PDA

View Full Version : Necromancy spells = Negative Energy?

KingoftheTrees
2010-07-07, 08:09 PM
I'm playing a cleric of Pelor, and one article I read says that the church of Pelor frowns highly on the use of any spell that channels negative energy, such as Inflict Wounds. Inflict Wounds is a Necromancy spell, so are ALL Necromancy spells that damage creatures spells that channel negative energy? What about Bestow Curse? I'm guessing that Destruction would be a big no-no since it's a Necromancy [Death] spell, right?

FelixG
2010-07-07, 08:11 PM
I dont think it channels negative energy unless it specifically has something to do with that energy type, otherwise they are just effects of necromancy, not negative energy

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 08:21 PM
Pelor, the Burning Hate (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19558798/Pelor_the_Burning_Hate), commands you to destroy all life on earth with hateful heat, thirst, and cancer.

KingoftheTrees
2010-07-07, 08:52 PM
I now worship Pelor even more fervently. Death and/or skin cancer to the non-believers!

PersonMan
2010-07-07, 09:04 PM
I now worship Pelor even more fervently. Death and/or skin cancer to the non-believersall!

Fixed that for you.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-08, 12:07 AM
I'm playing a cleric of Pelor, and one article I read says that the church of Pelor frowns highly on the use of any spell that channels negative energy, such as Inflict Wounds. Inflict Wounds is a Necromancy spell, so are ALL Necromancy spells that damage creatures spells that channel negative energy? What about Bestow Curse? I'm guessing that Destruction would be a big no-no since it's a Necromancy [Death] spell, right?

The inflict spells deal negative energy damage because they say so and because they're the opposite of positive-energy cure spells, not because they're Necromancy spells. Unless a spell specifically mentions negative energy, it doesn't use it.