PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Making the most of my wealth.

Jergmo
2010-07-08, 07:51 PM
In a friend's upcoming campaign, I'm playing a Beguiler 9/Mindbender 1. I'm playing with a Bard 6/Swashbuckler 4, elf or half-elf (I forget which) Druid 10, and dwarf Barbarian 10.

The problem I'm facing is making the most of my wealth. We're only allowed magic items from Core and the Complete series, although the DM let it slide that I have a few items similar to MIC's Tools. AC-boosters aren't a great deal of use to me, and to make everything work with my character I had to make my Dexterity 10, but Displacement and the like are my friends. I've fiddled around with what the character has a lot, but here's what it has thus far. I appreciate any help, I don't want my wealth to go to waste!

Additional note: No ranks in Use Magic Device. Couldn't fill every stinking role the party needs me to do in this campaign and still have it. :smallfrown: No wands.

Mithral chain shirt = 1,250 gp
Band of Shield (CL 3) = 5,400 gp
Ring of Feather falling = 2,200 gp
Handy Haversack = 2,000 gp
Boots of Elvenkind = 2,500 gp
Cloak of Elvenkind and Resistance +2 = 7,750 gp
Amulet of Health +2 = 4,000 gp
Charm of Benediction (CL 4) 1/day = 2,160 gp [Cleric/Paladin spell, Touch. 10 minutes/level, +2 bonus on saving throws, allows you to re-roll one attack roll, saving throw or skill check.]
Charm of Camouflage (CL 1) 1/day = 1,800 gp [Druid/Ranger spell, 10 minutes/level. +10 circumstance bonus on Hide checks.]
Charm of Fly (CL 5) 1/day = 5,400 gp
Charm of Spider Climb (CL 3) 1/day = 2,160 gp
Everburning torch = 110 gp
Headband of Intellect +2 = 4,000 gp
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Silence = 3,000 gp
Magic/etc. total = 43,730 gp

Dagger = 2 gp
Longspoon Masterwork Thieves' Tools = 150 gp
Belt pouch = 1 gp
Bedroll = 0.1 gp
Coil of silk rope (50 ft.) = 10 gp
Flint and steel = 1 gp
Soap = 0.5 gp
Trail rations (4 days) = 0.4 gp
Waterskin = 1 gp
Mundane total = 166 gp

Total = 43,896 gp, leaving a remainder of 5,104 gp

ToySoldierCPlus
2010-07-08, 08:03 PM
I'd drop the Amulet of Health. You're a beguiler, you really don't need that much HP, as you're not supposed to be near enough to the action to get hit, or visible to your foes to get hit. So that should leave you with ~9000 gp. I'd spend it on wands and scrolls of utility spells on your list, so you don't have to burn spell slots if you need to use one. Also, I didn't see a bag of tricks in that list. Fix this. You may also want a Handy Haversack, or a utility belt (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4400.0).

Jergmo
2010-07-08, 08:12 PM
I'd drop the Amulet of Health. You're a beguiler, you really don't need that much HP, as you're not supposed to be near enough to the action to get hit, or visible to your foes to get hit. So that should leave you with ~9000 gp. I'd spend it on wands and scrolls of utility spells on your list, so you don't have to burn spell slots if you need to use one. Also, I didn't see a bag of tricks in that list. Fix this. You may also want a Handy Haversack, or a utility belt (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4400.0).

I've already got the Handy Haversack, but why would I need a Bag of Tricks? :smallconfused:

If I'd be using animals to trigger traps, I've got Servant Horde, which would give me 2d6+10 Unseen Servants for 10 hours.

Oh, er...via Shadow Conjuration.

Psyx
2010-07-09, 05:18 AM
I'm not seeing a Blessed Bandage in there anywhere! 10gp well spent. Make everyone buy one.

Radar
2010-07-09, 06:05 AM
Shax's Indispensible Haversack to the rescue! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101)
Lot of options to browse through.

Wings of Peace
2010-07-09, 06:11 AM
Thought Bottle and somebody who can craft magic items for you.

Escheton
2010-07-09, 06:23 AM
Try to get eternal wands handwaved. They are from MiC and ECS.
You can just activate those as you are an arcane caster.
Runestaffs are also your friend.

Otherwise just rummage through all the complete books and pick what you like.

Jergmo
2010-07-09, 12:11 PM
I'm not seeing a Blessed Bandage in there anywhere! 10gp well spent. Make everyone buy one.

Er, isn't that from the MIC?

Thought Bottle and somebody who can craft magic items for you.

No dice on the latter, but I'll check out the former.

:smalleek: Um...it's 20k gp.