PDA

View Full Version : Nup-Nup

Coidzor
2010-07-08, 08:53 PM
Anyone have a working link to him? My google fu has utterly failed me. :smallfrown:

The Anti-Pun-Pun. AKA, the venerable kobold with 0 hit points and skill mastery in basketweaving that can't even make a basket without keeling over.

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 09:34 PM
Is Nup-Nup the psionic sandwich? If so... here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6117612&postcount=13)

That post brings up interesting points. If making a sammich has a DC of 5, the PCs can somehow fail at it.

Coidzor
2010-07-08, 09:38 PM
Is Nup-Nup the psionic sandwich? If so... here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6117612&postcount=13)

That post brings up interesting points. If making a sammich has a DC of 5, the PCs can somehow fail at it.

No, but I always love seeing the Psion sandwich. Also, you don't want too see what happens when people fail that skill check. :smallyuk:

Optimystik
2010-07-08, 09:39 PM
Having been to a rather bad Subway, I can indeed attest that it is possible to fail at making a sandwich. :smallsigh:

Mystic Muse
2010-07-08, 09:41 PM
No, but I always love seeing the Psion sandwich. Also, you don't want too see what happens when people fail that skill check. :smallyuk:

No you don't.

out of curiosity. Does failing directions mean you fail the check?

erikun
2010-07-08, 09:42 PM
Agreed. You end up with something like a salad in mayonayse on a sheet of paper.

I think Nup-Nup was from the original Psionic Sandwich thread, in an effort to create the worst possible character. It was a character with 0 HP, 1 in all stats, around -4 AC, and carried around enough cursed gear to make it virtually impossible to do anything that wouldn't kill himself outright.

theMycon
2010-07-08, 09:43 PM
If I remember correctly- Nup-nup is the kobold that gets to level 20 with 1 hp*, while being a (wizard) with Int too low to cast spells. As such, he can't do much of anything.

No, I don't have a link to it; but I do remember that much. Seemed to be the core of the build, the rest was mostly "waste all my feats and money to create temporary/removable stat reducers."

*This requires a con penalty AND the frail flaw, which allows you to gain 0HP at level up.

EDIT: I've confirmed that it's been purged from the wizards board, and cannot find it on the wayback machine. Anyone have better wayback-fu than me?

HOWEVER: I did find something almost as bad: Gud-Gud (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7420740&postcount=19)

Optimystik
2010-07-08, 11:40 PM
Wasn't there a Psion with 0 HP that had to manifest Vigor just to move somewhere?

(Yet another reason I love psionics)

Eurus
2010-07-08, 11:57 PM
Wasn't there a Psion with 0 HP that had to manifest Vigor just to move somewhere?

(Yet another reason I love psionics)

What, Virtue can't do the same thing? :P

Abd al-Azrad
2010-07-09, 12:01 AM
This thread really made my day.

Optimystik
2010-07-09, 12:03 AM
What, Virtue can't do the same thing? :P

No, it can't actually.

A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can she take full-round actions). She moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn’t risk further injury, but performing any standard action (or any other action the game master deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a quickened spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled character’s hit points, she is now in negative hit points and dying.

So you could cast Virtue - several times - each time doing absolutely nothing.

Marriclay
2010-07-09, 12:13 AM
No, it can't actually.

I don't think anything is worse than futility.

Eurus
2010-07-09, 12:16 AM
No, it can't actually.

Huh. I always thought you didn't take damage if you raised yourself over 0 HP with that action. Chalk it up to not having to deal with those rules 90% of the time, I guess. :smallredface:

Still, there's always Aid.

Ravens_cry
2010-07-09, 01:44 AM
I thought Nup Nup was everyone's favourite kobolds pet squirrel?

Lycanthromancer
2010-07-09, 01:46 AM
I thought Nup Nup was everyone's favourite kobolds pet squirrel?That's Nut Nut.

Ravens_cry
2010-07-09, 01:54 AM
That's Nut Nut.
Dang, dang.

Marriclay
2010-07-09, 02:12 AM
That's Nut Nut.

But I thought his name was Nut Pun?

Lycanthromancer
2010-07-09, 02:16 AM
But I thought his name was Nut Pun?Nah. That'd just be nutty.

Marriclay
2010-07-09, 02:27 AM
Nah. That'd just be nutty.

erg...glar... pun! Augh!

Tshern
2010-07-09, 02:54 AM
This thread is pun-punishing me for being nuts enough to start reading it.

Milskidasith
2010-07-09, 02:59 AM
Do I think this thread is pun-punny?

No.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-07-09, 04:01 AM
I'd just always take ten to make a sandwich, which even with no ranks and Int 3 you're guaranteed to succeed. Of course, you'll only ever end up making the bare minimum sandwich, and not a delicious sandwich:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215512154_ZZ9fp-L-2.jpg

Eldan
2010-07-09, 04:20 AM
Why does everyone think swiss cheese has gigantic holes? That always just confuses me. :smallconfused:

Real swiss cheese looks like this.
http://www.nzz.ch/images/__1.666005.1202206949.jpg

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 05:34 AM
Why does everyone think swiss cheese has gigantic holes? That always just confuses me. :smallconfused:

Real swiss cheese looks like this.

That is before the Swiss start drilling holes in their cheese to sell them for more while they're actually selling less and then go home and enjoy their diabolical intelligence with the cheese they drilled out.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-09, 05:37 AM
Nah. That'd just be nutty.

This thread is pun-punishing me for being nuts enough to start reading it.

Do I think this thread is pun-punny?

No.

I seriously hate you people.
:smallbiggrin:
But I love me some multiquote!

Tshern
2010-07-09, 05:40 AM
If I was there, I'd pun-ch for that.

Eldan
2010-07-09, 05:41 AM
Phh. We can find more creative pun-ishment than that.

Psyx
2010-07-09, 05:47 AM
"Real swiss cheese looks like this."

I think 'they' mean Emmental, which has plenty of holes.

You're just jealous, because American cheese comes between two little bits of plastic... or out of a can... :smallbiggrin:

Tshern
2010-07-09, 05:49 AM

You're just jealous, because American cheese comes between two little bits of plastic... or out of a can... :smallbiggrin:
And he scores...

Eldan
2010-07-09, 05:51 AM

Ah, yes. You mean the delicious taste of a piece of yellow plastic between two pieces of transparent plastic. Truly delicious.

Emmentaler does have holes, yes. However, the Emmentaler commonly sold is fresh one, which just doesn't have much taste. It's boring cheese. If it's a few years older and nice and grainy, it's not a bad cheese, but fresh... bah.

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 05:53 AM
Emmentaler does have holes, yes. However, the Emmentaler commonly sold is fresh one, which just doesn't have much taste. It's boring cheese. If it's a few years older and nice and grainy, it's not a bad cheese, but fresh... bah.

Still better than crumbly/moldy cheese of two years old.

Cheese may gain flavour as it ages, just like wine, but you shouldn't wait with eating it as long as you should wait with drinking that wine. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2010-07-09, 05:55 AM
Why? Cheese does get better the longer you chew it.

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 05:59 AM
Why? Cheese does get better the longer you chew it.

For some reason, this gives me the idea of a monster villain that continuously chews cheese with a side of wine, forever. The cheese and wine would grow old inside its mouth and eventually be useful enough to use as a "breath" weapon.

But that might be so cheesy it makes my players whine.

Psyx
2010-07-09, 06:02 AM
It's boring cheese.

It is. I don't even like the texture.

Stilton is where it's at.

Eldan
2010-07-09, 06:12 AM
As I said, try 3-year-old cave-stored Emmentaler. Slightly better, if still not great.

Hmm, Stilton. Haven't had any in a while now.

To the Cheese Market!

Wait, it's not wednesday. Great. Now you made me lust for cheese I can't buy immediately.

Heliomance
2010-07-09, 11:10 AM
For some reason, this gives me the idea of a monster villain that continuously chews cheese with a side of wine, forever. The cheese and wine would grow old inside its mouth and eventually be useful enough to use as a "breath" weapon.

But that might be so cheesy it makes my players whine.

I hate you.

BLiZme.2
2010-07-09, 08:05 PM
Have any of you had 7 year old cheddar oh so so soooooooooo good!

aivanther
2010-07-09, 08:25 PM

Tom and Jerry.