PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Gish Opinions

Desril
2010-07-07, 08:30 PM
Ok, I'm about to start in what has recently become a Gestalt campaign, and while I'm going to try to make RP based class decisions, I couldn't help getting a simple class build for how I'd have the character turn out if no RP took place.

Duskblade 20//Wizard 7/Metaphysical Spellshaper 3/Incantrix 10

Is there anything especially wrong with this? It's primarily a caster designed to not suck in melee. My DM has ruled that the Duskblade's Armored Mage carries over to the Wizard spells.

*Edit* I forgot, Domain Wizard is being used, for plot purposes I've got Fire Domain though.

Darth Stabber
2010-07-07, 08:50 PM
Well aside from a really cheesy re-ruling on duskblade, you seem to have a pretty good build. That decision makes 1lvl dips in duskblade fantastic for normal play. As a note Duskblade//ArchivistX/DivinePrc#1X/DivinePrc#x would get you something similar and not require a cheesetastic house rule.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-07, 08:51 PM
You forgot Mindbender, and Domain Wizard. Other then that I agree, that's a good build.

arguskos
2010-07-07, 08:52 PM
Well aside from a really cheesy re-ruling on duskblade, you seem to have a pretty good build. That decision makes 1lvl dips in duskblade fantastic for normal play. As a note Duskblade//ArchivistX/DivinePrc#1X/DivinePrc#x would get you something similar and not require a cheesetastic house rule.
Your power (and I can't believe I'm saying this) would actually suffer. Spellshaper and Incantrix combine to form the VOLTRON! of metamagic.

Desril
2010-07-07, 08:53 PM
Wizard's my favorite class though, I looked into Archivist and it just didn't appeal to me. As for the re-ruling, I was fine without it, but I'm not going to turn down free armor :amused:

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 09:13 PM
Needs more Beholder Mage, Illithid Savant, and a splash of Tainted Scholar...
*sarcasm*

IonDragon
2010-07-07, 09:17 PM
Incantatrix = crazy broke power.

I just hope the rest of your group is up to that power level.

Keld Denar
2010-07-07, 09:27 PM
Dude, have you read Metaphysical Shaper? Its Incantatrix in 3 levels...

Desril
2010-07-07, 09:31 PM
Needs more Beholder Mage, Illithid Savant, and a splash of Tainted Scholar...
*sarcasm*

But...I'm Chaotic Good...

arguskos
2010-07-07, 09:33 PM
Actually, isn't it Incantrix++ in 3 levels?

IonDragon
2010-07-07, 09:35 PM

No. No, I have not.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-07, 09:35 PM
What book is it from? I must use it.

arguskos
2010-07-07, 09:39 PM
What book is it from? I must use it.
The Book of Erotic Fantasy. It's 3rd party.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-07, 09:40 PM
Really? That's... Unexpected.

arguskos
2010-07-07, 09:42 PM
Really? That's... Unexpected.
Metaphysical Spellshaper. Read the first word a few more times. When you see it, you'll excrete bricks. :smalltongue:

Desril
2010-07-07, 09:48 PM
I just had an idea, what do you all think about a 3 level dip in Swashbuckler on the Duskblade side? Is the Int-to-Damage worth the loss of a single Quick Cast and Spell Power?

Also, about the Spellshaper being in the BoEF...Does anyone know why it's in that book? It's completely unrelated to the rest of it...

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-07, 10:37 PM
hmmm full bab, weapon finnesse and int to damage..... get an elven courtblade to finnesse, and power attack with it, if you decide for the dip, which I consider is not a bad idea.

2xMachina
2010-07-07, 11:18 PM
I just had an idea, what do you all think about a 3 level dip in Swashbuckler on the Duskblade side? Is the Int-to-Damage worth the loss of a single Quick Cast and Spell Power?

Also, about the Spellshaper being in the BoEF...Does anyone know why it's in that book? It's completely unrelated to the rest of it...

Probably: Eh, we should have a broken PrC for wizards too. Maybe that'll make them buy our book.

Also it's not as good as Incant 10. Incant 10 gets you -1 to ALL metamagic applied. Metaphysical only gives a -1 total.

Darth Stabber
2010-07-07, 11:19 PM
I thought everyone was just calling it THAT book. @ any rate, I don't know anything about the class, so I am guessing it involves a lot of horizontal macarena, so have fun with that? Because once you go third party I can't help. That being said given my recent SWSE group I may need to get a copy and convert it. I now hate Twiileks.