PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter D20 [PEACH]

imp_fireball
2010-07-07, 03:21 AM
Here it is. (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2703&p=68352#p68352)

If you note the 'future styles' list, you'll see that it's not done yet. What's left (from what I think) is just mechanizing the combat options from the combat style tactical feats, lots of writing and maybe a few stated out characters thrown in later on.

I only did auto defence first, because I've got this love affair with Cammy.

Questions and comments?

Morph Bark
2010-07-07, 03:58 AM
Funny. I deleted a downloaded "Streetfighter d20" thing off by laptop just yesterday because I figured I wouldn't ever be using it.

This is a nice start at least.

imp_fireball
2010-07-19, 10:12 PM
Did you know that, by these rules, almost every character in Street Fighter is a pure fighter (or best optimized as such due to the feat burn)? That's why it's called street fighter. :smallamused:

For Valor
2010-07-20, 01:59 AM
I was going to read it... but that whole super-point pool confuses me.

And all those pictures of that one girl...

imp_fireball
2010-07-20, 06:45 AM
And all those pictures of that one girl...

Smexy? :smallamused:

Anyway... what exactly did you find confusing about the super point pool?

Universal Rule Standard All ultimate attacks require 'super points'. Super points have a point maximum and can only be earned during combat encounters (that is, surprise round and initiative). Super points are gained by some means, and always spent, whether fully or partially, whenever an ultimate attack is made. Ultimate attacks generally list the action needed to initiate them - if not listed, then it is assumed they use a standard action for initiation.

For Valor
2010-07-20, 11:27 AM
well, for one thing, I don't know why you'd want to accumulate one or what it would do. I saw the "get 1dX super points by doing this or that", but the rest was lost on me.

And yes, kinda smexy. A little bit.

imp_fireball
2010-07-20, 10:12 PM
well, for one thing, I don't know why you'd want to accumulate one or what it would do. I saw the "get 1dX super points by doing this or that", but the rest was lost on me.

It allows you to perform ultimate attacks when you get to a certain point. Read through it. It's a lot to absorb.

Essentially, I'm trying to mimic what actually occurs in the street fighter video games and then narrow down into table top form as close as possible.

A character like Cammy is probably a fighter/reaping mauler of some sort, with very high strength and dex scores (probably 40s and 20s respectively) due to being a former shadoloo doll.

Note that in the lore, shadoloo dolls are smexy mind controlled, mostly emotionless women with mad gymnastic fighting skills that did the BBEG's (M.Bison/Vega in the Japanese version) bidding.

They all have very high strength (I read somewhere that Cammy's gauntlets weigh around 800 pounds each), despite very low bodily mass (with Cammy being perhaps the lightest among the characters in the game; even more so then Dhalsim).

For Valor
2010-07-20, 10:25 PM
mhm...

alright, my only suggestion is to make the super point gain a constant number instead of a d12 or a d6 or something.

That'll let characters plan their attacks better. More strategy.

imp_fireball
2010-07-20, 10:26 PM
mhm...

alright, my only suggestion is to make the super point gain a constant number instead of a d12 or a d6 or something.

That'll let characters plan their attacks better. More strategy.

Ah, makes sense.

EDIT: Made it '+1d6 unless listed otherwise in the specific ruleset'.