PDA

View Full Version : Black, White, I'm The Guy With The Pokeball: Pokeymans Thread 5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 02:27 PM
Aww shuckles, it a-paras that wee'dle made it (mew)two the fifth iteration of the Pokemon thread. Current discussion: What's a fun Pokemon to Action Hax the game into starting with?

Tabled Discussions:
Pokemon League in the Playground

Hey, these here? These are friend codes. For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can - don't PM me, though, since my box is almost full.
FRIEND CODES:

Legoshrimp: SoulSilver 1849 3954 2553; Diamond 2923 1445 3340.
Kobold Bard: HeartGold 4168 8792 1683.
Freako: SoulSilver 2966 0800 3851; Platinum 1333 4517 6347.
Jimp: SoulSilver 2407 7659 7056
tgva8889: Platinum 3438 0598 0009; SoulSilver 3052 0635 4414
Mattarias, King.: HeartGold 3524 4231 3529.
Linkavitch: HeartGold: 5027 8564 5267
SparkMandriller: Cart. Unknown 2277 4598 3685
B-Man: SoulSilver: 5371 4488 1062
goldfly: HeartGold: 0174 5615 7997
Deth Muncher: Platinum: 1162 2087 3138
Terry576: Diamond: 0174 5674 2515

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. I don't know what an IRC is, but it apparently is some sort of chatty thing? Use it when you want to trade with folks. It is below this sentence.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses Action Replays, so you should totally hound them with illicit requests to summon foul Pokeymans from the Netherworld for you:
Kobold-Bard
ryzouken
Hunter Noventa
The Last Thread: Slowpoke announces latest Pokemon game: Yellow! (Pokemon Thread 4) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152203)

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/)
Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/)
Metalkid's Damage Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculatorrs/Damage.aspx)
Metalkid's IV Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx)
Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Breeding For Dummies:

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

The main thing to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth (http://pokemon.marriland.com/statcalc_dp.php).

If you're breeding for IVs, again, refer to the above spreadsheet. If the stat is at it's maximum capability, (Which is usually between 6-8), then it has a 31 IV stat, which is useful. Unfortunately, if said stat is accompanied with a hindering nature, you'll probably have to use Base Stat Up items to fix that problem.

The main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start.

Another Note On Breeding:

You can RNG Abuse when breeding, via tapping the Day Care Checker App right as the game starts to load another area, as in right between Solaceon and Route 209, tap, and an egg will appear.

Things the Pokemon developers didn't tell you about but really should have!; Or, How to be better than everyone!

I figured I'd just go ahead and type this out so confused people can just read it instead of having to ask in the thread. I'm helpful like that. Oh yes.

Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
Every Pokemon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defences, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
A Pokemon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokemon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
Every time you win a fight, your Pokemon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokemon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokemon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.
You'll see a lot of Pokemon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokemon will obviously focus on different things, Pokemon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.
It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokemon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokemon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokemon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokemon that you know give you the EVs you want.
EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokerus. Any Pokemon with Pokerus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokerus to any Pokemon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokerus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.
The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokemon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokemon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokemon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokemon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have pokerus.
The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokemon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by pokerus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
After that, I gave him pokerus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokerus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from pokerus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokerus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokerus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.

tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other pokemon. They vary by the pokemon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a pokemon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a pokemon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the pokemon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Thanks go to whoever I stole this from, for the useful summary - It was probably Spark Mandriller, but I don't remember. Claim credit, yo!

Terry576
2010-07-08, 02:37 PM
Alright, I'm catching Regice, then I can go after Regigigas. Legendhunting is fun. Except for Azelf and those. I didn't bother, cause I needed to Migrate.

I just caught Regice in a Pokeball, on my 3rd throw.

How the hell did I do that?:smalleek:
First.

Malek
2010-07-08, 02:39 PM
New tread, huh? How about we update that starter/FC list in the first post? Or at least table-ify it? For the record, reposting tables I made for that purpose two threads a go (probably a bit out-of-date by now, but still usable if you feel like it >.>)

{table=head]Name|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum|Heart Gold|Soul Silver|Game Unknown
Legoshrimp|2923 1445 3340|n/a|n/a|n/a|1849 3954 2553|n/a
Freako|n/a|n/a|1333 4517 6347|n/a|2966 0800 3851|n/a
Jimp|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|2407 7659 7056|n/a
tgva8889|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a
Mattarias, King.|n/a|n/a|n/a|3524 4231 3529|n/a|n/a
Malek|n/a|n/a|4726 6507 9374|n/a|5414 2169 7833|n/a
Terry576|0174 5674 2515|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a
Kobold-Bard|n/a|n/a|n/a|4168 8792 1683|n/a|n/a
SparkMandriller|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|2277 4598 3685
Nate the Snake|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|1205 2435 1398
Hunter Noventa|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|1548 7995 3858|n/a
Eternal Drifter|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|2107 1743 0386
SKarious|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|1162 2998 5152|n/a
B-Man|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|5371 4488 1062
goldfly2005|2751 5420 1264|n/a|n/a|0174 5615 7997|n/a|n/a
CoffeeIncluded|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|2064 1353 9996
Setra|n/a|1935 5048 6673|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a
Linkavitch|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|5027 8564 5267[/table]

{table=head]Name|Bulbasaur|Charmander|Squirtle|Chikorita|Cynda quil|Totodile|Treecko|Torchic|Mudkip|Turtwig|Chimc har|Piplup
Legoshrimp|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Freako|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Jimp|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
tgva8889|?|?|?|No?|Yes|No?|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes
Mattarias, King.|?|?|?|?|Yes|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Malek|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes| Yes
Terry576|Yes|Yes|Yes|?|Yes|No?|No?|No?|No?|No?|Yes |Yes
Kobold-Bard|Yes|Yes|?|Yes|Yes|Yes|?|Yes|?|?|?|?
SparkMandriller|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Ye s|Yes|Yes|Yes
Nate the Snake|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Hunter Noventa|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Ye s|Yes
Eternal Drifter|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
SKarious|Yes|Yes|Yes|No|No|Yes|No|Yes|No|No|No|No
B-Man|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
goldfly2005|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Ye s|Yes|Yes
CoffeeIncluded|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Setra|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Linkavitch|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?[/table]

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 02:40 PM
Luck, happens all the time. You got the leftover luck from the guy who had a weakened Bidoof excape 2 ultra balls :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-07-08, 02:41 PM
I don't have my friend code yet, but I do have these Starters:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Chimchar, Piplup, and Cyndaquil.

Add me to the list. :smallredface:

Luck, happens all the time. You got the leftover luck from the guy who had a weakened Bidoof excape 2 ultra balls :smalltongue:

Bah. I've had weakened Rattata's escape my wrath before. :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 02:41 PM
New tread, huh? How about we update that starter/FC list in the first post? Or at least table-ify it? For the record, reposting tables I made for that purpose two threads a go (probably a bit out-of-date by now, but still usable if you feel like it >.>)

{table=head]Name|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum|Heart Gold|Soul Silver
Legoshrimp|2923 1445 3340|n/a|n/a|n/a|1849 3954 2553
Freako|n/a|n/a|1333 4517 6347|n/a|2966 0800 3851
Jimp|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|2407 7659 7056
tgva8889|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a|n/a
Mattarias, King.|n/a|n/a|n/a|3524 4231 3529|n/a
Malek|n/a|n/a|4726 6507 9374|n/a|5414 2169 7833[/table]

{table=head]Name|Bulbasaur|Charmander|Squirtle|Chikorita|Cynda quil|Totodile|Treecko|Torchic|Mudkip|Turtwig|Chimc har|Piplup
Legoshrimp|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Freako|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Jimp|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
tgva8889|?|?|?|No?|Yes|No?|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes
Mattarias, King.|?|?|?|?|Yes|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Malek|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes|Yes| Yes[/table]

Tables make my head bleed. But I'll try and clean up the FC zone, for now at least.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 02:48 PM
Wait. Leafeon doesn't get a good attack until level 71? Like seriously level 71?

Why would the devs do this?

I don't have my friend code yet

Got a Feebas just sittin' here, y'know. Not doing anything. Just sitting here. Looking for a good home.

Terry576
2010-07-08, 02:51 PM
Wait. Leafeon doesn't get a good attack until level 71? Like seriously level 71?

That's why I stopped training my Leafeon. Too much of a hassle. I might start training a Glacion though. I need an Ice-Type. But remember this Sparky, Leaf Blade can be passed via Ditto.

Meaning I could chain breed my Shadow Ball/Leaf Blade/God Of Death Eevee.

Oh yeah? And what about my poor Sableye? She's all alone in the world, got no place to go.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 02:53 PM
I want a shiny Poliwhirl. So bad. Like, Poliwhirl has been one of my favorite Pokeymans, ever. Ever.

EVER.

And I really want a shiny one. And I know it's never going to happen. u_u

EDIT: I deleted the starters from the list because, frankly, they take up a lot of room, they make it look kinda ugly, and people are still going to ask in the thread "Yo, you got any Mudkipz?"

Terry576
2010-07-08, 02:54 PM
I want a shiny Poliwhirl. So bad. Like, Poliwhirl has been one of my favorite Pokeymans, ever. Ever.

EVER.

And I really want a shiny one. And I know it's never going to happen. u_u

Might I direct you here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=378236)? You can get a shiny Poliwag and evolve it.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 02:55 PM
But remember this Sparky, Leaf Blade can be passed via Ditto.

Eevee can't learn Leaf Blade. Breeding won't work. The only way is to get to level 71. :/

Oh yeah? And what about my poor Sableye? She's all alone in the world, got no place to go.

I'm right here!

Terry576
2010-07-08, 02:56 PM
Eevee can't learn Leaf Blade. Breeding won't work. The only way is to get to level 71. :/

I'm right here!

Well I'm in China right now! Unless I create an access point downstairs, It won't happen!

tgva8889
2010-07-08, 03:00 PM
Technically I also have Chikorita, as well as a soon-to-come Blastoise, and probably a Venusaur after that. I may consider restarting FireRed again, in which case I will transfer away my Blastoise.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 03:02 PM
Well, on the plus side, I guess that means I won't have to interrupt my grinding to go trade.

I mean, level 71? I shouldn't have to get any pokemon to any level above 50 for anything, let alone to get a move which isn't awful. :/

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:03 PM
Technically I also have Chikorita, as well as a soon-to-come Blastoise, and probably a Venusaur after that. I may consider restarting FireRed again, in which case I will transfer away my Blastoise.

I'm planning the same thing for Emerald. First I'll transfer my Blaziken, Pikachu, Skarmory, Rayaquaza and such.

@Spark: Oh, you have NOT grinded for a Dragonite then. One Word, dude:

Outrage.

Charizard?

Flare Blitz.

Malek
2010-07-08, 03:04 PM
@Spark: Aaaaw, what a shame. You won't be able to ease your grind with ability to view your "beloved" trade animation once again :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:05 PM
@Spark: Aaaaw, what a shame. You won't be able to ease your grind with ability to view your "beloved" trade animation once again :smalltongue:

It's not even that hard. You can just grind the E4 with Exp. Share. :smallbiggrin:

How do I get an Eevee in D/P again? I don't have my own personal one. :X

My Game:

Terry576
Diamond
Silver
No Friend Code Yet.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 03:05 PM
Kobold-Bard:
Game - Heart Gold
Character - Auron (Au is the symbol for Gold, geddit :smallwink:)
Friend Code - 4168 8792 1683

Add me to the first post if you like (I restarted so my old one is dead).

How do I get an Eevee in D/P again? I don't have my own personal one. :X

Mando Knight has a tonne of them.

ryzouken
2010-07-08, 03:06 PM
While it's true that Leafeon only gets Leaf Blade very late in its lifeline, I've had great success with mine despite this.

I'm not sure if it's the auto heal potential from Synthesis, or the type matchups I saw in late game, or if it's just that strong or what. Maybe I accidently fell into a good EV spread for it. Or maybe Miyamoto Musashi reincarnated into a Leafeon and I happened to catch him, however it ended up, my Razor Leaf ends pokemon.

tgva8889
2010-07-08, 03:08 PM
I will say that such late learning will make my upcoming Eevee-lution run ridiculously annoying.

That said, I have a level 70-something Leafeon. He gained over 40 of those levels in the Day Care, providing his DNA to over 50 offspring.

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:09 PM
I will say that such late learning will make my upcoming Eevee-lution run ridiculously annoying.

That said, I have a level 70-something Leafeon. He gained over 40 of those levels in the Day Care, providing his DNA to over 50 offspring.

How does he afford Child support?:smalleek::smalltongue::smallwink:

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 03:11 PM
@Spark: Oh, you have NOT grinded for a Dragonite then. One Word, dude:

Outrage.

Charizard?

Flare Blitz.

I said shouldn't. I know all this awful stuff is in the game, but it shouldn't be. Just like IVs/HMs/TMs that you only get one of/the game keeping everything secret/probably a lot more things I'm forgetting about.

At least Dragonite and Charizard get attacks that are actually worth using before then, anyway.

A BIDOOF. WITH A STONE PLATE. SO WORTH MY TIME.

While it's true that Leafeon only gets Leaf Blade very late in its lifeline, I've had great success with mine despite this.

Leafeon actually has pretty huge attack. Like 120 or something.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-08, 03:15 PM
Mando Knight has a tonne of them.

Really? I thought he just had a ton.

:D

Malek
2010-07-08, 03:18 PM
A BIDOOF. WITH A STONE PLATE. SO WORTH MY TIME.
*Malek chuckles*

What if I'd say I have acquired Deoxys which I'll want to transfer to SS with four or five other (non-bidoof) mon? (Not yet though, trying to get something else before that happens)

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 03:19 PM

You meddle with powers you do not understand! Do not unleash the pedant within me lest he devour you Soul!! :smallbiggrin:

My system may be flawed. Having lots of low level pokemon is becoming much harder to deal with. Damn Tangela just after the Damn Kadabra is even worse :smallannoyed:

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:23 PM
I never understood how the hell WALLACE got to be the Champion. He has a bunch of water pokemon. Drake's team slaughters his 'mons half the time. :smallconfused:

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah, did anyone want like a million Clamperl/Trapinch/Kabuto? I've been doing a bit of organising, and now I'm in release mode. But, y'know, if anyone wants one, that works too.

Raistlin1040
2010-07-08, 03:27 PM
Might I direct you here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=378236)? You can get a shiny Poliwag and evolve it.
Does this actually work?

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:28 PM
Does this actually work?

Yeah, but you have to hatch a crapload of eggs. But it DOES decrease the Shiny Egg from 1/8000 to 1/200.

Example: In the video, the guy had 3 full boxes of Munchlax before his shiny one.

Steps:

Get 42 Eggs to appear, usually via Ditto. Decline them all. Then start taking eggs, running back and forth between Solacen and Route 209, hatching the eggs. Rest, rinse, and repeat until shiny.

Raistlin1040
2010-07-08, 03:32 PM
Well I have a box of Riolus and then a box mixed of Duskulls, Piplups, and Larvitars, and then a box of Torchics, so I'm no stranger to love to hatching large quantities for the right natures and good IVs, but this seems fairly sketchy to me. I'm thinking about starting Pearl and 'porting in some of my good Pokemon from SS, to supergrind through the game to get to the breeder and try this, but it doesn't seem like it would work.

Terry576
2010-07-08, 03:37 PM
Well I have a box of Riolus and then a box mixed of Duskulls, Piplups, and Larvitars, and then a box of Torchics, so I'm no stranger to love to hatching large quantities for the right natures and good IVs, but this seems fairly sketchy to me. I'm thinking about starting Pearl and 'porting in some of my good Pokemon from SS, to supergrind through the game to get to the breeder and try this, but it doesn't seem like it would work.

The difference here is that because they revamped the graphics engine for DPP, they accidently left a bunch of bugs. Besides, it operates the same as the Pokeradar. A chain of 40 Pokes is a 1/200 chance of Shiny.

Now I must go, I am tired, and sleep is good.

Raistlin1040
2010-07-08, 03:52 PM
Hm. Well when the car with my DS gets home in like, an hour, I may speedrun through Pearl to realize my dreams of shiny Starmie and Kabutops.

Terazul
2010-07-08, 04:01 PM

Because they live off your tears!

No seriously, it's stuff like that, that drove me to the "dark side" of pokemon. Just sitting over here with a pokesav file for when I want to add shenanigans to my main cart without taking a week of training/breeding. Oh would you look at this Leafeon egg I found. Would you look it that, it knows Leaf Blade and Aerial Ace! "But Terazul!", you say. "Neither of those are Egg Moves! And One's a TM! And Leafons don't come from eggs!" Welp. Mine did. Perfectly legal and legitimate moveset. Just... didn't take 71 levels and a TM. :awesome:

Shades of Gray
2010-07-08, 04:11 PM
Can't recommend Shuckle for this; Gyarados and Aerodactyl both have super-effective moves against it and are likely to take it out before it can set up all its residual damage, let alone give it three turns to use Rest. Swinub (preferably as a Mamoswine, if you don't mind using a Heart Scale to make it learn Ancient Power) would be a pretty good option; Ice Shard off a really nice base Attack is great for cleaning up Dragons.

I cannot evolve it to a mamoswine, as I do not have the national dex.

I think.

Can you get a Mamoswine before the elite four?

Regardless, I am out of heart scales.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 04:35 PM
Anyone with wifi up and willing to quick-trade my Kadabra into an Alakazam?

Alakazam can learn new moves after evolving right?

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah, did anyone want like a million Clamperl/Trapinch/Kabuto? I've been doing a bit of organising, and now I'm in release mode. But, y'know, if anyone wants one, that works too.

I'd love a Kabuto. Female, if you have one, but I won't be picky.

Can you get a Mamoswine before the elite four?

Regardless, I am out of heart scales.

Yes, you can. The new Johto Dex includes the evolutions of Gen II Pokemon. (The developers learned from FR/LG.)

Also, you can buy Heart Scales at the Pokeathlon.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 04:56 PM
I'd love a Kabuto. Female, if you have one, but I won't be picky.

Got a level 38 one and a level 1 one. Any preference?

2277 4598 3685 here, anyway.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:03 PM
You know that feeling when yours and your opponent's Slowpokes have yawned each other, and then you're just sitting there waiting for the damn things to wake up while being silently pleased about how hilariously perfect this situation is.

I do.

And it's kind of annoying :smallannoyed:

Either of you guys wanna help me evolve my Kadabra after your trade?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 05:06 PM
May as well, I guess. I'm just kinda spamming shooting game videos at Malek right now. He'd probably be happy if I'd shut up for five minutes.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:08 PM
May as well, I guess. I'm just kinda spamming shooting game videos at Malek right now. He'd probably be happy if I'd shut up for five minutes.

Cheers. What's your FC, it says the one 2 posts up is wrong.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 05:10 PM
Oops. 2277 4598 3685. I had the middle mixed up.

May as well evolve it now, that Nate fella seems to have gone offline.

Deth, if you wanna add that to the OP, that'd be nice. Saves me having to keep typing it and making mistakes.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:18 PM
Oops. 2277 4598 3685. I had the middle mixed up.

May as well evolve it now, that Nate fella seems to have gone offline.

Cheers man, appreciate it.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 05:19 PM
I bet that Tentacool just can't wait to evolve so he can really live up to his name.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:26 PM
I bet that Tentacool just can't wait to evolve so he can really live up to his name.

Yeeeeeaaahh...I ran out of names so I let google decide.

Not a wise move as you saw :smallbiggrin:

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 05:33 PM
Got a level 38 one and a level 1 one. Any preference?

2277 4598 3685 here, anyway.

Level 38, I guess. Might as well make it easier to evolve.

My FC is 1205 2435 1398. Want anything in particular, or just trade fodder?

Yeeeeeaaahh...I ran out of names so I let google decide.

Not a wise move as you saw :smallbiggrin:

Okay, now I'm curious. Care to share with the class? :smalltongue:

Hunter Noventa
2010-07-08, 05:34 PM
All right I think I'm just gonna go ahead and throw my friend code into the ring. I've got a complete pokedex in Soul Silver so i can get anyone just about anything they want, and I don't care what I get back really. Just PM me and we can set up a time.
Friend Code: 1548 7995 3858

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:36 PM

Okay, now I'm curious. Care to share with the class? :smalltongue:

It begins with an H, ends with an ai, and the middle rhymes with tent :smallredface:

All right I think I'm just gonna go ahead and throw my friend code into the ring. I've got a complete pokedex in Soul Silver so i can get anyone just about anything they want, and I don't care what I get back really. Just PM me and we can set up a time.
Friend Code: 1548 7995 3858

How? Haven't half the legendaries not been released yet?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 05:38 PM

If you've got a Sableye I'll have it, I guess. Aside from that, whatever. I was just gonna release it anyway.

Malek
2010-07-08, 05:40 PM
Does that offer extend to legendaries as well? 'Cause my 'dex has manaphy-shaped hole in it >_>

@Kobold-Bard: Technically each and every pokemon was available at some point.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-08, 05:42 PM
Does that offer extend to legendaries as well? 'Cause my 'dex has manaphy-shaped hole in it >_>

@Kobold-Bard: Technically each and every pokemon was available at some point.

ORLY!??!?

Fair enough, my bad.

Commander McCoy
2010-07-08, 05:49 PM
It begins with an H, ends with an ai, and the middle rhymes with tent :smallredface:

I see what you did there. :smallwink:

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 05:53 PM
If you've got a Sableye I'll have it, I guess. Aside from that, whatever. I was just gonna release it anyway.

Sorry, I don't have any spare Sableyes. I do have some extra Poochyena (with Ice and Thunder Fangs) that I'm also going to release anyway. How about that?

I can trade now, if you want.

:smalleek:
Okay, then. (That poor Tentacool.)

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 05:55 PM
Sorry, I don't have any spare Sableyes. I do have some extra Poochyena (with Ice and Thunder Fangs) that I'm also going to release anyway. How about that?

If you've got a level 71 Leafeon with perfect IVs I'd have that, too.

Yeah, maybe just stick with the dog. I'll be online.

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 06:03 PM
If you've got a level 71 Leafeon with perfect IVs I'd have that, too.

Yeah, maybe just stick with the dog. I'll be online.

Sorry, fresh out. :smalltongue:

I'm waiting in the Wifi room. Are you there yet?

EDIT: Maybe IRC would help. I think this (http://webchat.quakenet.org/) is the one, pkmtrade channel.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 06:07 PM
My connection seems to be playing up. :/ We might have to do this some other time.

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 06:08 PM
My connection seems to be playing up. :/ We might have to do this some other time.

Okay. Any ideas, or just play it by ear?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 06:14 PM
Beats me. I'll let you know when I've fixed things, I guess.

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 06:18 PM
Beats me. I'll let you know when I've fixed things, I guess.

Sure. Just drop me a PM.

Hunter Noventa
2010-07-08, 06:27 PM
How? Haven't half the legendaries not been released yet?

Well I'll admit I hacked the wonder card for the Azure Flute and other Diamond event mons using my AR, but those events may very well never see the light of day here. And technically you don't need the event mons for the pokedex completion star.

Also the used copies of Leaf Green and Sapphire I got were very helpful.

And I guess I should have said anything that can Breed, to be more specific, I'm not giving away legendaries, though if you'll give it back...

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 06:57 PM

I'll take one of those Kabuto off you, if there's anything you need.

Eldrys
2010-07-08, 07:16 PM

Could I trade you something for a trapinch?

And does anyone have a Tropius that they could trade me?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 07:16 PM
Yeah, okay. My internet seems to be working again, too. Though, well, it seemed to be working well before it mysteriously broke earlier, so...

That's a yes to both people, by the way. Man, I didn't realise these pokemon would be so popular. :o

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 07:20 PM
Yeah, okay. My internet seems to be working again, too. Though, well, it seemed to be working well before it mysteriously broke earlier, so...

That's a yes to both people, by the way. Man, I didn't realise these pokemon would be so popular. :o

You want a specific Pokemon, or just anything?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 07:22 PM
Just anything. Unless you have a spare Sableye/perfect IV level 71 Leafeon. Somehow I doubt you have either of them.

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 07:26 PM
Just anything. Unless you have a spare Sableye/perfect IV level 71 Leafeon. Somehow I doubt you have either of them.

No, but I can send one your way when I come across one.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 07:27 PM
Doubt you'll be stumbling across any level 71 Eevee evolutions anytime soon, to be honest.

FC?

Eldrys
2010-07-08, 07:29 PM
Cool! Thanks a bundle!

I'll PM you my friend code.

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 07:31 PM
Doubt you'll be stumbling across any level 71 Eevee evolutions anytime soon, to be honest.

FC?

No, but I could come across a Sableye.:smallwink:

Anyway, apparently I have no wifi access from my hotel room. However, tomorrow, I'll be back home, and thus have wifi. Could you hold onto it until then?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 07:32 PM
No problem. It's been sitting in storage for like the last year until I cleared things out a bit, so I figure it can wait another day. Maybe even two days.

Eldrys
2010-07-08, 07:35 PM
Wait, How do you get your own friend code?

Tropius! Who wanted the Tropius?

I have one on my Emerald, which I'm going to clone and send over to my SS.

That was me!:smalltongue:

what do you want for it?

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-08, 07:35 PM
Tropius! Who wanted the Tropius?

I have one on my Emerald, which I'm going to clone and send over to my SS.

Also have a certain Ghost/Dark which I can also trade once cloned and traveled.

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 07:37 PM

It'll be in your Pal Pad.

Eldrys
2010-07-08, 07:38 PM
It'll be in your Pal Pad.

Ah, thank you.

Goldfly
2010-07-08, 07:43 PM
Ah, thank you.

No problem.

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-08, 08:36 PM

That was me!:smalltongue:

what do you want for it?

Totodile if you have it. Otherwise, bring a variety. Levels/Items won't matter, since I won't be sending any items your way, and I can start from level 1 with Ditto if nececcary. Looking to fill my Poke'Dex up some.

Friend Code:

{Self-Scrubbed for privacy reasons}

Eldrys
2010-07-08, 08:58 PM
I'll PM you my Friend code shortly

ryzouken
2010-07-08, 09:10 PM
Well I'll admit I hacked the wonder card for the Azure Flute and other Diamond event mons using my AR, but those events may very well never see the light of day here. And technically you don't need the event mons for the pokedex completion star.

Also the used copies of Leaf Green and Sapphire I got were very helpful.

And I guess I should have said anything that can Breed, to be more specific, I'm not giving away legendaries, though if you'll give it back...

O.o
*reads about ARing event items and purchasing used copies of older pokemon games* O.O

Hey, Hunter, I don't suppose you've been stalking me, has you? :smalleek:

Terry576
2010-07-08, 10:08 PM

Now now Sparky. My Sableye (Because I'm so original, I named it SABLEYE), is perfectly fine. Just because I'm an unmotivated slacker doesn't mean Sableye won't be yours in like three days.

Besides, I now have all 3 Regis, and go after that damnable Regigigas. :smallsmile:

And I might AR myself a Shiny Charmander with my Charizard's moveset. Just for kicks. But once I get my AR, I'll start hacking in those pretty event items, and go and catch the Legends legit. And get my Jirachi once I get back to America, seeing as the event is still on. :smallredface:

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 10:13 PM

So, do you want to go ahead with our trade, now that your internet is working again?

SparkMandriller
2010-07-08, 10:28 PM
You're the boss, boss. Lucky thing I can't sleep and have nothing to do but check forums to see if people have posted, it is.

Nate the Snake
2010-07-08, 10:37 PM
You're the boss, boss. Lucky thing I can't sleep and have nothing to do but check forums to see if people have posted, it is.

Cool. I'm ready when you are. I'm also on IRC, at the link I posted a couple of posts ago.

Mando Knight
2010-07-08, 11:54 PM

The only difference is whether you're picky about the two 31 IVs and nature you want. With time, I can reliably grant two 31s in HP, Attack, SpAtk, or SpDef for now, and likely any nature. Though 31 SpAtk is what I've got the most of, with several Modest ones included.

tgva8889
2010-07-09, 01:10 AM

Don't release any Trapinches! I'd love one, preferably Adamant, Jolly, Naughty, or Naive.

I can probably give you a decent Eevee of almost any nature that I have. There are several of them. At the very least, I can ensure an Eevee with two perfect stats, though the nature will likely be crappy.

SKarious
2010-07-09, 02:02 AM
Hi y'all. I'm just a beginner (just beat Red on SS), but I'd love to help anyone if I can.

FC: 1162 2998 5152

Game: SS
Starters: Totodile, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Torchic.

Also got a Sableye, Porygon, Salamance, Garchomp and Groudon (with an Impish nature :smallfurious: ) and all of the SS legendaries.
Looking for: the other starters, Spiritomb, Kyogre, anything shiny.

Terry576
2010-07-09, 02:39 AM
Hi y'all. I'm just a beginner (just beat Red on SS), but I'd love to help anyone if I can.

FC: 1162 2998 5152

Game: SS
Starters: Totodile, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Torchic.

Also got a Sableye, Porygon, Salamance, Garchomp and Groudon (with an Impish nature :smallfurious: ) and all of the SS legendaries.
Looking for: the other starters, Spiritomb, Kyogre, anything shiny.

Other starters you say? How about a Cyndaquil? I have one. I'm gonna restart my copy of Emerald soon, because it's boring right now. In other news, I can't seem to find a connection in the Regent Club at my Hotel in Beijing. It says 3 Bars of Connectivity, but no actual Wi-Fi. :smallfurious:

And don't you dare trade Sparky that Sableye. That Feebas is mine.

tgva8889
2010-07-09, 02:42 AM
If you are required to go through a web page when you use a computer, you need a DSi to hack that Wi-Fi signal.

Terry576
2010-07-09, 02:44 AM
If you are required to go through a web page when you use a computer, you need a DSi to hack that Wi-Fi signal.

God. Seriously? I can't wait till my Dad get's a new Wi-Fi adapter then. It'll make life EASIER.

Raveypoos
2010-07-09, 06:12 AM
Ookay, question:

How do you catch Entei and Raikou? I made them fall asleep and I've paralysed them, but they're still silly hard to catch.

If they are catchable, that is.

Raistlin1040
2010-07-09, 06:14 AM
Get a Dugtrio (especially for Raikou), make sure they're in the red and paralyzed, and throw Quick Balls or Dusk Balls if it's night.

Malek
2010-07-09, 06:28 AM
Ookay, question:

How do you catch Entei and Raikou? I made them fall asleep and I've paralysed them, but they're still silly hard to catch.

They are. You just need to grit your teeth, and spend a lot of time... or just use masterball. (Protip: Get something that will prevent them from running like wobuffet, it helps to ease the frustration)

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-09, 06:36 AM
Ookay, question:

Masterball. You can catch non roamers with dusk balls, these guys just bug me.

Damage remains after they run away so whittle them down the throw Quick Balls like there's no tomorrow.

SKarious
2010-07-09, 10:32 AM
Don't Entei & Raikou have Roar/Whirlwind to remove trapping pokemon?

Mistral
2010-07-09, 11:11 AM
Don't Entei & Raikou have Roar/Whirlwind to remove trapping pokemon?

Roar, I believe. One might be able to Baton Pass Mean Look to a Soundproof or Suction Cups Pokemon to avoid it, but I don't think any of the Pokemon with those abilities actually learn False Swipe. The same goes for the move Ingrain, which also prevents switching out. On the other hand, once you already have it down to 1 HP and give it a status effect, you could then just BP Mean Look to an Electrode or Octillery and start throwing Pokeballs until it sticks.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-09, 12:11 PM
Roar, I believe. One might be able to Baton Pass Mean Look to a Soundproof or Suction Cups Pokemon to avoid it, but I don't think any of the Pokemon with those abilities actually learn False Swipe. The same goes for the move Ingrain, which also prevents switching out. On the other hand, once you already have it down to 1 HP and give it a status effect, you could then just BP Mean Look to an Electrode or Octillery and start throwing Pokeballs until it sticks.

Uh, there's a rather nasty looking plant in the Platinum Safari Zone that I think can False Swipe and Ingrain. But I forget what it's called. It's just really ugly, and looks like a venus flytrap.

Malek
2010-07-09, 12:20 PM
Carnivine I think? Well admit I didn't remember about roar (mostly because I was too lazy to get myself a trapper on SS) but there is a fix for that - after you bring hp down and apply condition use party of six wobbufets to catch the roamer :smallwink:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-09, 12:26 PM
Carnivine I think? Well admit I didn't remember about roar (mostly because I was too lazy to get myself a trapper on SS) but there is a fix for that - after you bring hp down and apply condition use party of six wobbufets to catch the roamer :smallwink:

Yup! Carnivine's the one. And using six Wobbufets is just. Plain. Wrong.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-09, 01:59 PM
Don't release any Trapinches! I'd love one, preferably Adamant, Jolly, Naughty, or Naive.

I'll probably just be camping out on IRC all day. Hit me up, yo.
irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade if anyone else wants one. I've got lots.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-09, 02:42 PM
Speaking of extras, I've got some Cranidoseses and such if people need them.

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-09, 02:54 PM
Who wanted the Sableye? I have one now on my SoulSilver.

Searching for Totodile, or bring a viriety and hope one is not in my Poke'dex.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-09, 03:38 PM
UK people I hve a question.

Does Mcdonalds wifi work with pokemon, or has that ended? My gf wants a Jirachi but she has windows 7 so my USB wifi thing won't load. If not are there any other places I could try (preferably free).

ryzouken
2010-07-09, 06:45 PM
you could try one of a dozen internet cafes or...

you could go war driving. Technically, it's illegal here in the States, I'm not sure about in the UK. War Driving, for those uninformed, is attempting to gain access to a wireless network without knowledge or permission of the owner of said network. Essentially, you cruise residential streets until your laptop picks up an unencrypted wireless signal and then attempt to connect to that.

Of course, connecting your gameboy will be a pain in the arse, since the router needs to be broadcasting with no encryption AND in g- and b- bands. GFL.

Or, you could go out and spring $40 (USD, not sure how many GBP it'd cost you) on a cisco wireless router.

Terry576
2010-07-09, 06:48 PM
Who wanted the Sableye? I have one now on my SoulSilver.

Searching for Totodile, or bring a viriety and hope one is not in my Poke'dex.

Stop it! Or I'll have to use Pokesav to hack in my poor Feebas, instead of getting a legit one from Sparky! :smallfrown:

you could try one of a dozen internet cafes or...

you could go war driving. Technically, it's illegal here in the States, I'm not sure about in the UK. War Driving, for those uninformed, is attempting to gain access to a wireless network without knowledge or permission of the owner of said network. Essentially, you cruise residential streets until your laptop picks up an unencrypted wireless signal and then attempt to connect to that.

Of course, connecting your gameboy will be a pain in the arse, since the router needs to be broadcasting with no encryption AND in g- and b- bands. GFL.

Or, you could go out and spring $40 (USD, not sure how many GBP it'd cost you) on a cisco wireless router.

You mean like Vork did from The Guild (http://feliciaday.com/blog/episode-3-season-3-player-down)?

"Can you tell me the first word that comes to mind that describes me?"

"Get off my property!"

"I see. Interesting choice." :smallsmile:

B-Man
2010-07-09, 07:52 PM
Stop it! Or I'll have to use Pokesav to hack in my poor Feebas, instead of getting a legit one from Sparky! :smallfrown:

I have a few leftover Feebas from my search for a usable Mirror Coat Milotic if you're available any time after 15:00 (GMT -3) tomorrow (or alternatively in the next 10 minutes or so tonight). Also have a few Zubat with Brave Bird, Snorunt with Spikes, and Eevee with Curse available if anyone is interested.

Friend's Code for the list in the OP:
SoulSilver: 5371-4488-1062

tgva8889
2010-07-09, 08:57 PM
I'll probably just be camping out on IRC all day. Hit me up, yo.
irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade if anyone else wants one. I've got lots.

I don't have access to Wireless for at least 4 days.

Party of 6 Wobbuffets does not defeat Roar. In Wild battles, a use of Roar causes the Wild Pokemon to just escape.

Terry576
2010-07-09, 09:54 PM
Wow. I'm a Legendary whore or something. I've got Dialga, Giratina, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas. And I'm going after Heatran. :smallredface:

And once my AR is here, the end is nigh for those who claim that "Event Items are no longer available". :smallamused:

IthilanorStPete
2010-07-09, 09:57 PM
Wow. I'm a Legendary whore or something. I've got Dialga, Giratina, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas. And I'm going after Heatran. :smallredface:

Pfft...on my HeartGold, I have Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Kyogre, Latias, Jirachi, Giratina, Ho-oh, and Lugia.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 09:57 PM
So. I was exploring Cerulean Cave earlier today, and came across Mewtwo. One Quick ball, and he was MINE.
Also, what levels would you people recomend for beating Red? my team is currently Lv. 51-57.
In addition, between my games I have Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Latias, Jirachi, Heatran, Regigias, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit Cresselia, Manaphy, and I used to have Shaymin,Darkrai, Deoxys, and Registeel, before my dogs destroyed my Platinum.

Commander McCoy
2010-07-09, 09:58 PM

And once my AR is here, the end is nigh for those who claim that "Event Items are no longer available". :smallamused:

Fixed. Sorry. :smallredface:

IthilanorStPete
2010-07-09, 09:59 PM
So. I was exploring Cerulean Cave earlier today, and came across Mewtwo. One Quick ball, and he was MINE.
Also, what levels would you people recomend for beating Red? my team is currently Lv. 51-57.

What's your team, and how willing are you to spam items?

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:14 PM
In addition, between my games I have Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Latias, Jirachi, Heatran, Regigias, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit Cresselia, Manaphy, and I used to have Shaymin,Darkrai, Deoxys, and Registeel, before my dogs destroyed my Platinum.

You lucky, Mewtwo snabbing snot! Man, he was probably shiny, too :P

As for Red, I dealt with him with my party at exactly level 70, and the use of all my Max Revives, and having tailored the party to kill him.

It worked, though at the expense of some dignity.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:15 PM
What's your team, and how willing are you to spam items?

In the spoiler.

Lv. 51 Typhlosion@Leftovers
Impish(+ Defense, - Sp.Atk)
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Rock Climb
Lava Plume, to be replaced by Eruption

Lv. 57 Ampharos@Quick Claw
Lax(+ Defense, - Sp. Defense)
Thunder Wave
Light Screen
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam

Lv. 57 Kingdra@Leftovers
Bold(+ Defense, - Attack)
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

Lv. 54 Metagross@Focus Sash
[B]Modest:smallannoyed:(+Sp.Attack, - Attack)
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Earthquake

Lv. 51 Gengar@Choice Specs/Scarf
Bold(+ Defense, - Attack)
Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
(Hypnosis and Dream Eater are to be replaced as soon as possible.)

Lv. 54 Fearow@Muscle Band
Gentle(+ Special Defense, - Defense)
Drill Peck
Agility
Fly
Return

As for Red, I dealt with him with my party at exactly level 70, and the use of all my Max Revives, and having tailored the party to kill him.

I wish.

I'm not prepared to completely redo my team's moveset right now, so I'll probably do some righteous grinding.

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:21 PM
Fearow likely won't help you very much against Red, as he has oodles of Blizzard, and Pikachu.

Kingdra is a good Dragon type, due to neutral Blizzard damage.

In place of fearow, I'd put in a solid Rock type, to deal with his Lapras and Charizard, or something with a tough Fighting move, though that's not too necessary.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:26 PM
Looking through my boxes, in the manner or rock types, I have
Aggron
Sudowoodo&Bonsly
Golem
Rhyhorn
Aerodactyl
Omanyte
Lileep
Anorith
Onix
Kabuto
Larvitar

And as for Fighting, I've got:
Machop
Tyrogue
Gallade
Chimchar
Primeape
Hariyama
Meditite
Poliwhirl

SparkMandriller
2010-07-09, 10:32 PM
I don't have access to Wireless for at least 4 days.

Well, that's okay, I guess. Nothing to interrupt my level grinding.

Okay yeah I admit it I'm just gonna play Gradius or something. Level 71, blarg.

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:39 PM
Golem could be good, with Explosion for when he gets lower down.

And as for a Fighter, if you choose one, just make sure it can deal with a bloody tough Snorlax.

A Fighting type 'mon isn't necessary, but a fighting move on another would definitely help, against Snorlax and Lapras, his damage sinks.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:41 PM
Golem could be good, with Explosion for when he gets lower down.

And as for a Fighter, if you choose one, just make sure it can deal with a bloody tough Snorlax.

A Fighting type 'mon isn't necessary, but a fighting move on another would definiteky help, against Snorlax and Lapras, his damage sinks.

Typhlosion has Focus Blast, so that might prove useful. Yeah, it's the Snorlax I'm most worried about, to be honest. Also, I forgot to mention that I also have a Larvitar. Editing it in now.

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:47 PM
Focus Blast is good.

I don't know how well Tyranitar does, but his moveset is certainly useful.
I'm training one now, and his sandstorm ability may be nice for clearing the Hail.

tgva8889
2010-07-09, 10:48 PM

Red...I beat him at about level 65. I think I may have used a single Hyper Potion or Full Restore the entire fight. Mostly, I used the awesome mechanic of knowing what move Red was going to use ahead of time because he can't predict to save his life.

I think I also fought him on Set.

Red's Snorlax doesn't have Rest. Smash it with Physical-type attacks. Don't use any Special attacks. They suck.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:51 PM
Focus Blast is good.

I don't know how well Tyranitar does, but his moveset is certainly useful.
I'm training one now, and his sandstorm ability may be nice for clearing the Hail.

Sand Stream? Metagross is immune to it, and no one on my team carries blizzard or is immune to hail.Hmm...

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:52 PM
Red...I beat him at about level 65. I think I may have used a single Hyper Potion or Full Restore the entire fight. Mostly, I used the awesome mechanic of knowing what move Red was going to use ahead of time because he can't predict to save his life.

I think I also fought him on Set.

Red's Snorlax doesn't have Rest. Smash it with Physical-type attacks. Don't use any Special attacks. They suck.

Well then, I yield the floor to you.

Admittedly, I'm not that strong a player, but I know how to win against the NPC's, if not very efficienntly, then at least successfully.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:54 PM
I could just bring in my level 100s, and utterly smash his team to bits... but where's the fun in that?

Partof1
2010-07-09, 10:57 PM
There's the fun in knowing you are the most powerful being who has ever trounced that tiny little pokemon world, and you, rather than these so called "all powerful" legendary beasts should be worshipped by the small townsfolk.

And you get to prove it by unseating their blessed champion.

tgva8889
2010-07-09, 10:59 PM
Well then, I yield the floor to you.

Admittedly, I'm not that strong a player, but I know how to win against the NPC's, if not very efficienntly, then at least successfully.

It helped that I had Choice items and a Heracross. Heracross with a Scarf outsped most of his team and had Super-Effective or just ridiculously powerful moves.

Goldfly
2010-07-09, 10:59 PM
There's the fun in knowing you are the most powerful being who has ever trounced that tiny little pokemon world, and you, rather than these so called "all powerful" legendary beasts should be worshipped by the small townsfolk.

And you get to prove it by unseating their blessed champion.Point well taken. Honestly, though, I'd prefer to use a team that I trained from the low levels to utterly smash Red to bits.

It helped that I had Choice items and a Heracross. Heracross with a Scarf outsped most of his team and had Super-Effective or just ridiculously powerful moves.

I already gave it a shot once, and while Choice Scarf Gengar+ Hypnosis did outspeed his whole team, they had the unfortunate tendancy of waking up.

ryzouken
2010-07-10, 12:27 AM
I already gave it a shot once, and while Choice Scarf Gengar+ Hypnosis did outspeed his whole team, they had the unfortunate tendancy of waking up.

Try playing LeafGreen. I'm not sure if I killed that game's RNG's father and it's now out for revenge, or if it was the victim of a national scale ponzi scheme I orchestrated, or if it just plain doesn't like my face. Regardless, when I'm affected by confusion 5 turns in a row while my opponent (despite their own confusion affliction) continues to pound me with perfectly accurate 70% accuracy moves... Yeah...

Don't get me started on half turn sleeps and freezes. I used to think the slot machines just hated me, now I know it's the entire game, and it loathes me. :smalleek:

Terry576
2010-07-10, 12:37 AM
Try playing LeafGreen. I'm not sure if I killed that game's RNG's father and it's now out for revenge, or if it was the victim of a national scale ponzi scheme I orchestrated, or if it just plain doesn't like my face. Regardless, when I'm affected by confusion 5 turns in a row while my opponent (despite their own confusion affliction) continues to pound me with perfectly accurate 70% accuracy moves... Yeah...

Don't get me started on half turn sleeps and freezes. I used to think the slot machines just hated me, now I know it's the entire game, and it loathes me. :smalleek:

Please. I found out how to abuse the crap out of the Daycare Checker App on Diamond. If you tap the screen just as the game pauses to load its next RNG, you can get an egg. I'm now on 16/42 eggs rejected till I can start waiting for shiny charmander. :smallredface:

Oh, and then I'm getting RAPED by Emerald's RNG. And Emerald has the really bad one.

5 Turns of Confusion, 4 turns of sleep, 3 turns of poison. :smallfurious:

And, I've been dreading this, but...

ATTENTION ALL Pokemon LPers, Pokemon Fans, AND Romhackers:

I'm about to start my Let's Play of Pokemon Quartz, the game with almost ALL Fakemons, but the crappiest graphics of all time.

lets do this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU)

tgva8889
2010-07-10, 12:39 AM

I've come to find Sleep totally unreliable now for everything except catching. Because I do need that extra multiplier.

ryzouken
2010-07-10, 12:40 AM
Please. I found out how to abuse the crap out of the Daycare Checker App on Diamond. If you tap the screen just as the game pauses to load its next RNG, you can get an egg. I'm now on 16/42 eggs rejected till I can start waiting for shiny charmander. :smallredface:

Oh, and then I'm getting RAPED by Emerald's RNG. And Emerald has the really bad one.

5 Turns of Confusion, 4 turns of sleep, 3 turns of poison. :smallfurious:

:smallyuk:I'm doing my Emerald E4 run now. Must get to end game so I can use my tickets and sea map. Must also get to the Battle Frontier with my 9999 BP and buy the carp out of stuff!

Deth Muncher
2010-07-10, 12:54 AM
I left my DS 45 minutes away, which means no Pokeymanning until Monday. AGH. Now I have to watch Star Trek TNG to make use of the time. (I've never seen it. I'm on episode 2. Well, 3, if you count the pilot as two episodes.)

Terry576
2010-07-10, 01:04 AM
I left my DS 45 minutes away, which means no Pokeymanning until Monday. AGH. Now I have to watch Star Trek TNG to make use of the time. (I've never seen it. I'm on episode 2. Well, 3, if you count the pilot as two episodes.)

Poor Deth.

Do... D'you want a hug?

Commander McCoy
2010-07-10, 01:15 AM

The Next Generation? Nonono, you must watch The Original Series.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-10, 02:38 AM
Ok, anyone got an answe about Mcdonalds specifically? It's the one I know we can get to.

And yes, cruising for unlocked Internet is illegal. It's basically theft.

Red's Snorlax is evil. I didn't prepare myteam for him and it thoroughly abused me. I had to reset, go get Mewtwo and use it as a shield while I revived everything else (having such a disproportionatly levelled pokemon was a godsend). Though his Pikachu did die from a single Dig from my Steelix so it's not all bad.

SKarious
2010-07-10, 04:15 AM
Honestly, those Pikachu & snorlax were the most troublesome for me.
Pikachu I slowed with a thunder wave from my Magneton, and then switched to my Golem and KO'ed it with an earthquake.
With Snorlax, I just used Destiny Bond with my Gengar.
Still, that battle cost me a lot of Full Restores & Revives.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-10, 04:41 AM
To be honest, I had next to no problem with Red on Heart Gold... I opened with an Adamant Tauros and destroyed Pikachu with Earthquake before it could move, then switched to Tyranitar to replace his Hail with a Sandstorm... with similarly high-levelled Hitmonchan, Starmie, Typhlosion (and an HM slave) I made short work of the rest...

Terry576
2010-07-10, 09:36 AM
WEWT! After merely 3-4 months after HG/SS came out, I finally own a copy of SoulSilver! :smallbiggrin: And now I'm trying to get a Shiny Charmander for my copy of SS. Time to open up RNGReporter and find my SID...

Deth Muncher
2010-07-10, 02:57 PM
Poor Deth.

Do... D'you want a hug?

No, I'm actually anti-hug. Hugs and other forms of adorableness make me burst into flames.

The Next Generation? Nonono, you must watch The Original Series.

You're right, but my internet is spotty at times, so I can't go to Youtube for TOS. But, I have TNG on my harddrive thanks to a friend of mine, sooooooyeah.

Terry576
2010-07-10, 08:18 PM
Gaaah. I have literally 20+ Charmanders, and half of them have near perfect IVs. The second one hatched was Lonely Nature'd too, and female. I hate breeding for shinies. It takes forever, and it'd be easier to RNG abuse to get one. I'm gonna get started on that. :smalltongue:

Goldfly
2010-07-10, 08:34 PM
Gaaah. I have literally 20+ Charmanders, and half of them have near perfect IVs. The second one hatched was Lonely Nature'd too, and female. I hate breeding for shinies. It takes forever, and it'd be easier to RNG abuse to get one. I'm gonna get started on that. :smalltongue:

I wish I could RNG abuse, but I haven't come across a shiny on HG yet, and thus can not determine my SID. Would make Ho-oh so much easier.

Terry576
2010-07-10, 08:39 PM
I wish I could RNG abuse, but I haven't come across a shiny on HG yet, and thus can not determine my SID. Would make Ho-oh so much easier.

Yes you can, easily in fact. Catch a random Legendary, use RNG Reporter to go from Dex/IV stats, then input said IVs into something.

My SID is 22024. I used Giratina to find it. :smallwink:

And I'm not even breeding this Charmander for my copy of Diamond. It's for my Soul Silver. Admittedly, I might just Pokesav create it, but make it legit. (Scratch, Growl, FLARE BLITZ) Much easier then tapping the damn screen to get the correct number of Happiness Doubletaps. :smallannoyed:

Goldfly
2010-07-10, 08:46 PM
Yes you can, easily in fact. Catch a random Legendary, use RNG Reporter to go from Dex/IV stats, then input said IVs into something.

My SID is 22024. I used Giratina to find it. :smallwink:

And I'm not even breeding this Charmander for my copy of Diamond. It's for my Soul Silver. Admittedly, I might just Pokesav create it, but make it legit. (Scratch, Growl, FLARE BLITZ) Much easier then tapping the damn screen to get the correct number of Happiness Doubletaps. :smallannoyed:

Really? Might give it a shot after Doctor Who.

Never mind, it looks very confusing.

ryzouken
2010-07-10, 11:02 PM
you could just AR to reveal your SID. They've a code for it.

Gah... the cheatie cheaties have their hooks in me! It's an addiction... must hax moar codez!

Side note: Emerald E4 was a lot easier than I expected. But then, I expected Hell.

Commander McCoy
2010-07-10, 11:03 PM
You're right, but my internet is spotty at times, so I can't go to Youtube for TOS. But, I have TNG on my harddrive thanks to a friend of mine, sooooooyeah.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_O0T7ezb3q6Y/SF9BuvCpYaI/AAAAAAAAAFE/hTHD7sKV-Tc/s400/Kirk_Angry.jpg

Terry576
2010-07-10, 11:43 PM
you could just AR to reveal your SID. They've a code for it.

Gah... the cheatie cheaties have their hooks in me! It's an addiction... must hax moar codez!

Side note: Emerald E4 was a lot easier than I expected. But then, I expected Hell.

From Emerald's E4? What's wrong with you man? I soloed them with a Blaziken.

Yeah, a fire-type beat the all water champion. :smallcool:

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-10, 11:48 PM
What's with the talk about cheating with Action Replays and Poke'savs? A real trainer fights with honor.

...Still interested in hacked Poke'mon? Fine. Take a look at Poke'mon in the Playground right now. Several members of Team Galactic are using hacked Poke'mon. Most notable? A Shedinja with the HP of a Blissey and recover.

tgva8889
2010-07-10, 11:53 PM
That's not "hacked," that's cheating.

Terry576
2010-07-10, 11:53 PM
What's with the talk about cheating with Action Replays and Poke'savs? A real trainer fights with honor.

...Still interested in hacked Poke'mon? Fine. Take a look at Poke'mon in the Playground right now. Several members of Team Galactic are using hacked Poke'mon. Most notable? A Shedinja with the HP of a Blissey and recover.

Oh Eternal. We're doing SLIGHT cheating. Here's my idea of the cheatline:

Legit: No cheating. (Legit Shinies are Hard.)
Slight: Slight cheating. (Checking Secret ID, RNG Abuse, ect.)
Moderate: Moderate cheating. (Using Poke'sav to get a shiny, but with normal moves.)
Rampant: Rampant cheating. (Poke'sav shiny with pokerus, ridiculous moves. (IE: Lv.1 Charmander with Lucky Egg, Outrage/Flare Blitz/Meteor Mash/Swords Dance

Partof1
2010-07-11, 12:00 AM
I am proud to say that I have never cheated, ever. Honestly. Unless you count saving just before a legendary and turning the system off/on if you KO it.

Though that is like hypermild slight cheating, if at all.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 12:05 AM
I am proud to say that I have never cheated, ever. Honestly. Unless you count saving just before a legendary and turning the system off/on if you KO it.

That's not really cheating.

Using a device to make a Fire/Dragon-type Magikarp with Fire Blast, Solar Beam, High Jump Kick, and Psychic is something else entirely. I did do that, it was hilarious.

Partof1
2010-07-11, 12:08 AM
That would be interesting. My idea of hilarious was naming a female Gyarados Mr. Fish.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 12:15 AM
I don't consider it cheating to do something entirely within the game. RNG abuse and abusing glitches are perfectly acceptable to me. Using a program to literally alter your save data, like Pokesav or ActionReplay, is always cheating.

Partof1
2010-07-11, 12:31 AM
Yeah, only attaching something to your actual game card is cheating.

I agree, so long as it's already in the game, it's fine.

If you're really strict, using serebii's chart on the safari zone blocks or something similar could be construed as cheating, though think very few, if any, would construe it as so.

ryzouken
2010-07-11, 02:32 AM
Only AR hax I do is to gain event items to get the event mons. The rest? Mreh.

I also did the Python fake GTS trick... but the mons I got from it are being invalidated by the event mons I accessed on my leaf green and emerald carts, so ultimately a pointless action.

I guess I could move to Japan, but that seems... excessive, for something that's just a game, after all.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-11, 02:39 AM

Hatch 8000 eggs looking for a shiny and then say that.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 02:40 AM
You don't need Shinies. Those are optional. If you want to hatch that many eggs seeking one, that's your prerogative.

ryzouken
2010-07-11, 02:43 AM
there is an all shinies code... hmm....

nah, I'll get mine like a normal person, one stupid egg at a time using the Masuda method.

So not looking forward to that.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-11, 02:53 AM
You don't need Shinies. Those are optional. If you want to hatch that many eggs seeking one, that's your prerogative.

Would you look down on someone for just using pokesav to skip past that, though? Because you shouldn't.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 03:21 AM
If you were going to compete with said Shiny, then yes. If you just wanted a shiny (or anything for that matter) simply to have it in your game and not to show it off, tell anyone about it, or use it in any manner whatsoever, then I don't really care what you do with it. Otherwise, if you cheated to get it it's not legit and it's not worth anything.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-11, 03:49 AM
Would you complain if someone cheated in duplicates of some of the TMs that only spawn once per game? Using cheats to bypass awful game design isn't really a bad thing. :/

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 03:52 AM
I personally would if you planned to use those TMs to actually battle other people. I mean, if I wanted more TMs I would actually play through another copy of the game or trade for them. I happen to have almost every game, though, so I may be a rarity.

SparkMandriller
2010-07-11, 04:51 AM
I thought limited availability TMs were one of those things that the entire world disliked. Huh.

You at least hate useless HM moves that force you to waste moveslots/teamslots on HM slaves, right?

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 05:06 AM
I hate the bad ones. I've found uses for Whirlpool, though, so it's not as bad. Cut and Defog and Flash are all terrible, especially Defog. The Fog weather effect is beyond stupid. I hate Rock Climb because you could just Fly up those mountains on your Flying-type, but no. Strength is worse than Return, which has always been pretty easy to get in bulk.

And most of them aren't very limited. I either have a billion from Emerald's copying or I have more than enough from 3-4 different games of the generation.

Raistlin1040
2010-07-11, 05:12 AM
Exploiting an accidental glitch to acquire TMs in bulk is really no better than ARing more copies. The other stuff, maybe, but if we're talking about playing the game as cleanly as possible, exploiting glitches that were very obviously not meant for the game isn't exactly fair play.

Dihan
2010-07-11, 06:22 AM
I've hacked some Pokemon before but I've never given them illegal moves, never made them shiny, never changed their type and never given them max IVs. I only do it when real life is too busy for endless cross-breeding though.

I do sometimes give them a beneficial item if they require it to evolve or if it's crucial to their concept (things like Flame Orb or Light Clay).

I've played against people with them and lost spectacularly the vast majority of times so it's not like they're WonderTombs (which I completely disagree with).

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 06:52 AM
Exploiting an accidental glitch to acquire TMs in bulk is really no better than ARing more copies. The other stuff, maybe, but if we're talking about playing the game as cleanly as possible, exploiting glitches that were very obviously not meant for the game isn't exactly fair play.

That's your view. If they screwed up and such a glitch exists, it's in the game by design. That makes it fair to me. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Terry576
2010-07-11, 07:04 AM
That's your view. If they screwed up and such a glitch exists, it's in the game by design. That makes it fair to me. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Really. Try Wi-Fi battling against a guy who migrated from Emerald. Go on, I'll wait.

Sides, even if I do hack in a shiny Charmander, it'll just look like if I bred it. Admittedly, my egg rates are spectacular, probably from rejecting so many damn eggs from the old man. I've got a perfect IV'd Charmander with Lonely nature in the box. :smalleek: AND I've got a near perfect IV'd Riolu. :smallredface:

So, the idea of rejecting eggs to get shinies? Doesn't work. Rejecting 'em to get epic IVs?

In other news, my LP of Pokemon Quartz (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8897066&postcount=1) is started. Once I finish that, I think I'll LP Pokemon Emerald. My LP for Emerald is gonna be... different, to say the least.

Totally works.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 07:15 AM
Really. Try Wi-Fi battling against a guy who migrated from Emerald. Go on, I'll wait.

What did he do? I have Emerald, I migrate from it to obtain free things like Master Balls, there's not a whole lot wrong with it in my mind. The glitch is in the game, it wasn't fixed.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 07:17 AM
I got lucky enough to get a shiny riolu, but of course she's Calm natured. :smalltongue: Her son is Serious natured, but has a near-perfect attack IV stat and mid-high 20s in every other IV except HP. :smallsigh:

About the new Black/White (And the third version will be either Gray or Grey):

Ehh...I don't really like the new triple battle system. What's next, sending out the whole party out in a 6-on-6 full-on brawl? I would like to see a triple battle gym leader though. And a double battle gym leader. I really loved the Liza and Tate match.

At least we'll almost certainly get a remake of R/S/E. Say what you will, but I loved those games.

Also, does anybody here have an Adamant Natured Ditto? Preferably with good IVs? Or a Keckleon, Sableye, or Spoink? Or those pokemon that evolve via trading or items? I'm up to 475 in the Sinnoh Dex and I'd really appreciate it. I can give Mudkips, Flare Blitz Growlithes, and AgiliCrunch Riolus once I get that Adamant Ditto. Thanks.

Malek
2010-07-11, 07:30 AM
Or those pokemon that evolve via trading or items?
I should have spare Magmarizer and Electirizer on SS, so I could breed relevant pokemon and make you Magmotar and Electrivire. I'll check once my shinx chain inevitably breaks.

In other news, my LP of Pokemon Quartz (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8897066&postcount=1) is started.
Your bravery will be noted >.>

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 07:34 AM
In other news, my LP of Pokemon Quartz (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8897066&postcount=1) is started. Once I finish that, I think I'll LP Pokemon Emerald. My LP for Emerald is gonna be... different, to say the least.

Totally works.

*Slow clap*

I should have spare Magmarizer and Electirizer on SS, so I could breed relevant pokemon and make you Magmotar and Electrivire. I'll check once my shinx chain inevitably breaks.

Thanks. I already have Electrivire, but I need Magmortar. You got an adamant Ditto? What I'm really looking for are trades or trade-tradebacks with Huntail, Gorebyss, Kingdra, Slowking, Politoed, you know, those.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 07:42 AM
I got lucky enough to get a shiny riolu, but of course she's Calm natured. :smalltongue: Her son is Serious natured, but has a near-perfect attack IV stat and mid-high 20s in every other IV except HP. :smallsigh:

About the new Black/White (And the third version will be either Gray or Grey):

Ehh...I don't really like the new triple battle system. What's next, sending out the whole party out in a 6-on-6 full-on brawl? I would like to see a triple battle gym leader though. And a double battle gym leader. I really loved the Liza and Tate match.

At least we'll almost certainly get a remake of R/S/E. Say what you will, but I loved those games.

Also, does anybody here have an Adamant Natured Ditto? Preferably with good IVs? Or a Keckleon, Sableye, or Spoink? Or those pokemon that evolve via trading or items? I'm up to 475 in the Sinnoh Dex and I'd really appreciate it. I can give Mudkips, Flare Blitz Growlithes, and AgiliCrunch Riolus once I get that Adamant Ditto. Thanks.

Congrats on the shiny Riolu.

Also, I just got a Spoink egg, and you can have it if you want.

Yuki Akuma
2010-07-11, 07:47 AM
Protip: Ctrl+Alt+e = é

All this e' is driving me crazy...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 07:47 AM
Congrats on the shiny Riolu.

Also, I just got a Spoink egg, and you can have it if you want.

Thanks! What do you want for it? My platinum FC is 2064-1353-9996.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 07:52 AM
Thanks! What do you want for it? My platinum FC is 2064-1353-9996.

Anything, really. I got it as a fluke, and don't need it, so... Who knew Typhlosion and Spoink could breed?:smallwink:
FC: 0174 5615 7997

Doesn't work on my computer, for whatever wacky reason...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 07:54 AM
Anything, really. I got it as a fluke, and don't need it, so... Who knew Typhlosion and Spoink could breed?:smallwink:
FC: 0174 5615 7997

Thanks! You need pokerus?

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 07:55 AM

For me, Ctrl+Alt+e= absolutely nothing. So not so much. Thanks for the tip, though.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 07:55 AM
Thanks! You need pokerus?

I think my last Pokemon with it just got cured, so sure.

Waiting now.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 07:56 AM
I think my last Pokemon with it just got cured, so sure.

Waiting now.

Hang on, I need to infect my omanyte. Thanks.

Dhavaer
2010-07-11, 08:00 AM

I have the opposite problem in that accented letters are too easy to get, or more to the point, too difficult to avoid. If I use an apostrophe or quotation mark it will become an accent if the next key I hit is a vowel. Very annoying when writing dialogue.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:01 AM
Okay, I'm on.

Okay, what's going on?

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 08:05 AM
I have the opposite problem in that accented letters are too easy to get, or more to the point, too difficult to avoid. If I use an apostrophe or quotation mark it will become an accent if the next key I hit is a vowel. Very annoying when writing dialogue.

Change your Keyboard language. It's probably set to something other than English (United States). I know mine can language-swap to Spanish (International) and do what yours does on command.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:06 AM
Awesome! Thank you!

Uh, is it okay, if I do a trade-tradeback with your kingdra, for dex data?

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:08 AM
Awesome! Thank you!

Uh, is it okay, if I do a trade-tradeback with your kingdra, for dex data?

Yeah, sure.
I just hit Quit, though, so...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:09 AM
Yeah, sure.
I just hit Quit, though, so...

So select me again! :smalltongue: Thank you!

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:10 AM
So select me again! :smalltongue: Thank you!

You know you could have just selected a Pokemon and hit trade, right?

Seeking Participants now.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:12 AM
You know you could have just selected a Pokemon and hit trade, right?

Seeking Participants now.

...Why isn't it working? :smalltongue:

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:14 AM
...Why isn't it working? :smalltongue:

I have no clue. Give me a minute, I'll try leaving and coming back.

And now it doesn't show you at all. Huh.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:21 AM
I have no clue. Give me a minute, I'll try leaving and coming back.

And now it doesn't show you at all. Huh.

Did you do something to my Friend Code?

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:22 AM
Did you do something to my Friend Code?

No, just left and came back in. I'll try resetting my game, that might help.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:27 AM
No, just left and came back in. I'll try resetting my game, that might help.

I don't want to sound rude or like I'm begging or anything, but could I also do a trade-tradeback with Ho-oh and Suicune for dex data? I can do a trade-tradeback with legendaries for it.

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:27 AM
Woooohoooo... Two shiny shinx before I messed up and broke the chain

Thanks. I already have Electrivire, but I need Magmortar.
Alright. Checked - do have Magmarizer, so I'll start breeding Magmar in a moment.

You got an adamant Ditto?
Nope, sorry

What I'm really looking for are trades or trade-tradebacks with Huntail, Gorebyss
Used-up items for these, so I can tradeback at best

Kingdra,
Got two Dragon Scales, but I lack Seadra... and I see you are tradeback-ing with goldfly anyway

Slowking, Politoed, you know, those.
Only one King's Rock on me at the moment sadly, so neither of these.

Got also spare metal coat and four spare reaper cloth, but since neither Dusknir nor Steelix/Scizor are on your list I guess you don't need these.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:28 AM
I don't want to sound rude or like I'm begging or anything, but could I also do a trade-tradeback with Ho-oh and Suicune for dex data? I can do a trade-tradeback with legendaries for it.

Sorry, but no. I plan on SRing for Ho-oh, and haven't caught Suicune yet.

Could you try leaving, then returning? You're still not showing up for me.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:29 AM
Woooohoooo... Two shiny shinx before I messed up and broke the chain

Alright. Checked - do have Magmarizer, so I'll start breeding Magmar in a moment.

Used-up items for these, so I can tradeback at best

Got also spare metal coat and four spare reaper cloth, but since neither Dusknir nor Steelix/Scizor are on your list I guess you don't need these.

NICE. Congrats! And thank you! And yes, I would like Dusknoir please.

Sorry, but no. I plan on SRing for Ho-oh, and haven't caught Suicune yet.

Could you try leaving, then returning? You're still not showing up for me.

Okay then, thanks!

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:30 AM
There we go.

We forgot to turn off voice chat, didn't we.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:31 AM
There we go.

FINALLY! Thank you so much!

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:31 AM
NICE. Congrats! And thank you! And yes, I would like Dusknoir please.
Thanks

@Dusknoir - got Dusclops that can be evolved handy? (Otherwise I'll need to breed a Duskuul and evolve it first, which will take some time)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:32 AM
Thanks

@Dusknoir - got Dusclops that can be evolved handy? (Otherwise I'll need to breed a Duskuul and evolve it first, which will take some time)

Yeah, I've got a Dusclops. And yeah, we forgot. :smalltongue:

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:34 AM
FINALLY! Thank you so much!

No problem. Now back to training my team.:smallsigh:

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:34 AM
Awesome. Magmar->Magmotar is "in the breed". You mentioned Omanyte above if I'm not mistaken - could you breed me that one for Magmotar?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:36 AM
Awesome. Magmar->Magmotar is "in the breed". You mentioned Omanyte above if I'm not mistaken - could you breed me that one for Magmotar?

Sure thing! You want pokerus with it? And it's not bred, it's revived from a fossil. I've got fossil pokemon up the wazoo.

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:38 AM
I have pokerus *somwhere* in the PC so don't need to bother. Fossils you say - anything I could get you for other fossil-mon? I think the only one I have so far is Kabuto (edit: and aerodactyl, duh forgot), so that would fill a few gaps in my dex.

PS. Hatching the egg ATM.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:41 AM
I have pokerus *somwhere* in the PC so don't need to bother. Fossils you say - anything I could get you for other fossil-mon? I think the only one I have so far is Kabuto, so that would fill a few gaps in my dex.

PS. Hatching the egg ATM.

Well, like I said, Dusknoir, Huntail/Gorebyss, Keckleon, Sableye, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Suicune, Ho-oh, Celebi, Manaphy, Phione, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias. You can do trade-tradebacks with the legendaries. Thank you!

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:43 AM
Well, like I said, Dusknoir, Huntail/Gorebyss, Keckleon, Sableye, Suicune, Ho-oh, Celebi, Manaphy, Phione, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias. You can do trade-tradebacks with the legendaries. Thank you!

Dusknoir will be done as previously said :) As for others - I can show you Huntail/Gorebyss, Suicune, Ho-oh, Phione, Gorundon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and one of Lati@s (don't remember which one it was at the moment) so long as they return to me afterwards :D

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:46 AM
Dusknoir will be done as previously said :) As for others - I can show you Huntail/Gorebyss, Suicune, Ho-oh, Phione, Gorundon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and one of Lati@s (don't remember which one it was at the moment) so long as they return to me afterwards :D

Thank you! No problem, you can trust me. I'll show you some of my legendaries too.

You got Keckleon and Sableye? I think I have extras of every fossil other than Kabuto and shieldon.

Malek
2010-07-11, 08:54 AM
No Keckleon/Sableeye I'm afraid. And you don't need to bother with legends - AFAIR I have all except Mew/Calebi/Manaphy (and I hope that with enough shiny grind I'll get around that).

Well since I'm ready to trade the Magmotar (turned out Magmar breeds into Magby so I'll just use the Magmar I used to breed and just evolve Magby later to get myself one back later).

My proposal of trade route is as follows - I'll stock up on legends and go online with magmar + five legends online. You'll trade me dusclops for magmar + and whatever_then_back for legends. Then I'll go off, come back with whatever legneds I missed off your list and trade you back duclops with reaper cloth equiped while we're at it. After that just tell me how much fossil mon you got and I'll have to get some trade junk ^^"

Anyway FC is 5414 2169 7833. Be there in a minute or two.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 08:59 AM
No Keckleon/Sableeye I'm afraid. And you don't need to bother with legends - AFAIR I have all except Mew/Calebi/Manaphy (and I hope that with enough shiny grind I'll get around that).

Well since I'm ready to trade the Magmotar (turned out Magmar breeds into Magby so I'll just use the Magmar I used to breed and just evolve Magby later to get myself one back later).

My proposal of trade route is as follows - I'll stock up on legends and go online with magmar + five legends online. You'll trade me dusclops for magmar + and whatever_then_back for legends. Then I'll go off, come back with whatever legneds I missed off your list and trade you back duclops with reaper cloth equiped while we're at it. After that just tell me how much fossil mon you got and I'll have to get some trade junk ^^"

Anyway FC is 5414 2169 7833. Be there in a minute or two.

I've got Mew! And I've got Cranidos, Lileep, Aerodactyl, and Omanyte.

If you don't want to give me junk then do you have the eeveeloutions? Or anything shiny? (God I feel rude asking for that.)

Thank you!

Malek
2010-07-11, 09:04 AM
If you don't want to give me junk then do you have the eeveeloutions? Or anything shiny? (God I feel rude asking for that.)
Not really I'm afraid - no spare eeveelutions without breeding and getting the stones, and only spare shiny I have is said second shinx which I'll be saving in hopes of trading multiple shinies (once I grind them) for one of three missing legends (want to have one of each pokemon to save myself time in the future.

PS You forgot to turn off the voice chat :P

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:07 AM
Not really I'm afraid - no spare eeveelutions without breeding and getting the stones, and only spare shiny I have is said second shinx which I'll be saving in hopes of trading multiple shinies (once I grind them) for one of three missing legends (want to have one of each pokemon to save myself time in the future.

PS You forgot to turn off the voice chat :P

Okay then, got any items?

You know what would be easier? Trade Huntail for Latios, Latios for Groudon, and so forth, then get Mew and whatever pokemon you gave last at the very end.

Whoops, sorry. :smalltongue:

Malek
2010-07-11, 09:17 AM
Hmmm, items.

Up to three Everstones... up to two soothe bells... one heart scale... one mistic water... five moonstones... one amulet coin... one nevermelt ice... one choice scarf... one dragon scale... one metal coat... one up-grade... one roese incense... two quick claws... one light clay... one lax incense... one shell bell... one quick powder. These ones I know that I have spares or that I own't be using. There are also some TM's, but here you'd have ask questions about specific ones, since I'd rather not list all the ones that lie in my bag unused.

Back in a moment with more legends.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:19 AM
Hmmm, items.

Up to three Everstones... up to two soothe bells... one heart scale... one mistic water... five moonstones... one amulet coin... one nevermelt ice... one choice scarf... one dragon scale... one metal coat... one up-grade... one roese incense... two quick claws... one light clay... one lax incense... one shell bell... one quick powder. These ones I know that I have spares or that I own't be using. There are also some TM's, but here you'd have ask questions about specific ones, since I'd rather not list all the ones that lie in my bag unused.

Back in a moment with more legends.

Upgrade and Dragon Scale, please. And do you have a spare Grass Knot/Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock lying around? I attached some items to the pokemon too.

Oh, you don't want these pokemon to keep?

Malek
2010-07-11, 09:31 AM
Upgrade and Dragon Scale, please. And do you have a spare Grass Knot/Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock lying around? I attached some items to the pokemon too.

Oh, you don't want these pokemon to keep?

I have Grass Knot and T-bolt lying around, no stealth rock - didn't pick it up on playthrough it seems. As for fossil mon I'd like them "to keep" if possible. If not then I'll just drop you back that aerodactyl and call it a day :)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:36 AM
I have Grass Knot and T-bolt lying around, no stealth rock - didn't pick it up on playthrough it seems. As for fossil mon I'd like them "to keep" if possible. If not then I'll just drop you back that aerodactyl and call it a day :)

Of course you can keep them! I've got evolutionary stones and a Substitute TM attached to the fossils. Feel free to keep those!

Malek
2010-07-11, 09:38 AM
Alright. How many trade-slaves (which will get packed with items and TM mentioned) I'm going to need to catch then?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:41 AM
Alright. How many trade-slaves (which will get packed with items and TM mentioned) I'm going to need to catch then?

5 if you want Magmortar back, 4 otherwise. Could you possibly give Spheal, Azurill, Mime Jr., or Happiny as trade slaves?

Malek
2010-07-11, 09:45 AM
4 it is then, magmotar is for you. I should be able to breed Azurill and I think also Happiny. Don't have ability to get the other two, so I'll fill these spots with whatever runs into a pokeball. Will post again once I'm ready.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:49 AM
4 it is then, magmotar is for you. I should be able to breed Azurill and I think also Happiny. Don't have ability to get the other two, so I'll fill these spots with whatever runs into a pokeball. Will post again once I'm ready.

Thank you! I'll be here for about an hour.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 09:54 AM
When you trade a pokemon holding an item, like metal coat, and it evolves, does the item get consumed in the process? I have one metal coat, one scyther, and one onix.

On a similar note, I have one King's Rock, two Poliwhirls (one I plan on turning into Poliwrath), and two slowpokes (One which will be a slowbro)

My Dragon Scale does not matter, as it only evolves my Seadra.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 09:58 AM
When you trade a pokemon holding an item, like metal coat, and it evolves, does the item get consumed in the process? I have one metal coat, one scyther, and one onix.

On a similar note, I have one King's Rock, two Poliwhirls (one I plan on turning into Poliwrath), and two slowpokes (One which will be a slowbro)

My Dragon Scale does not matter, as it only evolves my Seadra.

The item gets consumed.

If you'd like, I can trade you my Steelix for dex data for either your Poliwhirl or Slopoke with the king's rock attached. Then we can trade back. I don't have an extra king's rock though, sorry.

Malek
2010-07-11, 10:10 AM
Right. Trade slaves bred/captured and equipped with items. Going online in a moment.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 10:12 AM
Right. Trade slaves bred/captured and equipped with items. Going online in a moment.

Yeah, it turned out that I only had three other fossils. Sorry. Here's a Slakoth though. And thank you so much!

Malek
2010-07-11, 10:21 AM
Didn't have Slakoth either, so not much loss there. Thanks.

Terry576
2010-07-11, 10:37 AM
To all those who think my playing Quartz is hard:

It's not, if only because I have a game of Emerald running, where I used a mon generator to get a Shiny Larvitar, Shiny Eevee, and Shiny Charmander. Emulators are fun.:smallbiggrin:

NecroticPunch
2010-07-11, 11:23 AM
I'm sad. My 4 year old sister got Soul Silver before me. She doesn't even know how the hell to play pokemon... but she got the brand new one before I did. I'm going to go cry in a corner.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 11:24 AM
Say, what do you think the new professor will be named? I'm thinking Professor Holly, Professor Willow, or Professor Fir.

...Dear God please let it be Professor Fir.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 12:31 PM
:smalleek:I just beat Red with a team of level 60s.

I rock!:smallbiggrin:

Malek
2010-07-11, 01:15 PM
Did it involve enough max revives to get up an army back on their legs? :smalltongue:

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 01:24 PM
Did it involve enough max revives to get up an army back on their legs? :smalltongue:

I had a total of 6 Max Revives, and 4 Revives.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 02:47 PM
The item gets consumed.

If you'd like, I can trade you my Steelix for dex data for either your Poliwhirl or Slopoke with the king's rock attached. Then we can trade back. I don't have an extra king's rock though, sorry.

Alright. I just gotta get a Friend Code or something. I have yet to do a global trade, although I know the trade center is in Goldenrod. I do not know how to find someone to trade with online. >_>

Could I ask for a favour? I have a Scyther, Machoke, Graveler, and Seadra I am looking to evolve, mind if I just send those over and you send them back?

And grrr. I don't yet have a Kadabra or Haunter. I'll have to go get those. -_-

EDIT: Oooh. It seems they are both on route 8.

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 02:53 PM
Might as well put this up for the first page:
HG FC: 0174 5615 7997

ryzouken
2010-07-11, 03:53 PM
Say, what do you think the new professor will be named? I'm thinking Professor Holly, Professor Willow, or Professor Fir.

No! Let it be Holly and let her be hawt!

I mean... <.< >.>

Current Project: Regi's. Stupid Wailord.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 03:54 PM
Alright. I just gotta get a Friend Code or something. I have yet to do a global trade, although I know the trade center is in Goldenrod. I do not know how to find someone to trade with online. >_>

Could I ask for a favour? I have a Scyther, Machoke, Graveler, and Seadra I am looking to evolve, mind if I just send those over and you send them back?

And grrr. I don't yet have a Kadabra or Haunter. I'll have to go get those. -_-

EDIT: Oooh. It seems they are both on route 8.

Just go to any pokecenter and go to the wifi counter. And no problem! Of course I'd help you!

Dihan
2010-07-11, 04:02 PM

Well considering araragi is a Japanese Yew tree I think Professor Yew would be the most logical.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:03 PM
Well considering araragi is a Japanese Yew tree I think Professor Yew would be the most logical.

Maybe, but Yew is a less feminine name than Holly, Willow, or Fir. I'm just tossing about ideas in my head.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:13 PM
Alright. I'll get to a pokécenter right away.

Does anyone have a spare Magmarizer or Electrilizer? Priority on the latter.

I got an evertstone, Lagging Tail, Destiny Knot, Poison Barb, Miracle Seed, Shed Shell, Hard Stone, Luck Incense, Rose incense, Silk Scarf, Shell Bell, Dragon Fang, and Light Clay that I can offer if needed.

EDIT: Alright Coffee, I am at the pokécenter. I have my future Politoed, Scizor, Golem, Machamp, and Alakazam in my party.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:14 PM
Alright. I'll get to a pokécenter right away.

Does anyone have a spare Magmarizer or Electrilizer? Priority on the latter.

I got an evertstone, Lagging Tail, Destiny Knot, Poison Barb, Miracle Seed, Shed Shell, Hard Stone, Luck Incense, Rose incense, Silk Scarf, Shell Bell, Dragon Fang, and Light Clay that I can offer if needed.

I can give you the dex data for Magmortar and Electivire. Gimme a moment to take the dog out. What's your FC? Mine's 2064-1353-9996.

tgva8889
2010-07-11, 04:16 PM
Current Project: Regi's. Stupid Wailord.

Wailords appear in the wild if you have the guts to go fishing for one. The route on which Sky Pillar appears is the one.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:18 PM
I'll say yes to Magmortar, but I need the electrilizer itself for the Electabuzz I use in my roster.

EDIT: GAH. It says no access points in range. Can't get a code.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:21 PM
I'll say yes to Magmortar, but I need the electrilizer itself for the Electabuzz I use in my roster.

EDIT: GAH. It says no access points in range.

Have you set up a Wifi signal yet? Do you know how to? And I don't have a spare Electrizer yet.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:21 PM
No? No?

Is my answer to the first two.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:23 PM
No? No?

Is my answer to the first two.

Okay, reset the game and scroll down on the startup screan to Nintendo Wifi connection.

Say, would you like a Vulpix with Flare Blitz?

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:26 PM
Oooh. I need a Vulpix. Sure.

And it can't find a wireless point. I'll try manual.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:30 PM
Oooh. I need a Vulpix. Sure.

And it can't find a wireless point. I'll try manual.

You don't have wifi in your house? And no problem! He's level 1 though. I'll attach a Fire Stone too.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:41 PM
We have Wifi, but I have an original generation DS. It can't seem to comprehend the fact that we have a WPA2 password rather than a WEP password, so it can't connect at all.

Guh.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:42 PM
We have Wifi, but I have an original generation DS. It can't seem to comprehend the fact that we have a WPA2 password rather than a WEP password, so it can't connect at all.

Guh.

Ugh, I'm sorry. So are we calling it off?

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:50 PM
I guess so. I don't think I can find another WiFi connection any time soon, and I don't want to invest in a DSi.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-11, 04:53 PM
I guess so. I don't think I can find another WiFi connection any time soon, and I don't want to invest in a DSi.

Sorry about that.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 04:56 PM
It's fine. I'll just bug one of my friends to find his copy of platinum and trade with him.

Hunter Noventa
2010-07-11, 05:16 PM

Guh.

Even the DS Lite doesn't do WPA2.

Though the real problem is that Pokemon itself only likes WEP. If you have access tot he router you could just change it to WEP while you do the trade, that's what I do.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-11, 05:31 PM
Aye, but my father has the router under lock and key.:smalltongue:

Goldfly
2010-07-11, 08:58 PM
Today, I beat Red with a team ranging from level 54 to 64.I caught Moltres, Kyogre, Suicune, and (thanks to Malek), Rayquaza. Seems like a pretty succesful day to me.

ryzouken
2010-07-11, 11:09 PM
I unlocked, and caught all three Regis, removed the HM moves from 5 of my transferring mons (can't palpark HM mons!) and successfully sent my Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, 2x Smeargle, and a lv 5 Adamant Beldum over to my platinum cart.

Next up: I'm not entirely sure. I need to transfer all my mons across to my plat cart from Leaf Green and Emerald to see what else I need. Maybe while I do that I'll focus on getting my pokewalker maxxed and put some time into HG.

Soon: competitive teambuilding. Oh joy.