PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Base Class: Sufferer

Hamswordsman
2010-07-07, 06:33 PM
This class is basically a barbarian but he is way more suicidal and has the ability to slowly drain away a foe's ability to fight.

A warrior who excels at dealing powerful attacks at the cost of his own abilities. With every strike he drains himself, taking away his own ability to fight as well as his opponent.

Alignment: Has to be chaotic
Skill Points: 4+Int Modifier, x4 on first level
Weapon proficiency: Simple or Martial
Armor Proficiency: Light or Medium, shields except tower shield

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Self-Destruction: HP
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Transfer: Poison
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Provoke
4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Feedback
5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Self-Destruction: Ability Scores
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+5|Return
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+5|Self-Destruction: Saves
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+6|Improved Feedback
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+6|Self Destruction: AC
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+7|Transfer: Disease
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+7|Double Chaos
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+8|Transfer: Ability Subtractions
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+8|Rejuvenation
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+9|
15th|+15/+10/+6/+1|+9|+5|+9|Improved return
16th|+16/+11/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|Improved Rejuvenation
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11|Triple Chaos
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+12| [/table]
Skills:Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis)Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Self-Destruction: HP: Before attacking, A Sufferer may subtract up to 5x his Sufferer's level from his hp and add it to damage. This is done before the attack roll so you do not know if you wasted your HP

Transfer Poison: Whenever the Sufferer attacks and is poisoned, a creature hit by the maniac makes the appropriate save + 1/2 the the Sufferer's level

Provoke: This is a challenge to a foe within 100 feet. Affected creature must make Will saves (DC 10 + 1/2 Sufferer's level + the Sufferer's Con modifier). Creatures that fail this save are forced to attack the Sufferer with their ranged or melee attacks (or spells or special attacks) in preference over other available targets. Using this power is a swift action.

Feedback: 1/2 of any damage a Sufferer takes goes back to last hit foe

Self-Destruction: Ability: Before attacking, A Sufferer may subtract up to 2x his Sufferer's level from any of his abilities and it does that much ability damage to a foe it hits. This is done before the attack roll so you do not know if you wasted your Ability points.

Return: If you use a self destruction ability and miss, you may get half of whatever hp, ability, saves, or AC that you used.

Self Destruction: Saves: Before attacking, A Sufferer may subtract up to 2x his Sufferer's level from any of his saves and it does that much save damage to a foe it hits. This is done before the attack roll so you do not know if you wasted your save.

Improved feedback: all of the damage you take goes back to last hit target

Self-Destruction: AC: Before attacking, A Sufferer may subtract up to 2x his Sufferer's level from any of his AC and it does that much save damage to a foe it hits. This is done before the attack roll so you do not know if you wasted your AC.

Transfer Disease: Whenever the Sufferer attacks and is diseased, a creature hit by the maniac makes the appropriate save + 1/2 the the Sufferer's level

Double Chaos: You may use two of your self destruction abilities in one attack

Transfer: Ability Subtractions: Whenever the Sufferer attacks, a creature hit by the sufferer makes a fortitude save against DC 10+1/2 Sufferer's level+ Con. If this succeeds then the hit target gains the temporary modifiers of the Sufferer for 1+ 1/2 of Sufferer's levels

Rejuvenation: A sufferer restores all Modifiers to their original level for X turns where X is sufferer's level. Afterward he turns fatigued. Cannot be used when exhausted or fatigued. Can only be used once per day. One this ability times out, he goes back to his original modifiers.

Improved Return: If you use a self destruction ability and miss, you may get all of whatever hp, ability, saves, or AC that you used.

Improved Rejuvenation: A Sufferer restores all modifiers to their original level, if fatigued, goes back to normal. After 1/2 of X turns where X is suicidal Maniac's level, He goes to 1 hp and becomes exhausted. Can only be used once per day. After this expires, he goes back to his original modifiers.

Triple Chaos: You may use three of your self-Destruction abilities in one attack

Some things I need to work on and need a few suggestions:
1. He turns useless way too quickly. His draining abilities, particularly his ability scores, quickly make him a guy who can only attack once and then become pretty much worthless. I was just wondering if there was a fair and balanced way to heal this faster.
2. The order of abilities. They seem out of place. I think some of the higher level skills can come down and some of the lower skills should go up but just cant quite pin point them.
3. Wondering if anyone has better idea for skills? I am not very good at balancing skills cause no one in our party uses them or we don't use the important ones. We have never done a survival check yet cause apparently we do not eat food or track anyone.
4. All his abilities work off of hitting his attack. Any way to make some of them work without attacking cause I would not be able to fight certain things.
5. Nothing for mobs
6. Later levels need work
7. I probably missed and forgot to include something so if you find something I forgot then please tell me.
8. Any other cool ideas or ways to expand?

Zeta Kai
2010-07-07, 06:39 PM
This class is basically a barbarian but he is way more suicidal.

This is not a ringing endorsement.

Also, class features?