PDA

View Full Version : Mac-10 hand crossbow

Darth Stabber
2010-07-07, 03:24 PM
So I am looking at brewing up a self loading magic hand cross bow.

Kezdain's Hand Crossbow
+1 shocking burst hand Crossbow with the following special abilities: Stores upto 50 bolts in an extra dimensional space inside. Instantly reloads after firing, allowing iterative attacks without rapid reload. 1/day You may expend any number of remaining bolts, you may make target 1 square per 5 bolts expended so long as all squares are adjacent, each creature in a targeted square must make a reflex save DC 13+your dex mod, or take damage as though they were hit by a bolt.

What would a character need to make one of these (aside from the obvious craft magic arms and armor) spells, money, ???????

Yes I am making a magic pistol.

BLiZme.2
2010-07-07, 09:28 PM
The storage and reload are already available in arms and equipment guide as for the rapid fire I suggest the spells launch bolt and or that cleric spell that lets you throw magic daggers every round I don’t remember its name.

Siosilvar
2010-07-07, 10:38 PM
Quickloading crossbow, MIC page 41. It's a +1 enchantment that holds 100 bolts and effectively duplicates Rapid Reload.

So you have a +1 shocking burst quickloading hand crossbow with a relatively unique ability... I'd price it at roughly 40,000gp. 32k for being +4-equivalent and 8k for the auto-fire ability.

DracoDei
2010-07-07, 10:59 PM
Why did nobody mention those enchantments existed when I was creating my Gnomish Society?

Darth Stabber
2010-07-08, 07:04 AM
little pricey but not so bad. Thanks guys.

How much would it cost to make the magazine replaceable, and to make more magazines. Now I want to make a secret agent arcane trickster (gnome in a tuxedo).

DracoDei
2010-07-08, 10:26 AM

How much would it cost to make the magazine replaceable, and to make more magazines. Now I want to make a secret agent arcane trickster (gnome in a tuxedo).

Ah, for THAT you might want to look at the equipment I made to go along with my Society Members (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6018203&postcount=5). One of the magazines you can replace, and the other you would only NEED to remove to put more bolts in it, or if it fails its SR against a Dimensional Anchor effect. It has a high capacity, and you can pick WHICH bolts you are firing with a thought.

Siosilvar
2010-07-08, 10:57 AM

How much would it cost to make the magazine replaceable, and to make more magazines. Now I want to make a secret agent arcane trickster (gnome in a tuxedo).Replaceable? Maybe 2k, it's not really that much of an effect. More magazines I'd let you have at 1000 apiece - the +1 price.

But if you have 100 bolts, why would you need to replace magazines? I can't see anyone going through that many bolts except in an extended siege... at which point, the move action to add another bolt becomes not that much of a problem.

Ah, for THAT you might want to look at the equipment I made to go along with my Society Members (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6018203&postcount=5). One of the magazines you can replace, and the other you would only NEED to remove to put more bolts in it, or if it fails its SR against a Dimensional Anchor effect. It has a high capacity, and you can pick WHICH bolts you are firing with a thought.Quickloading lets you pick, too.

Cidolfas
2010-07-08, 04:13 PM
If you want to cut the price by a little bit or swap an enhancement, you could ditch shocking burst for regular shocking and then get something else like frost to stack with it. Or you could get a straight up +1 to help your accuracy.

DracoDei
2010-07-08, 05:56 PM
I assume all of this is compatible with dual wielding?

BLiZme.2
2010-07-09, 01:43 AM
Drako short answer yes
Long answer definitely