PDA

View Full Version : Greyhawk Lives! (4E)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-08, 11:47 AM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3242/wotcgreyhawk.jpg
RETURNS!
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Greyhawk has always been my favorite D&D setting. It started as a simple, modest dungeon crawl Gygax (may he live forever in our hearts) made on a rainy day and evolved into a sprawling D&D world.
Now it has been replaced by FR as the generic D&D setting and will be (as far as WotC is concerned) forgotten and left to die.
I wanted the playground to band together and rebuild it in the name of Gygax and Arneson!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Castle Greyhawk (levels 5-?)
Entrance
The entrance to Castle Greyhawk is a ruined keep is is also the home-base of Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Gnolls that are constantly at war with each-other.
To enter the dungeon the PCs must get past the rival bands of monstrous humanoids caught in a pointless eternal battle.
MAP AND ENCOUNTERS COMING SOON.
Level 1
Level 1 is a sprawling labyrinth of corridors filled with traps, Hobgoblins, gaurdian monsters, and a young Red Dragon. It has 3 separate stare-cases leading down to level 2, each with a differant monster guarding it.
Level 2
Level 2 is a smaller maze of ivy-covered covered stone hallways imbuned with fey magic and guarded by Spriggans and dark fey. It's 2 main features are a pool of magical blood that spawns Spriggans and a well that snakes constantly slither out of.
Level 3
Level 3 is a network of prisons and torture chambers populated by Gnolls, Minotaurs, and flesh-eating undead. It contains several traps that employ sharp objects and fire. At the end of the network is a giant golem created from the bodies of Gnolls and Minotaurs (stats coming soon) guarding the entrence to the next level.
Level 4
Level 4 is a crypt containing fiendish traps and all kinds of undead. Throughout the catacombs are several Brain in a Jar undead, all of which must be destroyed before the entrances to the next level open.
Level 5
Level 5 is a pitch black network of caves and caverns centered around a burning pit of pure evil guarded by demons, gargoyles, and constructs.
Level 6
Level 6 is a giant inescapable maze riddled with dead ends and way to many passageways. Stalking it's corridors are Fiendish Dire Boars and clans of Wereboars. It has several traps that unleash swarms of flesh-eating vermin and vermin pits. Wandering the circular maze are a handful of blue and black Dragons that will eat any living creature they encounter.
MAP AND ENCOUNTERS COMING SOON
(See also level 5.5)
Level 6.5
On level 5 there is a secret entrance to a garden of giant fungus populated and fiercely guarded by Myconids. At the center there is a fungus-covered darkwood chest containing platinum pieces and a map of level 6.
Level 7
Level 7 is the ruins of a once great city now populated by tribes warped ogres and their trained monsters.
More Levels Coming Soon

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-08, 03:04 PM
I posted some of my work on the dungeon crawl that started it all and fixed some mistakes and typos.
Does anyone have anything to contribute?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-15, 12:12 AM
No one is interested? :smallfrown: :smallconfused:

hamishspence
2010-07-15, 03:44 AM
There's no crunch yet. Maybe some hazards, new monster statblocks, etc are needed before people start commenting?

I'd like to see Channel Divinity feats for the main list of Greyhawk deities, possibly a few famous Greyhawk-only monsters, maybe statblocks for NPCs like Mordenkainen (Level 30 Solo?) or Rary the Traitor, or various others.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-15, 01:02 PM
I may use these maps (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20070812a), they look really nice and they are official WotC.