PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions in relation to a Derro sorcerer. [3.5]

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-07, 11:06 AM
Okay, my questions:

1. Does anyone know if the Derro are in any sourcebooks other than the MM and the Slayer's Guide to Derro?

2. Does anyone know if there are Derro clan names mentioned in any sourcebooks?

3. What name would you give to a Huitzil familiar from Dragon Magic? (Mischievous pot-bellied dragon/bird things)

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 11:36 AM
If you can get your hands on the old 2nd ed boxed set A Night Below (a monster of an adventure), there is some info on Derro in there, given that they are one of the underdark factions you can deal with. I think they even have a clan name and some individual names. I could check at a later point when I have my books in my hands. They don't get any mention in Races of Stone?

3. Lazy, Fatso, Cranky, Chubby, Sir Scarfs-a-lot, and Princess Fru-Fru are all "endearing" names for your familiar. :smallbiggrin: Give him a nickname on top of whatever his more illustrious draconic name is.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-07, 12:54 PM
If you can get your hands on the old 2nd ed boxed set A Night Below (a monster of an adventure), there is some info on Derro in there, given that they are one of the underdark factions you can deal with. I think they even have a clan name and some individual names. I could check at a later point when I have my books in my hands. They don't get any mention in Races of Stone?

3. Lazy, Fatso, Cranky, Chubby, Sir Scarfs-a-lot, and Princess Fru-Fru are all "endearing" names for your familiar. :smallbiggrin: Give him a nickname on top of whatever his more illustrious draconic name is.

As far as I'm aware, RoS doesn't mention them, and I'm loving the names :smalltongue: But any more serious names would be appreciated :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 01:29 PM
K, I'll look when I get home. I know there is a Derro-riding-flying-spiders encounter in the mod, and I think they give you some names because there is diplomacy you can conduct with them.

As far as your familiar's name, check through Draconomicon or such for some really grandiose dragon names. Have your little dragonish thing be convinced that it really is a full dragon, and that you should worship it and pay tribute. Every time it starts to get uppity and have delusions of grandeur, wave some bacon over its nose and talk to it like you would a small, cute puppy. (Who's my good little treasure hoarder? You are! You are! What a ferocious little dragon you are! Coochie coo! Awwwwwww) That would make for some interesting RP at least.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-07, 01:32 PM
K, I'll look when I get home. I know there is a Derro-riding-flying-spiders encounter in the mod, and I think they give you some names because there is diplomacy you can conduct with them.

As far as your familiar's name, check through Draconomicon or such for some really grandiose dragon names. Have your little dragonish thing be convinced that it really is a full dragon, and that you should worship it and pay tribute. Every time it starts to get uppity and have delusions of grandeur, wave some bacon over its nose and talk to it like you would a small, cute puppy. (Who's my good little treasure hoarder? You are! You are! What a ferocious little dragon you are! Coochie coo! Awwwwwww) That would make for some interesting RP at least.

I absolutely love that idea, however I'm not sure if they can speak :smalleek: Obviously it can at later levels, but its intelligence before the familiar template is 2. However, if and when I can talk to it, I'm using this idea :smallbiggrin: Until then, however, I think I'm going to name it Dragon-Thief in Draconic or something :smalltongue: