PDA

View Full Version : DnD CSI characeter...and puns

Niro
2010-07-08, 01:03 AM
Most of us have seen the show CSI:Miami and like the character Horatio... The internet discovered that and created CSI comics. (for more see )

So last night I was inspired and wanted to create a character that basically was a good guy but did stuff so he could blow off some lame pun and maybe mix in the guards from Oblivion

Like after having fired a ray of frost:
:smalleek: : You killed him with ice....
:smallcool: : Well I guess he took it litteraly when I said "Freeze"
>Yeeaahh<

That is what I want. For class I was thinking some kind of Paladin/sorceror gestalt build (would that even work synergy wise?)
Oh and a list of spells/bad puns made with them :D

Morph Bark
2010-07-08, 05:41 AM
I've had a Barbarian/Warblade character of mine do this two sessions, though not really a lot... maybe five times total, and one failed miserably. There was also a thread earlier with a lot of elemental puns to which someone could provide a link, so Imma stay away from those kinds of puns. Like so:

After killing someone affected by hideous laughter: "I guess he thought... :smallcool: dying is funny."
YEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

JeminiZero
2010-07-08, 06:38 AM
Some build advice: being able to deal various kinds of elemental damage will help keep the jokes fresh. In this regard, Wizard might be a better idea than sorcerer. Alternatively, dip 2 levels of chameleon for a floating feat that you can pick different kinds of Energy Substitution for different days, although that will seriously dent your spell power if used outside gestalt.

Also, polymorph (as broken as it is) might be useful for shifting into various forms and making puns based off that. Same thing for summoning creatures to attack.

Party Member: The enemy forces are retreating!
You: I guess they couldn't... :smallcool: ...bear it anymore
YYEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Aotrs Commander
2010-07-08, 06:50 AM
When something is killed by a plant monster's* melee attacks, comment:

"I guess this tree...

:smallcool:

...hugged back."

YEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!

*Achievable by polymorph/summon/wildshape, other characters or just random enounters...

PId6
2010-07-08, 06:56 AM
Awesome Linky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156337)

Spiked chain tripper has a lot of potential too:

*Enemy charges at you*
"You trip him with an AoO*
You: "I guess our friend here... :smallcool: just got floored."
YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

*Enemy tries to attack you*
*You trip enemy in the air*
*Enemy falls all the way to the ground*
"You should learn that naughty kids... :smallcool: always get grounded."
YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!