comes out of her undead body, and the hoarse cry she releases sounds more like one of annoyance than one of pain. She darts away, avoiding the hippogriff's deadly claws, and raises her bow again. She slays it with a single arrow, and runs on.

The wolf is aware of its attack having been made less effective by damage reduction. (So yes, the DR is magic and slashing.)

Davian attacks Z14: [roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2]. If succeeds, move to Q14.

Blood Raven tumbles to V4. [roll3], DC 15. If fails, provokes an AoO from the hippo.
Fire an arrow at the hippo: [roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] cold damage. If it dies, move to W10, otherwise shoot again for [roll7] for [roll8] + [roll9] cold damage.

Z8@Vorin: [roll10] for [roll11]
Z18@Vorin: [roll12] for [roll13]

Z17@Wolf: [roll14] for [roll15]
Z11@Wolf: [roll16] for [roll17]

Z14@Davian (unless it's dead): [roll18] for [roll19]

Z15@Buggy: [roll20] for [roll21]
Z13@Buggy: [roll22] for [roll23] (if Buggy is dead, attack Davian instead)
Z19@Buggy: [roll24] for [roll25] (if Buggy is dead, attack Davian instead)
Z16@Buggy: [roll26] for [roll27] (if Buggy is dead, attack Vorin instead)
Z20@Buggy: [roll28] for [roll29] (if Buggy is dead, attack Davian instead)

Blood Raven damage count: 19
Z11 damage count: 4
Z13 damage count: 5
Z16 damage count: 5

Round 4 begins! Yet to act this round: Everyone.
Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds7.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-20, 12:50 AM
Vorin

Vorin steps away from his enemies, desperately trying to breath on as many as possible.

5' step to L17. Breathe on Z16 and Z18. [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex for half.

Ernir
2010-08-20, 02:41 PM
The Burial Grounds

Both of the zombies take the hit full-on in the face, and fall to the ground.

Rolled reflex off-board, time issues.

Z11 damage count: 4

Yet to act in round 4: Lysenko, Davian.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds8.png

Tyrael
2010-08-20, 03:52 PM
Shouting in defiance, Davian lashes out with a mighty swing of his flaming sword.

Attacking Z19.
[roll0]
[roll1][roll2]
If needed:
[roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

senrath
2010-08-20, 11:18 PM
Lysenko

Taking another step backwards, Lysenko summoned yet another wolf to aid his other minion in destroying the undead.

5-foot step to P20, summon a Wolf at N22. Wolf2 (new one) will attack Z11. Wolf1 will attack Z11, or Z17 if Wolf2 kills Z11.

Wolf1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Wolf1 Current AC: 14
Wolf1 HP: 11/17
Wolf1 Turns: 9/10

Wolf2 Current AC: 14
Wolf2 HP: 17/17
Wolf2 Turns: 10/10

Spells:
1st: 2/7
Buffs:
Protection from Evil (28 rounds left)

Ernir
2010-08-22, 11:53 AM
The Burial Grounds

Davian, with a single swing, cleaves one zombie from shoulder to waist and another nearly in two. The second staggers on, but the pieces of the first fall to the ground. Lysenko's two wolves jointly attack the zombie between them, managing to pull it down.
Blood Raven runs closer to the melee. For the first time, you can see her face up close. Parchment-white skin, dead black eyes, and hair that seems to glide slightly too slowly in her wake are the defining features of this woman, who might once have been handsome.
Also, you can see a grey, almost tangible aura that surrounds her. This aura envelops the nearest zombies, to some effect that can't possibly be good for you.

Blood Raven@Davian: [roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] cold damage.
Blood Raven@Davian: [roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5] cold damage.
Z13@Davian: [roll6] for [roll7]
Z15@Davian: [roll8] for [roll9]
Z20@Davian: [roll10] for [roll11]

Z8@Vorin: [roll12] for [roll13]

Z17@Lysenko: [roll14] for [roll15]

Z20 damage count: 7

Round 5 begins! Yet to act in round 5: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds9.png

Tyrael
2010-08-22, 03:14 PM
Davian weaves back and forth, catching two claw swipes on his shield. He allows a third one to strike his shoulder as he leans in past the creature's guard and slashes its chest open before whirling to do the same to its comrade.

Attacking Z13
[roll0] - WOO CRIT! Stupid undead immunity...
[roll1][roll2]
Cleaving to Z20
[roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

Davian weaves back and forth, catching two claw swipes on his shield before lunging forward--and abruptly being LAUNCHED backwards, drenching the zombies in a shower of blood as one of Blood Raven's arrows splits his skull like a ripe melon.

The noble Paladin's headless corpse slumps to the ground, his flaming Longsword still burning brightly.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-23, 12:23 PM
Vorin

Vorin, seeing the stalwart paladin fall to Blood Raven's arrows, decides that a regroup behind some shelter is order. He breathes on the zombie he's engaged with and then turns and runs.

Breathe on Z8: [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex for half.

Move to J20. I'll take the AoO from Z8 if it's still alive.

senrath
2010-08-23, 12:53 PM
Lysenko

As his wolves turned upon the nearest zombie, Lysenko ran. There was no way they could finish this fight with their diminished numbers.

Wolves attack Z17. Lysenko double-moves off the map. Provokes an AoO from Z17.

Wolf1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Wolf2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Wolf1 Current AC: 14
Wolf1 HP: 11/17
Wolf1 Turns: 8/10

Wolf2 Current AC: 14
Wolf2 HP: 17/17
Wolf2 Turns: 9/10

Spells:
1st: 2/7
Buffs:
Protection from Evil (27 rounds left)

Ernir
2010-08-25, 06:36 AM
The Burial Grounds

The remaining heroes decide that the battle will not be won this day, and turn to flee. Blood Raven gives you a parting shot and a loud, chilling laugh for you to think about while you are on the road.

Luckily, the Rogue Encampment holds reinforcements you did perhaps not expect...

Ernir
2010-08-27, 11:56 AM
The Rogue Encampment

You spend a sad, sombre day at the encampment, after finding out that Naimhdeach did not return from the dead, as so many others have.
Fortunately, another young man offers to join you, replenishing your ranks. The following day, all of you head back towards the Burial Grounds, to finish the job.

The Burial Grounds

The signs of yesterday's battle have not faded, zombies are still lying where they were destroyed, and Naimhdeach's blood is still visible on the ground.
Naimhdeach's corpse, however, isn't.

The horrible reason reveals itself as you step a little bit closer, and you find Naimhdeach's body standing upright next to Blood Raven. When Blood Raven sees you approach, she actually sounds happy.
"I told you you would join my army of the dead!" she shouts towards you, and her minions charge, as she

Z1 @ Davian: [roll0] for [roll1]
Z2 @ Dash: [roll2] for [roll3]
Z3 @ Vorin: [roll4] for [roll5]
Z4 @ Vorin: [roll6] for [roll7]

BR @ Davian: [roll8] for [roll9] plus [roll10] cold damage
BR @ Dash: [roll11] for [roll12] plus [roll13] cold damage, and [roll14] splash damage on everyone, reflex DC 15 for half
BR @ Lysenko: [roll15] for [roll16] plus [roll17] cold damage

Undead Naimhdeach starts casting a spell!

Yet to act in round 1: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds21.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-27, 12:28 PM
Vorin

Vorin steps back and breathes at his enemies.

5' step back to N21.

Reflex save vs. splash damage: [roll0]

Breathe due north on Z2, Z3, Z4: [roll1] damage, DC18 Reflex save for half.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-08-28, 02:24 PM
Dash

Purposefully remaining unimpressed at the amount of damage that Blood Raven can dish out from such a distance, Dash attempts to lay into the nearest foe.

Standard: [roll0] for [roll1] Bludgeoning and Piercing Damage
Move: Assign resistance ability to Will.

Stats:
HP: 41/55
AC: 14 (T12, FF12)
Vestige Bound: Arete
Granted Abilities:
While bound to Arete, you gain powers that Arete had at some point in his search for immortality.

Psionic Boon: You gain 13 power points when you bind to Arete. These are added to your pool of power if you already possess psionic power, or they create a pool and you become a psionic creature for the duration of this binding.

Resistance: Your gain a +4 resistance bonus on a saving throw of your choice. You may change this to another saving throw as a move action.

Damage Reduction: Your body becomes unnaturally tough as you gain damage reduction 5/--.

Repletion: You gain access to the psionic powers body adjustment , body purification, and sustenance for the duration of the binding. You may manifest each power as a psion would and as if it is a power known by you. You may augment each power as a psion normally could, substituting your effective binder level in place of manifester level.
PP: 13/13

Ernir
2010-08-29, 10:34 AM
The Burial Grounds

The row of zombies is bathed in Vorin's fire, and Dash bashes in the skull of one with the wet sound of a cabbagehead exploding.

Z3 reflex: [roll0]
Z4 reflex: [roll1]

Yet to act in round 1: Davian, Lysenko.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds22.png

senrath
2010-08-29, 10:19 PM
Lysenko

"Refreshed and with backup, you don't scare me." Lysenko called, summoning a hippogriff, and sending it forwards as the hippogriff he had summoned already did the same thing.

Well, I did what I said I was gonna do, and now a Hippogriff is my "permanent" companion (Elil). Let's say he was to the left of Lysenko. Anyway, he takes to the air, flying 50' up at a 60 degree angle, straight north. Lysenko will summon another Hippogriff directly to the right of him, which will do the same thing. Both will take a total defense action.

Elil Current AC: 19
Elil HP: 45/45

Hippogriff Turns: 10/10

Spells:

Tyrael
2010-08-30, 11:48 AM
Freshly invigorated from his brush with death, Davian swings his flaming sword once again.

[roll1][rol]1d6

Ernir
2010-08-30, 06:48 PM
The Burial Grounds

The hippogriffs rise gracefully, and Davian slashes down the zombie in front of him with a single swing. The ranks of the undead are replenished, though, as Naimhdeach's spell finishes, and a new, oversized skeleton assembles itself between the two parties.

Blood Raven, seeing the hippogriffs take to the sky, reprioritizes her targets - aiming straight at Lysenko, staring him straight in the eye as she does so. With serpentlike motions, she releases her volley.

Blood Raven @ Lysenko: [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage
Blood Raven @ Lysenko: [roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] cold damage
Blood Raven @ Lysenko: [roll6] for [roll7] plus [roll8] cold damage

Naimhdeach casts another spell! The hippogriffs must roll a DC 15 Will save. (Needless to say, if they fail, they won't be acting next round.)

L4 @ Vorin: [roll9] for [roll10] damage.

Round 2 begins! Yet to act this round: Everyone but Lysenko, who suffers from being dead. (The Hippogriffs remain in play.)

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds24.png
The hippogriffs are 50' up, Lysenko is spread throughout the neighbouring squares.

peterpaulrubens
2010-08-30, 07:54 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes on the zombie, then tries to take cover.

Breath on Z4: [roll0], DC 18 Reflex for half

Move to P20, taking AoO from Z4 if it's not dead.

Ernir
2010-08-31, 04:35 AM
The Burial Grounds

Vorin scorches the zombie in front of him, and disappears from Blood Raven's line of fire.

Yet to act in round 2: Davian, Dash, and the hippos.

Map will come when there's something more relevant to display. :smalltongue:

Tyrael
2010-08-31, 03:27 PM
Trusting his allies to take care of the last straggler, Davian charges forward towards Blood Raven.

Double move to M13

senrath
2010-08-31, 07:52 PM
Lysenko

Lysenko gurgles. Elil screeches and turns away from the horrifying presence on the ground, while the other hippogriff ignores it, and presses onwards, gaining even more altitude.

Hippo takes a total defense and goes north another 50' on a 60degree incline. Elil double moves, ending his turn at Y21-Z22, and another however many feet up.

Elil Current AC: 19

Hippogriff Turns: 9/10

Ernir
2010-09-01, 04:30 PM
The Burial Grounds

The hippogriffs break formation, Elil turning away, the other pressing on. On the ground, Davian advances.

Yet to act in round 2: Dash.

Map: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds25.png

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-09-02, 02:32 PM
Dash

Dash, in hopes of being useful to his new comrades also moves toward the enemy.

Double move to I14.

Stats:
HP: 41/55
AC: 14 (T12, FF12)
Vestige Bound: Arete
Granted Abilities:
While bound to Arete, you gain powers that Arete had at some point in his search for immortality.

Psionic Boon: You gain 13 power points when you bind to Arete. These are added to your pool of power if you already possess psionic power, or they create a pool and you become a psionic creature for the duration of this binding.

Resistance: Your gain a +4 resistance bonus on a saving throw of your choice. You may change this to another saving throw as a move action.

Damage Reduction: Your body becomes unnaturally tough as you gain damage reduction 5/--.

Repletion: You gain access to the psionic powers body adjustment , body purification, and sustenance for the duration of the binding. You may manifest each power as a psion would and as if it is a power known by you. You may augment each power as a psion normally could, substituting your effective binder level in place of manifester level.
PP: 13/13

Ernir
2010-09-02, 07:02 PM
The Burial Grounds

Blood Raven, seeing the airborne foe, shifts her aim upwards, releasing a volley of arrows at the hippogriff with supernatural speed. Naimhdeach calls the sole remaining zombie to his side, and begins chanting again. The enormous skeleton he summoned earlier rushes forward to meet Dashnagir and Davian, raising a bony appendage to strike. It hits Davian across the face, nearly hitting the eye.

Blood Raven @ Hippo: [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage
Blood Raven @ Hippo: [roll3] for [roll4] plus [roll5] cold damage
Blood Raven @ Hippo: [roll6] for [roll7] plus [roll8] cold damage

Zombie moves.

Naimhdeach begins casting a spell.

Skeleton @ Davian: [roll9] for [roll10]

Yet to act in round 3: Everyone but Lysenko and his minions, who are either dead or fleeing from Naim.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds26.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-02, 08:06 PM
Vorin

Vorin sprints towards the most powerful enemies while trying to maintain some cover from them.

Double move to Q11

Ernir
2010-09-04, 08:02 AM
The Burial Grounds

Vorin sneaks closer to the battle, while Elil flies off towards the horizon. Dashnagir and Davian join an all-out melee against the skeleton, Blood Raven raining arrows over the whole thing.

Moooooving on.

Dash@Skeleton: [roll0] for [roll1]
Davian@Skeleton: PA -4, [roll2] for [roll3] damage and [roll4] fire damage.
Elil flies off.

Round 3 ends, round 4 begins!

Blood Raven@Davian: [roll5] for [roll6] plus [roll7] cold damage
Blood Raven@Dash: [roll8] for [roll9] plus [roll10] cold damage
Blood Raven moves to Q4.

Skeleton@Dash.
Claw: [roll11] for [roll12]
Claw: [roll13] for [roll14]
Bite: Claw: [roll15] for [roll16]

Naimhdeach finishes summoning a swarm of bats, which goes after Davian!
Moves into Davian's space, provokes an AoO from Davian.
Davian takes [roll17] points of damage on his turn, and must make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for 1 round.

Naimhdeach concentrates on his spell.

Z5@Dash: [roll18] for [roll19]

Skeleton damage count: 18

Yet to act in round 4: Everyone.

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds27.png

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-04, 12:35 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves towards Blood Raven, threatening her with his spear, then breathes on her.

Move to Q6, and breathe with Entangling Exhalation: half of [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex for half of that. Entangled for [roll1] rounds.

Edit: whoops, forgot to mention that's Lightning damage.

Ernir
2010-09-05, 04:51 PM
The Burial Grounds

Vorin bravely steps up to Blood Raven, and gives her a face full of angry, cracking energy breath. It clings to her, the shocks of electricity causing her muscles to jerk and spasm.

Reflex: [roll0]

Skeleton damage count: 18
Blood Raven damage count: 4

Yet to act in round 4: Dash&Davian.

Get a move on!

Ernir
2010-09-06, 07:38 PM
The Blood Moor

The melee is decicively concluded when Davian's burning blade cuts through the skeleton, snapping its spine, and turning it into a pile of rapidly-disappearing bones a moment before it would have struck Dash. Naimhdeach's face is blank, but he clearly sees this as a time of action, because he stops concentrating on maintaining his swarm, and fires another spell on Dash. The swarm fights on, going for Davian again.

Blood Raven retreats to a more advantageous position. Her usual fluid movements look visibly hampered for the first time, but still retaining enough of it to half-climb, half fly up to the top of the mausoleum, standing high above you.

Davian's AoO: for [roll1] fire damage. (Swarm. It's immune to the rest.)
Davian's Fort save: [roll2]
If succeeds, attack skeleton: PA -4, [roll3] for [roll4] damage and [roll5] fire damage. 5' step to M13.

Dash takes a 5' step to J13, quaffs potion for [roll6] HP.

Round 5 begins!

Zombie@Dash: [roll7] for [roll8]

Skeleton@Dash. (Cover factored in as a penalty to attack roll)
Claw: [roll9] for [roll10]
Claw: [roll11] for [roll12]
Bite: [roll]1d20+-3 for [roll13]

Davian takes 1 point of damage from bleeding. Swarm enters Davian's square again. Provokes AoO from Davian.
Davian takes [roll14] points of damage on his turn, and must make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for 1 round.

Naimhdeach stops concentrating on his swarm, and shoots another spell at Dash. Dash must make a DC 15 Fort save.

Blood Raven moves to T5.

Dash damage count: 37/55
Davian: 43/51
Blood Raven damage count: 4
Swarm damage count: 1

Round 5 begins! Yet to act in round 5: Everyone.

Map:http://i54.tinypic.com/15fg01k.jpg

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-07, 12:18 PM
Vorin

Vorin should be in Q6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9290506&postcount=144) and have gotten an AoO whack on Blood Raven as she moved away (more than one in fact, but he's only entitled to take one a round). AoO on Blood Raven: [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.

Residual lightning damage on Blood Raven from Entangling Exhalation: [roll2] (3 rounds of entanglement left).

Move to O7 and breathe on Naimhdach: [roll3], DC18 Reflex save for half.

Ernir
2010-09-07, 06:52 PM
The Blood Moor

Vorin catches Blood Raven on the tip of his spear before she leaps up on to the mausoleum entrance. Were she not entirely devoid of blood, the spear would have come back gory. Vorin's follow-up blast catches Naimhdeach completely off guard, roasting his side.

Naim's reflex save: [roll0]

Davian: 43/51
Blood Raven damage count: 7
Naimhdeach damage count: 15
Swarm damage count: 1

Yet to act in round 5: Dash and Davian. (And Lysenko...)

Map:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/DnD/Burialgrounds29.png

Ernir
2010-09-09, 04:18 PM
The Burial Grounds

Davian and Dash ignore their respective enemies at their own peril, and join Vorin in bringing down Blood Raven floats down from the mausoleum entrance, and releases a single arrow at Davian.

In the distance, you can see Elil approaching the battlefield once again!
Davian's AoO: [roll0] for [roll1] fire damage.
Davian's Fort save: [roll2]
If succeeds, charge Naimhdeach: PA -5, [roll3] for [roll4] damage and [roll5] fire damage. Otherwise move up to Naim.

Dash's Fort save: [roll6]
If succeeds, withdraws to L8. If fails, 5' step south and drink another potion for [roll7]

Round 6 begins!

Zombie@Dash: [roll8] for [roll9]

Blood Raven@Davian: [roll10] for [roll11] plus [roll12] cold damage

Davian takes 1 point of damage from bleeding. Swarm enters Davian's square again. Provokes AoO from Davian.
Davian takes [roll13] points of damage on his turn, and must make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for 1 round. Not applicable any more due to the death of the swarm.

Naimhdeach steps 5' back, and casts a spell on Davian! Davian must roll a will save.

Yet to act in round 6: Everyone.

Davian: 44/51
Blood Raven damage count: 7
Naimhdeach damage count: 29
Swarm damage count: 4

Map:
http://i54.tinypic.com/15saa07.jpg

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-09, 05:39 PM
Vorin

Vorin skirts around the melee, lining up a shot on the swarm and Naimhdeach, and then breathes.

Move to L5 - I think this still gives cover at P7 from Blood Raven from her current position.

Breathe due south on Naim and swarm: [roll0] damage, DC 18 Reflex save for half.

Residual lightning damage on Blood Raven from Entangling Exhalation (2 rounds left): [roll1]

Ernir
2010-09-09, 05:53 PM
The Burial Grounds

Naimhdeach spins around to hack at Vorin as he approaches, but Vorin stays just out of reach,making the attempt to retaliate result in nothing but him walking straight into Vorin's blast of flame. For the second time, Naimhdeach dies.

The swarm of bats got a fair share of the fire as well, and be it because of that or the death of their summoner, they start flying away from Davian, who felt nothing but a warm tingle from the flames, and disappearing with little puffs of black smoke.
Swarm damage count: 4

Blood Raven suddenly has no one but the lone zombie to assist her in this battle.
Looks like cover, but not total cover, to me. That's a +4 AC for you! (Assuming she doesn't do something drastic like... move.

Swarm's reflex: [roll0]
Naim's reflex: [roll1]

Blood Raven damage count: 9

Map:http://i51.tinypic.com/zui25i.jpg

Tyrael
2010-09-10, 04:08 PM
Staggering with blood running out of his armor, Davian holds up his shield and takes cover behind a nearby gravestone.

Move to O7, taking Total Defense.

Ernir
2010-09-11, 07:22 PM
The Burial Grounds

Dashnagir turns around, and faces the zombie next to him. Blood Raven uses the opportunity, and aims for his vulnerable back - sending two arrows straight through his spine, killing him instantly.

She gives a small, cold laugh when he hits the ground.

Dash @ Zombie: [roll0] for [roll1]

BR @ Dash: [roll2] for [roll3] plus [roll4] cold damage
BR @ Dash: [roll5] for [roll6] plus [roll7] cold damage

Zombie @ Dash: [roll8]

Dash damage count: LOTS/55
Blood Raven damage count: 9

Yet to act in round 7: Everyone.

Map transferred for technical reasons. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tK6YCYbBoHjz7WEglHFmoIA&hl=en&authkey=CNnL8ssG#gid=0)

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-12, 12:52 PM
Vorin

Vorin moves to cover and breathes on the zombie.

move to J7 and breathe on the zombie. [roll0] damage, DC18 Reflex save for half.

Tyrael
2010-09-12, 02:29 PM
Crouched behind the gravestone, Davian takes the opportunity to heal himself as his hand glows with holy light.

Lay on Hands for 8, using up all my LoH for the day.

Ernir
2010-09-12, 03:34 PM
The Burial Grounds

Covered as you are behind the tombstones, Blood Raven doesn't seem to like her situation, as she starts descending down the stairs leading into the mausoleum. Elil's reappearance in the southeast may have something to do with her decision to retreat.

"I will see you tonight, humans."

The remaining zombie shows no signs of wanting to save its own unlife, and keeps hammering on Vorin.

Zombie's reflex save: [roll0]

Zombie @ Vorin: [roll1] for [roll2]

senrath
2010-09-12, 06:01 PM
Elil

With a screech, Elil dove ontop of the remaining zombie, intent on tearing it to shreds.

It's well within the 200' range of a Dive Attack, so Elil'll do that.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ernir
2010-09-13, 09:26 AM
The Burial Grounds

Elil comes crashing down, and utterly destroys the remaining zombie.

Turns out that not despite whatever goodies Blood Raven may be carrying, she did not leave much to her minions. You are, however, able to retrieve all of Naimhdeach's items, as well as what little Lysenko and Dashnagir had.

Ernir
2010-09-20, 12:29 PM
"Nuru has left our world. Diablo's minions weaken."
"Forsaken has left our world. Diablo's minions weaken."
"Dashnagir has left our world. Diablo's minions weaken."
"Corretha has joined our world. Diablo's minions grow stronger."
"Nirvana has joined our world. Diablo's minions grow stronger."
"Irian has joined our world. Diablo's minions grow stronger."
"Maust has joined our world. Diablo's minions grow stronger."

The Rogue Encampment

Many had fallen in the battle against Blood Raven, some never to rise again. A signal was sent out through the ether, calling for reinforcements against the threat posed by Blood Raven.
Luckily, when horror is said to be unbeatable, there is never a shortage of champions eager to prove themselves. Within the hour, seven heroes stand in the Rogue Encampment, in various stages of preparation.

Koury
2010-09-20, 02:24 PM
Corretha closes her spellbook and stores it in her pack, having finished her morning preperations.

Ready to head out, Corretha joins the others.

[Stat Block] Corretha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240049)
Female TN Human Conjuror, Level 5, Init +2, HP 25/25, DR --, Speed 40 ft
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 2
Masterwork Dagger +3 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 21, Wis 10, Cha 8
Condition None

Critical
2010-09-20, 02:52 PM
Silencing the nasty parasite in his mind and getting his gold into the storehouse, Maust steps out. There is something subtly wrong with the way he moves, the way he talks, the way his footsteps seem to come a half-second before or after your his feet touch the ground.

"I'm ready."

I'm in unnatural presence stance. Everyone adjacent to Maust gains 2 AC but takes -1 Will penalty.

statblock

Maust in the Madness (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240957)
Male CN Human Fighter 1/Barbarian 1/Warblade 3, Level 5, Init +3, HP 56/56, Speed 30ft(20ft)
AC 24, Touch 15, Flat-footed 21, Fort +11, Ref +5, Will +0, Base Attack Bonus +5
additional 1d6+5 damage on a sneak MW Heavy Flail(315gp) +9 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
Breastplate(200gp), Bracers of Shield(CL 1, continious Shield, 5000gp)(Custom) (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
Condition None

Derjuin
2010-09-20, 05:47 PM
Irian sits in meditation, gathering focus for the task ahead of her. After finishing, she stands, and for a moment her eyes glow a faint yellow; a few moments later a weak yellowish aura begins to radiate from her.

"I'm ready, too." She says, approaching the others.

Concentration check to gain psionic focus:
[roll0]

Manifesting Inertial Armor (+4 AC, lasts 5 hours) for 1 pp.

Statblock too

Irian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240490)
Female NG Human Psion, Level 5, Init +1, HP 25/25, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 2, Power Points 36/37
Quarterstaff +2 (1d6, x2)
(+1 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

senrath
2010-09-20, 06:31 PM
Lysenko

Standing behind the others, petting Elil, Lysenko nodded. "I'm ready for a bit of revenge."

Lysenko Mendra (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=203534)
Male CG Human Summoner (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150194), Level 5, Init +0, HP 55/55, Speed 30'
AC 15, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 3
Dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
+1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 19
Condition None

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-20, 06:51 PM
Vorin

Vorin grins malevolently. "It's payback time for that bow-wielding bitch."

Vorin will cast Endure Exposure on all his new compatriots, and Draconic Flight on himself.

Ernir
2010-09-20, 08:20 PM
The mausoleum

The newly formed band of heroes sets down into the dark catacombs beneath the Burial Grounds, Elil leading the way. You enter a corridor, its stone floor cracked, and the masonry in the walls ill maintained. Its sole decoration is the statue of a woman, which you can barely make out in the dim light that comes from the surface.

For a moment, everything is quiet.
And then the undead charge. Leaping out of the shadows and crawling along the walls, they launch a screaming all-out assault.

G1@Elil: [roll0] for [roll1] damage. If hits, DC 14 fortitude save or be paralyzed for [roll2] rounds.
G2@Elil: [roll3] for [roll4] damage. If hits, DC 14 fortitude save or be paralyzed for [roll5] rounds.
G3@Elil: [roll6] for [roll7] damage. If hits, DC 14 fortitude save or be paralyzed for [roll8] rounds.
G4@Maust: [roll9] for [roll10] damage. If hits, DC 14 fortitude save or be paralyzed for [roll11] rounds.
G5 moves.
G6@Maust: [roll12] for [roll13] damage. If hits, DC 14 fortitude save or be paralyzed for [roll14] rounds.
G7leaps into your midst. It provokes a bunch of AoOs you can't take because you're flat-footed.

Rolling DC 17 fort saves for everyone! Those who fail are Sickened for [roll15] minutes.
Lysenko:[roll16]
Elil:[roll17]
Davian:[roll18]
Vorin: [roll19]
Corretha: [roll20]
Nirvana: [roll21]
Irian: [roll22]
Maust: [roll23]

Map. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K)
Key:The monsters marked with a ' are climbing on the walls (5' up) rather than standing on the ground.
The yellow area is brightly lit. The grey area has Shadowy Illumination, which means a 20% miss chance unless you have something to counter it. The dark grey areas are the walls and the statue, the black area is stuff you can't see.

Derjuin
2010-09-20, 09:33 PM
Irian

Irian grips her quarterstaff, feeling slightly sickened. After noting the undead creature's new position right in front of her, she takes a single step back and holds her hand up. Focusing her mind, she flicks her hand and sends a solid blast of fire at the creature.

"Burn for me..." She mutters.

Taking a 5 foot step south, and manifesting Energy Push (Fire) at G7.

[roll0] Reflex DC 17 for half.
DC 17 Strength check or be pushed back 5 feet for every 5 damage suffered; if the subject strikes something, it takes an additional [roll1] damage.

I think I did this right?

Koury
2010-09-20, 11:25 PM
Feeling suddenly as if her gut was revolting within her, Corretha tries to steady herself. She steps away from the monster at her side, instead focusing on the group in front of her.

Graisse!

As she speaks this word of power, the undead in front of her find themselves struggling to stay standing.

5 ft step to B25.
Cast Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm), affecting B19, C19, B20, C20. DC 17.
End turn.

Sheet updated.

Ernir
2010-09-21, 06:03 AM
The Mausoleum

Most of the undead manage to keep their footing - barely. The one who struck first, however, tumbles to the ground. The one who leaped into the middle of the group is set on fire by Irian, but the blast does not knock it out of place.

G7 reflex: [roll0], G7 strength: [roll1]
G1 reflex: [roll2]
G4 reflex: [roll3]
G5 reflex: [roll4]

Damage count:
G7: 6.

Yet to act in round 1: Lysenko, Davian, Vorin, Nirvana, Maust.

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K)
New key: * means prone.

DragoonWraith
2010-09-21, 07:37 AM
Nirvana
Nirvana activates Fade as she runs to D24, looping outside the monster's reach. There, she attacks it with a quick, one-two punch with her Fists of Fire!

Read: I have Child of Shadow, so moving 20 ft. (B23->B25->C25->D24) gains me Concealment, and I initiate Burning Blade followed by Wolf Fang Strike.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

Critical
2010-09-21, 08:18 AM
Taking a swing at the undead leaping behind them and suffering a painful blow, Maust takes a swing at the one knocked off his feet.

Fort DC 14: [roll0]

Assuming it's passed:

Attacking G1, +4 to attack for him being prone included.

[roll1] ; [roll2]

If someone attacks Maust from a square in which only one enemy stands in, activating Chain Dance counter.

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-21, 01:52 PM
Vorin

Vorin maneuvers to get the most number of enemies in range of his breath weapon, and then fires.

I don't know the height of the ceiling in here..

If I'm flying above Elil, move to C21 and blast due north, catching G1-6. If there's not enough room to fly, blast due north, catching G1-4, and G6, then 5' step into the square just vacated by Nirvana (B23).

[roll0] damage, DC19 Reflex for half.

senrath
2010-09-22, 03:46 AM
Lysenko

As Elil roars with fury and attacks the nearest enemy, Lysenko hangs back where he was, focusing on defense. Dying once had made him more wary than before.

Elil full attacks G2, switching to G3 if it dies. Lysenko takes a total defense action.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Elil Current AC: 15

Spells:
2nd: 4/4

Ernir
2010-09-22, 05:26 AM
The Mausoleum

Maust reacts quickly, managing to catch the leaper in the back with his flail before it has recovered from landing, and finishes the swing by bringing it around to hit the first attacker in the jaw. Nirvana finishes the leaper with a quick one-two punch with her daggers.
Elil prepares to retaliate furiously against the undead, but for some reason, he freezes up, and his assault stops before it begins. Vorin picks up the slack, and gives every single one of the undead a flame bath.
The ceiling is 15' above the floor, so you can get above Elil without squeezing.

Reflex saves vs. breath weapon:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Senrath, you missed the Paralysis save Elil had to make. DC 14: [roll6], if it succeeds, the attack route you posted above goes off normally. Edit: Oops.

Damage counts:
G1: 15
G2: 12
G3: 12
G4: 6
G5: 6
G6: 12
G7: Destroyed.

Yet to act in round 1: Davian! Nevermind, new round coming up.

Ernir
2010-09-22, 06:07 AM
The Mausoleum

The undead press the attack, not about to let a little thing like fire, cold steel or the destruction of their shock trooper stop them. One of them, with a hungry look in its eyes, leaps for the soft flesh of Elil's paralyzed throat, and bites hard. Vorin tries to stab at him as he does so. Another undead takes notice, and climbs up the wall to attack the fire-breathing flyer. Maust finds himself facing three attackers in close combat.

Round 2 begins!

G1 stands up, which provokes an AoO from Maust. If it survives, bite on Maust: for 1d8+3 damage and a DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll1] rounds. (Triggers the counter, if it goes off.)
G2 bits Elil's defenseless throat! CdG, provokes an AoO from Vorin. Elil must make a DC 10+[roll2] Fort save or die! (And takes the damage even if it survives.)
G3 climbs 5' up, and full attacks Vorin with teeth and the one claw it isn't using to hold itself in place.
[roll3] for [roll4] and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll5] rounds.
[roll6] for [roll7] and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll8] rounds.
G4 full attacks Maust. (If G1 failed to attack, this one here triggers the counter.)
[roll9] for 1d8+3 and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for rounds.
for [roll12] and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll13] rounds.
[roll14] for [roll15] and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll16] rounds.
G5 moves to D19 and climbs 10' up the wall, if it succeeds on a DC 10 balance check: [roll17]
G6 full attacks Maust.
[roll18] for 1d8+3 and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll19] rounds.
[roll20] for [roll21] and DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll22] rounds.

Damage counts:
G1: 15
G2: 12
G3: 12
G4: 6
G5: 6
G6: 12

Yet to act in round 2: Everyone!

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K)

DragoonWraith
2010-09-22, 09:28 AM
Nirvana
With a quick twirl, Nirvana Fades once more, before vanishing in a puff of inky darkness.

Moving in a circle behind the line to activate Child of Shadow, then swift action to use Cloak of Deception followed by a standard to use Shadow Jaunt. I'm now at C18, and invisible.

Critical
2010-09-22, 09:42 AM
AoO - [roll0] ; [roll1]
Screw the counter, actually, the thing is probably almost dead.
Attacking it again if it's still "alive", if not, attacking the G2 guy. How much damage did I take already, btw?

[roll2] ; [roll3]

Maust attempted to silence the zombie who tried to stand up one and for all, one hit to the chin when the monster got up, and another one to hopefully finish him off.

Derjuin
2010-09-22, 10:13 AM
Irian focuses on one of the creatures climbing on the wall, then closes her eyes. The sound of metal sliding across metal echos loudly from her mind to those around her as she manifests another power. After a moment, she attempts to quickly regain her focus.

Manifesting Mind Thrust on G5, augmented with 2 power points, and expending my psionic focus with Greater Psionic Endowment (+2 save DC).

[roll0] damage, DC 19 will save to negate.

Also attempting to regain my Psionic Focus as a move action:
[roll1]

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-22, 03:03 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes again, and then moves away from the unholy grasp of his attacker.

AoO on G2: [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage

Breathe on the pack below me. I'll hit my attacker (G1) if I can, but I'll favor hitting the most enemies at once, and if I miss the one wailing on me to get more of the others, so be it.
[roll2] damage, DC19 Reflex for half.

I realize I have NO idea how flying combat works. Do I provoke an AoO if I fly away from my attacker? Can I "5-foot flap" away :smalltongue: ?

I'll move to C23 if I can do so without provoking, otherwise I'll 5'-flap to C22, otherwise I'll stay put.

senrath
2010-09-22, 07:14 PM
Lysenko

Sighing as Elil was killed, Lysenko waved his hand and suddenly there was another Hippogriff standing where Elil's body had been not a moment before.

Summon a Hippogriff where Elil, which full attacks G2 (assuming it survives Vorin's AoO) or G3 if G2 is already dead.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Hippo Current AC: 15
Hippo HP: 31/31
Hippo turns: 10/10

Spells:
2nd: 3/4

Ernir
2010-09-22, 07:17 PM
The Mausoleum

Nirvana *poofs* from view completely. Maust hits the undead well as it stands up, but fails on the follow-up swing. The monster facing Irian does not even seem to notice that its mind is being attacked, continuing as if nothing happened. Vorin breathes a cone of fire that fills the corridor from wall to wall, moving a wing's flap backwards in the process. The blast completely roasts the most sluggish of the undead. Elil's replacement tears everything within reach to foul-smelling pieces.

Some geometry later, I think Vorin can reach everyone. 3D cones FTW.
Reflex saves:
G1: [roll0]
G2: [roll1]
G3: [roll2]
G4: [roll3]
G5: [roll4]
G6: [roll5]

Damage count:

G1: Destroyed.
G2: Destroyed.
G3: Destroyed.
G4: 21
G5: 17
G6: Destroyed.

Yet to act in round 1: Corretha, Davian.

Koury
2010-09-22, 08:07 PM
Corretha

Corretha unleashes a tiny glob of acid at one of the undead still animate.

Cast Acid Splash (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/acidsplash.htm), targetting G4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End turn.

Ernir
2010-09-23, 03:49 PM
The Mausoleum

Corretha's tiny orb hits the undead right in the eye, which melts away with an unpleasant fizzle. Its remaining eye glares back at her.

G4: 22

Yet to act in round 1: Davian.

Ernir
2010-09-24, 06:13 AM
Davian

Finally having room to move, Davian makes a dangerous move. Standing on the slippery patch, he tries to catch both of the undead in a single, mighty swing, but the sword comes up an inch short each time.

Attack G4: [roll0] for [roll1]+[roll2] fire damage.
If it kills G4, cleave on G5: [roll3] for [roll4]+[roll5] fire damage.

Ernir
2010-09-24, 06:22 AM
The Mausoleum

The two remaining undead show an utter lack of self-preservation instincts, and keep exchanging blows with the frontliners.

Round 3 begins!
G4 stands up, which provokes an AoO from Maust, Davian, and Hippo. If it survives, bite on Maust: [roll]1d20+5)[24] ****ing **** 13 for [roll0] damage and a DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll1] rounds.
G4's reflex save to not fall when your turn comes up: [roll2]

G5 steps down from the wall, and full attacks Davian's FF AC: [roll3] for [roll4] and a DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll5] rounds.
[roll6] for [roll7] and a DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll8] rounds.
[roll9] for [roll10] and a DC 14 Fort save vs. paralysis for [roll11] rounds.

G4: 22

Yet to act in round 3: Everyone.

Map Updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K)

Derjuin
2010-09-24, 08:58 AM
Cursing under her breath as her concentration fades just before her power can focus, Irian leans on her staff and exhales slowly. She nearly retches, then composes herself and begins to concentrate again.

She closes her eyes and another scraping sound echoes from her mind, her arm reaching for the undead creature her mental assault is directed at.

Attempting to gain psionic focus as a move action:
[roll0]

If successful:
Mind Thrust + 2 extra PP plus Greater Endowment
[roll1], Will save of 19

Focus was gained :smalltongue:

If focus is not gained:
Mind Thrust + 2 extra PP
[roll2], Will save of 17

Ernir
2010-09-24, 10:56 AM
The Mausoleum

Irian completely fails to get a hold on the undead mind, as if it weren't there.

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-24, 01:02 PM
Vorin

Vorin flaps to a new location to keep the hippogriff out of his breath area, but still able to reach his remaining foes, and then breathes. "Die!! AGAIN!! Today! Forever!!"

Move to C19 and breath straight down, to catch G4 and G5 but miss the hippogriff (Elil had Endure Exposure on him, but the summoned one doesn't).

[roll0] damage, DC19 Reflex save for half.

DragoonWraith
2010-09-24, 02:00 PM
Nirvana
Nirvana, having teleported past the enemies, steps to D19, and with a technique she knows isn't really suited to the Undead, nonetheless follows through on her most well-honed attack.

Using Drain Vitality purely for the sake of gaining Wis to damage on the attack, since I don't think G5 is going to take Con damage.

[roll0], [roll1]

Ernir
2010-09-25, 11:01 AM
The Mausoleum

Vorin does another bombing run from above, scorching the remaining undead. One falls, but Nirvana finishes the other with a decisive jab.
The Mausoleum suddenly sounds very quiet, nothing but your heavy breathing interrupting the silence.

Reflex save vs. Vorin's breath weapon:
[roll0] - fail.

Loot!
You see that the statue is actually wearing what seems like a very functional armor, fastened to it with aging leather straps. Before even attempting to pry it off, Vorin can tell you that it's in fact a +3 breastplate.
One of the undead had a Grey Bag of Tricks. Another was wearing a (now completely ruined) noble's outfit, and carrying a purse containing 53 gold pieces.

Ernir
2010-09-26, 06:52 PM
The Mausoleum

You continue along the dusty corridor, walking past the statue.

Two sarcophagi adorn the corridor, as well as two sturdy-looking wooden doors, one leading in either direction. You can also see that the corridor splits soon after.
The more muscular of you manage to slide the lid off the first sarcophagus easily enough. Inside, you find the shriveled corpse of a warrior. He or she holds a now-destroyed bow, and had a well-preserved short sword and chain shirt. Both are masterwork, upon further inspection.
The lid on the second sarcophagus comes off too. This sarcophagus, too, contains an aged corpse.

And this aged corpse opens its dead eyes, and jumps to its feet, weapon in hand.

Surprise round!

Corpse stands up. Maust has combat reflexes, so it provokes an Attack of Opportunity from him.

Round 1! You're up.

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K#gid=0)

DragoonWraith
2010-09-26, 10:54 PM
Ack, I meant to ask before the next battle: is it OK to have changed my maneuvers readied? I don't see Drain Vitality being that useful, and I'd like another Strike instead of Jaunt.

Tyrael
2010-09-26, 11:55 PM
"Foul corpse! Return to thy slumber!" Davian cries as he swings his bright, flaming sword.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Fire[roll2]

Ernir
2010-09-27, 06:11 PM
The Mausoleum

Maust's reflexive swing of the flail goes past its head and hits the sarcophagus, sending bits of stone flying. Davian's blade connects, but the cut does not seem as serious as you would like it to be.

Enemy damage count: 6

Yet to act in round 1: Everyone but Davian.

Map. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K#gid=0)

DragoonWraith
2010-09-27, 06:33 PM
Nirvana
As Nirvana lunges forward, a ghostly blade stabs at the skeleton just as she strikes herself.

5 ft. step to D8.

Using Shadow Blade Technique.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If either hits, she deals [roll2]. If both hit, she also deals [roll3].

Holy $#!%! I assume it's immune to criticals, anyway?

Koury
2010-09-27, 06:34 PM
Corretha

Suddenly wishing she had thought to bring a crossbow, Corretha lets loose another small orb of acid with a casual flick of her wrist.

[roll0]
[roll1]

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-27, 06:45 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes fire at the corpse.

FWOOOOSH. [roll0] damage, DC19 Reflex for half.

Edit: ah well. I suppose a 7v1 fight is a decent time for a crappy damage roll.

Edit #2: see my OOC roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9437012&postcount=864) for what this thing is.

Ernir
2010-09-27, 07:04 PM
The Mausoleum

Nirvana steps in and stabs the thing perfectly in the eye, shattering half of what was left of its face by driving the punching dagger in up to the hilt. Corretha's glob of acid and Vorin's burst of flame look rather less impressive in comparison.

Immune to crits. Too bad. And Corretha's Orb misses.
[roll0]

Wight damage count: 34

Yet to act in round 1: Maust, Lysenko, and Irian.

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K#gid=0)

senrath
2010-09-27, 10:30 PM
Lysenko

With a wave of his hand, Lysenko brought a wolf to play for their side. The wolf, appearing right next to the wight, lunged forwards, attacking the creature.

Wolf is summoned at E6, then attacks (and attempts to trip) the wight.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] (only if the attack hits)

Wolf Turns: 12/12

Spells:

Ernir
2010-09-28, 04:43 AM
The Mausoleum

The wolf leaps up, but the wight dodges out of the way easily.

Yet to act in round 1: Maust and Irian.

Critical
2010-09-28, 03:10 PM
Maust

"Drat! I couldn't believe that swing didn't connect, I had him! Well, he's not dodging this one! - he said, making another swing at the undead.

WTB truedeath crystals. No sneak attack. /sadpanda

Just an ordinary attack, +2 flank bonus included.
[roll0] ; [roll1]

Okay, seriously, dice roller's pissed at me for some reason.

Ernir
2010-09-28, 03:50 PM
The Mausoleum

Maust crunches the stone on the other side of the wight this time.

Yet to act in round 1: Irian.

Derjuin
2010-09-28, 06:51 PM
Irian

She opens her palm toward the undead, a fine ray firing towards it. The ray slowly expands into a ball of fire just before it strikes. "Die, foul creature!"

Energy Push (Fire)
[roll0], DC 17 Reflex half; DC 17 Str check or be pushed back 5 feet per 5 damage, and take [roll1] if it collides with something.

Ernir
2010-09-29, 05:17 AM
The Mausoleum

The wight is blown back by the force of Irian's power, and crashes violently into the back of the sarcophagus. Still, it fights on, stabbing and kicking back at Nirvana.

As you are focused on the wight in front of you, no one notices the ghostly shape that appears behind you.
It is a woman, clad in rogue's gear. It observes the battle with sad, disapproving eyes.
Round 2 begins. [roll0], [roll1].

5' step south, full attack Nirvana: [roll2] for [roll3] 8 and [roll4] for [roll5] and one negative level!

A ghostly shape appears at D11. Wolfy is scared of it, and does not want to be within 30' of it.

Wight damage count: 53.

Yet to act in round 2: Everyone.

peterpaulrubens
2010-09-29, 12:45 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes on the wight.

[roll0], DC 19 Reflex save for half.

Knowledge:Religion on the ghostly thing: [roll1]

DragoonWraith
2010-09-29, 04:12 PM
Gah, I hate negative levels.
Nirvana
Nirvana, furious at the corruption the creature attempted to sneak into her body, once again uses her Fists of Fire technique!

Burning Blade, which is now not as good as it should be, plus Wolf Fang Strike.

Ernir
2010-09-29, 04:25 PM
The Mausoleum

Vorin and Nirvana make a joint attempt at reducing the wight to cinders, each with their favored method. For a moment it looks like it is going to recover once more, but after a short moment of silence, it crumbles back into the sarcophagus.

[roll0]

Wight damage count: Destroyed!

Yet to act in round 2: Corretha, Davian, Irian, Lysenko, Maust.

Koury
2010-09-29, 04:28 PM
Corretha

Corretha turns her attention to the ghost. "Who are you? And why do you seem displeased with us?" she asks, keeping an eye on both the wight and on the ghost.

Talking is a free action, right? So she should be able to reply, if she was willing.

Ready action to cast a spell when one of our group is attacked by either the ghost or wight.

Ernir
2010-09-29, 04:34 PM
Ghost

"Suffffffer..."

Koury
2010-09-29, 04:54 PM
Corretha

Displeased with the myriad of ways to interpret that statement, attempts again.

"What about 'suffer'? We're making you suffer some how? You want us to suffer? You're suffering? Perhaps you simply like the word suffer?

Do you want help? Can we help you somehow? You'll have to be less vague, if so."

If I have the time:

[roll0]
[roll1]

As for the spell, I guess just another Acid Splash.

Ernir
2010-09-29, 05:53 PM
Ghost

"Teach YOU how to suffer!", it hisses with its unearthly voice, and raises its ghostly hands towards you, with a murderous glare in its eyes.

Although with that Sense Motive roll, you probably think it's just looking for a hug.

It's not actually attacking until its initiative is up, but you can take your spell now, if you wish.

Yet to act in round 2: Corretha, Davian, Irian, Lysenko, Maust.

senrath
2010-09-29, 08:38 PM
Lysenko

Both Lysenko and the wolf take the time to put distance between them and the ghostly apparition.

Wolf takes a total defense action and moves to E4. Lysenko Withdraws to D6.

Wolf Current AC: 18
Wolf Turns: 11/12

Spells:

Koury
2010-09-30, 07:11 PM
Corretha

Thinking she should have known better then to hope for anything other then hostility, Corretha unleashes another glob of acid, this one noticably larger then the others.

Cast Lesser Orb of Acid

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2], if needed. Low is bad.

Derjuin
2010-09-30, 07:20 PM
Irian

She spots the apparition and, hearing its baleful words, focuses her thoughts on a protective shield. A faint, barely audible humming resonates from her for a moment, before her focus fades.

Manifesting Force Screen: +4 Shield AC

Ernir
2010-09-30, 07:46 PM
The Mausoleum

Lysenko moves around, and motions for the wolf to come closer, but it refuses. Corretha's orb of acid explodes when hitting the ghostly woman, obviously effective.

The Wolf absolutely refuses to approach the ghost.

Ghost damage count: 16.

Yet to act in round 2: Davian, Maust.

Map Updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K#gid=0)

Critical
2010-10-01, 08:00 AM
Maust

Moving closer to the ghost, Maust has tried distracting it to help Corretha.

Move D-10, aid another on AC for Corretha.
[roll0]

Having no means of opposing a ghost, Maust took a defensive posture.

Full defense

Ernir
2010-10-02, 09:24 AM
Davian

Not about to let a little thing like the creature being see-through stop him from delivering justice, Davian swings the burning sword. The ghost, however, winks out of existence in the precise moment the blade strikes, making it hit nothing but air. The ghost reappears immediately.

[roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2] points of fire damage. [roll3], 1 misses.

The ghost

The ghost ignores Davian, and glides towards Irian, cold hand held forward. After the attack, she continues gliding, disappearing through the door to the right.

Round 3 begins!
Ghost provokes an AoO from Davian:[roll4] for [roll5] plus [roll6] points of fire damage. [roll7], 1 misses.

Touch attack on Irian: [roll8] for [roll9] points of damage, and 2 negative levels.

Ghost damage count: 16

Yet to act in round 3: Everyone.

Map Updated (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K#gid=0)

DragoonWraith
2010-10-02, 01:29 PM
Nirvana
Nirvana re-readies her maneuvers (same set).

Koury
2010-10-02, 04:44 PM
Corretha

Corretha uses Mage Hand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magehand.htm) to try and open the door.

Ernir
2010-10-02, 06:21 PM
The Mausoleum

Nirvana does a quick kata to refresh her mind and body, and Corretha pushes open the door with telekinetic force. Behind the door, you see another sarcophagus, as well as the ghost, which was making itself ready to spring in your direction again.

Ghost damage count: 16 (10 temp HP)

Yet to act in round 3: Davian, Irian, Lysenko, Maust, Vorin.

Derjuin
2010-10-02, 07:02 PM
Irian

Exhausted from the spirity creature's touch, she turns and looks through the opened door. She leans on her staff, manages to point a finger toward the thing and launches a psionic bolt of ice toward it.

Energy Push (Cold), uses Fortitude instead of Reflex
[roll0], DC 15 Strength check or be knocked back 5 ft/5 damage

Ernir
2010-10-02, 09:21 PM
The Mausoleum

The bolt of ice hits the ghost woman, but having no body to be affected by the force of the impact, she is not pushed back.

[roll0] miss chance on the power, 1 misses.
Fort save: [roll1]

Ghost damage count: 16 (3 temp HP)

Yet to act in round 3: Davian, Lysenko, Maust, Vorin.

peterpaulrubens
2010-10-03, 12:31 AM
Vorin

Vorin flies after the thing, and then breathes on her.

Flap to J9 and breathe. [roll0] damage, DC19 Reflex for half.

Tyrael
2010-10-03, 02:16 AM
Davian runs towards the creature, readying his flaming sword.

Double-move to J10

senrath
2010-10-03, 02:33 AM
Lysenko

Unsure of what to do, and worried about his wolf's reaction to the being, Lysenko held back, content to let the others handle this particular situation.

Lysenko and wolfy take total defense and stay put.

Wolf Turns: 10/12

Spells:

Critical
2010-10-03, 04:49 AM
Maust

Following Lysenko's example, Maust got into defensive posture as well.

Total defense, +4 AC

Ernir
2010-10-03, 07:26 AM
The Mausoleum

Vorin breathes on the ghost, but it winks out in time to avoid the blast. It tries to retaliate by draining Davian, but the paladin manages to dodge the ghostly arm.

[roll0], 1 misses
[roll1]

Round 4 begins!

Ghost@Davian: [roll2] for [roll3] points of damage and 2 negative levels.

Yet to act in round 4: Everyone.

Koury
2010-10-03, 08:08 AM
Corretha

Desperatly wishing she had prepared more offensive spells, Corretha readies herself to move an ally out of harms way.

Move to E10 and Ready Action to cast Benign Transposition when the ghost attacks an ally, switching the target of the attack with the summoned wolf.

Hope Lysenko doesn't mind. :smallamused: In fact, I may need him to move his wolf a little closer for this to work.

DragoonWraith
2010-10-03, 11:28 AM
Nirvana
Nirvana hurries to H11, and uses her own ghostly attack!

Shadow Blade Technique
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Ernir
2010-10-03, 07:20 PM
The Mausoleum

Corretha gets into position to perform some magic, and Nirvana leaps forward with her shadow-enhanced blade, but the ghost infuriatingly slips away once more.

Miss chance: [roll0]

Yet to act in round 4: Davian, Irian, Lysenko, Maust, Vorin.

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K&pli=1#gid=0)

senrath
2010-10-03, 10:23 PM
Lysenko

Edging closer, and urging the wolf to do the same, Lysenko desperately tried to think of something he could do to help. He wasn't much of a fighter, and those of the party that were were having difficulties.

Lysenko and wolfy take total defense and move to G10 and F7, respectively.

Wolf Turns: 9/12

Spells:

peterpaulrubens
2010-10-04, 12:07 PM
Vorin

Vorin angles to get a good shot at the creature, and then breathes.

I'm not sure on the height of the sarcophagus.. if I can fire over it and hit her, I'll stay put and just breathe. Otherwise I'll move to where I can get a clear shot - J11 ought to do it.

Ernir
2010-10-04, 02:14 PM
The Mausoleum

The ghost is hit fully by Vorin's blast. It does not take physical wounds, as before, but you notice her outlines getting more blurred.

I'd guess the sarcophagus makes a low obstacle, granting cover (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#cover), it's not more than three-four feet high. I will assume you just fly around it.

Reflex: [roll1]

Ghost damage count: 21

Yet to act in round 4: Davian, Irian, Maust.
Map updated (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K&pli=1#gid=0)

Tyrael
2010-10-04, 02:49 PM
Stepping around the sarcophagus, Davian swings his blazing sword again.

Move to J12 and [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ernir
2010-10-04, 07:04 PM
The Mausoleum

Davian's blade whisks away even more of her form.
"The swooohhhrd... it buuuhhhrns...", she gasps.

Ghost damage count: 33

Yet to act in round 4: Irian, Maust.

Map updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K&pli=1#gid=0)

Derjuin
2010-10-05, 03:23 PM
Irian

Irian takes a step north, and begins focusing her mind for another empowered assault on the party's foe.

Concentration check to regain Psionic Focus:
[roll0]

Ernir
2010-10-05, 03:44 PM
Maust

Maust, stuck on the sidelines, tries to close in.

Move to F10, total defense.

Ghost

The ghost floats above the sarcophagus, and reaches her arm towards Nirvana. Corretha, however, was prepared, and teleports Nirvana away, placing Lysenko's wolf in her stead.
The wolf releases a terrified howl when it sees where it has ended up. The ghost, on the other hand, smiles gleefully as she grabs the wolf, which immediately starts shriveling up. A few yelps of pain later, the blackened remains of the wolf *poof* out of existence, and the ghost looks stronger once more, clearly having fed off the wolf's essence.
Round 5 begins!
Ghost: [roll0] for enough negative levels to instakill the Wolf.

Ghost damage count: 33 (10 temp HP)

Yet to act in round 5: Everyone.

Map Updated. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnrwSTVjG0mhdFFVc3c1OEVqcTI5UHkyUU0wd0hCN mc&hl=en&authkey=CIXuyv8K&pli=1#gid=0)

DragoonWraith
2010-10-05, 05:53 PM
Nirvana
Nirvana goes for another Fists of Fire!

Burning Blade followed by Wolf Fang Strike.

peterpaulrubens
2010-10-05, 06:29 PM
Vorin

Vorin breathes on the unholy creature.

Ernir
2010-10-05, 08:07 PM
The Mausoleum

Nirvana tosses herself at the ghost, burning blades at the ready. After making both stabs, she throws down a smoke bomb, and like a true ninja, disappears entirely. Vorin's breath fills the void where she stood, hitting the flabbergasted ghost well. It is as if the force of the breath is literally blowing away the form of the ghost, she consists of only a small outline by now.

Nirvana Miss Chance 1: [roll0]
Nirvana Miss Chance 2: [roll1]
Vorin Miss Chance: [roll2]

Ghost damage count: 42

Yet to act in round 5: Corretha, Davian, Irian, Lysenko, Maust.

senrath
2010-10-06, 05:35 PM
Lysenko

"Let's go with something mindless to soak up hits." Lysenko said as he thrust out his arms, a skeletal shape materializing in front of him.

Summon Undead I to summon a Human Warrior Skeleton at H10, which swings at the ghost (and misses).

Skeleton Current AC: 15
Skeleton HP: 6/6
Skeleton Turns: 12/12

Spells:

Ernir
2010-10-06, 06:01 PM
The Mausoleum

The skeleton swings its scimitar at the ghost, but she evades the blow.

[roll0] for [roll1], miss: [roll2]

Yet to act in round 5: Corretha, Davian, Irian, Maust.

Koury
2010-10-06, 06:08 PM
Corretha

Corretha lets loose another small glob of acid, aimed at the ghost.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2], if needed.

Ernir
2010-10-06, 09:01 PM
The Mausoleum

The ghost blinks away from the tiny ball of acid, causing it to splatter on the wall behind her.

Yet to act in round 5: Davian, Irian, Maust.

Map unchanged.

Tyrael
2010-10-07, 02:35 AM
Davian swings his mighty blade again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Derjuin
2010-10-07, 07:36 AM
Irian

Irian moves around her allies, getting a clearer line to the enemy. She makes a pushing motion with her hand toward the apparition, and a thin bolt of lightning erupts and speeds toward it. "Die, drat you!" she growls.

Moving to E 11.

Manifesting Energy Push (Electricity):
[roll0] Reflex DC 19 for half

Critical
2010-10-07, 08:41 AM
Maust

Not knowing what to do, Maust stood in defence again.

Full defense. :S

Ernir
2010-10-07, 10:46 AM
The Mausoleum

With a combined effort, Davian and Irian attack the ghost. Davian's sword flies straight through, but Irian's energy push hits it squarely. The power causes the ghost's outline to blur and shift, and within moments, the she loses her form and dissipates.

"Shhhhhhhhh..."

Davian's attack: [roll0]
Irian's power: [roll1]

You win. Loot!

The ghost disappears entirely, but the wight you just destroyed was evidently buried with...

A breastplate +1
A spear +1
A cloak of resistance +1
A ring of protection +1
2668 GP.

Koury
2010-10-07, 07:52 PM
Corretha

Corretha, after the party is back in usual adventuring positions, opens the other door via Mage Hand.

Ernir
2010-10-09, 02:39 PM
The Mausoleum

The room you enter is nearly a mirror of the opposite room. In this room, however, the sarcophagus is occupied. It takes some prying your eyes, but if you are not mistaken, the corpse that lies there is the corpse of the ghost that just attacked you.

Loot!

The corpse has masterwork studded leather armor (worth 87.5 GP) and [roll0] GP.

Ernir
2010-10-11, 08:06 PM
The Mausoleum

The team, not liking its chances, slinks back to the encampment to resupply and regroup.

The Rogue Encampment

Back at the encampment, Nirvana is nowhere to be seen. In her stead, you meet up with a beautiful, slightly glowing individual of indeterminate age and gender, who offers to join your glorious quests.

After an afternoon of talking shop with Charsi, you rest and recuperate.