PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a Homebrew (3.5/PF)

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-07, 07:34 PM
I apologize in advance if this didn't deserve its own thread but I do remember seeing in the rules for the "Request a Homebrew" thread that larger scale things should get their own threads and I believe what I'm requesting warrants that.

On to the actual topic; the other night I was skimming around TV tropes when I happened upon one of those non-serious pages where screwball theories and nonsense are discussed for certain series. This one in particular was for Friday the 13th and it had a concept that interested me greatly.

The article put forth a theory that Jason Voorhees was in fact a kind of restless spirt that created a physical body to interact with the world because he couldn't come to terms with his actual death.

So what I'm asking for here is a sort of "Physical ghost" template in which the ghost doesn't have an acting ethereal body but creates a controlled (or inhabited) physical shell.

Kuma Kode
2010-07-07, 08:38 PM
The rules for possession in the Book of Vile Darkness combined with a flesh golem for the body should do well for most appearances.

I'll see about whipping up an actual template, though, probably using the lich's phylactery as a baseline.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-07, 08:43 PM
The rules for possession in the Book of Vile Darkness combined with a flesh golem for the body should do well for most appearances.

I'll see about whipping up an actual template, though, probably using the lich's phylactery as a baseline.

But a regular Ghost can just possess things and doesn't fit the idea.

Edit: A lich is a good point, but what about that Spirit of Nature from Monster Manual II? Something like how it manifests?

Edit: Gah. I can't even bump this back up to the first page for some other possible takers. :smallfrown: