PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Homebrew Items (D&D 3.5)

Roga
2010-07-06, 08:29 PM
As the name says, favorite homebrew items. Either flavorful or just fun. Also unique or odd uses of existing magic items.

Mine is the Rod of the Universal Sovereign. 28,000g
It's a 12 inch metal rod with two buttons. One end exudes up 1 one oz of Sovereign Glue per day, while the other end exudes up to 1 oz of Universal Solvent.
This was originally handed out as a joke item, especially with the misleading name, but it became a staple member of the standard adventurer's kit. This got used to attach immovable rods to things all the time. The Horizon walker used it to attach a few immovable rods to his tower shield, put the tower shield on the ground, activate the rods, and Dimension door himself and the shield 500 feet straight up and rained down arrows.

Your turn guys!

gallagher
2010-07-06, 08:37 PM
i invented a pair of rocket skates for my PC. makes charging that much more fun :thog:

subject42
2010-07-06, 09:21 PM
I had my PCs encounter a half-orc that had been lynched by the side of the road a while back. He had four rings on his hand. All four of them were cursed items that had a prestidigitation effect attached.

The first made the player tack muddy footprints everywhere.

The second made the player leave red handprints on everything that they touched.

The third made everything taste like pork.

The fourth caused a six inch jet of flame to burst out of the player's finger whenever he said "I".

The last one, especially, made the players freak out a little. They still trot them out and use one for random stuff now and then.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-06, 09:41 PM
The third made everything taste like pork.

"Where's dad shopping now? Everything tastes horrible. HORRIBLE!"

"Horrible how?"

"...Everything tastes like a pig. A PIG!!"

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-06, 10:10 PM
Pork is tasty. That ring would be awsome!

JonestheSpy
2010-07-06, 10:27 PM
Metamagic Truestone Crystal - yeah, I know crystals are supposed to be for psionics, but it can translate to metapsionic easily.

A magic crystal that is similar to the metamagic rods. It allows arcane casters to apply any of one the following feats to their spells: Empower spell, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Greater Spell Penetration, Heighten Spell, or Widen Spell. The crystal hold enough energy to enable 8 "spell slots worth" of feats, the number of spell slots a feat would normally add to a spell's casting level draining that amount from the crystal - e.g. if the crystal was used to Widen a spell, it would drain 3 'slots worth' of energy from the crystal, leaving five available. The crystal regenerates energy at the rate of one 'slot' every three hours.

For the purposes of this item, the Greater spell Penetration feat counts as one 'spell slot'.

Using the crystal is tricky - it requires a Spellcraft check of 20 + the level of e spell being effected, e.g. using the crystal to effect a Fireball needs a DC 23 Spellcraft check.

I have no idea how such an item would be priced - my campaigns ignore WBL.

Volthawk
2010-07-07, 01:43 AM
I had theses boxes. That when you open them, there's another box. Open that one, and there's another box. Each box can only make one more box, but you can take them away, and each box doesn't need to be with the others to work.