PDA

View Full Version : [Twi] Twilight IV II

Pages : [1] 2

Cracklord
2010-07-06, 10:49 PM
It seems we have more discussion to be doing!

doliest
2010-07-06, 10:52 PM
Yes! Discuss Discuss Discuss!

industrious
2010-07-06, 11:05 PM
Like I said, Team Volturi are in trouble, aren't they?

Cracklord
2010-07-06, 11:09 PM
I'm afraid so. Once Aro stops messing with you he's going to roll up his sleeves and get to work.

doliest
2010-07-06, 11:14 PM
Sucks to be them. Are the Fae courts still supporting hard luck cases? :smallamused:

industrious
2010-07-06, 11:15 PM
I'm afraid so. Once Aro stops messing with you he's going to roll up his sleeves and get to work.

Which is why I have deliberately kept Sam from using Hellfire. He won't touch it until the last minute. It eats through drywall like that. And don't get me started on the stains.

Cracklord
2010-07-06, 11:17 PM
Not when it would mean getting in the way of the Prince of Darkness contracts. That's not healthy.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 01:46 AM
Notice how the lowest powered characters are the ones closest to facing ancient evils.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 01:50 AM
Well, yes.
I suppose that would make you a demonstration, wouldn't it?

Blame Industrious. For every character he brings in, I have to make him more powerful to balance things.

doliest
2010-07-07, 01:51 AM
Notice how the lowest powered characters are the ones closest to facing ancient evils.

I'm laughing, both on the inside and out. But that may be because I'm now a fan of Babylon 5. No. No, wait it's because those characters are dead. :smallbiggrin:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do the 'My character's aren't dead dance.' :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 01:52 AM
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do the 'My character's aren't dead Yet dance.' :smallamused:

Fixed it for you.

doliest
2010-07-07, 01:55 AM
One day soon this dance of ours shall end, Cracklord, and I shall be the winner!

You hear me, Cracklord!? CAN YOU HEAR ME!?!?! :smallfurious:

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:00 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/5pVWnlZveg9wzh7sHeNTYF1I79yvEEVOCpzvaR6Kjyg_/tdh2z5e0vqph6.jpg

I'll let our mutual friend answer that, Doliest.

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:04 AM
Cracklord, you have entered a realm not of quality or development, but of bad literature. I'm afraid-

http://rhapsodyinbooks.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/twilightzone_blog.jpg

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:15 AM
And you're in here with me. But I'm the king of the pit, baby! Better a king of hell, then a slave in heaven!

By the way, on a slightly more serious note, Sylar is, logically speaking, a seedling. Which means Christine can make him even more obscenely powerful. Lets stay away from magic, that's a can of worms best ignored, and he can already partly mimic technology, though it's imperfect, so perhaps give him the ability to mimic powers of other lifeforms?

darkblade
2010-07-07, 02:18 AM
Yeah well I have a potential way to bring back Kirby. Sure the Hannibal Kirby was condemed to die but a new nightmare would have to be created to fill in the void left behind, a much less experience and primitive nightmare closer to the Kirby from the games.

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:19 AM
You're off the edge of the map, Cracklord. Here they're be monsters!

Honestly, I don't know how Robert would handle aliens. It's up to you really, but I'm okay with that suggestion.

Edit:Hannibal Kirby could still be revived, considering everything that's happened. Though a New Nightmare would be interesting. :smallwink:

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:23 AM
You know those stories they tell you about monsters? I'm the worst one.

Yeah well I have a potential way to bring back Kirby. Sure the Hannibal Kirby was condemed to die but a new nightmare would have to be created to fill in the void left behind, a much less experience and primitive nightmare closer to the Kirby from the games.

Fine with that. Go for it. Who's brain do you want to be reborn in?

And Doliest, allow me to tell you that this Sylar lives in a world where aliens are long established. Everyone knows Superman is an alien, and same with Mister Majestic, for example. And they are both very famous. Understatement

So Robert may not have an interest in them, but they are there all right.

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:26 AM
I believe we each game with a purpose, Cracklord. I believe my purpose is to usurp you.

No, I meant how his power handles them; not how he'd react to them.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 02:29 AM
Fine with that. Go for it. Who's brain do you want to be reborn in?

I was thinking Robert, since he had the most contact with the original Kirby out of the remaining characters, even if he doesn't remember his subconsious wouldn't be able to forget seeing a nightmare made flesh.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:34 AM
No, I meant how his power handles them; not how he'd react to them.

Fair enough. Make sure you do it in a situation best tailored for chaos.

Well, there has to be some way to improve him. As his power cannot actually change his physical structure, maybe we should make it able to do that. So he can use regeneration without undergoing muscular dystrophy. Except since we gave him the ability to grow wings he can do that anyway.
So I think this is the best way to represent it.

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:34 AM
That'll be interesting, all things considered. :smallwink:

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:37 AM
Alright then. You now have the potential to gain so much power it is ridiculous. I mean damn.

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:39 AM
It could be worse. Dr.Manhattan could show up; or Robert could regain his memories and team up with the reborn Kirby to rampage though a station that will spend a few ill-thought seconds trusting him.

No, I'm not giving you ideas, Cracklord.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:44 AM
It could be worse. Dr.Manhattan could show up; or Robert could regain his memories and team up with the reborn Kirby to rampage though a station that will spend a few ill-thought seconds trusting him.

No, I'm not giving you ideas, Cracklord.

If Dr Manhattan shows up (and he won't) then I'll have to make Aro even stronger, to keep a challenge in. So that would be bad.

And Doliest, lets keep things in perspective. Worse things could happen.

Here is one now,
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/92900-kid_buu.jpg
This cute little guy ate god. HE ATE GOD! And it made him weaker!

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:48 AM
True, but what are the chances that he would show u...p...

For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee, Cracklord.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 02:51 AM
Well if DBZ exists here then Japan wouldn't care about Kira. They all die by the millions on a weekly basis.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 02:52 AM
Joking.
Now if someone was to play a character from Dragon ball Z maybe I could oblige you.

Well if DBZ exists here then Japan wouldn't care about Kira. They all die by the millions on a weekly basis.

Yep. In the first season the badguys were blowing up planets. By the end...

doliest
2010-07-07, 02:54 AM
True. This is why people also aren't allowed to play Kaiju. Because then Japan won't exist.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 02:55 AM
It'd be like "One person died of a heart attack instead of alien attacks. Something strange is going on."

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 05:36 AM
I have a question. What would everyone prefer, individually tailored boss fights, or one huge one?
I have two possible answers to this conundrum, depending on which way you go.

industrious
2010-07-07, 05:50 AM
You realize that in this game, you actually had to upgrade Sam, not Aro, right?

Additionally, what's happening with Jenny Sparks?

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 06:17 AM
Well Shen's about to...
Oh. You mean is she still present. Yes. Yes she is. The two can exist at once, it just halves them both, we already agreed on that.
And she feels Jenny come back to life.

And yes, I had to make Sam powerful enough to be an asset.

Colesign
2010-07-07, 02:02 PM
My personal preference would be to have one final boss fight, where all the disparate characters are suddenly thrown together for a final battle, where the bad guy bangs a gong and summons an Army of Vampire Ninjas with Moral Clarity.:smallbiggrin:

Besides it would only makes sense that Supreme Villain Aro would throw every possible resource he can muster at the guys who are a threat to him.

doliest
2010-07-07, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't that mean individual fights make more sense? It seems like Aro's side is more self-interested; so a big team up fight would be a hindrance to him, if Justice League has taught me anything.:smallbiggrin:

industrious
2010-07-07, 03:10 PM
Going to agree with doliest. Divide and conquer is a very valid strategy. Send one team against Team Anti-Savage, another at Team Assassins(And Sam), etc.

EDIT: Just had another thought. Eventually, the New Gods will try to invade Earth. The thought of what will happen next is hilarious.

doliest
2010-07-07, 03:38 PM
Personally, I'm going to have a laugh over The Company's reaction to a group of Vigilantes and Superhero's being created; with Sylar as a major member. Scratch that; The Company's reaction, as well as HRG, Claire, Hiro, Peter, and Suresh.
Is Adam Monroe watching all of this and plotting? :smallwink:

industrious
2010-07-07, 04:01 PM
But they already know about the Authority...the only real problem is the "Sylar is a member now?!" part.

doliest
2010-07-07, 04:04 PM
That's exactly the part I'm going to enjoy. Same if Light's joining up on Near and Mello.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 04:08 PM
I can see Near and Mello doing basically what they did in the series but with the Avengers and the Kingpin instead of the CIA and mafia.

doliest
2010-07-07, 04:12 PM
So...Near has better help that don't view him as the Messiah of detectives and Mello dies for trying to move in on Kingpin?
I can live with that. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 04:13 PM
Well, Watari is clearly Alfred, and everyone knows Bruce has a thing for orphans and troubled youngsters, so who knows...

Also, don't forget zombie L.

doliest
2010-07-07, 04:20 PM
Heh. Light might keep it alive now that his status as 'Kira' doesn't matter to anyone who matters.

industrious
2010-07-07, 04:42 PM
Hawksmoor has plans for Kira. He'll still be alive and perfectly fit afterwords. Just taking a few precautions against Death Noting the Authority. Speaking of which, we'll need to decide on which powers Bob is going to keep. Because unlimited magic and quantum power are definitely out.

And Zombie L should definitely team up with the Question. Think of the hilarity that would ensue.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure L would be a zombie. It wasn't Light that killed him it was Rem and her note went into the evidence locker after to not make Light look suspicious.

doliest
2010-07-07, 04:50 PM
Huh. You're right. That sucks.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 04:55 PM
Ah. Right.
No L then. :smallfrown:

Hawksmoor has plans for Kira. He'll still be alive and perfectly fit afterwords. Just taking a few precautions against Death Noting the Authority. Speaking of which, we'll need to decide on which powers Bob is going to keep. Because unlimited magic and quantum power are definitely out.

And Zombie L should definitely team up with the Question. Think of the hilarity that would ensue.

His brain can't comprehend Quantum mechanics, because he's just an ordinary human. Like it can't perform a nearly infinite number of calculations in a nanosecond. And he can't use magic because his power works by understanding how something works, and magic doesn't work.
That's why it is magic. :smallwink:

industrious
2010-07-07, 04:59 PM
Well that solves the problem of the two godlike beings on the Authority's roster. And I'm going to assume that since his blood wasn't replaced with nanites, he can't copy the Engineer's abilities.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 05:12 PM
He can, but using his blood, rather then nanites.
And as he needs his blood to live, not a good idea.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 05:43 PM
That was anti-climactic...

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 05:47 PM
Yes it was...

industrious
2010-07-07, 05:47 PM
Meaning it was a decoy. Try to remember Sam's only human. And very breakable.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 07:07 PM
I know Deadpool doesn't argue this much, but I thought it would be funny.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 07:22 PM
As long as it is funny (or at least is trying to be) it is in character for Deadpool.

Draxx
2010-07-07, 07:29 PM
It makes the game awkward, that's for sure.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 07:41 PM
It makes the game awkward, that's for sure.

You try using him as a PC. Then you have the right to complain about the akward.

Colesign
2010-07-07, 07:42 PM
Oh, by the way, Tessa is Nicodemus's wife; she's the 'Mantis Girl' and a formidable sorceress.

Deirdre is Nicodemus's daughter; she's the Queen of Razor Hair.

In any case, it looks like Ivy didn't take them out after all...

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 07:48 PM
My mistake, fixed with apologies.

And no she didn't. Well, she tried to, but it didn't work out, for a reason I'll explain later.
Also, in this Billy Kincaid is replaced with Deadpool, just because the two would be the most awesome duo ever.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 08:12 PM
Ozymandius
"You seem to think a lot of your abilities." Adrian replies. He's not worried about the sum, it wouldn't even dent his weekly salary. Vedit industries, Wayne industries, Queen industries, Stark industries and Lexcorp pretty much had a monopoly on innovations in America, and he controlled energy and media, as well as no shortage of other assets.

Superheroes who double as business men need to work on their corporate branding. They are good at branding their heroics but all their companies have the same name.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 08:13 PM
They cut down on their department of Nomenology, I'll admit.

industrious
2010-07-07, 08:19 PM
We're forgetting a few other companies. Powers Enterprises, The Planetary Foundation(not so much innovation as "alien tech we've uncovered and are now selling), and Kord Industries.

darkblade
2010-07-07, 08:23 PM
Another {{Last Name}} Industries. I might accept Ted and Ollie since they barely have any ideas they didn't rip off from Bruce but really Stark and Veidt should both know better.

industrious
2010-07-07, 08:28 PM
Oh, almost forgot. OsCorp.

EDIT: Stark, like Bruce, inherited his company from his parents. So they had no choice. Vedit probably did it to signify that he was just as spectacular as Stark or Bruce. The man does have a tad bit of an ego problem.

Cracklord
2010-07-07, 08:38 PM
Hey, Ollie did legitimately make billions. And at least he can manage a relationship, unlike Bruce.

And yes, I imagine that is why Adrien did it. I expect he made sure his Sky scraper was one foot higher then theirs, and his office was slightly larger. And is desk was four inches higher as well, of course.

Colesign
2010-07-07, 10:51 PM
Say, is Sanya's arm fully healed, or only properly treated and set?

It's a bit awkward to fight with one arm.

And better add Jules to the Sanya-Rider Team. Knight of the Cross are at their most powerful together...:smallwink:

industrious
2010-07-07, 10:54 PM
Added Jules to Team Savage.

Draxx
2010-07-07, 11:01 PM
Huh. Maybe he'll have a chance to use that prayer for real...

Also, what about Robert?

Colesign
2010-07-07, 11:29 PM
Prayer? What prayer?

Draxx
2010-07-07, 11:32 PM
Remember that scene in pulp fiction?
The path of the righteous man...

Colesign
2010-07-08, 12:11 AM
"..... is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak and lowly through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children.

And I shall smite down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the LORD when I lay my fingers upon thee!!!!!!!"

That piece of scripture, combined with Jules Wielding Ammoracchius, reaches new heights of badass.:smallamused:

Edit: Oh, is Sanya's arm completely healed, Cracklord?

industrious
2010-07-08, 12:13 AM
Unless Jules get infected by a coin. Then all that righteous anger becomes rather...different. Redirected.

Colesign
2010-07-08, 12:19 AM
You're the one to talk, Midnighter...I mean, Nicod...I mean Industrious.

Hopefully Sanya can gives Jules a more detailed explanation of what the role of the Knights of the Cross is on the way up.

industrious
2010-07-08, 12:22 AM
The Midnighter is too angry to let a coin control him. In fact, his plan for avoiding temptation is to have his computer on all the time, in every situation...and stick the demon with the backlog of data that would melt his brain. Genius and poetry. Also sadism.

And Nicodemuws would be terrifying even if he didn't have a coin. He's like Bizarro Michael that way.

EDIT: Could we get a Media post, Cracklord? It would be nice to see what the wider world is thinking, before what I presume is the actual real finale?.

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 12:37 AM
Edit: Oh, is Sanya's arm completely healed, Cracklord?

Delicate, but functional, lets call it.

EDIT: Could we get a Media post, Cracklord? It would be nice to see what the wider world is thinking, before what I presume is the actual real finale?.

They take a while to think up. I'll do one once everyone gets off.

industrious
2010-07-08, 12:46 AM
Thank you very much. I liked seeing our actions have an impact on the world. Go go Fourth Estate!

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 12:58 AM
Yeah, one of my better ideas.

doliest
2010-07-08, 02:32 AM
Heh. Robert really doesn't care which group he's dropped in with; he's distracted by the voice. Seems like that happens to Sylar regardless of his alignment. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 05:05 AM
Here is a summary of how Sylar's powers work. At least how they do in the continuity of this.
I know I keep depowering Sylar, but given how he's about to meet Sabertooth, the evil version of the incredible Hulk and maybe other metahumans, the alternative is to terrible to contemplate.
Also, I'm going to extend things. You have to observe powers at work to pick them up, not just meet people with them.

Seedlings he has a perfect replication ability on. So, for instance, he is quite capable of instantly gaining Jackson King's powers. However, he doesn't get the increased powers from activation. So he'd only get his regular powers, not current (improved) ones.
Regular Radiation abilities he also has a 100% rate on. So The Hulk's, or whatever, he can also perfectly mimic. Yes, that's right. Don't make Sylar angry.
Mutant powers, or powers individuals are born with, are about eighty percent, and can be lower. Simply because they have a different biological makeup, deformities in their brains, whatever.
Upgrades are about fifty percent. And can fail completely if he's not mentally or physically up to the task. For example, he is now capable of surviving on sunlight, And he can shoot lasers out of his eyes to burn calories, but he can't fly or lift a hundred tonnes due to structural issues.
Alien abilities, or products of a totally alien physiology, are about twenty percent. He can breathe in space, but only for short periods, and only if he gets plenty of sunlight.

doliest
2010-07-08, 05:11 AM
Don't make Robert angry, or he becomes the Incredible Sylar. Capable of eating your brain...after removing it, personally. WITH HIS HANDS!

RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!!!

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 05:24 AM
Current List of powers: Yes, this is a retcon.
Regeneration. (Acquired from Midnighter, Heinkel, Anderson and especially, Lobo): Currently extremely powerful, about on level with Heinkel. Can reattach lost limbs, and regenerate almost instantly. Does not need to be alive to do this, for instance his body survived in the vacuum of space for six hours, his vital signs periodically flashing up then shorting out again.
Lightning. (Acquired from Jenny Sparks). This works exactly as it does for her, except their is a clear limit to how much he can channel safely. Due to his regeneration, this might not be an issue. Ya feelin' lucky, punk?
Flight. (Mostly from Swift). He can fly. He does not have the mass to create full length wings, and so instead lines his arms with feathers. Not suitable for more then twenty minutes before the strain is telling (flight needs BIG shoulder muscles), and is nowhere near as maneuverable as most superheroes.
Agility.(Swift, Midnighter, Hawksmoor, Anderson) Speed and co-ordination mostly, though he gets a bif of flexibility in there as well.
Strength: (Midnighter, Apollo, Hawksmoor, Anderson) Yep. Sylar's looking very toned, and his muscles are denser then usual as well.

Also, their are opportunities for more powers if you ask the right people the right questions! :smallwink:

Gotta catch 'em all!

doliest
2010-07-08, 05:27 AM
Wouldn't it be 'Gotta steal them all?' Or 'Copy them all?' Robert isn't really 'catching' something unless you're talking about catching something like you catch the cold. :smallwink:

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 05:31 AM
But the theme song!
I want to be, the very best.
That no one ever was.
To get them all is my real test
To train them is my course.
I will travel, across the land,
searching far and wide.
Each pokemon, to understand,
the power that's inside.

I mean, cross out one word and what do you get?

doliest
2010-07-08, 05:34 AM
True; but where does the brain devouring come in? Remember, you've got to market it to kids somehow. Maybe toy brains you devour? No, no choking hazard.

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 05:36 AM
Eh, kids are better around that violence stuff then most adults.

doliest
2010-07-08, 05:42 AM
Won't Somebody Please Show Violence To The Children!

Colesign
2010-07-08, 10:44 AM
Say, we're coming up on a climactic duel(s). Today, I'm heading off on a camping trip for today and the majority of tomorow.

If serious **** is going down, I wouldn't mind if Cracklord narrated Sanya doing some basic actions like helping people out; nothing overt, just stuff to show Sanya still a part of the plot.

Also, I might point out that Tessa will probably have, by here side, Deirdre the Razor Wire Medusa (if she's not dead), and Rossana, Tessa's Trusted Lieutenant, who transforms into a classic demon (leathery wings, tail, horns, and cloven hooves), and is also a potent sorceress.

Also, Rossana and Sanya have a History:smallredface:

nanobot_swarm
2010-07-08, 11:12 AM
Okay, can somebody plese explain to me what is going on in the carrier, and what all the characters are doing there?
I have to admit, I'm pretty much lost as to what is going on.

industrious
2010-07-08, 11:27 AM
We're being split into two teams to take care of two powerful factions of supervillains and other nasties. Jules will be in Jenny Spark's group, taking care of Vandal Savage, and more immediately, Polonias Lartessa, who was/is Nicodemus's wife.

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:00 PM
I have a question.
Would everyone prefer a sort of brawl finish, or an elaborate, Oceans Eleven style plan with everyone working together like a well oiled machine?

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:08 PM
I have a question.
Would everyone prefer a sort of brawl finish, or an elaborate, Oceans Eleven style plan with everyone working together like a well oiled machine?

The second part is never going to happen with this group, you know that right? Though it IS Ozzy's style to try one. And it would be awesome.

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:14 PM
Then try I will. And yell when you fail to perfectly execute plan Omega-7!

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:16 PM
Omega-7? How very Ozzy of you. What were plans Omega 1-6?

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:20 PM
That's classified!

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:25 PM
Password: Swordfish

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:30 PM
Curses, foiled again!

darkblade
2010-07-08, 07:31 PM
Password: Swordfish

No it's Ramses.

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:31 PM
No it's Ramses.

It's always Swordfish, even when it's not.

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:33 PM
No it's Ramses.

Ah, right. So it is.

I must say, Ozymandius in charge of metahumans is a chilling prospect.

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:35 PM
Ah, right. So it is.

I must say, Ozymandius in charge of metahumans is a chilling prospect.

Correction; an Army of metahumans. He could Take-over the world! :smallbiggrin:

darkblade
2010-07-08, 07:36 PM
Correction; an Army of metahumans. He could Take-over the world! :smallbiggrin:

Of Course!

Draxx
2010-07-08, 07:37 PM
Who says he's not going to try to?

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:38 PM
Heh. By the way, does Kirby still want out? :smallwink:

industrious
2010-07-08, 07:38 PM
Jenny, for one. Plus, he's only in charge because Hawksmoor said he was.

darkblade
2010-07-08, 07:40 PM
Heh. By the way, does Kirby still want out? :smallwink:

Of course he does but he's going to wait until Sylar has more "friends" to play with.

doliest
2010-07-08, 07:42 PM
"Friends"? "Play"? "OF COURSE!"

Does anyone remember what Light was...oh right, Zombies. He was waiting for Hawksmoor to get back to get some help with those.

Draxx
2010-07-08, 08:00 PM
So I'm hearing approval for the over complicated approach?

Jenny, for one. Plus, he's only in charge because Hawksmoor said he was.

Yeah, I know.

doliest
2010-07-08, 08:00 PM
To borrow a page from Darkblade's book
"OF COURSE!"

industrious
2010-07-08, 09:23 PM
Jules is assigned to work with Sanya. He's in the first group, I believe. With Jenny, Sylar/Bob, Apollo, and the Midnighter.

Cracklord
2010-07-08, 09:37 PM
Ozymandius rearranged things.

industrious
2010-07-10, 06:31 AM
I meant something different for Jackson. Before he was a psychic, he was primarily a telekinetic. And even when he needed an amplification suit for combat telekinesis, he could still bend bullets around him, snap chains...and squeeze people's hearts together. It happened when he got kidnapped by a rogue US militia.

Cracklord
2010-07-10, 06:57 AM
I'll fix that now.

Colesign
2010-07-11, 02:14 PM
I could use some clarification on these matters.

There are around three big villains trying to take over parts of the U.S., and via Carrier Doors, the sub-groups are all being dispatched to take them out.

There's Red Skull, which is getting taken down by the avengers.

There's Savage and Co., being taken down by the Authority and Iscariot and extra.

Then there's Tessa and Pals, which should get taken down by Team Knight.

So why is Sanya and Company getting teleported to Savage's compound? Is Tessa working with Savage?:smallconfused:

Colesign
2010-07-11, 02:35 PM
Oh, I'm also going to be on vacation until Friday:

feel free to portray Sanya as doing basic, non-overt actions.

doliest
2010-07-11, 02:36 PM
Woohoo! Party likes it's 1699!
Wait, I think I got something wrong there.

doliest
2010-07-11, 07:01 PM
Light was asking Sammuel, Cracklord. :smalltongue:

Or is he not answering? Why don't we talk anymore!?

WAHHHHHHHHHH!:smallfrown:

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 07:09 PM
"Do not worry Light. I still love you. I love every bit of you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

doliest
2010-07-11, 07:29 PM
"Do not worry Light. I still love you. I love every bit of you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

That...that was too good. You scare me, Cracklord. Congrats, you are part of an exclusive group of only two people who scare me.

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 08:06 PM
I could use some clarification on these matters.

There are around three big villains trying to take over parts of the U.S., and via Carrier Doors, the sub-groups are all being dispatched to take them out.

There's Red Skull, which is getting taken down by the avengers.

There's Savage and Co., being taken down by the Authority and Iscariot and extra.

Then there's Tessa and Pals, which should get taken down by Team Knight.

So why is Sanya and Company getting teleported to Savage's compound? Is Tessa working with Savage?:smallconfused:

Tessa is working with Savage. You haven't encountered her yet, however.
One is being settled off screen and the other is the one Aro is working with.

darkblade
2010-07-11, 08:58 PM
Behold Deadpool Kirby!

nanobot_swarm
2010-07-11, 08:59 PM
Could Travis theoretically sell his soul to Satan there?
Like say he calls out that he wishes to make a deal with the devil for his soul in exchange for x.

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 09:16 PM
No, unfortunately not. Satan is going out of the buisness after being screwed over one to many times. :smallwink:

And I am terrified right now. Deadpool Kirby.

Corvond
2010-07-11, 09:38 PM
HEY all i know this games nearly over but id really like to get in on the next game as ive been reading a bit of the story and its hilarious!
i dont know who id play but i just wanna get a little bit more experience at writing on the forums

nanobot_swarm
2010-07-11, 09:44 PM
None of the minor demon princes or demons interested?

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately your soul is kind of the property of Aro at the sec. But if you kill all the souls in him, like that girl, he'll have nothing to fuel himself and throw you up.
Expected time: Two months.

And we're getting to the end, but I'm always wiling to sign someone new up.

Corvond
2010-07-11, 10:21 PM
badass whats the alround power level?
would i be able to play someone from dbz abridged?

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 10:25 PM
Please consult the first page of this here discussion forum.

Colesign
2010-07-11, 10:39 PM
Don't forget, Cracklord, that the ooc forum grew so large that a new one had to be started.

Oh, it turns out the vacation hotel had wi-fi.:smallbiggrin:

doliest
2010-07-11, 10:43 PM
Never doubt the need of hotels to cater to tech nerds. :smallbiggrin:

darkblade
2010-07-11, 10:45 PM
Savage Land goes boom? :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 10:51 PM
Savage Land goes boom? :smalltongue:

"Cracklord said not to tell you that."

"Damnit Lil' me! No contract poaching!"

doliest
2010-07-11, 10:52 PM
Well, Light's plan(s) were all burst by the wizard, except one, which would have worked had Sammuel not eaten up time arguing. It's a cruel world to him, eh? :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 11:01 PM
Not really, you have to remember Zedd comes from a world that runs on Crazy Troll Logic. So for him it makes sense to attain total power then leave it where it is, and expect it to still be there in nine months.

doliest
2010-07-11, 11:03 PM
Built on it, really. Did that happen in one of the books?

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 11:15 PM
Some of the so called logical steps they take...
Well, lets put it this way. Zedd determines that the Chimes (magic eating things. Evil.) are after his grandson. So he tries to convince the Chimes to eat him, on the assumption that since they want to eat Richard, the fact that he's not Richard will poison them, but since he's Richard's grandfather they won't be able to tell the difference.
Yeah. And he's meant to be wise.

doliest
2010-07-11, 11:24 PM
Wow. Just...wow. I've seen badfics that are less absurd. That's IG88 takes over the Death Star absurd.
Also, because I have to-

"FATHER! THE SEEKER HAS AWOKEN!"

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 11:27 PM
Let the bells sound to declare that upon this day, the seeker has been found!

doliest
2010-07-11, 11:28 PM
Long live the Fighters!

Cracklord
2010-07-11, 11:30 PM
By the way, you don't actually need any special qualities to use the Sword. Well, it's better powers you need to be Richard to use, but otherwise it's just a lump of metal which does cool tricks. Zedd just doesn't realize that.

doliest
2010-07-11, 11:33 PM
Heh. I thought it's it would require someone delusional enough to think that they're always right.

Imagine it was Lewis Black saying that, instead of my Avatar.

darkblade
2010-07-11, 11:38 PM
At this point we could make a PSA about not touching magic items out of Light's involvment in this game.

doliest
2010-07-12, 12:21 AM
The Tagline: It's like there's a party and I'm killing everyone!

industrious
2010-07-12, 12:32 AM
Hey guys. What'd I miss?

doliest
2010-07-12, 12:33 AM
Light's the Seeker of Truth, Zedd has the power of The Doctor and is listening to Light.

industrious
2010-07-12, 12:38 AM
...that isn't good. Hawksmoor told Light not to let the Doctor die.

doliest
2010-07-12, 12:44 AM
He honestly tried; Sammuel however cost him a precious few minutes he was going to use to save everything. Oh and Habbin's alive again, I think. Just not The Doctor.

industrious
2010-07-12, 12:48 AM
Not for long. If Hawksmoor has anything to say about it.

doliest
2010-07-12, 12:51 AM
Yes, Light now has, MORAL CLARITY (Trade Marked)

doliest
2010-07-12, 01:54 AM
Zedd's probably going to stop that....hopefully. :smallamused:

industrious
2010-07-12, 01:56 AM
King of Cities. He hasn't even turned the dials up yet.

doliest
2010-07-12, 01:57 AM
Seeker of Truth. I'm hoping Light's is bigger than Jack's. It depends on what abilities require being Richard and which don't.

industrious
2010-07-12, 02:05 AM
That is Tokyo. All of it.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/87571-155098-jack-hawksmoor_super.jpg

doliest
2010-07-12, 02:07 AM
He's still a basic living creature with no magic. Both the Death Note and his blood are usable by Light.
My Avatar just changed again! MAKE IT STOP!

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 03:41 AM
Please. Please make it stop.

doliest
2010-07-12, 03:44 AM
Seriously. Someone tell me HOW that happened. I don't want to see that eye anymore. I want something else, anything else! :smalleek: / :smallfurious:

On a less terrified note, does putting the Sword down release the haze? Or does simply holding it dub one with the title permanently?

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 04:55 AM
Yeah. Richard, without the sword, managed to solve a problem without killing anyone. Given it was the book with the chicken evil manifest and the crazy troll logic example from before, but then that book was basically about the badguy exercising his Droit De Sehnair.

doliest
2010-07-12, 04:59 AM
And so, Light is thinking rationally. Which for him, is killing the Spirit of the 21st century, getting his girlfriend released alongside her tool of mass murder, and plotting a way to convert Hawksmoor, all the while discussing things with his Fallen, Death God, and with a powerful Wizard in the background.
Light is officially the funnest character in existence. Really, no arguments. Oh, and if he really kills Jenny Quantum, Robert's going to have a bone to pick with him.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 05:03 AM
Objection!

Misa is the funnest character, because she gets to mess with Light.

doliest
2010-07-12, 05:08 AM
By that token, so is Ryuk(Yes!) and Sammuel(No!). But they all lack either resource or motive to be involved in the insane affairs Light is. Would Misa sit down to kill Jenny Quantum while consorting with Ryuk and Sammuel? No, no she would not. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 05:17 AM
Do you have any idea how fun it is playing a total ditz who manages to outsmart and manipulate Light and L?

Deadpool is a lot of fun as well, but exhausting.

doliest
2010-07-12, 05:24 AM
Heh; the burden of the DM; trying to consistently play a hundred distinct NPCs. Also, there is no way 'Zeddicus' was unintentional; an insanely powerful wizard(who you've made a villain) who's name shortens out to 'Zedd,'? This man is truly the greatest thing in that series.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 05:50 AM
What do you mean made a villain?
But yes. Zedd is the series's main redeeming feature. In fact, that's why I'm still using him. Because he's the closest thing to an adequate character.

doliest
2010-07-12, 05:53 AM
You made him! YES YOU! You who raised him, you who twisted him, you who brought him into this business, it is YOUR FAULT!

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 05:54 AM
I didn't make him, Doliest.
I just opened up the doors, and let the real Zedd out.

doliest
2010-07-12, 05:56 AM
Liar! He was sweet and innocent before you twisted him! You monster; you're worse than Timone and Pumba!

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 06:01 AM
Well you, monsieur, are worse then Hitler. *Slap*

doliest
2010-07-12, 06:04 AM
Have you no decency Cracklord? Have you at long last, no decency?

Colesign
2010-07-12, 12:14 PM
I'm guessing "No".

By the way, is it just me and Jules facing Tessa and Co? It would be nice to get some help from one of Sanya's new friends:smallbiggrin:

Oh, and is Zedd going to try and kill Sanya, ("bring me the slayer of my grandson) anytime soon?

industrious
2010-07-12, 01:13 PM
Sanya and Jules are still with Jenny, as far as I know.

Colesign
2010-07-12, 01:50 PM
Jenny Sparks
The knights of the cross break away, pursuing their own targets. The two of you come to the headquarters. It's coated with plastic and rubber. No electricity.Vandal is dressed in a black, sleeveless tunic, and well armed.
"Here to arrest me?"

It seems that Cracklord, by caveat, split us up; I personally wouldn't have done that. So currently, I think us Knights of the Cross are in a bar, where Tessa and co. are waiting to ambush us.

doliest
2010-07-12, 01:51 PM
I believe Robert and Anderson(a truly terrifying duo to be sure) headed off in the opposite direction, while I think Midnighter and Hawksmoor are confronting Light and Zedd?

industrious
2010-07-12, 02:00 PM
Who else is with Jenny, then?

doliest
2010-07-12, 02:21 PM
I don't know, you'd have be Cracklord to figure out who's where in this game.

Colesign
2010-07-12, 02:54 PM
I think, Cracklord, non withstanding, that Sanya and Jules should quickly reunite with Jenny, just to have strength in numbers and variety of abilities.

Something like:

[Bang!!! as Sanya and Jules burst into room to aid Jenny]

Sanya: It was clear we were walking into trap...

Jules: ...so we sprang our own!!!

[Power Pose!!!]

Then we can deal with Tessa. I frankly wouldn't trust the odds in fighting with her unaided.

darkblade
2010-07-12, 02:59 PM
The Riders are with Jenny, trying to get everyone to get on his bike and away from the coming explosion.

industrious
2010-07-12, 04:19 PM
Jenny's on the top floor, facing off with Savage, though.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 05:30 PM
Oh, and is Zedd going to try and kill Sanya, ("bring me the slayer of my grandson) anytime soon?

No. He's going to let him live.
Yeah, he honestly thinks that's the worst thing he can do to you. Make you live with what you have done.

Anderson and Archer is atop a bunker, dealing with Slade, as Midnighter just left.
Jules, Sanya and Heinkel are dealing with the two denarians.
Midnighter and Hawksmoor are confronting Light Yagami in the garden of Ancestral memory
Vedit is on the Carrier.
Jenny Sparks and all the NPC members are confronting Vandal, along with Ghost Rider a.) and b.), Kirby and Robert.
Travis is left in Aro's soul, where he is going to kill him from the inside.
Bill has been vamperized by Aro, and now has the deadly vipers in his soul.

I think that's all.

Colesign
2010-07-12, 06:54 PM
Rosanna isn't the daughter of Nicodemus; Deirdre is. Rosanna is Tessa's trusted lieutenant, and has a 'history' with Sanya.

Unless she's referring to Nicodemus in a non-family way.

(Rosanna's personality is cold, like how you've been portraying her, with moments where she appears to be sorrowful and regretful for serving evil; it's unknown whether her 'regret' is real or a deception; Sanya believes she can change, though he might be compromised.)

No. He's going to let him live.
Yeah, he honestly thinks that's the worst thing he can do to you. Make you live with what you have done.

For Sanya to feel regret, killing Richard would have had to have been a morally dubious act. Sanya feels pretty justified; in this regard, at least, he has MORAL CLARITY.:smallwink:

industrious
2010-07-12, 07:48 PM
You forgot Sam.

doliest
2010-07-12, 08:17 PM
Small thing; from what I've read, the sword is the Shaman of warriors, allowing the seeker to access all the skill and ability of previous wielders.

industrious
2010-07-12, 08:18 PM
Then write in Light blocking his attacks and countering.

Though Light is still at a disadvantage, since he isn't exactly muscular.

doliest
2010-07-12, 08:19 PM
Actual, I'm not sure if Light gets that; Cracklord said people who aren't Richard only get some of them. That really needs clarifying, considering the Sword's list of abilities.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 09:40 PM
Richard, has two types of magic and serious supernatural backing, as well as being a Rahl. Light is not.
So Light can cut through anything, but whenever he does, he feels guilt at the acts proportional to how much the person doesn't deserve it.
He can't shoot lazerbeams or the rest, can't summon it at will, and it will eventually transform him into one of those squat, potbellied things. And he can't use the sword TO SUMMON UP ULTIMATE ABILITY and gain the ability of every Seeker, because only Richard can use the sword like that. Yes, that's the extent of explanation given.

Also, sorry about (yet another) Dresdan Files mixup. I'm only up to book three.

industrious
2010-07-12, 09:42 PM
Book three is when the Crazy Awesomeness really begins.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 09:45 PM
Yeah. Yeah it is. I'll buy four as soon as I can find a place that sells it.

Richard is a freak. While minutes away from dying of plague AIDS (he got better), he pulled somebodies spine out through their stomach. With his bare hands.
Most of it was him, not the sword. So no, Light doesn''t have a chance.

industrious
2010-07-12, 09:53 PM
You could have the Midnighter's attacks knock the sword from his hands(well, given their severity, it would only be a natural reflex). And once he's away from the crazy magic sword...he'll just be normal crazy homicidal Kira.

doliest
2010-07-12, 10:00 PM
Yeah, that seems about right. Light's a survivalist; he'll say anything and everything to get out of what happened, especially if it's true. Really the only character in this game who's more of a sociopath is Bella, and I don't think she counts, since while Light doesn't seem to believe other people actually have emotions, Bella does and actively enjoys toying with them. Why haven't we used her as a main villain yet?

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 10:05 PM
Yeah, that seems about right. Light's a survivalist; he'll say anything and everything to get out of what happened, especially if it's true. Really the only character in this game who's more of a sociopath is Bella, and I don't think she counts, since while Light doesn't seem to believe other people actually have emotions, Bella does and actively enjoys toying with them. Why haven't we used her as a main villain yet?

Because she isn't a leader. She messes with people, but she doesn't have a plan. So she's no fun.

industrious
2010-07-12, 10:08 PM
Yeah, that seems about right. Light's a survivalist; he'll say anything and everything to get out of what happened, especially if it's true

Except the Midnighter, not normally a pleasant fellow to be around with, just got one of his two Berserk Buttons pushed. Only way Light is getting out of this is if Jenny personally asks The Midnighter to stop.

EDIT: You forgot Sam again.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 10:11 PM
No I didn't.

By the way, a few toots of his harmonica an Bill is an ordinary human again.

industrious
2010-07-12, 10:23 PM
Vessels only work for the people they were crafted to contain, though. Unless the Devil's been lying to him the whole time.

Now, which one is more unlikely? :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 11:04 PM
...Did you just GET Victor Von Doom and OZymandius on the same frequency?

Oh this can not end well.

industrious
2010-07-12, 11:05 PM
It's so beautiful...like a train wreck...a pet supply train...with burning puppies trapped in cages...

Stop looking at me. I know you were thinking it too.

doliest
2010-07-12, 11:09 PM
It makes my accent scream with joy.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 11:26 PM
So, who wins the ego of?

industrious
2010-07-12, 11:30 PM
Doom owns a country. Therefore Doom.

Ozzy stopped the Cold War in a way so none of the masses know of it. Therefore Ozzy.

I want to see them play chess. Or Go. Or Monopoly.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 11:30 PM
Yeah. That would be hillarious.

industrious
2010-07-12, 11:32 PM
"you Have Landed On Doom's Property! Doom Demands Tribute!"

Draxx
2010-07-12, 11:40 PM
Of course, it would eventually turn out that it was only a doombot, and Ozymandius was only pretending to play to evade detection on his real scheme, but it would still be hillarious.

Cracklord
2010-07-12, 11:46 PM
"you Have Landed On Doom's Property! Doom Demands Tribute!"

"It is of no concequence. I could buy and sell you three times over."

Colesign
2010-07-13, 12:06 AM
Say, out of curiosity, do you know how to increase or decrease the size of your avatar photo? I think mine got overly enlarged.

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 12:14 AM
Everyone's did. Doliest's was terrifying, just an empty, souless eye.

doliest
2010-07-13, 12:32 AM
don't Remind Me!

darkblade
2010-07-13, 01:27 AM
I liked that eye. It comforted me that I'm not the only one with eyes like that.

Edit: So what kinds of vampire powers did Bill just get? Is he forced to obey Aro since Aro turned him? Any other bits of information I'll need to RP the newly vampired Bill?

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 04:22 AM
Bill
You find it very hard to directly disobey him, but otherwise you're your own man. You have the same sort of powers as Seras, ie strength, speed, bloodlust. Your also only vulnerable at the heart, otherwise you can just regenerate.
As Aro is a twipire, if a fairly good standard of one, you also get amazing looks, and a superpower (to instantly know any opponents weakness). You don't sparkle, but you do find the sun uncomfortable.
You lose quite a few inhibitions, find it harder to relate to people, and constantly hunger for the blood of the living.
You can also talk to the people in your soul.

Colesign
2010-07-13, 09:23 AM
That's good to know; but how do I switch it back?

There used to be an option to alter your custom avatar image's height and width, but it's gone; very upseting.:smallfrown:

nanobot_swarm
2010-07-13, 09:26 AM
This recent avatar increase, I will explain it in a rational manner, but first let me put on my hat:

http://edelmandert.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/conspiracy.jpg

Now then, this recent avatar size increase is a CONSPIRACY by THE MAN to force conformity on the populace. You see, they enlarged the avatars they don't approve of, therefore forcing the users to change because it looks stupid otherwise. They'll do this again, and again, taking away the avatars we can use, till we can only use male serf, female serf, or robot worker drone. Then they'll screw around with our names, making them so bad in a way, that ultimately they will be changed to numbers for "our own good". And then everyone will be the same, we will be unable to tell each other apart, especially when they remove different fonts and text colors.
So my brothers, stand against this CONSPIRACY and:

FIGHT THE POWER!

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 05:41 PM
It makes so much sense. Blame the combine! Stick it to the man!

By the way, I'll leave the fight for a bit, because everyone else will be doing things.

doliest
2010-07-13, 07:40 PM
Hey...is breaking the fourth wall a Deadpool 'ability,'? Is so, can Robert 'copy' that?

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 07:54 PM
Only if he wants to go insane due to the pain of having his healing factor multiply his cancer cells.

doliest
2010-07-13, 08:01 PM
....Good point...wait; I'm asking if he can copy it from Kirby. Does Kirby have that part too?
Eh, it doesn't really matter. Breaking the fourth wall isn't...such...a...great talent...anyway. Enacting...shatner...technique.

Colesign
2010-07-13, 09:56 PM
Heh.

So, there isn't any way to change the avatars back?

doliest
2010-07-13, 10:01 PM
Because I think it's a permanent change.

Colesign
2010-07-13, 10:06 PM
Yes!

I manage to fix it by changing the image size on my computer.

Now it's just a matter of bringing it back to a more aesthetically pleasing size.

doliest
2010-07-13, 10:08 PM
Lucky b******; with your fancy, 'computer learning,' and your 'photoshop,'. I wonder if I have photoshop....to my computer directory!
No. No I don't.

darkblade
2010-07-13, 10:31 PM
Indy, you got a reply to Bill trying to eat Sam?

doliest
2010-07-13, 10:40 PM
Behold, my new Avatar. Once again, everything is right with the world. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 10:54 PM
I feel comforted myself.

doliest
2010-07-13, 10:55 PM
Well, it is an export of your homeland, unlike the last Avatar. That also explains why it's terrifying to everyone else. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 10:57 PM
That may be a factor.

doliest
2010-07-13, 11:01 PM
Well, to quote Michael Swaim
"I've said many horrible things about Australians in the past and here's another; they are horrible wooden monsters. Eww, no wonder England exiled you to an island. I swear, if Australia has an airport, I am killing myself."

Or at least, that's the gist of it. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-07-13, 11:06 PM
Well you know what they say.
"Australians may be obnoxious, boorish, frequently drunk, and sickeningly smug, but at least they are not Americans."

doliest
2010-07-13, 11:08 PM
Indeed they do, Cracklord, indeed they do. And, if you have an Irish ancestry as I do(on one side mainly) you say
Bottom's up; I'll beat ya' for sayin' that in the morn.
:smallamused:

nanobot_swarm
2010-07-14, 09:09 AM
If God wanted man to live in Australia, he wouldn't have stuck it out in the middle of the ocean, made most of it a desert, and filled it with poisonous creatures. Don't deny it, especially that last part, you can't even swim in the oceans without a Sea Wasp attack. At least when swimming off the coast of New Jersey, you only have to worry about syringes floating around, and not something that possess venom that can kill you in under three minutes.

Colesign
2010-07-14, 11:07 AM
But the kangeroos are so cute!!!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

Cracklord
2010-07-14, 04:51 PM
No they're not. At least the big ones aren't up close.

If God wanted man to live in Australia, he wouldn't have stuck it out in the middle of the ocean, made most of it a desert, and filled it with poisonous creatures. Don't deny it, especially that last part, you can't even swim in the oceans without a Sea Wasp attack. At least when swimming off the coast of New Jersey, you only have to worry about syringes floating around, and not something that possess venom that can kill you in under three minutes.

That weeds out the weak, Nanobot. It's good for the soul, living in these conditions.
And as a surfer, I get bitten by Jellyfish and Bluebottles so often I don't even feel it anymore.

doliest
2010-07-14, 05:45 PM
I know this is a little off-topic...but I want to see the timeline for this world. Really, I can't imagine what it looks like anymore, once you try to mesh marvel, DC, authority, watchmen, heroes, dresden files, Death Note, and Hellsing together, my brain implodes.

Cracklord
2010-07-14, 06:07 PM
Well, the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy created the world 75 billion years ago. He is referred to as god in Wildstorm, and was killed by Jenny Sparks. His real name was Xenu. That should tell you all you need to know, but since t doesn't I'll go on.
Then twenty thousand years ago, Richard sent every human without MORAL CLARITY to earth from his world. Which meant all of them.
Now, Captain America was the first official superhero, and spawned a number of imitators. See also, the cast of Watchmen.
Anyway, the events of Watchmen occur, Except with metahumans rather then nukes. Dr Manhattan leaves, and the cold war ends. More or less.
I'm not sure how to fit in the existence of magic, so I won't.
See? It all makes sense?

doliest
2010-07-14, 06:19 PM
Makes sense, More than most of the writers involved likely would have had it any way. Wait; now I've got the idea into my head of 'what would happen if the author of Sword of Truth' wrote the backstory. And it won't leave. :smalleek:

Cracklord
2010-07-14, 06:23 PM
He did. It's called debt of bones.
It's rubbish. He charges $30 for barely 100 pages. And while I haven't read it, allow me to predict that it has at least one deus ex machina, and three gratuitous rape scenes.

doliest
2010-07-14, 06:28 PM
Really? I thought that was just another book in the Sword of Truth series. It lacks Rorasach, who would obviously be the main character in his version. having Moral Clarity and all. :smalltongue:

darkblade
2010-07-14, 06:39 PM
Rorasach's Journal.

World lacks scum. Moral clairity is too prevelant. No one to kill. Very bored.

doliest
2010-07-14, 06:46 PM
Rorasach's Journal.

World lacks scum. Moral clairity is too prevelant. No one to kill. Very bored.

Rorasach Journal

Met pacifist other day. Weak. Lacks Will. Smooth Talker. Seemed right about life though. World seems so different now. Not like it was. May talk to Manhattan about change. Get some beans.

Cracklord
2010-07-14, 07:03 PM
Actually, Richard kills pacifists on principle.
With an army. He has his army attack peaceful protesters ARMED ONLY WITH THEIR HATRED OF MORAL CLARITY.
So I figure Rorschach would have nothing against Richard.

Colesign
2010-07-15, 04:43 PM
Say, is Niccodemus's resurrection going to take place during the finale of the plot, or will it be one of those 'dun-dun-dun!!!!' moments in the epilogue?

Just curious.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 05:15 PM
Dunno yet.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 06:48 PM
Darkblade, I've been thinking. Hank is a badass, but could I swap him please?
For Kallad Stormwarden, badass dwarf stoic who kills vampires.

darkblade
2010-07-15, 06:59 PM
Hank is one of the characters I wrote an intro for. I'd perfer you don't swap him out.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 07:05 PM
OK then, I won't. What if I coerce Draxx into playing Hank as his third character? Can I play Kallad then?

darkblade
2010-07-15, 07:11 PM
If someone else will play Hank then sure. Hank is currently set up to be the first to deal with the game's guest villians.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 08:00 PM
Kallad Stormwarden
http://images.elfwood.com/art/j/s/jsin/dwarf.jpg
1. Experience killing vampires, and leading armies. He's read lorebooks on the subject, and knows more about the living dead then most necromancers.
2. Old grizzled badass. Doesn't seem to feel pain, and is in top physical shape. By dwarf standards, this means extremely strong. He's also fast, though it's easy to miss. And he once killed a werewolf with his teeth.
3. Ruinthorn, his axe. Very strongly enchanted. He also wears full plate armor.
4. Comes from a world where the elves and dwarves fought a massive, cataclysmic battle (that the dwarves won), and bears the grudge to this day, like all dwarves. So does not get on with elves.
5. Very charismatic, in a stoic sort of way. Also the prince of a Dwarven hold, admittedly a destroyed one, so has a little political clout when it comes to other dwarves.
6. Worked as an engineer, and makes steampunk derivative gadgets, such as grappling hook crossbows.

industrious
2010-07-15, 08:52 PM
Tessa is definitely coming back from that, if she's in her mantis form. Dear god that thing is creepy.

Sorry for not posting earlier; I've been busy. I am finally no longer unemployed.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 09:41 PM
Yeah, having a job is great.

Draxx
2010-07-15, 09:49 PM
After some serious discussion, I agree to take up Hank. A word which here means I'll do my best.

Colesign
2010-07-15, 10:16 PM
Tessa is definitely coming back from that, if she's in her mantis form. Dear god that thing is creepy.

Aye, but if enough people join in to stomp all the tiny mantises to a pulp before they can reform into one body (with big stompy boots), then ol' Mantis Bitch can go down for the count.

I do hope Sanya manages to stop Heinkel in time; he and Heinkel had a positive character relationship going, and Heinkel killing the woman Sanya still cared about in a certain way would definitely sour that.

Cracklord
2010-07-15, 10:18 PM
Yeah, now's the perfect time for a swarm.

Draxx
2010-07-15, 10:20 PM
Heinkel isn't evil or callous. Not exactly, anyway. She's just very straight forward. The was she sees it, Rossana has made her choice, and while new chances are all very well and good, if she hurts a single person in the future then it's her fault. And Heinkel values the hypothetical a lot more then the real in this case.

Colesign
2010-07-15, 10:28 PM
Heinkel isn't evil or callous. Not exactly, anyway. She's just very straight forward. The was she sees it, Rossana has made her choice, and while new chances are all very well and good, if she hurts a single person in the future then it's her fault. And Heinkel values the hypothetical a lot more then the real in this case.

I hear ya.

Do you want Rossana to be dead, or for Sanya to stop Heinkel in time?

If Sanya stops Heinkel, I think there will be an argument over the reasonable points discussed above. Sanya might be able to come up with a third option that will keep Rossana from doing harm and let her live.

Of course, however it goes, dealing with Tessa's impersonation of "Destroyah" comes first.

doliest
2010-07-15, 10:29 PM

Sorry for not posting earlier; I've been busy. I am finally no longer unemployed.

I agree with Cracklord having a job is great. If you get payed. It is one where you get payed, right Industrious? They didn't sucker you into working for free, right?

industrious
2010-07-15, 10:35 PM
I get paid. If you call the amount of money I'm getting per hour "paid."

doliest
2010-07-15, 10:38 PM
[Insert joke about volunteering here when Doliest can steal one think of one.]
Better than nothin' though. Hopefully.