PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Demolition on a budget

Ryuuk
2010-07-07, 10:38 AM
Lets say you need to bring down or at least damage a big structure in one fell swoop, but your class isn't exactly geared towards that.

Given a 2800gp budget and access to the srd and MIC, how would you go about it?

gallagher
2010-07-07, 10:41 AM
Lets say you need to bring down or at least damage a big structure in one fell swoop, but your class isn't exactly geared towards that.

Given a 2800gp budget and access to the srd and MIC, how would you go about it?
bottles of liquor and fire. or just alchemist fire. if you can superheat the inside, the integrety of the structure is compromised. also, anyone living inside will be smothered/burned/suffocated to death.

EDIT is time on your side? if so, under cover of dark, have the party pry out stones from the structure towards the base and plant some sort of explosion or use the party wizard to make an explosion

tyckspoon
2010-07-07, 10:47 AM
Hire somebody else to do it for you. 2800gp won't get you a lot of items, but it *will* buy you a casting of Earthquake, or summoned Earth Elementals, or a dude who owns a Lyre of Building and an hour of his time to play it for you.

balistafreak
2010-07-07, 10:48 AM
I think creative usages of Stone Shape/Shape Earth can wreck a foundation. Druids have some good stuff for buildings.

Therefore, Wands/Scrolls of these spells.

Barring spell-emulating items? ... all of the consumables are laughably expensive for a pitiful result. I have no real suggestions beyond the standard "Bag of Holding with Alchemist's Fire/Acid".

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-07, 11:00 AM
One fell swoop?

Barrel of refined Dwarven Ale. . . and a REALLY LONG FUSE

Snake-Aes
2010-07-07, 11:09 AM
Overpowering a building in a single strike isn't something to do without magic. Hiring an earthquake is a good shot.

JeminiZero
2010-07-07, 11:10 AM
I wrote the following for a bombing run of sorts, so it might help here:

Read up the rules on falling damage (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Falling). A 1 lb rock does 1d6 damage for every 70 ft it falls, to a max of 20d6 (Ave 70) when dropped from 1400 ft. A type 1 bag of holding alone can contain 250 such 1 lb rocks (Ave 17,500).

So extreme destruction can be wrought simply by packing all your BoHs full of 1 lb rocks, flying to 1400 ft, and just turn them inside out. Even if it fails, hey, you spent nothing more than a fly spell and a bunch of rocks.

In this situation, you probably can only afford a Handy Haversack (2000 gp,120 One lb stones), and then have to find some means of gaining flight with the remaining 800 gp. After demolition, you can still keep the Handy Haversack for future use.

Edit: A potion of fly costs 750 gp, lasts 49 rounds, and lets you ascend 60 ft per round, and descend at 240. That should be enough to cover the disance.

Optimystik
2010-07-07, 11:14 AM
Warlock with Baleful Utterance and a lot of time on his hands.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-07, 11:57 AM
Well, since Warblade, and Maneuvers are Open I'd say Warblade with Stone Dragon.